AroaraAngelwolf

From light into darkness

Sam waited patiently for Arcana to get more used to her while listening to everything that Jach said to the former and then smiled slightly when she felt the very light lick against her palm. She nodded when she heard Jach’s instructions about what she should do next and did just that, petting her gently under Arcana’s chin. She then smiled a bit more when she both saw and felt Arcana put her head against her (Sam) chest. “Well I try,” she said with a small blush on her cheeks when she heard what Jach said about her having a wonderful way with animals and then just continued to gently pet Arcana but didn’t know what to say in reply to the statement he said regarding Arcana sensing her pure soul.

Edited by SkySong278

Slowly the hellhound's tail begain to wag a little as she pressed against Sam jach was petting Asmodaous and roughhousing with Arachne at the same time. 

After a long time spent with the dogs he locked the garden gate and a wall closed behind it so they couldn't see the Sloth ring anymore and he walked through the garden through another gate. You can see a large platinum castle in the foreground, the second ring (of the three that made up his home) was more like a town. People walked around, he's humans not demons, in full color and clothing pertaining to their time period on them chatting happily as they went into shops and restaurants, a few gargoyles like May can be spotted here and there. This was the servents ring that held their quarters and the stables among other things. The building styles where kleptic, a mix of each time period up to what it currently was up top. 

As he walked with his dogs down the brick street souls bowed and greeted him and he in turn greeted each and every one of them by name. Some even petted two of the three hellhounds as Jach informed them to meet at the square. 

He (Jach) turned to Sam at this point and spread his arms to the town. "This is the ring where the worshippers go. Those whom made a deal with me and followed through with it and actually like serving me. This is their version of heaven. I wouldn't be surprised if Carlos, maestro, and Abby come down here. They can be baptized in the Lord, and still work here. Heaven is simply where one is happiest and if they are happy working for me then so be it. I have to make an announcement about you being my wife real quick then we'll go to the castle have a lovely lunch and I'll show you around, maybe even take the unicorns for a ride! Sound good to you?"

Sam smiled a bit more when she noticed Arcana’s tail wag a bit before the latter pressed against her. She then giggled when she watched Jach with Asmodeous and Arachne, thinking they were cute.

She then followed after him and the dogs after a little while longer of spending time with them and also after he closed the gate. She looked over her shoulder as a wall closed behind the garden, no longer seeing Sloth’s ring. She had her attention go back to being ahead of her again when they approached another gate and went through it just before she saw a large platinum castle. She thought it was really pretty as she turned her attention to the people that were walking around the town as well as saw a few gargoyles flying about.

She smiled at a few of them when they approached to greet Jach and pet the dogs while hearing her love tell them to start congregating in the square.

“I see and they probably do. The people here all seem really nice and also to be in good moods. I’m glad they hold you in such a high esteem and all that sounds like a really good plan. I’ll hold you to it,” she said in reply with a smile as she had her attention be on him as well after the people that he had told to meet in the square had pet his dogs and left them.

Edited by SkySong278

Once they got to the square that was outside the platinum palace he walked up the steps to the door and turned around waiting until the square was full. It wasn't long, word travels fast when it comes to him in the ring and in no time it was full of people. The murmur quieted as soon as he raised his hand. "Greetings! I bring good news and word of changes in the future. I have found a bride once or, and she is now my wife! Meet your new Queen Samantha Echlare!" He said waving to Sam. The crowd all chanted at once "Hail Queen Samantha! Long live the king and queen!" 

"Now she prefers Sam, and is a very humble queen. The formal title still makes her uncomfortable so please use it only in the throne room or in front of souls being judged and my siblings. She has been given equal power as well. So I hope you will help me teach her the ropes when I am unable to. We are on our honeymoon now and am just passing through at the moment but we will come back later on. Now please go about your day, you're all dismissed!"

With a final shout of congratulations and Hail the King the crowd dispersed. Only a handful came up to congratulate them personally and get a good look at the queen. 

