TJ09

2019-01-01 - Holiday Event Encore

5 hours ago, Kitty137 said:

@Snowwall Your fort looks like an awesome mess :D The snow around the cannons looks just perfect!

Well, thanks! That was the intent, to use most items without having it look like a store "One Of Each" :D

Besides, snow and randomness work better for me - the one time I had an idea and a plan, it got frozen in a half-done state!

This sort of mess would look decent no matter when I forgot about it and missed the deadline ;)

4 hours ago, blah said:

I was going for a Ronia, the Robber's daughter theme...

IMG_0492.jpg.4dfce0a84731f4c7de3d8bc3b804ca03.jpg

...I've been meaning to read that book  for quite a while now...

4 hours ago, blah said:

Thank you! 😁 I couldn't have done it without your help. I was going for a Ronia, the Robber's daughter theme and I think I might've just pulled it off. I'm glad you managed to get rid of all the weapons in time, I really like the look of your forest! 

IMG_0492.jpg.4dfce0a84731f4c7de3d8bc3b804ca03.jpg

Oh my goodness, that's beautiful. I love it!

cO29D04.jpg

tj please alt the starsingers

(pls dont ban me)

Edited by Dohaerys

Is there any way to remove unwanted resources? I wanted most of them, but a few must have spawned before midnight last night, (bottom right hand corner; the spire, tree trunks, and present), and kind of ruined what I was going for. ☹️

2K5vpdG.png

Edited by Scythe

That was a wonderful event!

By the way, do the badge colours represent the levels we've reached?

@Snowwall it's a lifelong favourite of mine. It's got an adventure, friendship, family, a feud, a castle, robbers obviously, interesting people (and creatures!) and there is just a hint of magic and something you can't quite grasp. The film is excellent as well. It's old and not at all Hollywood but it truly captures the essence of the book. I'm 31 now and although it is supposed to be a children's book, it only gets better each time I read it. Sorry for the lengthy answer 😅

@angelicdragonpuppy thank you, that is exactly what I was going for, really happy it comes across like that! ❤️ I wish I could've tried to spawn a few resources in appropriate places like you did but I only started yesterday and only just got it finished it time. :D 

@Laura-Borealis thank you! I just had a look at yours and I'm a bit jealous that you managed to combine the untamed forest with the neat, pretty hedges. 😄

59 minutes ago, Dohaerys said:

cO29D04.jpg

tj please alt the starsingers

(pls dont ban me)

I'm giggling with that image 😂

But I'm curious to see them too, even if I understand we have to wait. Will they be red? Will they be like one of the alt RAs and be black? Will they be a fun green? What a mystery!

(please don't ban me as well, I saved the starsingers' pages as temporary bookmarks to avoid bothering the spriters' eggs and hatchies ^^')

11 hours ago, TJ09 said:

The layering bug with icing/flooring pieces should be fixed. If you're still seeing it, be sure to clear your browser's cache (don't bother with clearing cookies, that's almost never going to fix anything)

Thank you TJ! The Chess Tile curse has been lifted from my fort!

For some weird reason, the icing on my wall is now in front of the tree although it should really be behind it. Not too big a deal, though, I can always say that Escher was at the back of my mind. :lol:

"Snow fort glitch" is what the corner looks like now; you can compare it to last night's screenshot, where the tree proudly stands where it's supposed to stand.

Or is it an additional corner that somehow flew there (possibly through my own fault)? But that couldn't be on the tree, now, could it?

snow fort glitch.PNG

snowy forty.PNG

Now that it's too late to change anything else, I'll post my fort.

I stole a bunch of other peoples' ideas, and implemented them in mediocre fashion, but I'm pretty happy with it.

Fort.png.b75891b6813c3224c9af2d7f24800694.png

The rock spires are just because they're really cool, while the warlike penguins, the snowman confused about pumpkin vs head, and the idea of garden squares are snagged from other forts that appeared on this thread.  Yes, someone decided to grow snowballs.  Aren't they a nice crop this year?  The dragon in the top corner with the present is because it spawned a present under its nose (on a different version of the fort) and I thought it looked nice, so it stayed.

I think the cardinals are spies, working with the penguins (the lower one is reporting, not gathering data).  And definitely, the people in the cabin were wise to leave the reindeer outside. :D

I wish the weapons could face different directions, though.  Maybe I should've put the penguins higher in the image, properly laying siege to the house, but the pond makes a lovely natural defense.  Oh, I know!  They turned the trebuchet around to put the house-people off their guard!

And edit because I'm forgetful... I wish I'd found a place to put a hedge maze.  Unfortunately, my "fort" is cluttered enough as-is.

Edited by Pilauli

thank you so much for spamming resources all over my fort and blocking all the paths with random stuff and completely ruining the fort's aesthetic, it was really nice, always wanted my fort saved like this...

😭

Thanks to TJ and everyone for this event! Had a blast!! 😁😁 The only drawback is I'm now going to have that music stuck in my head for at least a week. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Though I wish my angry aegis could have stayed angry, I'm pretty happy with my fort, chaotic as it is.  I should have come back in right before the event ended to see what resources I could spawn in, but I caught a cold, and spent much of yesterday zonked-out, trying to sleep it off.  Oh well.  At least I got a pretty crystal resource right up front. :P

Snow Wars 2 was so much fun: the music, graphics, everyone's participation be it behind the scenes or as destroyers.  I wish that when I click on the event to admire my fort the music would play.

I still on occasion play Valkemarian Tales Jolly Follies and Festive Expeditions just to hear the music: https://ep0.valkemariantales.com/

https://2016.valkemariantales.com/

Many thanks for the wonderful time I had building, destroying and repairing.

1 hour ago, Wei55 said:

thank you so much for spamming resources all over my fort and blocking all the paths with random stuff and completely ruining the fort's aesthetic, it was really nice, always wanted my fort saved like this...

😭

Yours looks really nice - what is wrong in your eyes ?

31 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Yours looks really nice - what is wrong in your eyes ?

i just didn't want the empty spaces taken over by resource objects :c 

37 minutes ago, Pinch of StarDust said:

I wish that when I click on the event to admire my fort the music would play.

I still on occasion play Valkemarian Tales Jolly Follies and Festive Expeditions just to hear the music.

Oh gosh, yessss! I definitely will want to hear both the fort and battle tunes again!

It's delightful to see all the different ways everyone decorated their forts. So much creativity and inspiring ideas. I keep thinking 'man, I should've done that!' 'Ooo look how cute' Lol.

Thanking you again, TJ and spriters, designers, and everyone who made this happen,(an extra hug for the music creator!). It was an incredible event. I can't imagine you all had much of a personal holiday(s) to gift us SW2 and I appreciate everything.

**Wow! I didn't know any of the old mini games were still playable! Is it just the Snowa games?

oboy I know what I'll be doing next!

19 minutes ago, Wei55 said:

i just didn't want the empty spaces taken over by resource objects :c 

Oh - I put path or ice  in the places I wanted no gifts - but - well, it does look lovely, honest.

guess who missed out on the update x) i would have loved to get those new trees, oh well

Oh my @blah your fort is so beautiful! :o Have you seen the film Unga Astrid? It came out just last autumn and I think it was really wonderful.

I've looked back a few pages of this thread and overall everyone has done fantastic work decorating their forts. Thanks for sharing! I hope this year has started well for all. ❤️ I'm too lazy to take any screenshots but I could, anyway, post a link to my humble fort.

Edited by Varislapsi