pinkgothic

The Release History Of Dragon Cave Spiral

I'm trying real hard for a cb pink sapph from the ap, only nabbing lineaged ones so far.

10 hours ago, Tini said:

I'm trying real hard for a cb pink sapph from the ap, only nabbing lineaged ones so far.

Good luck! ❤️

@Sethiss reports that she's managed to get four of her eight Cantormaris dragons to survive earthquake. Since they didn't hatch from Earthquake, she was able to influence them as two pairs. They hatch in less than four hours.

Edit: From the news thread, we have names for the variants: "the original Iris Florets, and the new Alstroemeria Florets".

Edited by pinkgothic

On 5/23/2021 at 4:03 PM, pinkgothic said:
  • Female (Warded) Cantormaris CB
  • Male (Earthquaked) Cantormaris CB

BTW, this is exactly the wrong way around, and I apologise. I was going by the screenshot shared with me here. I don't know why that screenshot shows the Tutela Cantormaris dragons sorting between the Motus and Iratus Cantormaris dragons, when T is not between M and I. I'm sorry.

In other news, my remaining unhatched CB Market Sapphire is at 3d 16h at this point and would float to the top of the AP. I will try to organise some catching with rehchoortahn later today, but if someone else wants the thrill of that mad clicking, lemme know!

Heads-up, rehchoortahn and I were not able to AP-trade the CB sapphire. Looks like the user @RyeRunner caught it instead; maybe we can reach out to them to get them on board with the project. If not, oh well. :)

Edit: I've sent a PM.

Edited by pinkgothic

I'll be trying a few different rare-ish things to try and trade for a pink sapph, will let you know if I'm successful. 

11 minutes ago, Tini said:

I'll be trying a few different rare-ish things to try and trade for a pink sapph, will let you know if I'm successful. 

I should be able to breed my shimmer tomorrow, maybe that'll give me something interesting to work with, and try the same.

Minor heads-up, rehchoortahn traded the pair of Rose Alstroemeria Florets to me, as the only ones that could be transferred, purely for convenience (since I have a forum account, and getting him roped into the project is always one level of indirection). So those are on my scroll now. ^_^ Not that it matters, those are the critters we have in abundance, after all!

Whelp the ap is out of the 21st and I didn't manage a cb pink sapph. I'll keep trying with trades though.

15 hours ago, Tini said:

Whelp the ap is out of the 21st and I didn't manage a cb pink sapph. I'll keep trying with trades though.

Thanks so much for trying! My shimmer gave me no egg, so I'm out of the game.

For what it's worth, I wrote hazeh about our project, maybe she can work some magic. (She was offering to help with CB Pink Sapphires in the News thread.) No expectations, obviously, but who knows?

Edit: Also, my rate of interesting Gemshards is basically terrible. Still waiting on one egg to hatch (will report tomorrow), but for the rest I've got three Azure Gemshards, one Ruby Gemshard, one Jade Gemshard, and one Cyan Gemshard. So only one of mine turned into a new variant, and it's sadly not the one we were hoping to get. XD

Edited by pinkgothic

13 hours ago, pinkgothic said:

Edit: Also, my rate of interesting Gemshards is basically terrible. Still waiting on one egg to hatch (will report tomorrow), but for the rest I've got three Azure Gemshards, one Ruby Gemshard, one Jade Gemshard, and one Cyan Gemshard. So only one of mine turned into a new variant, and it's sadly not the one we were hoping to get. XD

I got one CB Purple Gemshard! It's male.

Edit: Also, I grabbed a pair of Violet Alstroemerias from the Market, though I fear those might just be a glitch. Oh well. YOLO.

Edited by pinkgothic

Hooray! :D

They should drop naturally tomorrow, yes?

Amethursday

I have a CB male pink Sapphire stolen on the 21st. I’d be happy to breed it to help with this project, since I know they’re tricky to come by :)

10 hours ago, Pixxelation said:

I have a CB male pink Sapphire stolen on the 21st. I’d be happy to breed it to help with this project, since I know they’re tricky to come by :)

Oh wow! Thank you so much. ❤️ I've noted you down!

@hazeh also found a male CB Pink Sapphire. Gonna have to figure out where it'll go (don't want to be greedy, obviously), might just go to someone who needs it and we can be in touch with them as well.

(The CB Sapphire that I didn't managed to AP-trade with rehchoortahn has gendered female. I hadn't heard back from RyeRunner, but I will let them know to disregard my previous message, if they ever get around to reading the PM thread. :))

Edit: hazeh was a complete angel and sent me the male Pink Sapphire, so we've got two for the project! Since I will definitely 100%ly always be available for this project unless I die or lose internet, and presumably Pixxelation is also a good bet for long term retention XD the chance we'll still have one of these when we get around to that part in the time line is now really good.

(Edit II: On amused reflection, I feel like the quest for a Pink Sapphire easily beats our metallic boss battles on levels of nerve-wracking.)

Meanwhile, as we speculated (and some of us already know from the News thread, e.g. I see Ruby Eyes was involved in discussion there) the Violet Alstroemerias in the Market were indeed glitches. Sadly, instead of being refunded, they have been turned into Rose Alstroemerias, which I have no use for and, since they are from the Market, cannot gift to someone who would like to have them. v_v Unless someone tells me not to, I will abandon them sometime in the coming days. Actually, I didn't put them into hatcheries yet, so they're low on views - they'll pop up in the AP regardless. Tossed! Someone will be happy, I'm sure. :D

Edited by pinkgothic

rehchoortahn's Market Gemshards have hatched, sadly with zero purples. Three oranges, though! (Two females, one male.) They're off by a day, but maybe it's the best we have? Does anyone have CB Orange Gemshards with a catch-date of 2021-05-22?

