pinkgothic

The Release History Of Dragon Cave Spiral

Whoops, I only just noticed my Floret mock-up confused the Rose/Pink/Peach Alstroemeria sprites with the Gold Astroemeria sprites. I hope my point got across regardless.

The biggest issue actually seems to be getting a Rose/Pink/Peach out of a pair where neither parent ist Rose/Pink/Peach (in the previous mock-up that was the fourth-to-last step, but using the proper colours would be the second-to-last step). It does seem to be possible - there's an entry in the breeding sheet from the thread purplehaze posted in that says someone did a Floret Alstro (Gold) x Floret Iris (Purple) combo and got a Floret Alstro (Pink). That's not an Iris Rose/Pink/Peach, but it's a sign that Pinks can come from non-Pink parents.

13 hours ago, Tini said:

i got an egg that sorts with the deserts, I think that's correct, will pass it on

Desert is right, yes! Thank you!

13 hours ago, EragonSaphiraRider said:

Pargalus pair gave an egg. Fingers crossed for a red! I've influenced it male regardless

Thanks! You can just shuffle it over to me, though, it's not like I'm doing much with my scroll. :)

Another Red from pair #2 in the Silver boss battle. :( I hope you have better luck with the one you got, @pinkgothic. But I shall soldier on!

I haven't been following the thread attentively and missed something, I guess. Why are we doing Silver boss battle again?

1 minute ago, painless_j said:

I haven't been following the thread attentively and missed something, I guess. Why are we doing Silver boss battle again?

'cause the sprites of The Fog and after The Fog are super different, enough to warrant the spiral acknowledging the sprite change. ^_^

On 8/3/2021 at 4:00 AM, pinkgothic said:

Not yet! Next step. :) Volcano Female is up right now. Here's a link to the spiral at the moment.

So I was popping in to say no response from Iridescence and ask who it goes to next, but if I'm looking at the doc right I have the only other cb volc female? So I guess I'll edit the tp for iridescence if they pop back up and keep it otherwise. (Already influ-hatched it)

8 hours ago, Tini said:

So I was popping in to say no response from Iridescence and ask who it goes to next, but if I'm looking at the doc right I have the only other cb volc female? So I guess I'll edit the tp for iridescence if they pop back up and keep it otherwise. (Already influ-hatched it)

Yep, you're right! Thanks for staying on the ball. ❤️

36 minutes ago, EragonSaphiraRider said:

Pargalus hatched Green ... dang it!

Aw! Thanks for the update, though.

Meanwhile, I bred my first egg from my Silver x Red pair. It is obviously a Red. If anyone wants it, let me know.

On 7/31/2021 at 8:05 PM, pinkgothic said:

That sounds like the progression in the mock-up should be possible, then! Thank you very much for the help.

That said, I'll see if I can test-breed this in the coming... months, realistically, given the amount of possible variation. XD Just eliminate any doubt. I do have the CBs to simulate this, might as well, given I'm usually not doing anything interesting with my scroll.

Took me a while, but I found proof of concept (magenta iris with purple and magenta iris parents): 60GeY

15 hours ago, Fyrebird said:

Took me a while, but I found proof of concept (magenta iris with purple and magenta iris parents): 60GeY

Thanks a lot for the link! I'd been going through the spreadsheet from the thread and found various mentions of this, but it's always good to see it "live". The bigger question has turned out to be whether the respective third colour can be gotten from a mixed-colour parent (specifically, whether we could get peach/rose/magenta iris from a gold alstroemeria x violet/purple iris pair). See post here; it looks like it's possible in principle, but the data there is pretty thin. That said, I'm working on simulating it with some florets, see if I can generate something like that. ❤️

3 hours ago, purplehaze said:

Red egg #6 from this pair. :rolleyes:

On its way to the AP!

Thanks for the update! I'm about to hatch mine and slap it onto the DC Community Notice Board.

Edited by pinkgothic

3 hours ago, pinkgothic said:

The bigger question has turned out to be whether the respective third colour can be gotten from a mixed-colour parent (specifically, whether we could get peach/rose/magenta iris from a gold alstroemeria x violet/purple iris pair). See post here;

I'll continue haunting the hatcheries then, and see if I can find one. If not, I've got non-cb irises of both colors growing now that I can try crossing with my own bronze/lilac alstros in a week or so. My (very few) cbs are basically on constant cooldown LOL.

