pinkgothic

The Release History Of Dragon Cave Spiral

Sure, I'll send it over, and I'll try them again next week.

Do we know anything about the canonical names of the colours of the Magnesium Amphipteres? My local notes have them as "polished" (Desert) and "tarnished" (Volcano), but that's not canonical (well, unless by coincidence it is, I guess, but I doubt it).

29 minutes ago, pinkgothic said:

Do we know anything about the canonical names of the colours of the Magnesium Amphipteres? My local notes have them as "polished" (Desert) and "tarnished" (Volcano), but that's not canonical (well, unless by coincidence it is, I guess, but I doubt it).

Not that I know of. Maybe @Mewtie will tell us?

Also, I'd like to offer one of my Magnesiums. It'd have to be the male though. I need my CB females. 

Do we know how these guys breed yet?

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Shokomon said:

Also, I'd like to offer one of my Magnesiums. It'd have to be the male though. I need my CB females. 

❤️ Noted you down! I'm planning to breed my end-of-line Jester to a CB female soon, in which case I can toss you (or Iridescence444) the baby, since you've not been in any of the lines yet. You're good for males of both colours from the release date?

1 hour ago, Shokomon said:

Do we know how these guys breed yet?

I could swear someone in the release thread said something about having bred an egg and where it ended up sorting, but ctrl+f through the last couple of pages is failing me, so I probably dreamt it. In any case, sample size of one, I don't think that's super much of a statement even if I didn't dream it up. Shokomon found it!

I don't have any other data yet, alas! Anyone else?

Edited by pinkgothic

2 minutes ago, pinkgothic said:

❤️ Noted you down! I'm planning to breed my end-of-line Jester to a CB female soon, in which case I can toss you (or Iridescence444) the baby, since you've not been in any of the lines yet. You're good for males of both colours from the release date?

I could swear someone in the release thread said something about having bred an egg and where it ended up sorting, but ctrl+f through the last couple of pages is failing me, so I probably dreamt it. In any case, sample size of one, I don't think that's super much of a statement even if I didn't dream it up. I don't have any other data yet, alas! Anyone else?

Unfortunately only one of my dragons qualify (link). The other hatched female. 

Alphabetically, both "Desert" and "polished" come before "Volcano" and "tarnished", respectively, so I decided to just go ahead and breed a baby, because YOLO. I'll keep it on my scroll until there's either some clarity about canonical colour names ❤️ or it's hatched, at which point I'll make a decision as to whether my pair is the proper continuation of the line, or I want to pass that to someone else. ^_^

I saw them as "golden" or "silvery" which kind of makes them sort the same :lol: g < s

Even "brown" and "gray" would work that way. b < g

Or "desert" and "volcano". d < v

Or even 2 and 6 which are the biomes' numeric representations ...

On 5/2/2021 at 3:27 PM, Ruby Eyes said:

I saw them as "golden" or "silvery" which kind of makes them sort the same :lol: g < s

Even "brown" and "gray" would work that way. b < g

Or "desert" and "volcano". d < v

Or even 2 and 6 which are the biomes' numeric representations ...

Apparently they're just called by their biomes, so we're good! @Serotina, I see you have a male release day desert variant, want me to send you the hatchling tomorrow? :D

Welp I mis-influenced my release-day Magnesium Volcano hatchies and they both turned male - guess I have an extra for this project if ever we need one ^^

Just now, Screech said:

Welp I mis-influenced my release-day Magnesium Volcano hatchies and they both turned male - guess I have an extra for this project if ever we need one ^^

👍 Thanks for the heads-up, either way! I've added you to the document. :D

Posted (edited)

22 hours ago, pinkgothic said:

Apparently they're just called by their biomes, so we're good! @Serotina, I see you have a male release day desert variant, want me to send you the hatchling tomorrow? :D

That'd be great! Thanks :) 

Who am I passing the offspring on again after?

Edited by Serotina

3 minutes ago, Serotina said:

That'd be great! Thanks :) 

Am I passing the offspring on again after?