5 hours ago, pinkgothic said:

Edit: hazeh was a complete angel and sent me the male Pink Sapphire, so we've got two for the project! Since I will definitely 100%ly always be available for this project unless I die or lose internet, and presumably Pixxelation is also a good bet for long term retention XD the chance we'll still have one of these when we get around to that part in the time line is now really good.

(Edit II: On amused reflection, I feel like the quest for a Pink Sapphire easily beats our metallic boss battles on levels of nerve-wracking.)

Pix is good, I will vouch for them. If needed to get in contact with them dm me and I will give them a nudge on discord. 

I had actually read what had happened to you in the bad luck thread and I went on discord and offered a cb gold to whoever can help you out with this project. Pix was the one who graciously and kindly took that offer. For the gem shards, I will try to see if I can get a bite for y'all on that when I catch another cb metal. 

5 hours ago, Paradisiske said:

Pix is good, I will vouch for them. If needed to get in contact with them dm me and I will give them a nudge on discord. 

I had actually read what had happened to you in the bad luck thread and I went on discord and offered a cb gold to whoever can help you out with this project. Pix was the one who graciously and kindly took that offer. For the gem shards, I will try to see if I can get a bite for y'all on that when I catch another cb metal. 

Oh wow, thank you so much for your help! Just to briefly clarify and apologise for giving the wrong impression, I wasn't trying to crit Pixxelation at all. Quite the contrary! I figure spriters are bound to stay with the site for a very long time (certainly when compared to the rest of us, anyway!), hence the amused comment and smiley. I guess tone doesn't carry so well online, even with smileys! ^_^ Sorry about that. ❤️

You should absolutely let me breed you a 2G shimmerscale at the very least for your kind efforts, though. ❤️ Hit me up in PM?

On 5/26/2021 at 12:49 PM, Ruby Eyes said:

They should drop naturally tomorrow, yes?

Amethursday

I spent another 100 shards to buy a gemshard from the Market. Will influence it female to match the male I've already got!

13 minutes ago, EragonSaphiraRider said:

Finally got a Pargalus Pygmy egg on my scroll from my pair. Now to see what colour comes out. 

Great news! Here's hoping RNG continues to be favourable. :D

@TCA - are you still egg-locked from the release, or could you give (HyDUE) x (FPUb) another shot, try and wrangle a red out of them? :)

Edited by pinkgothic

Still egglocked from the release, I can try them after the egg I'm ERing hatches.

Edit: No interest this time!

Edited by TCA

16 hours ago, pinkgothic said:

Oh wow, thank you so much for your help! Just to briefly clarify and apologise for giving the wrong impression, I wasn't trying to crit Pixxelation at all. Quite the contrary! I figure spriters are bound to stay with the site for a very long time (certainly when compared to the rest of us, anyway!), hence the amused comment and smiley. I guess tone doesn't carry so well online, even with smileys! ^_^ Sorry about that. ❤️

You should absolutely let me breed you a 2G shimmerscale at the very least for your kind efforts, though. ❤️ Hit me up in PM?

Nah no need to pay me back. And oops yeah text is easy to misunderstand. 

I don't expect either of these trades to actually get a bite, so if any of y'all want either of these, offer a dummy and I'll accept at next opportunity:

CB all-lowercase (pronounceable!) Motus Cantormaris: https://dragcave.net/teleport/ddd283a29b438884cbf3c43cd02c54ad Gone to @EragonSaphiraRider

CB chrono and CB magma: https://dragcave.net/teleport/bc7dc11dfcac32aeaa0bade8de94af64

Edited by pinkgothic

On 5/28/2021 at 8:59 AM, pinkgothic said:

Great news! Here's hoping RNG continues to be favourable. :D

I don’t think this is what we wanted from RNG! It went blue! 

41 minutes ago, pinkgothic said:

I don't expect either of these trades to actually get a bite, so if any of y'all want either of these, offer a dummy and I'll accept at next opportunity:

CB all-lowercase (pronounceable!) Motus Cantormaris: https://dragcave.net/teleport/ddd283a29b438884cbf3c43cd02c54ad

CB chrono and CB magma: https://dragcave.net/teleport/bc7dc11dfcac32aeaa0bade8de94af64

I took a dummy egg at the first one. Erosaf is my scroll - used to be EragonSaphiraRider 

On 5/30/2021 at 5:06 AM, EragonSaphiraRider said:

I don’t think this is what we wanted from RNG! It went blue!

Alas, that's indeed not the colour we need! Thanks for the update. ❤️

So, I seem to have made a personal mistake - first time in a very long time. I distinctly remember influencing the purple gemshard I bought on the 27th female, but there is nothing about that in the action log, and the creature did in fact turn out male, so I have two male purple Gemshards now, gak. Since I'm really convinced I influenced it, I can only assume I instead dreamt this and committed it to memory - which is not unlikely! I've definitely been having Dragon Cave dreams. >_<

Super sorry about that. x_x;

Just got another cb gold. I will see if I can get any bites for the cb orange gemshard from 5/21 or 5/22.