Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Twenty

congrats Swift!

our DRE* checks in with the kids on zoom on sunday mornings, too.

*Director of Religious Exploration

Edited by trystan
proofread first, then post.....

4 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

Our church does not have the technology to do that, but had links on their facebook page for other livestreaming services, so I was able to "go to church" after all. Not quite the same, but will have to do for now.

And now I am patiently waiting for some eggs to hatch so I can gather in some of the new ones! I just had room for two and snagged two of the icy blue ones. A few more hours and I will be able to get two of the others. The rest of my spaces won't be open until some time tomorrow. I refuse to drop any of the eggs I bred yesterday, even though they are all commons that would be easily replaced!

Our church doesn't have the technology either.  We just used Zoom and joined with our phones or tablets.  If you don't have a smart device, you can use your phone and hear just the audio.  So everyone should be able to join in a meeting.  Check it out.  

I've been unable to catch even one of the new eggs.  I can't move fast enough.  But maybe it will slow down later on.  

3 minutes ago, Classycal said:

I've been unable to catch even one of the new eggs.  I can't move fast enough.  But maybe it will slow down later on.  

It usually slows down after a few hours. But then old eggs start to mix in so you can't just click madly and catch whatever pops up. :(

i'm waiting for two things with the new eggs - i want to see what the adults look like (i'm kinda weird that way) and i want to wait until more of my pinks come off of cooldown so i can influence them for each gender.

I had no trouble just now on the 1:50 drop getting two of the large, light eggs. From two different biomes even. Now I am locked again.

@trystan My daughter, who has in-laws in PA just said that they are under orders to shelter in place. Hubby and I (mostly him!) were hoping to visit some of the grocery outlet stores in the Lancaster area next week. I'm not sure how that might affect us.

so i just got two of each of the new eggs.  i only have female pinks for influencing... i do need to check and see when my next male pinks come off cool-down, maybe i can still get a m/f pair of the large, light eggs? i've influenced the frosty ones though!

@purplehaze - yeah, essentially.  i've got my scheduled grocery pick-up tomorrow morning, i'll see what i end up getting.  there's grocery outlet stores too?? XD 

I got two large light on my first try in the jungle, and an icy z in the alpine on my second attempt. Now for decisions on the other eggs I have... Of all days to not turn my phone on till late! XD

Congrats, @Swiftphoenix!

I've been reading outside. It's so much quieter without all the vehicles driving about.

*sets out rice and broccoli*

turns out i have a pink dragon that's on cool down only for "1" more day! so... i'll check in a few hours to see if he's cooled down yet, and then i can influence both my large but light eggs.

i have 2 of each of the new ones.  and now i'm egg-locked.  but i found a Xeno on the AP!!!!

I've managed 4 icy and 2 large but light, might have to drop an up-for-trade egg.

I have internet!!! From Julian's place two doors over so it's a little slow but at least it works.

That will make the next few days a bit more dragon productive-y! XD

(I have lots of naming and shifting to do.)

Good thing, too, since I don't seem to be able to log into my phone app to do anything about increasing my data that's just about out.

i have a lot of naming to do too..... the stats thing on Egg Drop Soup says i have 438 unnamed items.

438!  Wow that's a lot.  Still haven't caught any new eggs, but I haven't tried in a couple of hours.  Trystan, when the new egg fever dies down, I can breed you some pinks if you like.  

that also included my 12 growing things and my Lettle Tree and my Chicken, and....

@Classycal thanks for the offer to breed pinks!  i actually have 6 of each gender, it's just that i've actually been quite active on DC a lot, and i'm wanting to fill in my breeds i'm missing the other gender for.  i'll let you know about some "new" Pink blood in my stable maybe once my new eggs hatch!

I have 620 unnamed things, according to the DC scroll filter.

Some will never be named as I want their codes visible.

I can also breed pinks if you need them!

oh right, the scroll has filters too!

@Lagie - i have two pinks with Trotsky parents, actually!

tee hee, i just named my snakey Lacula that i got on st. patrick's day a very pagan irish name. heh.

Edited by trystan
so i didn't double-post

The only unnamed creatures on my scroll except for ungendered hatchlings are Split dragons. The ones I am using for my massive lineage (up to 10 gens now and working on building a mate!) don't get names until I have an offspring from them. I have started "naming" them with their code and generation, though, just to help me organize them better, so it is only my older ones that my scroll filter catches as unnamed.

All of mine are named, but it took some work as I had around 150 - 200 that were unnamed a month or so ago.

1 minute ago, purplehaze said:

I have started "naming" them with their code and generation

i've actually seen a lot of names that have a generation in their name, and abbreviations like CB and PB like... "PB 2G AbCdE"... or whatever. helps the owner keep track of what it is just by looking at it.  i get it.  and it's awesome that dragons can be renamed now, too! :) (btw, how long has that been a thing? i got lazy at naming back in 2012. XD 

I need to go thru my dragons and add something that alerts me if they are purebred or CB, etc.  Right now, mostly only my Seawyrms are marked.  

Today I'm imagining myself hitting someone with my chair over their heads!

Morning everyone!

Consistent with my new policy of not complaining about anything every again for the rest of my life, I am not even whining about the miserable cold and rain, I am just looking at it as at least we won't have any fires anytime soon.

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one from the US up in the middle of the night.  I've seen a lot of people up late (or up early).

I had to come back to work cause they didn't sort out our internet to work from home!

So here I am... Stuck with people who can't even plug in their own pc's!

The frustration is intense today