Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Twenty

48 minutes ago, Lagie said:

My six vamps behaved nicely this week, relatively speaking. Two dead eggs, one vampire, and three repulses!

i have 3 vamps that will be ready to make some House of Night vampires - two tomorrow afternoon and one Wednesday afternoon.  if all three turn to vamps and stay on my scroll, 2 will have hatched on monday, and the other other will hatch friday.  but even if they don't make vamps, the last egg slot would be freed up by thursday afternoon, so it should be all right.

i DO have 5 pyropellises to breed on monday afternoon, so the should all hatch by wednesday afternoon, and i can stalk the halloween biome wednesday night.  OR i can wait on my pyropellis breeding until after my halloween eggs hatch.  i guess i'll see what monday morning in the halloween biome brings XD 

1 minute ago, Lagie said:

Monday? Already? That seems soon... :P

Sneaks up!

42 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Monday? Already? That seems soon... :P

monday always sneaks up on you.....

Hmm...

And this Monday I have bloodwork at 8:30 a.m.

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and bacon and eggs*

The rain stopped after I went to bed. My cat towels are all wet.

On 10/20/2021 at 2:14 AM, trystan said:

XD 

if the kittens (they're 19 months old now) let us, i can put the tree up this year again XD  we shall see.

yaay Lilo & Stitch!

3fbef0664b3c9aa9eb9877198dc02838.jpg

Meega nala qweesta!

Absolutely one of the Best Movies Ever, I do know almost every line.

Off my run of nights, Lover and I are having some quality time together. Carving pumpkins, cuddles, and I'm teaching her to play on my PlayStation.

1 hour ago, Kestra15 said:

Off my run of nights, Lover and I are having some quality time together. Carving pumpkins, cuddles, and I'm teaching her to play on my PlayStation.

Yay for quality time! :D

I was hoping for a sunny day -- for an odd reason -- but it is gloomy this morning. If it's gonna be gloomy it should really give us some actual rain, as we are quite dry, but that isn't happening either!

Anyway, hubby and I want to defrost our chest freezer, which sits back in a darkish corner in the back of our garage. If there is sun streaming in the front it really helps us see what we are doing. Our lighting in there isn't great, so it is nice to be able to count on some natural light. Doesn't look like we are going to get that today.

Only five days away from the release of a new game I've been waiting for (Super Robot Wars 30). I'm a little worried since they replaced the linear gameplay the series is known for with missions... oh well, as long as the dialogue and story are still intact! I mainly play the SRW series for the story and characters anyway.

Also hate the art style of Pokémon Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl with a passion. I was hoping for a similar style to ORAS, but instead we get these waxy-looking bobblehead characters that look uglier than a GBA game (of course everything goes down the drain the moment GameFreak outsources). Sinnoh is my favorite region and Riley and Volkner are some of my favorite characters, but I'll never get to see them in glorious 3D outside of battles. 😩

Outside of video gaming, I've been falling into the deep, dark pit of Dungeons & Dragons recently. I've never read any of the sourcebooks and campaign books before, but decided to loan a few from the library. I haven't looked back since - I have almost every 5E book on loan now (and still waiting for the library to get the Feywild book and Van Richten's Guide). Already made a character too, a half-drow bookseller who hunts down rare books for a fee (he'll steal the book if he has to). I'm a librarian so of course I had to make a book thief.

I still lack people to play D&D with, but I'm enjoying the character creation process anyway~ Also started making a winged tiefling paladin for Eberron, but ported him into the Realms. Other than that, I'm also reading the Dragon Age and Pathfinder role-playing guides.

Edited by Beldarius

8 hours ago, Kestra15 said:

Meega nala qweesta!

I just watched it again!

Enjoy your time together!

6 hours ago, purplehaze said:

I was hoping for a sunny day -- for an odd reason -- but it is gloomy this morning. If it's gonna be gloomy it should really give us some actual rain, as we are quite dry, but that isn't happening either!

Well, at least you didn't send rain our way! XD  The ground was sopping this morning from the overnight rain but the sky stayed dry and mostly sunny which helped us dry out.

4 hours ago, Beldarius said:

I'm a librarian so of course I had to make a book thief.

Of course! :D  Have fun!

Saturdays are too long... and my office smells like rotten cat food.

8 hours ago, Kestra15 said:

Meega nala qweesta!

woo hoo! :) 

8 hours ago, Lagie said:

And this Monday I have bloodwork at 8:30 a.m.

fun fun!

hi there @Beldarius!

i'm off to see what's on my dragon calendar, and see what's hatching and growing up when.  i think i have some eggs for my vamps to bite.  hopefully they turn and stay this time! :) 

2 minutes ago, trystan said:

i think i have some eggs for my vamps to bite.  hopefully they turn and stay this time! :) 

Good luck with that.

4 hours ago, Beldarius said:

Only five days away from the release of a new game I've been waiting for (Super Robot Wars 30).

Hope it doesn't disappoint! Have fun.

