Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Twenty

Odin finally went to his new home yesterday! He became a real cuddler after I took him into the shelter (he was beating up my kittens and couldn't stay).

Aww, thanks for the hugs guys. We had the same cat from before I was born to when I was 20 so it was especially hard to say goodbye. 

About Pitbulls, luckily we live in Virginia and localities are forbidden from discriminating against dogs solely based on their breed. Doesn't stop individual people from being prejudiced against them but at least I don't have to worry about the City I live in suddenly deciding it is illegal to own one! 

Edited by BringsTheSnow

6 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Odin finally went to his new home yesterday! He became a real cuddler after I took him into the shelter (he was beating up my kittens and couldn't stay).

yaay!  i remember you posting about him too.

there's only one pitbull i've met.... he's a big dog, but thinks he's a little lap guy XD 

Edited by trystan
typo. y'all surprised?

15 minutes ago, BringsTheSnow said:

His name is Harlem ❤. I love my pittie-boy!

He's beautiful! Reminds me a lot of the part-pit that my son used to have. He had more white on his face, though and just the dark around one eye. He was a sweetie, too.

8 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Glad Odin found a good home!

On 10/17/2021 at 12:48 PM, Lagie said:

Yay for seeing her! :)

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and Belgian waffles with strawberries and whipped cream*

Do I go to work today and deal with the aftermath of the jewellery sale, or do I stay home and try to relax knowing I'll have to deal with the aftermath of the jewellery sale on Tuesday? (The person running the sale set everything up but at the end of the day made absolutely no effort to undo what had been set up, stepping away from it leaving covers on the tables and tables blocking the shed area (literally, she stepped over the side wall at the end of one of the still covered tables, the one that will get soaked if it rains) , and I was too tired yesterday after it all to do most of it myself, though I did remove the one cloth that would get wet if it rains.)

*Snuffles away with waffles*

Of course you went in 😛 I would also suggest kidnapping your colleague until they do the work properly but my lawyers tell me this is not appropriate advice.

15 minutes ago, Kestra15 said:

Of course you went in 😛 I would also suggest kidnapping your colleague until they do the work properly but my lawyers tell me this is not appropriate advice.

XD

Same colleague gave me the distinct impression I would not be welcome at the sale she and three others are hosting on the shop's behalf today, which I'm assured is not the case by the others running the sale. :rolleyes:

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and toast with jam*

I have a new cat at my feeders, a gorgeous black and white fluffy one. We've already had it fixed but Julian can't remember if it was a boy or girl (silly absentminded Julian! :P ) so we're calling it Harley as a kind of neutral name. It seems to be semi-owned by someone in the 700 block.

11 hours ago, BringsTheSnow said:

I don't have to worry about the City I live in suddenly deciding it is illegal to own one! 

That's reassuring!

my Summer x Equinox pair wasn't interested again. *sigh* i keep hoping for a Fall from this pair.  another week or two, and i'll find her another Equinox if i don't get a Fall. XD

Total success for my EQ! :D

image.png.87b1f82265d4cd1ebdc03892f4469f61.png

Too bad I didn't have room for one more egg. I still need one more green Cantor. Maybe I can trade for that one?

@trystan Equinoxes still seem to be quite dominant in breeding. Good luck getting your Autumn. If you have a reluctant pair, you might want to switch them out sooner rather than later to give you more chance.

Edited by purplehaze

22 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

yaay congrats!!

22 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

@trystan Equinoxes still seem to be quite dominant in breeding. Good luck getting your Autumn. If you have a reluctant pair, you might want to switch them out sooner rather than later to give you more chance.

so next week i'll try her with a different equinox, thanks for the suggestion :)

1 hour ago, purplehaze said:

Too bad I didn't have room for one more egg. I still need one more green Cantor. Maybe I can trade for that one?

remember that Cantor eggs that survive Earthquake still hatch green. 

9 minutes ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

remember that Cantor eggs that survive Earthquake still hatch green. 

I know that. :)  I still need one more.

7 hours ago, purplehaze said:

Too bad I didn't have room for one more egg.

Congrats! :D

The sale today went well and has been extended to tomorrow. 

I finally have noise-cancelling headphones! So I can block out the next annoying noises at my house. :P

6 minutes ago, Lagie said:

I finally have noise-cancelling headphones! So I can block out the next annoying noises at my house. :P

Yay! Can you sleep with them on?

12 hours ago, purplehaze said:

Yay! Can you sleep with them on?

Probably not as I'm senstive to 'stuff' around my body at night, but I'll see.

Good morning, CPA! B)

Lovely sunny day, just a tiny bit cooler and less humid.

Good morning CPA!
I am also enjoying some good DC luck!

Spoiler

rain.png.6bca047041621e05ee4a6b4d03242aaf.png

The rainbow part of that lineage is now complete. If my luck persists then I'll get to my first g12 quickly. I wonder if TJ has changed xeno breeding ratios, since the prices on the market for new ones are now 200 instead of 100. If that is the case, then beating the final boss of this lineage will be crazy hard: breeding a pyro from obidar - only then will it be truly complete. :)

I am also nearing a completion of my second heart lineage: I "only" need to breed two gen4 yellow undines and then hope for yellow offspring.
I've already started working on a third heart lineage as a new thing to do. :)

Ugh...Bored doing training at work today. I work for my local government and, in addition to training all morning, I also have two after-hours meetings this week. Working 8am to 6pm today. 8am to 9 or 10pm tomorrow (whenever the meeting ends).

@Lost_Unicorn and @purplehaze congrats on your recent DC sucesses! 

i made an R2 with perler beads.

not sure what to do with it XD 

Spoiler

wHcSQUh.jpg

Christmas tree decoration?

Or ... Hannukah bush? ;)

I'm watching Lilo & Stitch. A copy finally came into the shop (mine skips...).

XD 

2 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Christmas tree decoration?

if the kittens (they're 19 months old now) let us, i can put the tree up this year again XD  we shall see.

yaay Lilo & Stitch!

3fbef0664b3c9aa9eb9877198dc02838.jpg

13 minutes ago, trystan said:

i made an R2 with perler beads.

not sure what to do with it XD 

Make a bigger version with toilet paper!

16 minutes ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

Make a bigger version with toilet paper!

LOL!

but no. there seems to be a TP shortage again :blink:

I made a dragon of perler beads when I went to the science center with my granddaughter. She made a cat. Her cat looked better than my dragon! XD

Of course we were limited to 64 beads -- an 8 x 8 square, so detail was impossible.

Edited by purplehaze

3 hours ago, trystan said:

LOL!

Well, damn. 

The sacred coveted item of 2020.

Spoiler

20210106_170326.jpg

Edited by Long_Before_Sunrise

Good morning, CPA! B)

9 hours ago, trystan said:

LOL!

We're running out of so many things here, it's scary. So far TP isn't one of them, but my favourite cookie snacks have been out of stock for weeks as have the fruit snacks I also like. An article in yesterday's paper said the car dealers are only receiving half of the cars they order due to shortages worldwide. The Minister of Agriculture is urging people to start growing food.

purple - 8x8? wow, that's so small. i have a few boards to work on, and the smallest i have is 14x14!

LongBeforeSunrise - also "The sacred coveted item of 2021."

Lagie - yep, things are getting crazy again.  some of the shortages are due to a lack of drivers able to haul shipments where they need to go.  there's like 100 of ships full of cargo at the port of Los Angeles waiting to get unloaded, but either there's no one to unload, or no trucks to load the cargo onto - or both! - so delays.  while i do still have TP at home, i try try to get some weekly.  might have to go to another store just to look.  my septic system can only use the 1-ply, so that's fun. XD