Lurhstaap

Allow zombie descs to show during the day

If there's already a thread for this, sorry about that! I looked, but may well have missed it if it's there.

Basically, I think zombies shouldn't display that simple "your dragon has been killed" thing during the day, and if they have a custom desc, it should always show. The former problem is exactly why so many zombie descs get bounced incorrectly as 'this dragon is dead' when it is in fact a zombie. Also, I write descs for all of my zombies, but the way it's set up now, I don't even get to see the descs except when the zombies are active. It's bad enough that the sprites are hidden most of the time. I'd really like it if the daytime text could be more something like this:

"This dragon appears to be dead, but there is a palpable aura of Death mana around it. You recognize your own spellwork, too. This must be a dormant zombie you created sometime in the past. It will 'awaken' at midnight." OR even something simple, as posted in the thread, like, "This grave has been disturbed..." (Thanks @schmupti)

As normal, the full undead desc would only appear at night when the zombie is active, but this would at least give a clear text cue that the dragon is a zombie and not dead. Also, any custom desc set by the player could then appear beneath the new 'daytime' text. 

I would settle for the custom desc, once created, to appear beneath the current 'this dragon is dead' thing, but it would seem more incongruous IMO than if there were a clearer comment about the dead dragon being undead. 

Edited by Lurhstaap

Support for this change from me, too. 

I didn't even realize this was a problem! 

I like describing my dragons and, although I haven't gotten around to doing my zombies yet... I'd hate for descriptions to be visible only PART of the time.

Edited by JavaTigress

I'm with Java on this. I didn't even realise they were hidden part of the time... I'm pretty slow on describing my dragons, but I love to do it. 

+1 support for this because my undead kiddos will one day have descriptions, too. XD

Support!

Something in the blurb to distinguish undead from dead-dead would be nice. The suggested description is neat, but even something subtle, e.g. "This grave has been disturbed," would do the trick.

And it seems a shame not to show personalized descriptions just because of the time of day - especially when the accompanying graphic is a tombstone, where so many of us finally get our 'personalized description'. ☠️

TBH I'd be completely happy with something short and subtle like "This grave has been disturbed..." too. I'd just like them to have their own distinctive 'daytime' desc, and for their custom descs to always show.

27 minutes ago, schmupti said:

Support!

Something in the blurb to distinguish undead from dead-dead would be nice. The suggested description is neat, but even something subtle, e.g. "This grave has been disturbed," would do the trick.

And it seems a shame not to show personalized descriptions just because of the time of day - especially when the accompanying graphic is a tombstone, where so many of us finally get our 'personalized description'. ☠️

Exactly what I wanted ot say

Support! I prefer the more subtle (and ~spooky~) "This grave has been disturbed."
I have described exactly one creature on my scroll, but I totally agree that descriptions for all creatures should be readable and writable regardless of time of day.

I totally didn't even realize this was a thing, zombies showing the 'your dragon has been killed' message during the day. Huh. It definitely doesn't make much sense... Even if they only come out during the night or whatever, your information about them shouldn't say killed if they are actually alive (well, undead, whatever). I don't describe my dragons but it definitely seems like it would make a lot more sense for that killed message to be, well, actually accurate.

Support.

Has been bothering me for quite a while already, it just never occurred to me to make a suggestion for that XD

Just checked on my sweet, sweet Zombie baby and its true, never noticed it and now it annoys me already.

My sweetheart is not dead, she is undead! I want Justice and a different discription now! XD

I support this - but feel it's worth pointing out that if you have a dragon that shows "this dragon has died" - unless it's only a couple of weeks old, it is GOING to be a zombie. Even tombstones don't show up when a dragon is solidly defunct.

I fully support this. I am slow to describe my dragons and its something I plan on working on this year. However it would make me sad to only see the descriptions some of the time. 

I fully support this, and I think that giving daytime zombies a spookier description would be really neat as well.

7 hours ago, Lurhstaap said:

TBH I'd be completely happy with something short and subtle like "This grave has been disturbed..." too. I'd just like them to have their own distinctive 'daytime' desc, and for their custom descs to always show.

This. I would love this.

I would ADORE a spoopy "this grave has been disturbed" description for the zombies. And while I do not have any custom descriptions, I feel, considering the owner has to write it and another person has to manually review it, it only feels right for those people's efforts to be honoured by showing it all day. (Okay, "effort" may seem to be a bit of a strong word, but it still less of an automated process than most of DC's features, and lots of people do put plenty of care into writing their descriptions.)

Edited by DorkJulian
word diversication

Definitely support, really love the sound of "This grave has been disturbed". Plus it helps differentiate which dragons are dead and which ones are the actual zombies- Halloween really jumbles me up sometimes because of it. Not to mention it just seems fitting to give them a little something unique? 

Support! I really like "This grave has been disturbed..."

1 hour ago, SkyWolf25 said:

Support! I really like "This grave has been disturbed..."

This one I LOVE !

12 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Even tombstones don't show up when a dragon is solidly defunct.

In lineages, they do.

27 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

In lineages, they do.

Yes, I can DEFINITELY verify what Ruby Eyes is saying because I happen to have a few dragons with tombstones in the lineages.

44 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

In lineages, they do.

True. But I thought it was scrolls people wanted this stuff on ?

10 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

True. But I thought it was scrolls people wanted this stuff on ?

Since when do descriptions show on scrolls?

You were refering to the fact that tombstones visible on a given scroll more than 2 weeks after their death is probably and Undead, and I pointed you to tombstones in lineages, which always show.

See this dragon? https://dragcave.net/view/n/Zmobie

It's described. Right now, you cannot tell, can you? There is not way for you to read an Undead's user description right now, unless it's your own dragon and you can access its "describe" action. I'd like her description to be seen all day round.

Edited by Ruby Eyes

I get you. I just meant that sure, dead dragons show on scrolls - but you CAN tell which are zomblies because their info shows as undead. And after 2 weeks, just deads' tombstones no longer show at all. (I do support this, don't get me wrong.)