Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Twenty

yep, we've got sun too!  supposed to be warmer today and tomorrow though.  weird weather.

so on my other clickie critter site, there's a shop that pops up every now and again, selling creatures that had been retired from the site - like a holiday only creature. so... i bought one of the more expensive ones because it's really cute...and parentless! (the one i have someone bred for me)  i do hope it's a female (creatures can't be influenced....)  but if not, i have a gender-change potion! i just looked! woooot!!

okay, i'm good. :D

:D

Enjoy your sun, both of you!

We had sun today. We also had a sunshower (rain while the sun was out), annoyingly, but not for too long, and the sun meant it dried fairly quickly once it stopped.

(Quiet around here...)

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and croissants with butter and jam*

Last day before our jewellery sale. We need to move a bunch of stuff around in preparation.

Edited by Lagie
Nobody else posted ...

*slumps into the CPA beanbag*

Finally out of this week. 70hrd I've worked. I'll be nestling into this beanbag and not moving til Monday.

1 hour ago, Kestra15 said:

Finally out of this week. 70hrd I've worked. I'll be nestling into this beanbag and not moving til Monday.

Sounds like you need that! *hugs*

Dental appointment this morning went okay, but I have decided that I do not like this new dentist.

18 hours ago, Kestra15 said:

Stay as long as you need. *hugs*

16 hours ago, purplehaze said:

Dental appointment this morning went okay, but I have decided that I do not like this new dentist.

Uh oh. It's better when you like them.

The new a/c makes the pricing room too cold for my taste. :rolleyes: But my volunteers are happy campers now.

(Quiet around here...)

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and bacon and eggs*

Jewellery Sale today! Wish me luck.

Edited by Lagie
Nobody else posted ...

At least I have two days off before it all starts again.

*hugs, mumbles and rolls back over*

@Kestra15 I hope you are getting some rest irl. And some sort of stress relief!

Supposed to be sunny and warm (highs in the mid-80s F) today, until a cold front moves in this afternoon bringing rain and much cooler temps. Tomorrow is only supposed to get to mid to upper 60s.

3 hours ago, w0rmg0d said:

Hi. Haven't been here in a while. I hope you all are well

I am!  Hope you are, too. Welcome back.

6 hours ago, Kestra15 said:

At least I have two days off before it all starts again.

*hugs, mumbles and rolls back over*

Sleep well!

Jewellery sale went well!

6 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Yay! :)

I just bought 6 Cantormaris eggs in the market. I figured that is the only way I am ever going to have enough of them on my scroll at one time to make it worth attempting to earthquake them. When the other two eggs on my scroll hatch I will leave those spaces open until afterward. So I am pretty much egg locked for the next couple of days. I hate that. If the earthquake is successful and doesn't kill everything it will be worth it, though.

Good luck with that, @purplehaze!

I have almost resigned myself to buying the new gemshards...

11 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Good luck with that, @purplehaze!

I know, right?

2 hours ago, purplehaze said:

If the earthquake is successful and doesn't kill everything it will be worth it, though.

That doesn't happen often. You're more likely to get all eggs unaffected or 2 die. 

5 hours ago, w0rmg0d said:

Hi. Haven't been here in a while. I hope you all are well

welcome back!

2 hours ago, Lagie said:

yaaay!!!

2 hours ago, purplehaze said:

I just bought 6 Cantormaris eggs in the market.

i do still stalk the cave for you for a Cantor so i can teleport it so you have the Itus/Orange version... unless you managed to get one in the meantime?

46 minutes ago, Lagie said:

and i still try to remember to stalk the cave/jungle on thursdays, fridays, and saturdays for you too!  thursdays are the easiest, because i'm at my desk job. 

and then i'll stalk the AP for gemshards, cantors, and the second set of Xenos, but if they're not CB i toss 'em back, like a fish that's too small XD 

21 hours ago, purplehaze said:

@Kestra15 I hope you are getting some rest irl. And some sort of stress relief!

Yesterday was shopping, today will be housework, but Lover has the weekend off as well so at least I get to see her!

47 minutes ago, Kestra15 said:

Yesterday was shopping, today will be housework, but Lover has the weekend off as well so at least I get to see her!

