Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Twenty

My daughter and her hubby are getting two cats from the BARCS shelter where she volunteers. They will be outdoor cats because in spite of the best efforts of fosters, they could not adapt to living indoors. They will shelter them in their garage, where they have installed a kitty door. Daughter has missed having a cat since she had to have hers put down 3 years ago, but her hubby is allergic and said no more cats. So this may be the ideal solution. I hope it works out.

Psst! (Are Trystan and her hubby crazy cat people?)

aww, kitty!

16 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

Psst! (Are Trystan and her hubby crazy cat people?)

yes.... yes we are!

53 minutes ago, trystan said:

what did you end up deciding?

Both! I get a lot more done in two hours on a Sunday than I seem to accomplish all five days of the regular week.

I'm completely out of data so I'm standing outside in the spry (very light rain) to be online. My plan renews tomorrow at 11:40 a.m.

1 hour ago, Lagie said:

Both! I get a lot more done in two hours on a Sunday than I seem to accomplish all five days of the regular week.

there's no one there to pester you?

is it 11:40 a.m. yet? XD 

4 hours ago, purplehaze said:

. They will be outdoor cats because in spite of the best efforts of fosters, they could not adapt to living indoors. They will shelter them in their garage, where they have installed a kitty door.

They'll need to keep them in the garage for two weeks until the cats accept that 'this is where I live now' or they'll promptly disappear, unless there's a fenced pen with a top that they're going out the pet door into..

Ideally she should bring something like a towel home with them that already has their scent on it, so they can feel like they already have a claim to this new territory (garage) and they're not trapped in another animal's territory.

17 minutes ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

They'll need to keep them in the garage for two weeks until the cats accept that 'this is where I live now' or they'll promptly disappear, unless there's a fenced pen with a top that they're going out the pet door into..

Ideally she should bring something like a towel home with them that already has their scent on it, so they can feel like they already have a claim to this new territory (garage) and they're not trapped in another animal's territory.

Yes, the shelter has given them instructions for acclimating them to their new home.

But did they check the garage for ghosts? 

Spoiler

20211024_204420.jpg

Edited by Long_Before_Sunrise

XD I don't think so, but if only the cat can see them, how would you check?

Just a bit over 2 hours now until the DC Halloween season starts! Can't wait!

On 10/22/2021 at 1:27 PM, Lagie said:

*hands over tissues*

Why do some Minecraft trees have white and black trunks?

It's the birch tree kind. There are a few different trees in the game. Some act as color pallet for when crafting items

Morning everyone!

12 hours ago, trystan said:

there's no one there to pester you?

Exactly. Or customers to check out. Or donations to take in and find space for.

2 hours ago, DragonSpirit009 said:

It's the birch tree kind. There are a few different trees in the game. Some act as color pallet for when crafting items

Morning everyone!

Ooh, cool. Thanks!

*hugs*

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and toast with jam*

No breakfast for me, though, as I have bloodwork to do this morning.

5 hours ago, DragonSpirit009 said:

Morning everyone!

morning!

3 hours ago, Lagie said:

Exactly. Or customers to check out. Or donations to take in and find space for.

yep yep!

so.... i've viewed the missing eggs i needed to complete my encyclopedia entries for the halloween dragons! yaay! (so now i only have six xmas eggs to view, and i will have everything (as of now) unlocked.  there's still the actual halloween dragon this year, and if there's any release in november, but hey)

i made a list of what i want from the halloween biome this year, and already have my pumpkins! 🎃 off to stalk the biome as well as get more trick-or-treats too! :D

Crafty question for you @trystan -- or anyone else.

My son in law has a lifetime goal of visiting all the National Parks and has already been to quite a few.

He got this shirt, which has check-offs for each park.

Spoiler

627245294_NPShirt.thumb.jpeg.1fad852108f059d8abe94b59805edf97.jpeg

My daughter is asking how to mark them off. She was thinking acrylic paint or maybe puffy paint.

Do you think that would work? Any other ideas?

Edited by purplehaze

11 minutes ago, trystan said:

however, that link doesn't take me to the picture..... just an error page

I did it differently, but it came out really big, so I spoiler'ed it this time. Can you see it now?

It looks like the boxes are made with whatever it is that they use for the pictures on t-shirts and I'd want to be sure that whatever she uses would stick to that.

@purplehaze - yep, i can see it now!

hmm.  fabric marker.  or my fave, sharpie!

or, the little x could be embroidered on - that would certainly stay! XD

I like the embroidery idea! But the stitching might be uncomfortable if you are wearing it.

Or a small attachable bauble, the flat-backed sparkly ones, whose name has completely escaped me. (Old age sucks.)

I hope so! XD

Our shelter was broken into last night. Lots of door frames and locks and filing cabinets jimmied. About $250 and some bags and dog bowls stolen, along with the base unit for the camera system. :( My shop, thankfully, was untouched but it turns out my camera system, which might have seen whoever it was, isn't recording.

Who steals from a charity?!? :angry:

4 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Who steals from a charity?!? :angry:

Lowest of the low! So sorry that happened!

People with no moral compass of which there are quite a few, unfortunately. Very year a few news stories about items stolen from houses of worship, schools, and Christmas gifts for childrens' charities. It's even lower to steal from the voiceless, abandoned and unwanted. You seem to be having a run of bad luck lately. I'm sorry, Lagie.

Edited by Long_Before_Sunrise

oh yikes, Lagie! that's awful! :( 

in other news, i now have 1700 dragons :D 

44 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

Lowest of the low! So sorry that happened!

Thanks. 

43 minutes ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

People with no moral compass of which there are quite a few, unfortunately.

Sadly very true.

28 minutes ago, trystan said:

oh yikes, Lagie! that's awful! :( 

in other news, i now have 1700 dragons :D 

Thanks.

And congrats! :)

My parsnips aren't growing... :P

Toppage, page 533! B)

Edited by Lagie
Toppage!