Rekha

CB Prize Breeding

7 hours ago, bonvoyage said:

What are other people's favourites for a male bronze shimmer? I won one in the raffle last month 🙂

I like them with a) brown-ish / bronze coloured dragons, e. g. bronze Lunar, golden Floret, Starsinger, Freckled, ... -or- b) strong (dark) violet shades, e. g. Witchlights, Arcana, ...

13 hours ago, bonvoyage said:

What are other people's favourites for a male bronze shimmer? I won one in the raffle last month 🙂

I love how they look with Silver Lunar Heralds and Celestials. I have a few other 2G Bronze Shimmers in this group if you want to check those out, but most are female. Congrats on the win!

Thanks for all the ideas everyone! I'll get to breed him for the first time in a couple of days which is awesome 🙂

Finished my entire breeding list! My list is open now. Just shoot me a message and I'll put you on my cb prize's breeding list. (They're free 2gs, conditions are in my profile).

Got a shiny on the first try.

dragcave3.PNG

I noticed I won the raffle for the first time and got a CB Prize - I plan to breed it! Not knowing yet with who, but I think I'll soon know!

I got a Bronze Shimmer.

Thank you! I never thought I'd win. Participated every month without getting anything.

Huge luck this time ><

Dunno if this has been asked, but what if you fulfill an IOU egg...but that person hasn't logged on in months and never replies to PMs, and the egg ends up either growing up on your scroll or traded away because of no response? Am I still responsible for fulfilling my end, since this person's IOU egg WAS produced, but they just never logged in? Is there a point where you just assume they aren't interested anymore and forget it, or do you keep them on the 'list' or whatever, but just put them at the end? I really don't want to be one of those 'never fulfills their end' people. 

I had a Gold tinsel from silver metallic mate that ended up staying on my scroll because at the time the person who wanted her hadn't been online in 2 months and never replied to me. She/he contacted me last week, asking about their egg. So, like, seriously, what? Their excuse for not replying was "I forgot about DC for awhile". This person hasn't logged on again since sending me that PM. Is the egg forfeit, are they punted to the end of my list, or do they get first dibs on next egg? If it were me who missed accepting an egg, I would NOT expect to get firsties, but what's fair? This is the first time someone's done this since I won my tinsel.

3 hours ago, Suzumiya said:

Dunno if this has been asked, but what if you fulfill an IOU egg...but that person hasn't logged on in months and never replies to PMs, and the egg ends up either growing up on your scroll or traded away because of no response? Am I still responsible for fulfilling my end, since this person's IOU egg WAS produced, but they just never logged in? Is there a point where you just assume they aren't interested anymore and forget it, or do you keep them on the 'list' or whatever, but just put them at the end? I really don't want to be one of those 'never fulfills their end' people. 

I had a Gold tinsel from silver metallic mate that ended up staying on my scroll because at the time the person who wanted her hadn't been online in 2 months and never replied to me. She/he contacted me last week, asking about their egg. So, like, seriously, what? Their excuse for not replying was "I forgot about DC for awhile". This person hasn't logged on again since sending me that PM. Is the egg forfeit, are they punted to the end of my list, or do they get first dibs on next egg? If it were me who missed accepting an egg, I would NOT expect to get firsties, but what's fair? This is the first time someone's done this since I won my tinsel.

tbh that's your decision - i've seen some people flat out say that they don't do re-breedings, and i honestly think that's fair. sucks for the would-be recipient, but it's not your fault at all.

3 hours ago, Suzumiya said:

I would say at the very best they should go to the end of whatever list you may have for your dragon. You really did fulfill your promise to breed them the egg. If you made every reasonable effort to contact them, then it seems to me it's their fault that they "forgot" to be around to accept it.

Edited by purplehaze

23 hours ago, Suzumiya said:

So here's what I do with 2G Tinsel IOUs. If the pairing is somewhat easy to get a Tinsel from and they were truly inactive when I sent the message (no posts, didn't open the PM), then I'll add them back to the list when they return if they contact me about it. I think that's fair because sometimes more important things do come up in life that need full attention. I'm not going to punish someone for that. But they go straight to the bottom and I'll ask for an extra handful of BSAs or something as compensation for more difficult pairings. As for people who are active and just flat out refuse to pick up the egg...their loss, because I'm cancelling the teleport link after 48 hours and considering my side of the trade fulfilled. I'm not going to waste weeks of breeding on someone for the egg to just grow up on my scroll.

