pinkgothic

The Release History Of Dragon Cave Spiral

Spent the day cave hunting and don't have very much to show for it.  CB White thPMn, CB Daydream XreBV, CB Seawyrm TFgxB  Back up dragons if needed, let me know if there is a preference on gender.  Only saw a single Cirinix and moonglow drake in forest and missed both of them.  Passed on the 2nd Seawyrm I saw as at the time I still had misclicks to dump and didn't want to egg lock while waiting out the timer.  Thankfully it looks like the bases are covered.  I understand the reason behind this sprite change but it still stings,  got some scroll shuffling to do, the cirinix no longer rate in the favorite section.  And glad I haven't done much lineage work since the silvers turned chrome, it would have hurt more with today's update. :(

5 hours ago, Dracaena said:

CB White thPMn, CB Daydream XreBV, CB Seawyrm TFgxB  Back up dragons if needed, let me know if there is a preference on gender.

No pref on the Seawyrm, mild pref on male for Daydream and female for White, but it's up to you. ❤️ Thanks for catching some!

As a heads-up to all, I've got this thread subscribed and will see updates to it. I'll react when necessary, but it'll be until next weekend, probably, before I'm a little more active again. Sorry about this! For what it's worth, my current preference for Pygmy Spiral v2 is Screech to form a starter pair (with dates 2009-07-16 + 2009-08-03); as usual, if anyone has "better" timing, let us know.

Hey guys, which color am I trying to get from my Magnesiums? I'm having difficulty figuring out if it should be the same color or the other one 

I've got an egg but like, unsure if they're sorting right or a fail 😕

8 hours ago, Serotina said:

Hey guys, which color am I trying to get from my Magnesiums? I'm having difficulty figuring out if it should be the same color or the other one 

I've got an egg but like, unsure if they're sorting right or a fail 😕

Same colour! Although we don't yet know if we can influence it. They might be like the Two-Headed Lindwurms in that they roll a random colour per pair and then the pair forever produces that colour. If this isn't the right colour, I super want it, though, I see it has an all-lowercase code. :P

On 5/9/2021 at 12:48 PM, pinkgothic said:

I've got this thread subscribed and will see updates to it. I'll react when necessary, but it'll be until next weekend, probably, before I'm a little more active again. Sorry about this!

It is now this weekend. I am considerably calmer. Thank you for bearing with me!

That said, I have some news of... ambiguous value for you all. I have decided to take my leave of Dragon Cave. [Edit: Thank you, @purplehaze❤️] Thirteen years is a good run - Dragon Cave has been with me about a third of my entire life so far, which is a lot! However, I also strongly feel and acknowledge that I have a responsibility to maintain this breeding project, and I have no intention of abandoning it based on my personal whim. So you will continue seeing me here and I will absolutely do my part to breed for it.

I would be deeply grateful if someone else wanted to take over organising the project, but I will continue doing so until someone does, as long as I have to.

With that out of the way with:

@Screech has the oldest pair of Common Pygmies so far; since this is the search for a starter pair, we can't split the search for Common Pygmies across scrolls, as both adults need to be on the same scroll. If you're all okay with it, I'd say Screech can go ahead and make a starter pair with their Pygmies (possibly called something like "The Release History of" x "Dragon Cave Pygmy Dragons"), and pass the offspring to @myahoo for breeding with her Pumpkins.

❤️ Any objections? (If there are none until tomorrow, I'd say go ahead, Screech!)

Edited by pinkgothic

On 5/8/2021 at 11:05 AM, pinkgothic said:

Thanks, folks. I hope I'll have the heart to add those to the document soon (I managed to force myself to scribble things in! This is no longer an open to do.) (if you'd like to have edit rights and beat me to it, let me know). The recent news affects a lot of sprites I hold dear and I am presently fighting the urge to leave the game (I get livid at best of times when people conflate art and artist). I have yet to work up the courage to look at what happened to my favourite Christmas sprites, Winter Magis, as well as what happened to the spriter's alt.

Sorry, very shaken up right now, for so, so many reasons. I can't put into words how wrong I find this move (even having been aware of the problems with the artist for years, and not condoning that), socially, politically, or personally due to it affecting many of my absolutely favourite sprites. I don't expect anyone to agree with me about this, don't get me wrong. I'm just letting you know this has hit me very hard and where it hurts, on multiple axes, and I'm going to need a few days to recover.

I agree with this sentiment (minus the not condoning as I have not been aware of the artist, and the game staff have certainly not helped with that. (And of course the experience with lines)). Any act of unpersoning such as the one that occurred with the rework rubs me all the wrong ways and I disagree with it on pretty much all levels. The icing on the cake was their utter opacity with the entire thing. Because of this, my participation in this project will be the last thing I do on this site. Thank you for this opportunity, it’s been a good year!

Standing by to breed the pygmies ^^ I'll make sure to use Fertility right away on them, so as not to forget when/if the time comes.

Edited by Screech

On 5/15/2021 at 1:19 PM, pinkgothic said:

That said, I have some news of... ambiguous value for you all. I have decided to take my leave of Dragon Cave.

