AroaraAngelwolf

From light into darkness

Jach took the bite and sighed in delight before his  expression changed to a concerned one. "No need to be embarrassed about forgetting. You went through a lot the past couple weeks and yes... I would've liked to have a proper wedding. But... I was afraid if my engagement went on to long, and this place being so close to Hell's gate.... I just... didn't want to risk it. And if word got out that I'm a demon... it'll be a lynch mob in the town. This place would burn, my garden, your father's business would tank and he'd go broke... probably killed along with us, only his would be permanent. I feel horrible rushing the wedding, but... I just couldn't..." two tears dropped onto the table. "I can't go through that again. It's selfish of me I know... but once you live for a few hundred years you get to see how far people are willing to go when they believe they are threatened. " He said more tears falling down his cheeks. 

Sam nodded in reply to his first few statements and then grew concerned as soon as she saw the tears in her love’s eyes as well as when two of them dropped onto the table’s surface. She put the fork back onto the plate before putting her hands on both of his cheeks and then saying in reply to everything else he said, “It’s okay that it wasn’t a proper wedding. I like smaller ones instead of big ones anyway and I understand why we had a small one and why the reception was quick. Please don’t cry anymore. I don’t like seeing you sad on such a happy day. Let’s finish eating our cake and then go to the garden to visit Zen (I think that’s the gold snake’s name; I forgot right now what it is) and the other snakes before you teach me how to fly.” She smiled a bit amidst her own tears that appeared in her eyes due to seeing him sad before kissing him softly on the lips and then pulling back again afterward.

(Zen is correct.)

Jach took her hands and kissed her back then kissed her palms. "Okay my love. " He offered her a smile letting go of her hands to get a couple bites of the cake slice before feeding her another bite. "I'm glad you understand. I just... still find it unbelievable that I... that I fell for you so quickly and the thought of being separated from you causes me anxiety and panic attacks. I've never felt that strongly about anything really... well, people anyway. Zen, Amadeus, Arcana and araknie are my beloved pets, a snake and three dogs that guard my palace in Hell.  I'll take you to meet them some time."

((okay :)))

Sam got her eyes under control so she no longer had tears in them before smiling a bit more when she heard Jach’s acknowledgement and then ate the bite of cake he offered to her while listening to everything else that he said. “I do, too. I’ve never really been all that lucky with relationships but I’m glad ours turned out well. I’ll never leave your side. But I’ve already met Zen. I don’t know your dogs and would love to meet them sometime,” she said in reply with the smile still on her face before taking an edible rose off of their piece of cake and eating it.

"You do! They're beautiful dogs, well, hellhounds. " He gasped when she took the rose. "Thief! I'll show you!" He said playfully and took a big chunk of the small piece of cake eating it in one bite. It was hard to look smug with a chocolate ring around his lips. 

“I’m sure they are. There are other roses,” Sam said in reply to both before giggling a bit when she saw the chocolate ring around his lips. She leaned in and kissed him before wiping the chocolate off his face. She then cut another piece of cake for her and ate it in one bite as well.

Edited by SkySong278

He returned her kiss, fed her the last few bites, wiped his face with a damp napkin before standing up and stretching. He waited until she did the same, leaving the cake with two small slices removed. "Lets go through the back door. The conservatory is out of the way, and I want to show you a perfect place to practice flying and stretching out your wings. First though, your back muscles need to be built up, and your wings need to toughen up before you really start to fly. You may be ready to learn, but like a owlett, you must practice first before you are ready. " He said taking her hand and walking her out to the garden.

He wove through a hedge maze with fountains, statues, shaped topeiaries and benches placed at dead ends or intersections. He expertly wove his way through to a wide space with a gazebo, a tall iron fence surrounding a beautiful graveyard and the tomb that loomed large over the area on a hill. They were about a mile or two away from the castle now and the tomb was still four miles away, but it was obviously a colossal structure like the Parthenon in Greece. 

The field had knee high grass bordering the carefully maintained stone pathways from the maze, to the gazebo and the graveyard. "We'll practice here. It's far enough inside my land that nobody could see us and it's perfect for practicing your flapping. Stretch out your wings first." He says spreading his wings so the tips were above his head. 

Sam ate the last few bites that Jach gave her and then stood up and stretched like he had done moments before before listening to everything he said. She nodded in understanding before walking with him out to the garden after he had taken her hand to lead her.

