Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Twenty

14 hours ago, purplehaze said:

Both good things, right?

Definitely! I have clean clothes, and the cats' food and towels stayed dry. :)

Quiet thread... :P

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and toast with jam*

Happy Birthday, @Fortune86! Have a great day!

I have errands to run today, and might head to work later if the a/c gets installed early in the day so I can set the pricing room back up.

Edited by Lagie
Nobody else posted ...

Nobody home?

Quiet day, here, too. I did some mending and caught up on some paperwork. Home all day except to deliver the cookies to the church.

Misty rain most of the day and gloomy skies the rest of the time.

There is a huge spider web across my front steps from the railing on one side to the railing on the other. It was so pretty this morning with the mist on it, but I couldn't get a picture of it because there wasn't a dark enough background for it to show up. I tied yellow tape across to remind me to use the other steps for now. XD

56 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

Nobody home?

There is a huge spider web across my front steps from the railing on one side to the railing on the other. It was so pretty this morning with the mist on it, but I couldn't get a picture of it because there wasn't a dark enough background for it to show up. I tied yellow tape across to remind me to use the other steps for now. XD

very pretty, but also *aaaaaa*

9 minutes ago, SomeRandomCorviknight said:

Part of the reason I taped it off -- so I wouldn't accidentally walk through it and get that scary spider on me!!!

The animal shelter where my daughter volunteers took in 133 cats last week from a single rowhome in Baltimore. (Even Trystan doesn't have that many!) Now a number of them are testing positive for feline distemper and it is causing major problems for the shelter.

18 minutes ago, purplehaze said:
36 minutes ago, SomeRandomCorviknight said:

Part of the reason I taped it off -- so I wouldn't accidentally walk through it and get that scary spider on me!!!

yes yes and yes.

133 cats???  yikes.  i only have 9 XD 

52 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

Now a number of them are testing positive for feline distemper and it is causing major problems for the shelter.

Eeps, that's a lot (not alot ) of cats! :blink: and a shame they're sick. :(

52 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

get that scary spider on me!!!

Eek! But the webs are pretty.

My unfinished sign for Saturday's sale:

Screenshot_20211012-195525.jpg.c1b6072c3760050f417e17a99653284a.jpg

I'm putting my teacher-bulletin-board skills back to work. XD

24 minutes ago, Lagie said:

I'm putting my teacher-bulletin-board skills back to work. XD

Nice, but I think it should be jewelry? ? (which will fit better, too)

Daughter and her hubby are supposed to be flying out of BWI on vacation tomorrow morning early -- on Southwest Airlines! Hopefully they have solved whatever problem caused them to cancel so many flights over the weekend! Scary! They have two flights -- to Denver then change planes and on to El Paso. And two flights to get back on the 23rd.

Miriam-Webster says jewelry. But whatever. Maybe Bahamians use the British way.

28 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

Miriam-Webster says jewelry. But whatever. Maybe Bahamians use the British way.

M-W is American, so yes, it says jewelry. We here in Nassau tend to use the British spellings as does Canada, so I'm hardwired to jewellery. XD

33 minutes ago, trystan said:

734214bk-01.jpg

XD

47 minutes ago, Lagie said:

We here in Nassau tend to use the British spellings as does Canada, so I'm hardwired to jewellery. XD

which is to be expected ... Lagie, didn't you used to live in Canada too? :D 

5 hours ago, purplehaze said:

The animal shelter where my daughter volunteers took in 133 cats last week from a single rowhome in Baltimore. (Even Trystan doesn't have that many!) Now a number of them are testing positive for feline distemper and it is causing major problems for the shelter.

Oh no :( that many surely can't have been well cared for by one family surely? Reminds me of a family of ferrets a local shop took in recently; the female is so badly overbred that she is smaller than her own offspring at twelve weeks.

Cool sign Lagie. Sadly my teaching days were not as joyously crafty. But I have been asked to do two short lectures in the coming months at the local uni.

Work is horrendous at the moment. We haven't had safe staffing for nearly two months and it's starting to show. Five of our newer staff have already resigned in their first six weeks on top of several established staff handing in resignations. And COVID-19 is still hitting hard.

Edited by Kestra15

Ferrets have an unique breeding problem. The females will die of anemia if not bred or spayed. 