Yes! Please chat up @Iridescence444 for the next step, who has a CB female Volcano Magnesium Amphiptere and wasn't involved in the project so far. (After that, the last pair goes to @Shokomon, who is also new to the project. ❤️)

Hey, I just found this thread today and saw that you guys decided not to do include Pumpkins for the pygmy spiral. I see that you guys're almost done w/ the pygmy spiral (according to the gdoc), but would you all be interested in CB release Pumpkins in the spiral? I have a m/f pair I'd be willing to breed in, whichever's needed, though I'd understand if that's just...a lot of work to re-do/re-coordinate. I've already spoken to pinkgothic about it and they said to bring it to you all, so thoughts?

The Pygmy line is short enough - let's breed another one :D

I'd be happy to see Pumpkins included. It sounds like fun.

Sweet! Glad the response is positive. Let's do this thing! :D Though, since surevesta doesn't seem to be around any more, we'll need different initial dragons, which means figuring out some Common Pygmies. As with the main line, I'm honestly happy with Common Pygmies from any date, but of course stoked if someone has a pair from 2009 lying around. So! What're your oldest pygmies?

Mine are a female from 2009-07-26 and a male from 2009-08-05, though the male's name has been worked into its offspring, which is a bit awkward - but the only one of the named-alike offspring I don't personally own is a frozen pumpkin hatchling, so I could just go on a renaming spree. (That said, the line those names flow through is a bit special and a rename might be very obvious.) The first male Common Pygmy without offspring is this boy from 2011-06-23, for what it's worth. But I'm totally willing to breed the ones I linked in the first sentence of this paragraph if those are the best dates we can get!

Anyone with a better set? :D

Thanks, folks. I hope I'll have the heart to add those to the document soon (I managed to force myself to scribble things in! This is no longer an open to do.) (if you'd like to have edit rights and beat me to it, let me know). The recent news affects a lot of sprites I hold dear and I am presently fighting the urge to leave the game (I get livid at best of times when people conflate art and artist). I have yet to work up the courage to look at what happened to my favourite Christmas sprites, Winter Magis, as well as what happened to the spriter's alt.

Sorry, very shaken up right now, for so, so many reasons. I can't put into words how wrong I find this move (even having been aware of the problems with the artist for years, and not condoning that), socially, politically, or personally due to it affecting many of my absolutely favourite sprites. I don't expect anyone to agree with me about this, don't get me wrong. I'm just letting you know this has hit me very hard and where it hurts, on multiple axes, and I'm going to need a few days to recover.

Edited by pinkgothic

Since I don't want to be remiss in my responsibilities to this project, as a heads-up from my IRC hangout, we have some release-date dragons for the line:

Two-Headed Spiral:

• Ciriax Lindwyrms, pair, the blue variant (Sethiss)
  • Ciriax Lindwyrm, pair, the green variant (pinkgothic)

Drake Spiral:

• Moonglow Drake, single, influenced male to pair with (dGZCp) (pinkgothic)
  • Sunbeam Drake, single, influenced female (pinkgothic)

Main Dragon Spiral:

• Serrati Wyverns, pair (Sethiss)
  • Tideweaver Dragon, pair (Sethiss)
  • Electric Dragons, pair (rehchoortahn)
  • CB White and CB Daydream Dragon for the Sophrosyne Dragon (pinkgothic)

Pygmy Spiral:

• Seawyrm Pygmies, pair (rehchoortahn)
  • Mistlet Pygmies, pair (rehchoortahn)

I deliberately picked the stuff where I actually need to figure out the genders, since that way I don't need to figure it out right now. I promise I'll work on it. The Drakes are easy, just a quick look-up (and done), the other thing needs a smol amount of work (also done, see canonical document if it interests you).

Also, these are still 'missing', if anyone wants to fill in:

• Ciriax Lindwyrms, the green variant (a male and female) - doesn't seem to exist in the Market, sadly! Would need to actually be caught. We managed this!
  • If anyone doesn't have Winter Magis yet and wants to catch one from the cave this holiday season, go ahead, but I obviously don't expect this.

(Also, I obviously welcome anyone who wants to also grab one of the aforementioned critters, the more the merrier.)

Edited by pinkgothic

...whoops, couldn't say no to this (if fogged: it's a CB gold), so... I'm locked now. rehchoortahn still had one egg slot and took a CB red Dorsal I was raising to hatchlinghood for him off me, so I'm back in the game.

Edit: SUCCESS. ❤️

Edit II: Heads-up, I've fogged all of my acquisitions, but intend to unfog them tomorrow.

Edited by pinkgothic