TJ09

2019-01-01 - Holiday Event Encore

Thank you to the spriters and coders and description writers and all others involved in putting this together! It was fun and relaxing with some really great spritework and a few item descriptions that made me snort. Another big thanks for the parade of updates that were sent out both to fix issues users were having and to add new things to play with. :)

For those of you having issues, hang tight, hopefully they'll be fixed shortly!

I've had a bunch of fun in that event and took hours decorating everything to my hearts content. Thanks to everyone who made this possible. :3

Glad to see that the resources stayed. I just love those tiny, little gift-boxes! Let's hope the tiles go down again, so we can show off our pretty things to ourselves and others.

Before (at least closest I can get^^)

fort.png.e0a537f13be1e27ff91eada66ed7c375.png

After :(

after.png.8f511d2994d465e17635efe87c16b739.png

Edited by Magellan

Part off my gingerbread wall has the gumdrop trim hanging off the top edge instead of firmly on top of the wall. I checked everything just before it ended and it didn't look like that. :(

7 minutes ago, Ardath Rekha said:

I think you're right. I guess it can all be fixed by making the chess tiles automatically the bottom layer, the way they were when we used them. I think that any time we put a chess tile down below an object, after the object had been placed, the system is now putting it on top of that object, layering them by placement order even though that's not how they looked during the game.

I have to agree with that, I put a lot of chessboard tiles down. Under a lot of already placed objects, the ones I added things to after aren’t effected by the layering problem. Which is like five trees and a snowman. The rest of my board is covered in white tiles. 

On my fort, tiles have covered the hedges outside the fort walls and the two candle stumps beside the Christmas tree in the garden. Also my turret corners are covered at their bases.

Edited by whitestar

My final fort! Thank you so much for the event TJ and spriters ❤️

480599429_ScreenShot2019-01-05at4_59_06pm.thumb.png.a0e32c004f03397ad2809125d76d3c2c.png

It looks like the curse of the chess tiles has hit me too. 

Maybe it's a problem with how the forts loaded?

Also the wreath disappears behind the "wooden lodge" upgrade of the tent, if you had it placed to the right of the door.

The curse has hit me too There are way too many mistakes to list! Half my snowman is gone, I'm missing a wreath, floor tiles and ponds are wack, snow dragon is in two pieces...LMFAO it looks like someone shook my board real hard and ran away!

Lol, also got hit with the chessboard curse. I'm sure it will be fixed eventually. Was a lovely event, thank you all!

First: Thanks to the spriters and to TJ for the revamped Snow Wars, it was a great deal of fun with fantastic visuals!

Second: Oh good, tile layering issues aren't just me! Here's mine, chessboard pieces seem to be the culprit:

Fort-VisualErrors.JPG

The layering bug with icing/flooring pieces should be fixed. If you're still seeing it, be sure to clear your browser's cache (don't bother with clearing cookies, that's almost never going to fix anything)

Had lots of fun decorating my fort. Noticed this small clipping issue though. I cleared my cache and it's still there.

Kr7X6uQ.png

Just woke up and first checked on my fort - perfectly exactly the way I left it when I went to bed *phew* Now that I know how good it all worked out in the end I am much more into a Snow Wars 3 somewhen in the future! 😉 Thanks TJ and especially all the spriters for the beautiful items! Totally in love with the tiny birdies ❤️

Well, that ends an amazing event, which was super fun!

Thanks to everyone involved: for the sprites, the music, the coding... I missed the game the first time around so I was super happy to be able to play this time. I liked that it wasn't super competitive and that you didn't need to come and play everyday to make a beautiful fort. It was pretty chill and I had fun making my own snowy forest. Thanks!!!