Very sorry to hear this. You will be missed. You have contributed a great deal over the years.

I've been away all weekend so I need to sit on the idea for a bit, but I think I'd be interested in taking it over.

13 hours ago, Tini said:

I've been away all weekend so I need to sit on the idea for a bit, but I think I'd be interested in taking it over.

There's no rush deciding it. I'll keep running this thread as long as necessary. ❤️ If you'd like to take over (or even just help out), message me with your email address (a Google account makes things easiest) and I'll give you edit access to the document.

22 hours ago, pinkgothic said:

Drake Spiral fail:

https://dragcave.net/lineage/q3QhU

Anyone want it?

FYI, this is still here.

Thank you!

That said, I just realized that I'm prolly supposed to hang on until Halloween before I send off the next one, huh? XD

Any preference for which gender Pumpkin? I hope it's okay that I don't plan to change their names...

3 hours ago, myahoo said:

That said, I just realized that I'm prolly supposed to hang on until Halloween before I send off the next one, huh? XD

Not necessarily! We could just continue with the Common Pygmies in the "spine" of the Spiral. That's how event dragons will be handled in the main line, anyway (since otherwise it's impossible to ever catch up with the current releases, even in theory - but we don't have the restriction in the Pygmy line, since there's only ever been one event dragon, so it might be worthwhile!).

Any preference for which gender Pumpkin?

If we want the pattern of the pygmies to be as they were in v1, a male pumpkin would be the right one to use! (See the start of the line for reference - "Tinie Aeza" basically would've been a Pumpkin if we hadn't decided to go with Thuweds in the base.)

I hope it's okay that I don't plan to change their names...

As long as no one else makes us a better offer, that's always okay. ;) Like it says in the first post:

On 1/6/2019 at 11:57 PM, pinkgothic said:

Except for the initial CBs (which will be called The Release History and Of Dragon Cave in the main line), dragons should be named with some piece of trivia relating to the release they represent.
For example, you might name a pair something like Black Dragons Were x Amongst The FirstHowever, since we're predominantly using pre-existing CB dragons in this project, this is not a hard rule (just a very nice to have). I don't want anyone feeling like they can only contribute their rare dragon if they rename it. In that case, it's entirely sufficient to name the dragon's mate (the previous pair's spiral offspring) something trivia-like.

The "However," part is basically what you're looking for. ❤️

22 hours ago, EragonSaphiraRider said:

Still working on the Pargalus. After two accidental autoabandons, I get " No egg" this week!

Thanks for the update, and for keeping on trying!

1 hour ago, Serotina said:

@pinkgothic I'd take the spiral fail if they're still around.

Totes still there. It's in your PM inbox. ❤️

Edited by pinkgothic

26 minutes ago, pinkgothic said:

Not necessarily! We could just continue with the Common Pygmies in the "spine" of the Spiral. That's how event dragons will be handled in the main line, anyway (since otherwise it's impossible to ever catch up with the current releases, even in theory - but we don't have the restriction in the Pygmy line, since there's only ever been one event dragon, so it might be worthwhile!).

I'm fine with waiting until Halloween if you guys are. Since this is the second go for pygmies and all.

26 minutes ago, pinkgothic said:

If we want the pattern of the pygmies to be as they were in v1, a male pumpkin would be the right one to use! (See the start of the line for reference - "Tinie Aeza" basically would've been a Pumpkin if we hadn't decided to go with Thuweds in the base.)

As long as no one else makes us a better offer, that's always okay. ;) Like it says in the first post:

The "However," part is basically what you're looking for. ❤️

Gotcha! I'll...figure out/ask around for trivia when the common pygmy hatches then XD

Heads-up, I have caught four new biome Florets. Let me know once we know the mechanic for getting the others; so far consensus seems to be that the CBs can only ever be that colour, so I might toss a pair to make room for market Cantormaris dragons, or a pair of Coppers if it turns out whatever the trick is can be done with market Coppers.

I've also market-bought a pair of Nilias (already verified that Fertility on both parents gives the alt - IDK if one parent is sufficient) and Sapphires. For the Sapphires, if anyone knows more about the mechanic, I am all ears.

1 hour ago, pinkgothic said:

Heads-up, I have caught four new biome Florets. Let me know once we know the mechanic for getting the others; so far consensus seems to be that the CBs can only ever be that colour, so I might toss a pair to make room for market Cantormaris dragons, or a pair of Coppers if it turns out whatever the trick is can be done with market Coppers.

I've also market-bought a pair of Nilias (already verified that Fertility on both parents gives the alt - IDK if one parent is sufficient) and Sapphires. For the Sapphires, if anyone knows more about the mechanic, I am all ears.

Yellow sapphs i'm banking on 800uvs because i've found a dozen in allure and the only commonality is the 800+ uv, currently watching a blue hatchie just shy of 800 to see if it turns. the pinks are abandoned, purposefully not autoed. 