Sam went up the steps after Jach and stood beside him both as he waited for the murmuring from the crowd to stop and as he made the announcement. She smiled a bit shyly at the crowd’s response before hearing the rest of what Jach said. She was still smiling now but without the shyness behind it like it had, had before after hearing a few last “Hail the king” come from the assembled crowd and some of them dispersed.

When a few of the townspeople came up to congratulate them, her smile grew a bit bigger and she kindly greeted them while also letting them look at her more closely.

The people where mostly cooks or talors and wanted to know her preference on certain things and left after obtaining answers. He then head into the doors of the platinum castle. The floor was like a gigantic goed with amethyst crystals under highly polished glass tiles made up the entire grand entrance. Black polished volcanic glass made up the stairs to the second, third and forth floor with a balcony on the fifth high above. The banisters where black gold with silver leaves and rose gold roses blooming on the delicate supports with ebony for the handrails.  A massive chandelier hung in the high valted ceiling made of a kleptic bunch of massive horns in various colors with dimonds and garnets dangling from it. Two smaller ones made of curved unicorn horns hung on either side of the large one.  Other than the sheer size and amount of floors this castle had, it was relatively set up like the one he had up top. Grander, more luxurious and fitting for a man who's second name is Hades, but also.... Plesent. He had large colorful rugs on the stairs, paintings of gardens, landscapes and animals (mostly dragons painted in a kind way) creating a kind and welcoming atmosphere other than the closed business type in his second home.  However the sparcety of furniture and spaciousness of the halls still gave it a cold foreboding presence like you are an ant and it was Paul Bunyan's boot. His wings dropped and dragged behind him as the door closed and he headed into a hall to one of six dinning rooms for lunch. He looked aged, deflated and his crown had reappeared as soon as he set foot inside the castle. 

Sam gave them the answers they were seeking from her before they left and she followed Jach into the castle. When she was in the foyer of it, she looked around with awe in her wide eyes. “It’s marvelous,” she breathed as she stood in place for a moment or two to take in all of the intricate decor and then followed after him a few minutes afterward towards one of the dining rooms. She noticed that he looked more aged and deflated and wondered if it was an effect of being in this castle but wasn’t completely certain about that. “Are you alright dear?” she asked with slight concern in her voice and with concern showing on her face and in her eyes before sitting down in one of the chairs that was at the head of the table.

"I dred this place. " He muttered plopping down next to her in a throne like seat made for a demon and sank in it. "I the castle up top was built two hundred years ago by s contractor of mine. I stayed here most of my life and the lonelyness I felt here is still palpable for me. Before the castle up top was built, three brides had to be taken down here.  And all three either killed themselves here or where killed by envy.  Not counting the countless times I've tried to do the same thing as two of them and never worked..." 

Sam listened to everything that he said, feeling sad for him for being back in a place that he disliked so strongly for it sounded like a not very comforting place. “After we eat lunch we can leave here and go to the Alps unless you already had something else planned for after we finish eating and I forget what it was,” she said in reply before holding his hand in a comforting way or rather she tried to convey comfort in it.

"seeing the unicorns and the dragon in my treasure room. Then dinner and bed. Showing you the passeges would take all day tomorrow because this place is so huge and has many entrances to other pergitory spots around the world. " He looked at her hand then his tails slid under her lifting her up and pulling her into his lap so he can cuddle with her. "It's a part of my life and I do need to spend time here, mostly during winter to organize and sort souls. Maybe... After a couple of little talons running around.. it'll feel more like a true home. " He said holding her tightly as a large meal was set before them. Demons had large appetites in hell and what he usually ate up top was the bare minimum to not starve. Course he didn't tell her that. 

“Oh right and also the Basilisk. I remember now. Okay and I can’t wait to explore those passages,” she said in reply to his first few statements before she felt his tails slide under her and then she was in his lap afterward. “Mm this is one of my favorite places to be,” she said as she wrapped her arms around his neck and before hearing the rest of what he said. “Maybe and perhaps I can also help with getting it to feel more like home to you,” she said before having her attention go to the big meal that was set down in front of them. “This looks delicious.”

