Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Twenty

@trystan Yes, that is very small!

Here is my "dragon":

image.png.b0a5ead6ead23faa4a05df7b3d4557b9.png

Hard to get any detail at all, but he does breathe fire! XD

Good morning, CPA! It is a lovely sunny day today and I am hoping to get outside to enjoy it. Our lawn guy never trims the side of the hedge toward our neighbor. He would have to go on the neighbor's property to do it, but it is our hedge and looks like crap when it isn't trimmed. Hubby keeps "forgetting" to tell him and doesn't check before he leaves, and I keep going out and trimming it myself. Don't want to wait two weeks until lawn guy comes back. So, I will go out and do that today. At least they are not thick branches on the side like they are on top. I am afraid to do the whole thing myself because I don't want to set off my elbow problem again, but I've done just that side before with no problem. If it starts to hurt I will quit. Problem is that the pain sometimes comes later.

2 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

Here is my "dragon":

aww, cute!  but the breathing fire is very important! :D

I am afraid to do the whole thing myself because I don't want to set off my elbow problem again, but I've done just that side before with no problem. If it starts to hurt I will quit. Problem is that the pain sometimes comes later.

oof, that sounds rough. hopefully no pain this time!

Well, no pain yet at least. It didn't take long to do what needed to be done.

And I just realized I missed the breeding window for gold Lunar Heralds! I've been waiting for a couple of weeks to breed a Halloween mate and now it is too late. :(

It didn't take long to do what needed to be done.

well that's good!

And I just realized I missed the breeding window for gold Lunar Heralds

but that's not so good :( 

tonight is my sapphire breeding night and my floret breeding round 1.  but my daughter is coming up for dinner..... and by the time she leaves, it'll be well after the cool down time, and yeah, this breeding creep is real! i might just breed everything tonight anyway.  or maybe tomorrow. XD

55 minutes ago, trystan said:

tonight is my sapphire breeding night and my floret breeding round 1.  but my daughter is coming up for dinner..... and by the time she leaves, it'll be well after the cool down time, and yeah, this breeding creep is real! i might just breed everything tonight anyway.  or maybe tomorrow. XD

I understand! My own Sapphire breeding got so late that last week I ended up going to bed before they were off cool down. I was disappointed to skip a week but it certainly helped reset my breeding cycle.

1 hour ago, BringsTheSnow said:

I understand! My own Sapphire breeding got so late that last week I ended up going to bed before they were off cool down. I was disappointed to skip a week but it certainly helped reset my breeding cycle.

yep!

if i don't breed them tonight, i just might breed them tomorrow and post them in the Wednesdays We Wear Pink thread anyway XD 

Edited by trystan
forgot where i was.....

4 minutes ago, trystan said:

if i don't breed them tonight, i just might breed them tomorrow and post them in the Wednesdays We Wear Pink thread anyway XD

You wouldn't be the first one to do that. ;)

I bred mine earlier, but fully half of the breedings failed! Stubborn dragons.

6 hours ago, purplehaze said:

@trystan Yes, that is very small!

Here is my "dragon":

Cute! :)

My shop gardener always doesn't do the one thing I specifically ask him to (doesn't matter what it is; if I ask, it does not get done) so I will be trimming a bunch of overhanging branches myself on Friday. It needs to be done before the concrete guys arrive on Saturday.

Y'all will appreciate this, I think - when I returned to my desk this afternoon I found a message to return a call from Bruce Wayne. XD Turns out the guy's last name is actually Raine, but the message is amusing.

13 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

I bred mine earlier, but fully half of the breedings failed! Stubborn dragons.

i saw that.  stubborn dragons are stubborn XD 

4 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Y'all will appreciate this, I think - when I returned to my desk this afternoon I found a message to return a call from Bruce Wayne. XD Turns out the guy's last name is actually Raine, but the message is amusing.

guess he's not Batman, then XD 

3 hours ago, trystan said:

guess he's not Batman, then XD 

He's also impatient. I didn't call today as I was leaving work at the time I saw the message, and he's already contacted at Board member to complain that I hadn't yet called him back. :rolleyes:

45 minutes ago, SomeRandomCorviknight said:

i'm making good progress in the linage im building :D

Yay!

Nice breeze tonight. My nose dislikes the less humid weather.

11 minutes ago, Lagie said:

He's also impatient. I didn't call today as I was leaving work at the time I saw the message, and he's already contacted at Board member to complain that I hadn't yet called him back. :rolleyes:

yeesh.  impatient isn't good either.