6 hours ago, SomeRandomCorviknight said:

*makes a note*

10 hours ago, trystan said:

which is to be expected ... Lagie, didn't you used to live in Canada too? :D 

Yes, I did! :)

7 hours ago, Kestra15 said:

joyously crafty

Love that description!

7 hours ago, Kestra15 said:

Work is horrendous at the moment

:( *hugs* Sorry you're losing so many people. Stay safe!

1 hour ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

This is Lagie.

suiviparlenuage.gif

Totally! XD

Good morning, CPA! B)

Sunny at the moment. After its being wrong most of last week, I don't know whether to trust the newspaper forecast any more. :P

2 hours ago, Lagie said:

Sunny at the moment. After its being wrong most of last week, I don't know whether to trust the newspaper forecast any more. :P

see, this is why i say the "forecast" is just a suggestion!

9 hours ago, Kestra15 said:

Work is horrendous at the moment

oof.  i'm so sorry {{hugs}}

i just looked at my DC calendar - how did i end up going from breeding my florets and sapphires wednesday mornings, and now it's in the evening??

10 hours ago, Kestra15 said:

Oh no :( that many surely can't have been well cared for by one family surely?

They were actually in surprisingly good shape for the crowded conditions they were living in! But apparently carrying the distemper virus.

10 hours ago, Kestra15 said:

Work is horrendous at the moment. We haven't had safe staffing for nearly two months and it's starting to show. Five of our newer staff have already resigned in their first six weeks on top of several established staff handing in resignations. And COVID-19 is still hitting hard.

That is terrible. *Hugs* Hope things get better soon. Stay safe!!

17 minutes ago, trystan said:

i just looked at my DC calendar - how did i end up going from breeding my florets and sapphires wednesday mornings, and now it's in the evening??

It's called breeding creep and it really can't be completely avoided. You have to wait until they are off cooldown, so the time gets pushed back at least a few minutes every week and then you get busy or something else comes up and you can't breed at exactly the right time and then...

So it goes.

Edited by purplehaze

50 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

It's called breeding creep and it really can't be completely avoided. You have to wait until they are off cooldown, so the time gets pushed back at least a few minutes every week and then you get busy or something else comes up and you can't breed at exactly the right time and then...

So it goes.

yeah, that sounds about right. *sigh*

our orange kitties came from a hoarding situation, where there were like 40+ kitties in the house that were rescued back in January of this year. Molly was pretty healthy and was able to be adopted, but had formed a bond with her dude, that we ended up naming Arthur (because Weasleys).  Arthur, on the other hand, had respiratory infections, teeth issues, and a hematoma on his ear that all had to heal and be cleared up before he could be adopted - which i think was finally in May, because hubby brought home "the Oranges" at the beginning of June.  he still sounds congested from time to time and sneezes a bit, and snores when he sleeps. XD   hubby is off next week, and even though the Oranges aren't due for vet appointments until January, i've mentioned i'd like him to take them for a "just to make sure everything is still good" visit next week. :D

The Oranges. XD That sounds funny.

Mind you, the 43 cats we had from a hoarding situation were mostly orange, too.  Apparently, the more they inbreed, the more ginger they become.

Gotta go.  I hope I beat the thunderstorm home!

1 hour ago, Lagie said:

Oooo! Hope so, too.

1 hour ago, Lagie said:

Apparently, the more they inbreed, the more ginger they become.

I did not know that. Interesting.

2 hours ago, Lagie said:

Apparently, the more they inbreed, the more ginger they become.

huh, that IS interesting!

got confirmation - there were a total of 47 kitties that were rescued back in january, and we have two.  there's still one guy that's still waiting to be adopted.  i told hubby we have enough kitties!

and @purplehaze - i see what you mean.  breeding time for my dragons was a little after 5.  it's now almost 6:30 and i'm about to breed them.  the florets i don't mind.  but i do want to breed the Sapphires on Wednesday, cause y'know, on Wednesday we wear Pink. ;) 

10 hours ago, Lagie said:

The Oranges. XD That sounds funny.

Mind you, the 43 cats we had from a hoarding situation were mostly orange, too.  Apparently, the more they inbreed, the more ginger they become.

Run Lagie! And interesting fact.

The thunderstorm kindly moved along and left us all alone! ;)

Good morning, CPA! B)

Sunny start to the day. We did have a short shower in the night, which is a good time for rain. :)

Good morning, CPA! We are seeing sun this morning for the first time in a couple of days.