Edited by SkySong278

((I can't stop laughing! I made a doll version of one of my OCS on a maker and I intend to have him give it to his mate and say "in case you get lonely at the office!" The thing is, it's something he'd totally do! The doll looks so dorky it's cute and hilarious!))

He smiled at her comment about one of her favorite places to be. "Glad that's the case. I already feel better having you so close. " He pulled off a rather large mutton leg and tore into it. "Try this it melts in your mouth and glazed with honey made from the bees that polenate my garden. It's really rich and spicy compared to regular honey. "

((aw that sounds like a really cute thing for a character to do ^_^. I can haz link of doll?))

“I’m glad,” she said in reply before she was told to try the mutton leg and did so by biting into another part of it. “Ooh this is delicious,” she said around the bite of it that was in her mouth. “It’s so tangy and rich as well as tender. The cook down here is just as good as maestro unless maestro also cooks the food here as well?”

(( Here, the maker is in the description and its in Japanese but the green checkmark is to finish it and then you just downloaded the image.))

He snorted. "I wish, it's all made by gluttony's demons, so I'm always weary when it comes to my food, so I always have taste testers try my food. Especially desert. " He says. "Veggies and fruits are gathered from my own garden and level five so those don't need to be tested. Then Zoe sometimes sends me pie or peach cobbler. Not as good as devil food cake mistro makes but still good."

((I meant to the doll you made but thanks for the site to make them :)))

“Oh okay. That mutton leg is delicious, though. Hm what else here is also delicious...,” she said while browsing the rest of their meal that was brought to them. She took up a fork before digging into the Mac and cheese and had a content look on her face as she chewed it. “This is really good as well,” she said before offering him a bite of the pasta.

((That was the image. I just wanted to let you know where the maker was in case you wanted to make one of your own! :) ))

He took the bite that was offered as he nearly ate the whole leg and threw the bone to the dogs still with meat on it that the three shared. He then pulled a lobster towards him and with a single claw split it down the middle and used a dainty fork to pull out the meat offering her some. "You've probably found yourself more hungry then you where up top. Demons have fast a metabolism thus gluttony able to eat continually and not be sick.  This entire meal I can have and still have room for several dozen deserts. So between the both of us we'll finish in no time. " 

((ah okay :) and I might later ^_^))

Sam ate a bit more Mac and cheese before she was offered some lobster, listening to what else he said in regards to her possibly feeling a bit more hungry than she would up on the surface. “Yes I did notice that. That’s very interesting. Would the same be for when we’re at the surface castle or is this something that only happens here in Hell?” She then went back to eating a few more food items that were on the platter like the shrimp and strawberries.

Edited by SkySong278

"Just here. Up top even I can manage my hunger although during the night when my demon power increases so does my hunger, and lust which is why I lock myself in my study or bathroom-" he flushed realizing what he was saying out loud and stuffed a golden buttery bread roll in his mouth to shut himself up. 

“Oh okay good to know. I hadn’t noticed you leaving the bed to do that. I could also, um, help you relieve some of the lust you feel at night if you’d like. That is something I can help you with being your wife and all,” she said in reply with a blush of her own while also picking up a roll and eating it before sighing in bliss at how buttery and rich it was.

Edited by SkySong278

He scratched his nose looking away swallowing mid chew to speak again. "That's because.... it was before you... and I got married.... and um... mostly during the ah... trial period we had before the wedding. " He was turning pinker as he spoke each word as if some force was dragging it out of him. "And... That time when you had on that..... gorgeous red dress... and I got bit... I wasn't going to..... let you leave my room...Even now I-..... " He now covered his scarlet face with his hand biting his lip. "And I can't lie to you.... That contract is stronger here.... I say what is on my mind here and have absolutely no filter... I'm so sorry..... " his voice was growing in pitch and he eventually shoved an apple in his mouth. Yes, a whole apple in his mouth core and all to make himself shut up. After a few breaths he moved her back to her chair and bit into the apple eating some other fruits after that and giving table scraps or a whole meat pie to the dogs to eat. 

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

She blushed a darker red with each trailed off sentence he said before saying in a small voice, “Oh.” She then heard his apology along with what else he said before that and nodded in understanding before her blush darkened a bit more and then she was put back into her chair. She went back to eating some of food that was part of her meal and stayed silent as she ate for she didn’t want to get him and her even more embarrassed than they already were.