She then wove with him through the maze and looked at all of the decorations that were in it as they passed by each one, thinking that they all looked really really beautiful. She looked at the benches as well before seeing the gazebo after she followed him by weaving through another area of the maze that also had a graveyard and a very big tomb that she could see up on a hill in the distance.

Then when they reached an area with knee high grass, she listened to everything else he said before nodding and then stretching out her wings like he told her to do, doing the same thing he did with the tips of her own wings showing above her head.

Edited by SkySong278

He then spread his out behind him, so the wings touched and flicked them open and closed a few times to get the blood flowing through them.  "Alright now I want you to slowly flap them. Get used to the motion and feel how the air moves around your wings. It'll feel like feathers on your skin, soft and gentle." He said moving his wings in a slow motion flap. The slow downstroke  made the grass sway. 

"Spread out fully, down, then fold and roll back up. Spread out behind, down, fold and repeat. Slowly. Feel the pressure build up under your wings, feel where the air resists on your up stroke and adjust until you feel only the slightest resistance. This technique is for gliding. "

Sam watched his wing movements closely as well as listened to everything that he said as an explanation so that she knew what to do with hers. She then did the first thing he said, slowly flapping them before feeling how the air moved around them like he had instructed.

Then she listened to what he said to do next, following his instructions exactly while spreading them out and then slowly moved them down, folded them, rolled them back, and repeated that same motion a few times. She did feel pressure build up under them like he said and she also adjusted so that she also felt the slightest resistance in them before nodding in understanding about this specific motion with her wings being for gliding.

"Proper flying will require the same movements only at regular intervals. " He folded his wings. "You keep flapping, try to get a little faster. If you find yourself being pushed back that's okay. Let me know when your wings feel heavy and we'll stop for the day. You need to build up that muscle, your wings could snap if we had that storm again from two weeks ago when I crashed your party. Best night of my life, other than my wedding night. " He said with a cheeky grin and a wink. 

Sam nodded before doing the movements a bit faster like he said to before hearing everything else that he said. She blushed a bit when she saw his cheeky grin and wink before smiling shyly and then stopping practicing her flight movements. “They’re getting a bit heavy now and is that because I chose you over that ugly gorilla? I’m happier now than I was and it’s felt more like a month instead of a couple weeks ago,” she said and asked before walking a bit closer to him and then wrapping her arms around his neck shortly afterward.

Edited by SkySong278

His arms slipped around her waist gently pulling her close. "Yes it does. So much has happened. As for the gorilla, yes and no. I'm glad you chose me. But waking up today and realizing it's not a dream... that I really am with someone forever now.. that I'm no longer alone, that I have my queen... That's what makes it special." He said softly leaning his forehead on hers. 

“I agree. Oh? I understand that but you said that that night two weeks ago was one of the happiest moments of your life along with last night but you didn’t say why it was so that’s why I guessed it had something to do with me choosing you,” she said in reply to everything he said while looking into his eyes after she was pulled gently close to him while he wrapped his arms around her waist and then leaned his forehead against hers.

Edited by SkySong278

"Ah, yes. That was because I was finally meeting you face to face. I had no doubt you'd choose me. That sounds arrogant of me to say, but no fine woman should have to marry a man twice her age-" he stopped, blinked and coughed. "Scratch that. No fair and beautiful woman should have to wed a drunken, abusive man who wouldn't treat her like the princess she is.  But I do have to say-for I can't lie- I wasn't exactly certain that things would turn out without a fair amount of bruises, nor was I sure your father would agree to my terms given the kind of blackmail and leverage that gorilla had over him. If things hadn't gone so smoothly....... I would have probably crashed your wedding day or um..... well ...... steal you away and hold you for a reverse ransom in a way. Keep you until  La Roux would agree to drop his proposal and your father signed my contact and accepted my own proposal. I'm glad it didn't resort to that extreme measure." He said sighing in relief. 

Sam listened to everything that he said in reply to her small question and statements, blushing a bit when she heard the part about treating a fair and beautiful woman like a princess and assuming he was talking about her. “You really think of me as such? I’m glad too that it didn’t end in extreme measures like what you described. I still don’t know why that stupid gorilla was blackmailing my dad or why he still wanted me after I chose you,” she asked and said in reply with a small shy smile while she had her fingers of one of her hands trail lightly over the back of his neck.

