Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Twenty

Good morning peeps!

@DragonSpirit009 : I've put more fuel in the flamethrower if you want to use it. 

Just remember to stand near the door for quick escape. 

I finally got two of each egg at 4am cave time.  

My daughter was getting set up to work from home, but she does a lot of CAD drafting and the computer they sent home with her is so slow that she couldn't get much done. So she is back in the office for now. If they shut down all but essential businesses then they will have to figure out something else or she will be out of work. Her husband already works from home most of the time.

My son can work from home for a lot of what he does, but only if the administrative assistants are in the office at least part of the time to feed files into the computer system. He has been combining work at home with home-schooling my granddaughter and going into work the three days that his wife was off. She works for a high-risk prenatal clinic and has daily contact with multiple patients, which scares me, although I know she is as careful as she can be. Concerning times for all of us.

i can't work from home for some of the things i need - we have a database that was designed a zillion years ago in Access for Office 2000.  the connections totally break down if it's imported to any later versions.  and it only half works on my Win7 computer.  it was designed for Win98 and XP, so.... and there's no way we have the time and money for someone to updated to the current version of Access.

in other news, i have to go back out to go shopping for the other half of my shopping list.  i use GiantDirect, and part of what's frustrating is they don't substitute items anymore.  i picked the store brand curly-Q Rotini pasta.  in the past they'd substitute another brand for it... now i don't even get it.  and since the store i picked for the earliest pickup (some stores were well into next week already with their pick-up slots) shops from their own stock, i have to go to another Giant.  it's cold and raining outside, and all i wanted to do was watch my show and crochet.  well, the shopping won't take too long, so that's good.  wonder what i'll find at the other Giant....

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out a variety of granola bars*

Warm and sunny here! I spent yesterday making boxes for my origami and stashing them out of sight so there's finally a gap in the stuff along the dining room wall. Today I hope to tackle the three bottom boxes that have all the accumulated papers from my library degree coursework (from 2007!). Wish me luck! I have a hard time throwing things away.

1 hour ago, Lagie said:

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out a variety of granola bars*

Warm and sunny here! I spent yesterday making boxes for my origami and stashing them out of sight so there's finally a gap in the stuff along the dining room wall. Today I hope to tackle the three bottom boxes that have all the accumulated papers from my library degree coursework (from 2007!). Wish me luck! I have a hard time throwing things away.

I have a hard time throwing things away.  My one friend who has been helping me with the move the most is helping me with that.  She'll just say that I don't need "that". 

1 hour ago, Fortune86 said:

*segways in*

Ooooh granola bars

*grabs all and segways out*

Hey! *throws grapes after Fortune* Leave some for the others. :P Weren't you just complaining about the hoarders in your food stores? ;)

*sets out brownies*

Alas I cannot have anyone come and help with that at the moment, @Classycal, lockdown and all... XD

But I'm managing to be fairly ruthless, keeping mainly my assignments so far (and stuff on library classification which still fascinates me; I should have been a cataloguer! )

shopping was like a scavenger hunt.  i'll know how "well" i did in two weeks. i mean.... there were a number of people there so who knows about this virus thing. the last day i worked at my retail job was the 13th, so hopefully i'll still be well by this friday.  we actually have a working thermometer , and i've taken my temp a few times... 97.2 and 97.9. i'm cooler than usual, so that's a good thing, right?

I haven't been to the store recently, but my daughter reports having to go to three different stores and still not being able to find all she needed. Some of the stores are limiting quantities now, so at least the hoarding is more under control, they just have to manage to get restocked.

I see that Costco is  not allowing returns on the stuff people panic bought. Apparently some of the people who bought huge quantities last week, and are now out of work due to businesses closing, wanted cash refunds. I guess they will have to go out in the parking lot and set up their own black market.

Our governor has now ordered all non-essential businesses closed. Sadly that shutters our church and puts an end to our food distribution programs. Our hot lunches had become bag lunches in the past week, but now that will have to end, as well as our food pantry. Sad, because people will need it more than ever! We had already cancelled our church services and all meetings, but were trying to continue our commitment to feeding the hungry.

It's amazing how many things are affected that you don't think about at first.

I just realized this morning I had not cooked the mushrooms I had bought so I've had a lovely mushroom onion cheese eggy thing gor lunch and made enough for two more meals. I have a gas stove and very limited counter space so I am inclined to keep the stove turned off as I leave my kettle and toaster on it and the pilot light heat would damage them. Of course that meant today I had to clean it off before I could use it. XD

18 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

Some of the stores are limiting quantities now, so at least the hoarding is more under control, they just have to manage to get restocked.

i had a short convo with one of the ladies at my supermarket, she said it's really that the store needs time to restock, and then they'll be able to stop limiting quantities.

my boss is at the office today, so i should be all right for tomorrow.

3 hours ago, Lagie said:

Hey! *throws grapes after Fortune* Leave some for the others. :P Weren't you just complaining about the hoarders in your food stores? ;)

*sets out brownies* 

*segways back to gather grapes and brownies*

True, but I'm evil o3o

27 minutes ago, Fortune86 said:

*segways back to gather grapes and brownies*

True, but I'm evil o3o

Very true. :P

I have done enough papers for today. It's amazing how much fit in what seemed to be smallish boxes.

I've been going thru my scrapbooking stuff.  I have a lot.  I've got a lot to give to my cousin.  

I went to the store this morning to get a few items I'd neglected to get the other day.  Now I really am set to stay home.  

Brownies!  Yum!

can i share a silly thing i crocheted yesterday?

last time i tried posting a picture, it didn't actually post, so i'll just share a link this time. might want to warn y'all, i have a weird sense of humor.... XD 

I remember you saying you were going to make one.  It's very nice.   

3 minutes ago, Classycal said:

I've been going thru my scrapbooking stuff.  I have a lot.  I've got a lot to give to my cousin.  

If only I could send some of my stuff to her! I have lots that I now never use.

2 minutes ago, trystan said:

last time i tried posting a picture, it didn't actually post, so i'll just share a link this time. might want to warn y'all, i have a weird sense of humor.... XD 

That is awesome! :)

Are you making one for each of us? ;)

thanks Classy!

and sorry, no, Lagie, i don't have enough yarn.  also wouldn't want anyone else to catch it, either XD 

13 minutes ago, trystan said:

XD I love it! Now I want one, too!

well, i'd teach you to crochet, but there's that social distancing thing.... and, y'know, the actual distance too... XD 

XD Yeah, there is all of that. I actually do crochet a bit -- self-taught years ago.

I can crochet a straight line, but it usually ends up too tight and curls in on itself. I use them for the tails for my pom pom mice. XD

purplehaze - most of my crochet is self-taught too! :) 

lagie - youtube is great.  also, try a larger hook? :) 

Edited by trystan
proofread first, then post..... again *sigh*

Hello!

*gives everyone a virtual hug*

So here i am thinking about shaving my head. Not sure if i will do it for real. Haircut will not happen for some time for sure.