Yay for seeing her! :)

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and Belgian waffles with strawberries and whipped cream*

Do I go to work today and deal with the aftermath of the jewellery sale, or do I stay home and try to relax knowing I'll have to deal with the aftermath of the jewellery sale on Tuesday? (The person running the sale set everything up but at the end of the day made absolutely no effort to undo what had been set up, stepping away from it leaving covers on the tables and tables blocking the shed area (literally, she stepped over the side wall at the end of one of the still covered tables, the one that will get soaked if it rains) , and I was too tired yesterday after it all to do most of it myself, though I did remove the one cloth that would get wet if it rains.)

2 hours ago, Lagie said:

Do I go to work today and deal with the aftermath of the jewellery sale, or do I stay home and try to relax knowing I'll have to deal with the aftermath of the jewellery sale on Tuesday?

I'm guessing you will end up going in today. ;)

It really feels like fall here this morning! Of course it is the middle of October, so it should. But it is the first day we have had so far that really has. The whole week is supposed to be in the high 60s low 70s F range.

4 hours ago, purplehaze said:

I'm guessing you will end up going in today. ;)

Of course I did. XD

Good thing, too, as my alternate feeding person for my shop animals wasn't in today. The cleanup didn't take too long, and I was able to share in the lunch brought for the spay and neuter clinic today.

Enjoy your cooler weather! It is very slightly cooler here today.

9 minutes ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

I've forgotten how to adjust to cooler weather.

Me too, and discovered I really have nothing much ready to wear for the season!

i LOVE the cooler weather! :happy dance:

today was a weird day - we went to the unveiling (of the gravestone) of my great-Uncle, who died back in May of 2020.  i'm sure my mom told me about it, but it was only a few weeks after my dad died, so if she didn't tell me, i don't blame her.  my Uncle Joe was my dad's mom's youngest brother, and when he was 50, he married Libby.  their son, David, is the same age as my youngest brother, but David and my dad were first cousins.  it was hard to wrap my brain around that when i was much younger.  the age difference is still kinda weird. XD   but, we saw family that we hadn't seen in a while.

then, hubby and i visited with my mom for a little bit before we went out to dinner (Saladworks) for hubby's birthday today. :) then we go swarmed by cats, who probably demanded to know why their dinner was two hours late.

and now i breed my florets.  i see how this "breeding creep" works. XD 

(i just want one more male Peach Iris that's unrelated to all the girls. XD

@trystan I agree about the cooler weather. Looking forward to pulling out my sweaters!

In other news, here is my adorable snuggle-lump. He has cuddled with me almost the whole day and it has been glorious, like having a 65 lb lap cat...

20211017_201837.thumb.jpg.eb83b4c384d27944f0c22a5c568db416.jpg

Edited by BringsTheSnow

29 minutes ago, trystan said:

got swarmed by cats, who probably demanded to know why their dinner was two hours late.

Silly kitties! (Mine do that, too, when I'm late from work.)

11 minutes ago, BringsTheSnow said:

other news, here is my adorable snuggle-lump.

Very cute! I had wondered if your avatar was your dog. What's his name?

Just now, Lagie said:

Very cute! I had wondered if your avatar was your dog. What's his name?

His name is Harlem ❤. I love my pittie-boy! Completely converted to being a dog mom.

I used to think I would only ever own cats but my fiancé convinced me to think about adopting a dog. First pup we looked at was Harlem, who was 16 weeks and 20 lbs at the time. He stole my whole heart from the moment I first met him. 

I still miss my kitty though. We had to put her down in 2016. 

Harlem's a great name. :) Pitties are such snugglers when they've been raised right. Sadly, a lot of people here want the rough and tough version and mistreat them to produce that.

I've always had dogs so it's weird for me to now be a 'crazy cat lady'. I have three that live full time in my back patio area and I feed up to six others each day as well. I'm allergic, so none in the house for me.

3 minutes ago, BringsTheSnow said:

I still miss my kitty though. We had to put her down in 2016. 

*hugs*

22 minutes ago, BringsTheSnow said:

I agree about the cooler weather. Looking forward to pulling out my sweaters!

already got mine! :D 

11 minutes ago, Lagie said:

yeah, that sounds about right

we've had a total of 15 cats since hubby and i got married.  we've said goodbye to 6 over the years, and it's always hard.  {{hugs BringsTheSnow}}