TJ09

2018-08-26 - Site Terms Update and August Dragon Release

I filled my scroll up with new eggs (4 pale blue and 3 ashen). They are beautiful and can't wait to see what they become!

So... why are spriter credits hidden now?

Edited by Whirlaway

34 minutes ago, Jazeki said:

You can actually tell by the number of growing things that TJ has. Two sprites means one adult and one frozen hatchling.

34 minutes ago, Herk said:

Experience says they WON'T have dimorphism.

TJ only has two eggs each - one to grow up, one to freeze

If there's adult-only dimorphism, he usually has 3 - one male, one female, one freezie

If there's s2 AND adult dimorphism, he has 4 - 2 adults, 2 freezies ;)

TIL. Thanks for explaining, you two!

Edit: Ah, I now know why I was mistaken. Back when Black Truffle and Pyrovar are released it didn't show hatchlings in the news thread.

Edited by scalesofgrey

I did finally catch 4 spots and 3 ashys, I had to abandon 2 PB Blusangs, which did hurt a little, but I'm not punting the Tinsel!

Cute hatchies, but who are the artists?? Hope there isn't a copyright problem like with the last non-release...

35 minutes ago, animatedrose said:

Got three of each egg, woo! And in a few hours, I can hopefully grab one more of each, if the flood hasn't ended by then. It probably will but eh, I can dream.

Maybe the artist credits are being hidden now to avoid a panic over the spriter, like what happened to the Siyats last release? Though I don't see the point of hiding credit on ALL the dergs. It's probably a glitch and should be fixed soon, unless the credits are being moved elsewhere. Let things settle a bit and we'll see, if TJ addresses it before anyone figures out what happened.

Yeah.. my BET is that is a bug and will be squished soon.

i'm late to this, but luckily they seem to be fairly easy to catch, even with older eggs appearing. Got 3 of each, not dropping the siyat egg i've been holding on to for days or the nebula egg

Got two pairs of each, so I'm happy ^^ And remember, people, fog your eggs as soon as you get them! Especially them blue spots, competition for them seems particularly fierce so you just know there's gonna be bombers about!

43 minutes ago, animatedrose said:

Maybe the artist credits are being hidden now to avoid a panic over the spriter, like what happened to the Siyats last release? Though I don't see the point of hiding credit on ALL the dergs. It's probably a glitch and should be fixed soon, unless the credits are being moved elsewhere. Let things settle a bit and we'll see, if TJ addresses it before anyone figures out what happened.

That's my bet - so the artists don't get harassed in the release thread. It's probably easier to pull the whole "credits" code" than try and make it specific to one breed.

I may have missed it, but has anyone else seen an explanation as to why the Forest Biome shows "an error has occurred" or am I the only one that it is happening to?  I've seen no mention of it anywhere??? 

Oh yay, looks like I was sleeping when the drops were glitched, lol. They seem to be dropping fairly steadily at the moment, though olds are definitely mixed in. I stupidly forgot about possible-release and traded for a lot of high-timed eggs that I really don't want to drop... I have one that can Incu-hatch but other then that I'm pretty darn locked for awhile. I did get two of each new ones last night though, now to figure out if it's worth keeping them... 

I really really hope at least one of these breeds stays gray with the adults! I think they both have awesome coloring, we could use a few more 'plain' breeds to combat the abundance of flashy breeds lately. Plus, just in general we could definitely use more gray-ish dragons! 

Man, those 400-shard Xenowyrms look so tempting. I know I should be saving for a Gold, but I sure could use some more Xenos... :wub:

11 minutes ago, Husky51 said:

I may have missed it, but has anyone else seen an explanation as to why the Forest Biome shows "an error has occurred" or am I the only one that it is happening to?  I've seen no mention of it anywhere??? 

i dont have an error on my screen for the forest.

I'm looking to buy a Gaia, but I don't understand the wording on how to unlock it?  

1 minute ago, Husky51 said:

I'm looking to buy a Gaia, but I don't understand the wording on how to unlock it?  

You need to unlock the breed in the encyclopedia, aka click enough eggs other people own for the egg sprite to show up in the dragon's encyclopedia entry.

4 minutes ago, Husky51 said:

You'll need to look for Gaia eggs (like on hatcheries, for example) and click on them. Click on enough eggs (not too sure about the number) and it'll be unlocked for purchasing.

Edit: Alternatively, you can catch a Gaia egg either from the cave or the abandoned page and it'll be unlocked for purchasing immediately.

Edited by scalesofgrey

1 minute ago, Reshiram5875 said:

i dont have an error on my screen for the forest.

Now that is curious.  It has a headstone with RIP on it and the wording 'an error has occurred'.  So I must have done something, in the first rush last night, but I don't know what?

1 minute ago, Husky51 said:

Now that is curious.  It has a headstone with RIP on it and the wording 'an error has occurred'.  So I must have done something, in the first rush last night, but I don't know what?

Try clearing your cache?  It fixes most bugs.

Maybe this has already been addressed, and if so, please quote the answer to me, but:  Will the new raffle thing decrease our chances of obtaining prize dragons?  I’m still waiting patiently to win my first CB prize after five million* years.

Wait, I think I just figured out my answer, after re-reading TJ’s post...  

*(actually just since they began)

Edited by blackdragon71

Sazandora and scalesofgrey,  thank you very much...

14 minutes ago, Sazandora said:

Man, those 400-shard Xenowyrms look so tempting. I know I should be saving for a Gold, but I sure could use some more Xenos... :wub:

I'm wondering whether the prices will eventually go up, and if I should blow all my shards on them now.

You're welcome, Husky51. :) I think the raffle thing just means new entry requirements for the raffle, instead of just the standard "raise three dragons"-thing, we could be required to raise dragons of certain body types or elements or from certain biomes, et cetera.

1 minute ago, blackdragon71 said:

Maybe this has already been addressed, and if so, please quote the answer to me, but:  Will the new raffle thing decrease our chances of obtaining prize dragons?

From what I understand, no, only if you don't meet the new requirements. Since the requirements to enter will now be different sometimes, it's possible that some people won't meet those requirements because they don't play that way (like collecting CBs....), but hopefully the requirements will stay fairly low so that even if it's different it'll still be easy to do.