They finished eating in a uncomfortable silence. After desert they headed to the stables and he showed her the unicorns letting her groom his that had a curved horn of amethyst. Then he showed her the treasure vault. 

The dragon was the color of fire, hues of blue burnished on her scales. She was bulky and muscular with silver eyes and dark almost wood like ebony horns that matched the ones that made up the chandelier in the grand entrance. She dwarfed Jach, her nostril could fit him standing in it she was so huge. Her wings where torn up and her belly was covered with jewels as large as their heads from laying on the treasure.  Around her beg hung what looked like a thick green rope but it moved showing a large viper head with intense golden eyes and white horns that looked like large sharp feathers framing it's head like a crown. It had large fangs that smoked as saliva dripped from them and on to the dragon scales but she seemed to not mind it at all.  "This is Phoenix and Bob. His real name is Babushkan-Averos but he prefers Bob. " The dragon and snake studies her and the dragon then turned and stomped away in the massive vault larger then the house and filled with all sorts of items from enchanted mirrors to gems to gold and even a shiny silver substance that was like starlight. A few minutes later the earth shook again as she approached and they she lit a pale blue flame holding an object on her claw like a ring before presenting it to her. It was a crown of jeweled flowers and leaves made from the same starlight me metal now wreathed in a pale icey blue flame with white on the edges. "Oh! She found a crown for you. It's enchanted so it'll appear at night here and in the castle marking your authority. The flames are ones you can control. She accepted you as queen so quickly I'm impressed!"

Sam didn’t know what to say in order to break the silence between them after lunch and before the dessert they had after so she continued to stay silent. When they went to the stables and was shown the unicorns, she smiled softly and groomed Jach’s mount before they went to the treasure vault.

She then saw the dragon and basilisk there and thought that they were both pretty although still dangerous. She stood still as they both looked and blinked at her and she blinked back before saying with a smile after Jach introduced her to them, “It’s very nice to meet you both.” She then watched as Phoenix walked to the back of the vault where some clattering was heard for a few minutes or so before watching her come back with an object that had jeweled flowers on it that also had a pale blue flame around it as well as leaves. She took it from the great creature with awe now in her expression as well as her eyes before saying to her as she looked up at her, “Thank you.” Then she turned her attention to be back on Jach when she heard what all he said after Phoenix gave her the crown. “How do I control the flames and do I just put it on so that it’ll appear later when it gets dark?” she asked curiously in reply. “Did you expect her not to accept me?”

Edited by SkySong278

"You control them like you would do your form and shadows. Yes, and it'll give you an aura." He pulled the crown from her claw and set it so it hovered been her horns like his did.  "I did actually, or rather... Take longer then a look to do so. You see Phoenix is the oldest one here. She predates my father. It is our treaty with her that we are able to use this entire cavern for Hell. Her power keeps this place hidden from all but demons and souls, and gives the King and queen ultimate decision. All contacts are written in her blood, that's why contracts written up top have more pull here because it's near her. If she doesn't approve of you, your signature means nothing on the contracts. When father stepped back as King and gave me the throne I had to come here with treasures and gifts to win her over, tiny boy I was. It took me four years of a tiny toddler demon to get her approval.. and mostly it was because she couldn't see me. She 'marks' leader's with her flames and grants them power over dragon's flame. Don't get me wrong, I will still have flames if I didn't get the crown, and each demon has a different ability other than fire, but it's increased tenfold with her blessings. " He explained. "If that makes any sense at all ...I think I confused myself." 

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

“Oh okay,” Sam said in reply to both of Jach’s first few statements before the crown was put to be in-between her horns so that it looked like Jach’s. She then listened carefully and with interest to everything else he said as an explanation of the pull of contracts and how they were written as well as how old Phoenix was. “Wow and yes all of that made sense. It was all very easy to understand as well as it being very interesting. Thanks for telling me,” she said in reply to everything he said including the last few statements he said regarding him thinking he confused himself.