TJ09

2018-02-14 - Happy Valentine's Day!

@DragonLady86 It's not supposed to flash the entire time it's loading, the page should only refresh once or twice when the dragon has gotten the flower and is returning. Also after the event, I doubt we'll get to keep the flowers but I'm sure we'll at least get to keep the cards.

Edited by Fabula

7 minutes ago, Fabula said:

I liked the way he spoke, personally. :D

Now what I loved more of him is the second item he gave me! Just made my night! hahaha :P

He's awesome! :) 

I think I've postponed long enough hoarding them!

Edited by Kegluneq

7 minutes ago, reddof-f6 said:

yours is glitched. after it loads you get a flower, which you can send to users or random. you collect cards from others.

I'm getting the flowers.  It just flashes like crazy while the dragons are "retrieving" them.

It flashes on mine too, just as the dragon is running back to you with the flower. It just means he's got one for you. You get the flowers and the cards both.

@SlyFox unless you helped with this event, you don't know that.  I'm asking what will still be around after it closes.  because last time we did not get to keep the flowers.  I'm hoping the fact that they aren't single use this time means we will, but that's currently all it is: hope.

Well, I'm glad to know it's not supposed to do that.  but I have no idea how to make it stop.  ;/

Edited by DragonLady86
don't want to double post

9 minutes ago, DragonLady86 said:

Okay, when you send a dragon is the bar supposed to load in 10secs then refresh the page 20+ times?  (each time with the bar empty again?)  because I'm really glad I'm not epileptic right now.  I'm seeing this in two different browsers and I don't like it.  Keep seeing 3 mins for it too load, haven't timed it, because I've taken to switching tabs immedently because the flashing is giving me a headache.

Do we get to keep the flowers we collect or only the cards?  last time it was only the cards which would really make me sad.  :(

Edit: second weird thing:  In Firefox I get the message/flower from the previous one.  Ie: I got the almaidine twice then everything after has been the dragon I sent before not the one I just sent out. (almrald got the almaidine, black got the almrald....yes I'm going in order.)

Is your device's clock perhaps way out of sync? The progress bar is timed based on your computer's clock, so if your computer thinks the destination time has passed, it's going to try to load the flower, but it hasn't actually been enough time yet. A quick (and accurate-enough) way to check would be to just compare your system clock with the on-site one right after loading any page.

It would be pretty neat to have the flowers stay like Easter egg and Trick or Treats things do. Will have to wait and see.

Edited by Dorchet

2 minutes ago, DragonLady86 said:

I'm getting the flowers.  It just flashes like crazy while the dragons are "retrieving" them.

@SlyFox unless you helped with this event, you don't know that.  I'm asking what will still be around after it closes.  because last time we did not get to keep the flowers.  I'm hoping the fact that they aren't single use this time means we will, but that's currently all it is: hope.

I've see on other people's scrolls from earlier Valentine's Days. They had cards and flowers on them... or with them.

2 minutes ago, SlyFox said:

I've see on other people's scrolls from earlier Valentine's Days. They had cards and flowers on them... or with them.

Yes, you kept the flowers other users sent you, but if you had any that hadn't been sent because you wanted a nice garden no.  I have a lot of cards from that year,  I was part of the thread trying to collect them all.   (which I did with a heck of a lot of work and massive amounts of help)  Not really sure I want to do that again, but it would be a shame to lose them. 

Edited by DragonLady86

Just now, MessengerDragon said:

In honour of the pun-liking wyrm, I made this! Good? Bad? Meh? :D

0coen2b.png

Very acceptable

yesjacknicholson.gif

1 minute ago, DragonLady86 said:

Yes, you kept the flowers other users sent you, but if you had any that hadn't been sent because you wanted a nice garden no. 

Oh, you're right!! We keep what we are sent by others. That's what I was seeing then. Thanks. I'll make sure to send out lots tomorrow in the hopes of getting lots back.

love the designs on everything, but i find on some card boarders it clutters around the flower sitting at the edge. i think the flower should be pushed more inward to the card, away from the edge.

The Horse dragon and his medieval , formal speech cracks me up. These dragons are such fun.

Edited by Dorchet

Just now, Sophiera said:

Is there a way we can thank the poor dragons? I feel bad for some of them.

send the sprite makers flowers? closest you can get. :lol:

Just now, reddof-f6 said:

send the sprite makers flowers? closest you can get. :lol:

I guess haha! Where are their names?

Just now, Sophiera said:

no idea unfortunately, youll have to ask TJ.

Whoa, the Bleeding Moon Dragon makes me think whether it's such a great idea to send a giant beast that could rip me apart to fetch flowers for me :lol:

4 minutes ago, Sophiera said:

4 minutes ago, reddof-f6 said:

no idea unfortunately, youll have to ask TJ.

There'll be a credits post somewhere on the first page soon-ish. It takes a while for people to compile and format the post.

9 minutes ago, Dorchet said:

The Horse dragon and his medieval , formal speech cracks me up. These dragons are such fun.

Dudebro zombie is my personal favourite.

9 minutes ago, Dorchet said:

I love him, the Shimmerscale, and the Ghostly Dragons (forgot their name, sorry!) so far!

Just now, Cassie_Fenix said:

I love him, the Shimmerscale, and the Ghostly Dragons (forgot their name, sorry!) so far!

You mean the Shadow Walker?