Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Twenty

time has been weird to me since forever, but about 10 years ago my desk job had to cut back our hours because we weren't doing as much business as we used to.  this was after it was just me and my boss and we moved to a smaller office.  so i worked Mon-Thurs, and picked up a Fri-Sun job.  my current Fri-Sun job is actually my second one because the first was a bookstore that closed.  so now, at the craft store, i'd work Fri-Sun and then go back to my desk job for only 4 days, but it felt like an entire 7!  and i'd finish at my desk job on a Thursday, work the weekend, and when i'd come back on Monday - only 3 days away - that felt like it was also another entire 7 days. yeah, time isn't real.

1 hour ago, trystan said:

well, it's just after 11 p.m. for me, and i'm still working on my current crochet panel for my Geeky Heirloom Blanket. (let me know if that link doesn't work....)

That's awesome!  I've done that kind of crochet, but a whole afghan?  I don't have the patience.  I do have the patience for C2C pictures though.

Good morning peeps!

Edit: My boss has told me I've done something wrong and I need to change it but he won't tell me what I did wrong. Or at least I'm not understanding him very well T-T

Edited by Fortune86

9 hours ago, StormBirdRising said:

Still alive, remembering to "be careful what you wish for" because I was complaining about how dead it was at work ( before my vow of never complaining again for the rest of my life) and then all hell broke loose and it is so busy here I don't have enough time for my dragons LOL

What's your work that you're so busy? (Do you sell toilet paper? XD )

3 hours ago, Fortune86 said:

Good morning peeps!

Edit: My boss has told me I've done something wrong and I need to change it but he won't tell me what I did wrong. Or at least I'm not understanding him very well T-T

Well, that's frustrating. How can you fix it if he won't say what's wrong?

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee and toast*

Sunny and warm again. I have a trunk full of cat food donations for the shelter.

Good morning CPA.  

Definitely frustrating if your boss won't tell you what the problem is.  

I almost forgot. It's @rubyshoes's birthday today. I wonder whatever happened to her.

Hi Classy!

11 hours ago, Classycal said:

That's awesome!  I've done that kind of crochet, but a whole afghan?  I don't have the patience.  I do have the patience for C2C pictures though.

thanks!!

so each panel is a project in itself, rather than making 1 panel and calling it 1/16th complete.  i started my first panel back in october and i hope to finish the last panel in april, so taking it in piecemeal makes it seem not quite as huge.  the border around the whole thing will be.... interesting. ;) 

i've made lots of c2c blankets, too. :) 

ETA:  i just had a fun, lovely Zoom chat with some online friends from Ravelry :D 

Edited by trystan
so i didn't double-post

4 hours ago, Lagie said:

I almost forgot. It's @rubyshoes's birthday today. I wonder whatever happened to her.

I miss her. :(

37 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

I miss her. :(

As do I! I tried, with the help of a former policeman friend, to track her down last time I was in Florida, but with no success.

Boxes dealt with, as best they're going to be.

Floor kinda mopped.  Now to set up my exerciser again.

The black lines are getting worse...

Ooh, no.  Black lines go away!!

I've got most of my scrapbooking all put away in drawers.  The only things left out is stuff that won't fit in the drawers. 

The new dragons are really pretty, but where in the world will I sort the colorful ones with my altered rainbow sort?  Hmmm....

1 hour ago, Classycal said:

The new dragons are really pretty, but where in the world will I sort the colorful ones with my altered rainbow sort?  Hmmm....

And they change colors, too! There are at least 3 different variants so far. It must depend on the time of day?

17 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

And they change colors, too!

they do what now? details, please? :D 

Someone posted in the news thread that they had changed colors -- and indeed they had! And now a second change. You can see them here:

I can't seem to get it to show the right post in that thread, but if you scroll to the top the OP has posted pictures of the 3 we have seen so far.

Edited by purplehaze

They are pretty.  I'll sort them with blues for sure.  

That is very cool! I think I like the first shading best but all three are lovely. Glad I snagged two more of the eggs.

Started another puzzle today. 1,000 pieces. Oddly, the sky was one of the first sections I finished (I usually do sky last).

38 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Started another puzzle today. 1,000 pieces. Oddly, the sky was one of the first sections I finished (I usually do sky last).

I've not done a real jigsaw puzzle in a long time. I do them online, but haven't done one more than 250 pieces. With the real ones nothing but 1000 pieces or more will do. XD The online ones don't tie up my table space. We used to do a lot of them as a family. My daughter has carried on a tradition of doing a really hard one every year in April in memory of my Mom, whose birthday was April 5.

Edited by purplehaze

You guys have inspired me to do a jigsaw puzzle.  But, well, the only problem is with me getting ready to move, I just don't have time.  But then with the Corona virus, I may not be moving as soon because none of the offices of the apartments I'm considering are open.  

Morning peeps.

Um. I've noticed that a lot more hair seems to be coming out when I brush these days. Think it's something to worry about? 

20 hours ago, Lagie said:

I miss her so much. HAPPY BIRTHDAY RUBYSHOES

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out yogurt and assorted fruits*

Hot and sunny. I've had a nice wee walk to the nearest corner store to get a paper, and I am dropping my laptop off at the computer place on my way to work tomorrow.

morning all... i'm in the office today.  i actually have work, but that's because it's 2 days worth of stuff XD

6 hours ago, Fortune86 said:

Um. I've noticed that a lot more hair seems to be coming out when I brush these days. Think it's something to worry about? 

It's possible it's just the normal aging process, but you should still check with your doctor, but, of course, I wouldn't try to go to the doctor right now what with the virus and all.  

53 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Hot and sunny. I've had a nice wee walk to the nearest corner store to get a paper, and I am dropping my laptop off at the computer place on my way to work tomorrow.

I'm glad that the computer place is open!