"Why wouldn't I think that way?" He stated in response to her question. "You are a queen now. Of course I'll treat my wife like the queen she is. He wanted you for political reasons. Marriage to you would combine your father's company that you stand to inherit as his only child. His business is failing as he is found unreliable in his business deals and ship captains have quit due to low wages and hard labor. Having you as a wife, he'd be legally able to enter into a partnership with your father and merge their two businesses and thus cause a hostile takeover from the inside. I however am allowing your dad to keep his business and established official trade deals so our businesses will be connected, but considered two different companies. Part of what I will teach you will involve in running your father's business as he intended to. He taught you to negotiate and everything else involved with running a company, I am going to teach you to make a contract that can't be broken by the party you're dealing with. " He explained. 

He hummed and then purred as she traced his neck leaning down to kiss hers beneath her jaw bone. "So... while we're out here, let's talk honeymoon. Where would you like to go? Anywhere in the world!" He says softly in her ear. 

“Oh and I’ve never been treated that way before is all so I’m just a bit surprised. Oh so not for love but I could of guessed that by how he treated me which wasn’t in a loving manner. I understand and I can’t wait to learn all of that so that I can be a successful businesswoman. That’s true he did,” she said in reply before letting out her own purr when he kissed her neck softly just below her jaw.

“I’ve been thinking about that and maybe we can go to the Alps? It’s been ages since I last snowboarded and I’d like to do it again or maybe we can go someplace that’s warmer instead. I’m fine with anything,” she said in reply to his soft statements and question.

"Snow.... boarded? " He said confused. "Never heard of that. Then again, I don't get much snow here, and definitely not in Hell. Alps it is. That'sssss in Switzerland? Could visit one of my contracts there who owns a lovely chocolate business and another who owes me a favor. He has a beautiful mountain home we can stay in. " His smooth tail curled around hers, and giving her a tender kiss he took her hand, lacing his claws with her fingers and started to head back to his home. 

"I've literally been around the world. Even to places that people don't even know exist yet. " he smiled. "So I can always take you somewhere else another time. Obviously we have all the time in the world."

“Well it’s ‘snowboarding’ really but it’s been awhile since I last did it. Maybe five or six years. It’s like sleding but you stand up on it instead and the board’s slightly longer with places to latch the boots onto for them to stay in place. Of course you use it on snow like a sled but I’ve also seen people use it in the desert on the sand dunes there for training purposes. Ah okay and yes. Oooh could we go to that business please please please? That sounds like a lovely place for us to stay,” she said and asked before kissing him back just as tenderly as he did her and then started to walk back to the house with him afterward.

“I’d like that and I didn’t know that we had that much time on our plates.”

Edited by SkySong278

((Snowboarding evolved from a sled. Skateboarding evolved from surfing. It was invented 1950. Snowboarding was in 1929. Old time steam punk Victorian era. Change the skateboard to "sled you stand up on" and that'll be more accurate to the time line.))

"Darling one word. Immortality. Not dieing, staying young. Fountain of youth? Of course we have lots of time. I am to be ruler until Time itself ends. And of course we'll go. Chocolate is my weakness. I haven't yet visited Switzerland without going out of my way to visit him in his shop." He chuckled.

((sorry. edited 😶))

“Oh right. Forgot and this will take some getting used to. Yay and it’s mine as well. Oh okay. I can’t wait to meet him and I bet he’s a really nice fellow,” she said with a smile before asking a few minutes later while her tail brushed against his, “When should we make plans to go?”

"Hmmm.... I wouldn't say nice. Tolerable perhaps but not exactly nice. I do contracts with all sorts of folk, mostly they are the kind of crowd you'd are more likely to avoid. Ah, and the one man who was breaching my contact before has been dealt with. His contract broken and his soul collected. " he said simply taking a longer way back, weaving around the maze so she can get a view of all the flowers in his garden. 

“Oh okay. I’ve known a lot of people like that growing up. He’s pretty much an annoying younger sibling, right? Okay and that’s good to know,” she said before looking around the garden more and at all of the pretty flowers that were there as they took a longer route back to the house. “Some of these flowers are my favorite.”

"No, zeroth is like the annoying little brother. Xanderson is more like, 'ex-criminal you're not quite sure is reformed' type person." He explained. "Ah! You'll have to point them out so I can gather some for the house. I'm particularly interested in wolf's bane and nightshade... but I don't think you should touch them. They are toxic plants, although they won't kill you, they'll cause some irritant skin like poison ivy does. " He said softly stopping at a valley of roses. "However the Turkish black rose is my absolute favorite, and the white trumpet Lilly.  To grow the black rose, I have to import the soil from the village it grows in, and it only turns black once a year if the conditions are right. Otherwise it's a very deep red color. "