It's really up to you. I'm kind of strict with it because my CB Tinsel is very stubborn and I've been taken advantage of too many times. I just can't afford to make special exceptions for everyone.

Edited by The Dragoness

2 minutes ago, The Dragoness said:

So here's what I do with 2G Tinsel IOUs. If the pairing is somewhat easy to get a Tinsel from and they were truly inactive when I sent the message (no posts, didn't open the PM), then I'll add them back to the list when they return if they contact me about it. But they go straight to the bottom and I'll ask for an extra handful of BSAs or something as compensation for more difficult pairings. As for people who are active and just flat out refuse to pick up the egg...their loss, because I'm cancelling the teleport link after 48 hours and considering my side of the trade fulfilled. I'm not going to waste weeks of breeding on someone for the egg to just grow up on my scroll.

It's really up to you. I'm kind of strict with it because my CB Tinsel is very stubborn and I've been taken advantage of too many times. I just can't afford to make special exceptions for everyone.

That's what I was thinking...I feel bad if real life prevented them from logging in, so yeah...I still feel they should get it since it isn't their fault something possibly out of their hands happened. I just don't appreciate them telling me they FORGOT about DC for a few months and then still wanting the egg. Okay, you forgot about this game...and now you're back and remembered you want something interesting that forgot about until just now? Uh...maybe when I finish breeding for everyone else and get my own preferred egg, if you haven't forgotten about it again. I'm glad people don't think that's being...er, witchy.

I'm definitely not picky/selfish with my baby, because I honestly hate people like that. I will never ask for tons of rares for a 2G from her. Right now, I will seriously put a person on the list (only two people right now, three if this new PM is the person from last night replying to me) for CB Monarchs, 2G Tea/Monarchs, 3EG Black Tea from Monarch checker...non-rares, can totally be bred and hatched easily by even newbies if they put in the time. I LOVE it when people randomly give me a cheese or paper instead of the commons I said I would accept with no issue, but I'm not going to ask for like 10 Cheeses or anything. Especially not multiple CB metals or NDs. LOL. 

I just have an issue with people not contacting me for months in any way and then expecting me to instantly have their egg. Ughhhh. Maybe I should have kept her a secret (the tinsel). At least I was a tiny bit selfish and kept her second egg for myself (and fourth, the tinsel/silver from my original post). Now all my problems would be solved if the other two people would PM me again and let me know they're still interested (yes, she went through a two month dry spell of 'not interesteds') so I want to make sure the mate choice and stuff is the same, so I don't breed the wrong thing and then have to go back and try again for two months...etc. Thank you. If you love BSAs, I always seem to have a large amount of Reds and Magis (3 BSA babies right now). XD

Has anyone had luck with Sunrise, Monarch, or Black Tea? I already have 2Gs from the first two so I know shiny eggs are possible but I want to try breeding my own dragons.

And while I'm here: Silver Tinsel and Gold Shimmer. My Shimmer has only been bred once with a Starsinger--no luck. And my oh so stubborn Tinsel is still mostly interested in cooperating with Holidays, but at least she's tossing more kins these days than she did when I first claimed her. After over a month of strictly "no egg" or "no interest," I almost gave up and released her out frustration. Hopefully my Shimmer will be more generous XD

Edited by The Dragoness

1 hour ago, The Dragoness said:

Has anyone had luck with Sunrise, Monarch, or Black Tea? I already have 2Gs from the first two so I know shiny eggs are possible but I want to try breeding my own dragons.

And while I'm here: Silver Tinsel and Gold Shimmer. My Shimmer has only been bred once with a Starsinger--no luck. And my oh so stubborn Tinsel is still mostly interested in cooperating with Holidays, but at least she's tossing more kins these days than she did when I first claimed her. After over a month of strictly "no egg" or "no interest," I almost gave up and released her out frustration. Hopefully my Shimmer will be more generous XD

I haven’t tried any of those combinations because my tin is just as stubborn as yours. I just this week got my first shiny from a non holiday and I won mine the same time you won yours. https://dragcave.net/progeny/OOwTj

i do have 2G of the first 2 so I know it is possible.