Good morning CPA! My move to Germany is almost done and it went without major issue. I had to sleep on the floor one night because IKEA didn’t deliver same day and I got a fright from the Internet not working at first but it was solved eventually. 

Speaking of supply issues, I haven’t noticed any such thing in supermarkets in the countries I’ve recently been to (Italy, Belgium and Germany), probably because food and other essentials are just produced within and then trucked around the EU. However, I did notice that IKEA was missing alot of its products so maybe they get some of their stuff from out of the EU by container ships?

I don’t know about you guys but I’m extremely psyched for the Halloween event. I have some many dragons to collect! I have made a plan to catch everything I need, now I just need to be fast enough to catch them. Unfortunately, I don’t have a computer yet so I will have to do it on my tablet where I can’t really multitab easily.

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and toast with jam*

11 hours ago, trystan said:

yeesh.  impatient isn't good either.

Yeesh, indeed.

4 hours ago, Elizabeth Moonstone said:

Good morning CPA! My move to Germany is almost done and it went without major issue.

Good news! :) Hope you settle in well and that the job's a good one.

Halloween is approaching very soon! I'll be glad to be finished with the Halloween costumes and decor at the shop. :P

whatcha all talking about halloween for? i was at my michael's yesterday (for perler beads that we don't have in stock), and we have xmas trees out!

so, uhm, yeah.

seriously though, we have a lot lot of shortages all over.  michael's has gotten smart and are emailing customers their surveys and such, and people are replying, and so the manager (or whoever) prints them out so we can see how the store is doing, and there are so many comments along the lines of "they have so much out of stock" and "what i was looking for wasn't there" and "the shelves barely have anything on them, all the other stores i went to have what i'm looking for!"  we have no control of what's on the shelves and what comes in on the truck once everything is stocked!  now - it IS entirely possible (because i don't know the state of our replenishment team these days) that all the stuff the customers are looking for really is still unpacked in our back room, but i'd really like to give the replenishment team the benefit of the doubt and they really DO get everything out on the shelves in a timely fashion.  but there's also the change over of merchandise at this time - the fall and halloween stuff is getting sold out, and the xmas stuff isn't all here yet - so yes, we have empty shelves.  AND, because our competitor craft store closed down completely at the very beginning of 2020 (not pandemic related, i don't think), our customers are paranoid that we're closing too.  but between the change of merchandise AND the issues of the supply getting to us, people really need to chill the !@#$%^&* out.

okay, i'm good now. :)

Yeah, I was amazed a week or two ago when I went to Party City to get party favors and found their shelves almost empty in that area. Of course all that stuff is imported and they are having problems getting it. Can't blame the store for that, but it is disappointing to not be able to get what you need.

10 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

Of course all that stuff is imported and they are having problems getting it. Can't blame the store for that, but it is disappointing to not be able to get what you need.

agreed.  maybe the comments about merchandise shortages are just the people expressing their disappointment?

nah, they just want to complain XD

People like to complain. 

Today it was one woman who was decidedly disappointed we had no school supplies.  It's not like we can control what people donate to us. :P

Lagie~

this is true.  

in some regards, your merchandise is "easier" because you can't control what people donate.  my store did get school supplies - a few weeks ago.  we should have had them in the beginning or middle of august.  we have them every year.  we're still getting them, but they've now gone on clearance because they're "out of season" already.  there's things we get every year for halloween that we haven't gotten yet.  i'm half expecting some halloween stuff to show up once we're deep into the xmas season! XD 

13 minutes ago, trystan said:

i'm half expecting some halloween stuff to show up once we're deep into the xmas season! XD 

Need room for the new Christmas decorations that we don't have any place to put up!

LOL!

yeah, but if the halloween and fall stuff shows up in the middle of november, it'll be on clearance! 

15 minutes ago, trystan said:

yeah, but if the halloween and fall stuff shows up in the middle of november, it'll be on clearance! 

That must be playing merry-whatsits with the marketing department, and the sales figures.

It is POURING rain rather suddenly.

6 minutes ago, Lagie said:

That must be playing merry-whatsits with the marketing department, and the sales figures.

oh i'm sure it'll wreak havoc, should that actually happen.  but that's corporate's problem, and might end up affecting sales and maybe hours next year. :blink:

7 minutes ago, Lagie said:

It is POURING rain rather suddenly.

yeah, that happens.