@pinkgothic, there's a fundamental problem with your chart, four steps before the one you mentioned: It has a (pennybright?) copper mating with a cb bronze alstro floret. Bronze alstros do not have a CB version. I'm not really familiar with this project other than what I can extrapolate from the name, but... do you kill off parents of hybrids to have faux-cbs for the project? Or was that a mistake in the chart and the early ones were meant to be peach alstros, which DO have a CB?

Edit: plus, peach alstros were technically released first, even though they were in the same official release, since the peach alstros had to grow up to breed to create the lilac/bronze/magenta ones.

Edit again: don't know if this matches the goals/rules of the project, but here is a chart I whipped up that corrects the problem of cb bronzes:

Spoiler

137993081_newhistchart.png.2b2b650f50997f2ead954066d5c28982.png

This version goes back as far as yours, but I had to reduce the scale to fit it all on my screen.

Spoiler

493262334_histchartnew-full.png.1b4e1aba853e43c24d6b4a5b75fbad6d.png

Edited by Fyrebird

On 8/8/2021 at 7:56 PM, Fyrebird said:

Bronze alstros do not have a CB version

Yes, I said this in the post I linked. (Also, thanks a bunch for fixing the visual mock-up to match my intent! Really appreciate it!)

(Edit: Sorry for the delay, by the way! I subscribe to this thread, but I don't get notifications for edits, so I only just saw your expanded post.)

Edited by pinkgothic

Tried my drake pair again.  This time I got a sabertooth egg which I don't think is what we needed. y6o23  Anyone want it?

Just now, Dracaena said:

Tried my drake pair again.  This time I got a sabertooth egg which I don't think is what we needed. y6o23  Anyone want it?

Thanks for giving it a shot! To confirm, it's indeed not what we need.

Since I'm not collecting dragons any more, I don't want to take the baby off you to keep it, but if you like, I can hold onto it and either pass it on to someone else, or yeet it later, give you that scroll space back early. :D

4 hours ago, pinkgothic said:

Thanks for giving it a shot! To confirm, it's indeed not what we need.

Since I'm not collecting dragons any more, I don't want to take the baby off you to keep it, but if you like, I can hold onto it and either pass it on to someone else, or yeet it later, give you that scroll space back early. :D

Thanks for the offer of holding but I'm not stressed for space.  Egg is available for anyone.  If it's still on my scroll at hatching time I'll send it off on community notice board.

On 8/12/2021 at 6:28 PM, purplehaze said:

A SILVER!

What is next for this egg?

Wow! That's awesome - congrats! Looking at the candidates for male silvers, I'd say see if you can reach @painless_j first. ❤️

Edit: To have a reference post to link in the doc, as I've been doing for all boss battles: The second Silver boss was vanquished on the 11th strike. 10 of the strikes were done by purplehaze (spread over two pairs) and 1 by pinkgothic.

Edited by pinkgothic

1 hour ago, pinkgothic said:

Wow! That's awesome - congrats! Looking at the candidates for male silvers, I'd say see if you can reach @painless_j first. ❤️

Will do! Thanks.

Also would welcome any suggestions for naming the parents. Please. I am no good at that!

Egg received. I'm influencing it female and trying to breed a silver egg from it with my other old CB silver male, correct? That will be yet another boss battle :)

Edited by painless_j

17 hours ago, purplehaze said:

Will do! Thanks.

Also would welcome any suggestions for naming the parents. Please. I am no good at that!

Maybe something like this?

The post-Fog Silver Dragons were x the first Eastern design for DC

If that's even true. XD

10 hours ago, painless_j said:

Egg received. I'm influencing it female and trying to breed a silver egg from it with my other old CB silver male, correct? That will be yet another boss battle :)

Correct! ❤️ At least that boss battle won't throw fail-eggs all the time, at least. Godspeed! :D

21 hours ago, pinkgothic said:

The post-Fog Silver Dragons were x the first Eastern design for DC

If that's even true. XD

Well, I'm going to pretend it is. XD  I just turned the names around a bit so they work better, I think.