Yellow sapph update: it didn't turn at 800uvs, but not long after. Some ratio must be at work.

Once things other than florets appear i'll be trying real hard for cantors and electrics and maybe sapphs, but i'll be running low on slots lol.

Edited by Tini

4 hours ago, FarawayCreatures said:

I was under the impression the Floret egg needs to be sick to turn? Idk if it's been tested, just an idea.

Unlikely. One of the spriters has confirmed that one of the Floret colours is not obtainable quite yet, which means it cannot be something done to an egg. My guess is that the other 3 colours are breed-only alts.

If you mean the Sapphires instead, someone has observed that sickness doesn't turn them yellow - seems to be just stats per se. The other colour is from deliberately abandoning them, NOT from auto-abandons.

I got 2 Cantors from the Market and warded them for white, so those would be available for the spiral some day in the distant future.

32 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

The other colour is from deliberately abandoning them

...yuck. 😧 I'm totally willing to abandon one of my market Sapphires, though, anyone here want to try catching it? Would be https://dragcave.net/view/qeWzY

2 hours ago, pinkgothic said:

...yuck. 😧 I'm totally willing to abandon one of my market Sapphires, though, anyone here want to try catching it? Would be https://dragcave.net/view/qeWzY

Actually, a thought - if someone is willing to come to my IRC channel in three days or so (so it stays influencable), we could indeed try the old trading variant live in the AP. Anyone willing?

I dumped two of my new Jungle Florets. Thinking of buying Florets from the store, in case the gold and violet variants are needed for the possibly-only-hybrids? Does anyone know more about the breeding patterns?

Alternatively I could buy two Cantormaris eggs and EQ them after the other eggs hatch.

Opinions?

Edit: My girlfriend, Sethiss, is overwhelmed by the release and not wanting to engage with it for a while, so she's going to load up on Cantormaris eggs from the Market, and screw with them in a couple of days. Some of those might survive, which would be great for us.

Edited by pinkgothic

Shuffled some Florets to rehchoortahn whom I'm in a video call with, will use my egg slots for other things shortly. I unfortunately need to go to bed in less than an hour because I get up super early tomorrow, so I'm going to just improvise my way through the four slots I've got: I will grab two Electric Dragons and a CB Royal Blue and a CB Royal Crimson.

Current status, to best of my knowledge (for the "gender unknowns" I will let you know more on Sunday!):

• CB Sapphire, the lots of attention variant @ pinkgothic
  • CB Sapphire, the abandon variant @ whoever AP trades with pinkgothic (rehchoortahn or Sethiss by default, since I IRC with them)
  • CB Copper, used for lightning alt, male @ no one yet
  • CB Copper, used for lightning alt, female @ no one yet
  • CB Royal Blue, used for new hybrid, gender unknown @ pinkgothic
  • CB Royal Crimson, used for new hybrid, gender unknown @ pinkgothic
  • CB Electric Dragon, used for new BSA alt, male @ pinkgothic
  • CB Electric Dragon, used for new BSA alt, female @ pinkgothic
  • CB Gemshard, cyan-coloured, male @ no one yet (*)
  • CB Gemshard, cyan-coloured, female @ no one yet (*)
  • CB Gemshard, purple-coloured, male @ no one yet (*)
  • CB Gemshard, purple-coloured, female @ no one yet (*)
  • CB Gemshard, orange-coloured, male @ no one yet (*)
  • CB Gemshard, orange-coloured, female @ no one yet (*)
  • CB Cantormaris, warded, gender unknown @ Ruby Eyes (both genders covered, though)
  • CB Cantormaris, earthquaked, gender unknown @ Sethiss (likely both genders covered, depends on survival rate)
  • CB Nilia Pygmy, female @ pinkgothic
  • CB Nilia Pygmy, male @ pinkgothic
  • CB Floret, Jungle biome variant, female @ rehchoortahn
  • CB Floret, Jungle biome variant, male @ rehchoortahn
  • CB Floret, Forest biome variant for one of the alts (maybe? IDK, better safe than sorry?), female @ rehchoortahn
  • CB Floret, Forest biome variant for one of the alts (maybe? IDK, better safe than sorry?), male @ rehchoortahn
  • CB Floret, Alpine biome variant for one of the alts (maybe? IDK, better safe than sorry?), female @ rehchoortahn
  • CB Floret, Alpine biome variant for one of the alts (maybe? IDK, better safe than sorry?), male @ rehchoortahn
  • CB Floret, Jungle biome variant for one of the alts (presumably), female @ no one yet
  • CB Floret, Jungle biome variant for one of the alts (presumably), male @ no one yet

* rehchoortahn has 1 Market Gemshard egg in case it hatches into anything interesting, though.

Note that I would be pretty shocked if someone actually grabbed CB coppers today, though, given how much they cost. But, well, listed them for completion's sake!

Edited by pinkgothic

2 hours ago, pinkgothic said:

CB Floret, Jungle biome variant for one of the alts (presumably), female @ no one yet

Not sure what this is for, but I got a pair of Jungle Florets, too.