TJ09

2019-01-01 - Holiday Event Encore

And the event is over! 

Thank you to everyone involved!

I had great fun! 

Um, so I didn't learn until later in the game that the chess squares could be placed under other objects.  So I spent the last hour of the game putting snow under everything.  But now that the game is over, the snow COVERS everything?

Screen Shot 2019-01-04 at 9.03.36 PM.png

Experiencing several layering issues with the chess floor:

2kIYMy7.png

Edit: chess floor I had under the hedge that I totally forgot about is trying to show its colors

rGF5ayk.png

Edited by Arkee

1 minute ago, DragonNeko said:

the freaking resources weren't removed... So I'm honestly pretty freaking pissed...

TJ specifically said that the resources wouldn't be removed, it was quoted multiple times throughout the thread. Sorry you didn't want them. 

1 minute ago, DragonNeko said:

the freaking resources weren't removed... So I'm honestly pretty freaking pissed...

image.png.12590189553c680c4bde51a267d8a44d.png

We we're told they weren't going to be removed. If you didn't enter your fort they stopped spawning

I have the chessboard-layering-issue as well... 😭

It was a fantastic event though. Decorating events are by far my favorite and I'm so happy about the encore because otherwise I would've missed out completely.

19 minutes ago, willworkforhugs said:

Some of my pieces didn't save the way they were while the event was going on.  The white floor pieces from the chess set are now overlapping certain items that they were on top of them, like trees and my trojan horse.

ehh....

as far as I can see, my gingerbread wall(behnd the gree christmas tree) is missing the icing now:/ same with the castle wall next to the ginger bread's hut's side:/

79594155_ruinedoverlay.png.4e748a4e468388670590e87c0574536e.png

Edited by VixenDra

I'm having a layering problem too, with the gumdrops that are supposed to be on top of the wall, but I'm sure it'll all be fixed soon (I hope).

2818bec6f427796ff64dabbfdeb1d388.png

I also have the Chess issue
6PBjW5H.png

It was supposed to be this. They were to represent clean snow and dirty snow:

yb105dF.png

I hope this gets fixed.

Edited by warriorjames

Just now, blah said:

I have the chessboard-layering-issue as well... 😭

Same here. I hope it gets fixed, I was worried something like that could happen after that happened with the 2016 Holiday event. I just hope this will be fixed. :mellow:

12 minutes ago, DragonNeko said:

image.png.12590189553c680c4bde51a267d8a44d.png

TJ did inform us about that days in advance (even before the encore)! and people kept repeating that info many times...
I actually wasted DAYS grinding to get correct resources spawn in correct places (failed with one but it's not that bad, all the rest are just as I wanted but I wasted my life on that..) - all you had to to was to leave your fort the way you wanted? Unless the extras did spawn on you when you weren't visiting the fort(which would be a bug actually)? The in-hedge area looks intentional to me(pretty!)?

Edited by VixenDra

9 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

TJ specifically said that the resources wouldn't be removed, it was quoted multiple times throughout the thread. Sorry you didn't want them. 

I removed them all BEFORE the event ended, so everything was clear. I come back AFTER it ended, to find them still there...

Just now, DragonNeko said:

I removed them all BEFORE the event ended, so everything was clear. I come back AFTER it ended, to find them still there...

You'll have to report it then... that's NOT what TJ intended

I'm also having the chessboard square layering issue, but I'm pretty sure it'll be fixed. *crosses fingers*

ETA:And some of my wreaths disappeared.

Edited by prpldrgnfr

My fort looks nothing like it did right before the event closed. I had everything carefully arranged, but my arrangement has been thoroughly wrecked. Nothing to do with resources; items I arranged carefully have been moved, rotated, or deleted,

1 minute ago, VixenDra said:

You'll have to report it then... that's NOT what TJ intended

And how do I do that? >.<

1 minute ago, prpldrgnfr said:

I'm also having the chessboard square layering issue, but I'm pretty sure it'll be fixed. *crosses fingers*

I pray so since my fort has been ruined because of this error

1 minute ago, Ardath Rekha said:

My fort looks nothing like it did right before the event closed. I had everything carefully arranged, but my arrangement has been thoroughly wrecked. Nothing to do with resources; items I arranged carefully have been moved, rotated, or deleted,

Well has the things just been buried under tiles? I know the chess tiles and wall liners have layering problems atm.

Just now, DragonNeko said:

And how do I do that? >.<

Gess we'll have to use the help section in the forum? (I have an overlay issue with 2 of my icing peices... but I'll report later when I wake up, it's 6:30am for me and I'm nearly asleep typing)

1 minute ago, SamuelMaybird said:

Well has the things just been buried under tiles? I know the chess tiles and wall liners have layering problems atm.

I think you're right. I guess it can all be fixed by making the chess tiles automatically the bottom layer, the way they were when we used them. I think that any time we put a chess tile down below an object, after the object had been placed, the system is now putting it on top of that object, layering them by placement order even though that's not how they looked during the game.