We did get the freezer defrosted -- hadn't done it in over a year, so it was pretty bad! Takes more time to move the food in and out than it does to do the actual defrosting. Found some things in there that I had lost track of that need to get used up, so that will influence meals for the next few days. XD

!@#$%^&* vampires. killed both eggs. *sigh*

it's just, in the case of these vampires, i want Nyx and Neferet to bite them.  there are 6 other vamps i want to get, which is why i'm stalking the AP.  two of them i'd like to be from blue eggs, so there's that.  back to the AP after halloween then XD 

I'm abstaining from biting so I can turn dragons Undead on Halloween. I've been collecting quite a few Vampires from Trading. 

i have one more to bite, the calendar says wednesday. BUT maybe i'll just move everything off of next week and get back to it after halloween.  i'll want to influence and incubate my halloween stuff, so maybe after all that.

edit: rearranged my calendar so that (a) that vampire biting is after halloween, and (2) breeding and influencing i want to keep is after halloween now! woot!

Edited by trystan

5 hours ago, trystan said:

!@#$%^&* vampires. killed both eggs. *sigh*

Naughty Vamps!

3 hours ago, trystan said:

edit: rearranged my calendar so that (a) that vampire biting is after halloween, and (2) breeding and influencing i want to keep is after halloween now! woot!

Yeah, since breeding some of my Z's yesterday I am kind of on hold with everything until after Halloween. I will be breeding a lot of Halloween dragons and many of them are ones I will want to keep, plus hunting the AP for nice lineages that I might want to build on or mates for some of the holiday-kins on my scroll that don't have any.

Daughter and SIL got back from their vacation tonight and I had to pick them up at the airport. I am less that 15 minutes away, so it is no problem, but Southwest Airlines is all screwed up! Their flight actually got in 15 minutes early, but sat on the tarmac for over half an hour waiting for another plane to leave their gate, so they could deboard. Then, no surprise, it took another hour+ for the baggage to get out to the carousel! Meanwhile I was waiting a good bit of that time in the cell phone lot, even though I didn't even leave home until they let me know they were off the plane. Got to catch up on a couple of podcasts, though, whilst waiting! XD

Suggest a nursery for me.  I've forgotten what I used.  Lol.  Thanks.  

Never mind.  I suddenly remembered.  Hi, all!

Edited by Classycal

1 hour ago, purplehaze said:

Naughty Vamps!

yes, yes they were. *pouts*

1 hour ago, purplehaze said:

I am kind of on hold with everything until after Halloween.

i am now too.  there's some eggs i'll be breeding to offer, some of my lineages and such.  and if no one takes them on the Notice thread or on discord, i'll just drop them to the AP, along with my Sapphires on wednesday night.  the only breeding i'm keeping would be if my Fall x (new guy) Equinox give me that Fall i've been trying for since the start of the season.  i have a list of halloween ones to pick up, either from the AP or the Biome. :D 

7 minutes ago, trystan said:

i have a list of halloween ones to pick up, either from the AP or the Biome. :D 

Happy hunting! :)

44 minutes ago, Classycal said:

Hi, all!

Hi, Classy! Hope all is well with you. Haven't seen much of you lately.

4 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

Happy hunting! :)

thanks, you too! :) 

48 minutes ago, Classycal said:

Hi, all!

hi!!!!

glad you remembered which hatcheries.

try not to be a stranger. :D 

Just... nevermind. 😕

Edited by Long_Before_Sunrise

it's seven full days, including the 31st, so it starts right at midnight, 12 a.m. Cave/Eastern Time on the 25th.  so if you're on, say, Central time, it's right at 11 p.m. on the 24th.  (of course, if you're in England, that's 5 a.m. GMT on the 25th! XD)

in other news, i saw the Dune movie tonight. WOW

Edited by trystan

I really liked Dune as well. I love going to the cinema and Dune is perfect for that experience. Watching new releases on streaming platforms is not my thing, nor do I think it’s fair to directors whose careers depend on box office success. 

For Halloween, I’ll first go for the CBs I need then to the AP to hunt for pretty lineages. 

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and Belgian waffles with strawberries and whipped cream*

Now... tackle the books in reception or the cigarette smoke-y clothes at the back door? Decisions, decisions! :P

At least in my dreams last night I described a lady who runs a shop as a superhero. ;)

13 hours ago, Elizabeth Moonstone said:

I really liked Dune as well. I love going to the cinema and Dune is perfect for that experience. Watching new releases on streaming platforms is not my thing, nor do I think it’s fair to directors whose careers depend on box office success. 

agreed!

after we saw it, i mentioned something to hubby that i don't think i'd like seeing it on our flat-screen TV.  he said i would.  nah, not for the first time.  maybe if i rewatch it sometime in the future (like i buy it on DVD, which i might do).

AND - hubby said he was able to understand most of it and stuff; and that he'd watch part 2! yaay! (when's part 2? 2025? XD)

8 hours ago, Lagie said:

Now... tackle the books in reception or the cigarette smoke-y clothes at the back door? Decisions, decisions! :P

what did you end up deciding?

so.... we might foster a cat.  we thought we might be getting another void, but something got lost in the communication chain and someone else adopted the void.  but there was another guy there, orange tabby tux named Nicholas.  not much is known about him, not even if he gets along with other cats or not.  the only thing we know is that kitty was not happy in the little cage.  we have a bedroom he can hang out in away from everyone else to see how that goes.  i have the feeling that if he does get along with everyone, he'll be a foster fail XD