TJ09

2018-08-26 - Site Terms Update and August Dragon Release

For some reason I'm especially interested in seeing these dragons grow up - maybe it's because of the colors since I love them. :D I'm also curious about the other hatchling's intimidating face.

I'm really looking forward to the new raffle types.

The "raise 3 dragons this month" thing was such a low bar I don't think I've even had to think about it since raffles started... It'll be fun to have more of a variety. :)

Oh sweet, updates and a new release! Also, the ashen egg's descrition tickles my brains since I've been playing a lot of Dark Souls recently :D

15 hours ago, animatedrose said:

And now that the last of my definitely-not-dropping eggs have hatched, I'm happily egglocked with 4 of each egg. Woo! It's been a good day today. :)

@HollowSoul at the top of the DC site where it says "Logged in" and the time, you should see a number by a triad shard-like symbol. Click the number. It'll take you to the market.

What are this "definitely-not-dropping eggs"?

32 minutes ago, Helel said:

What are this "definitely-not-dropping eggs"?

Likely eggs that a player has bred that they don't want to lose. Probably for a project or they're lovely lineages or sow thing like that. 

@Helel Yeah, they were a few eggs I had foolishly bred and grabbed before the release that I didn't want to drop. I was not dropping those, not even for a new release. Thankfully, a majority hatched just minutes before the release and the last two hatched yesterday. I failed in trying to keep all my slots open for this predicted release...but thankfully, it didn't bite me in the butt. This time, at least.

UUUUGH the new hatchlings never want to grow up on my days off. It's always the day after, when I'm heading to work...

5 hours ago, EragonSaphiraRider said:

Likely eggs that a player has bred that they don't want to lose. Probably for a project or they're lovely lineages or sow thing like that. 

3 hours ago, animatedrose said:

@Helel Yeah, they were a few eggs I had foolishly bred and grabbed before the release that I didn't want to drop. I was not dropping those, not even for a new release. Thankfully, a majority hatched just minutes before the release and the last two hatched yesterday. I failed in trying to keep all my slots open for this predicted release...but thankfully, it didn't bite me in the butt. This time, at least.

I see, thanks for your replies! I thought, maybe it's some kind of secret third new breed xD

Just caught my first ashen egg! Had to resist all the ER eggs on the AP, but it was worth it. :) 

A few of my eggs have hatched now, so I might grab another set. Are the "intimidating face" hatchlings wingless? If that's the case, I wonder if they'll look nice with Fells and Black Zyus.

They look to be wingless, unless they surprise us and suddenly have wings as adults. Don't think that's ever happened though... 

My first two have hatched, one ashen and one spots, yay!

These eggs look interesting. I have four of the ashy eggs, and I'm still trying to get another spotted one.

Oh! And I'm very glad they're changing up the raffle requirements. It'll make it more of a challenge now of course, but that's the whole point!

Edited by silver_tiger

Now that some of my new releases have hatched, I have allowed myself to look through the improved Trading Hub. :) The pagination makes it so much nicer! It's really fun to just browse and see what might be interesting, and for my own trades, I can feel better leaving them up without the stress of constantly having to update them to have them be seen. I love that we can link to groups again. It makes it easier for me to see what people want that I might be able to offer. Thanks for listening, TJ and company! 

I'm excited about the intimidating hatchling. It might be a good pair with tinsels, golds, and some of the other chunky dragons. I just hope it is not too common so that it is impossible to get shinies from. 🧐 Time will tell!

Just completely my first pagination-helped trade, posted the trade multiple hours ago and was curious if pagination would actually help me get offers once it fell off the first page (ie, wondering how many people were actually going through the pages). Seems to have worked just great, yay! 

oh no, all new eggs are dead...  that has not happend before °°

16 minutes ago, Nexu said:

oh no, all new eggs are dead...  that has not happend before °°

A hard way to learn, I agree, but any New Releases should be hidden (fogged) for a day or so to protect them from bombers that like to do things like this.  If one or more of your eggs are sick, hiding them for awhile helps cure them...

Be sure to hide your new replacement eggs, that view bomber might still be lurking.  I know when I end up with one (bomber) they tend to stick around for months. :dry:

No preview this time due to news?

Never mind it was my browser which didn't load the images.

Edited by Shelybear
edited