Jump to content
Rekha

CB Prize Breeding

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Kiramu said:

 

If you think the monarchs are bad, I can't wait to dive into the Anagallis, Albino and Royal blue reeee

Royal Blue shouldn't be too bad at all, compared to the others. Albino is also possible. I'd definitely recommend staying away from Angallises and Monarchs, though.

Share this post


Link to post

@Kiramu, there is a topic in site discussion. Im not entirely sure how popular those breeds are for Valentine mates, but theres one for that too. Sockpuppet Strangler used to organize them 

Now someone else took over.

 

This topic is just about the AP.

 

Otherwise only TJ knows the ratios. XD 

Share this post


Link to post

I've had pretty good luck with my prize (progeny).

 

My worst luck has been with trihorns - so many kin, and quite a few no-eggs, too. Grr. 

Share this post


Link to post

I'm trying to breed a prize from an Anagallis. Do you think that's possible within the next few months?

Share this post


Link to post

Wow so many stories of good fortune with breedings and those without good fortune. I hope that mine will be doing okay. So far getting a mate from a Summer took me two months of breeding, I took a break and bred her twice with a Gaia which I believe is going to be extra hard to breed with. Now that I got my prize from the Summer I am going to go through my Prize Kin list and try to empty that out with a few breedings before breeding for the prizes again. I am taking a break from breeding for others on Valentines Day though so that I can try and breed a kin for myself.

Share this post


Link to post

You can also try rotating breedings, ie when I have a list of say 3 people, I breed for person A one week, person B the next, and person C the third.  Fourth week is mine if I choose and then I go through the list again.  That way someone with an easier pairing further down doesn't have to wait until a harder pairing is successful, and your dragon isn't all oh, gosh, not *them* again! :lol:

 

And I did get a shiny out of a Frostbite when those were new, so it *is* possible.....

Edited by prpldrgnfr

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, prpldrgnfr said:

You can also try rotating breedings, ie when I have a list of say 3 people, I breed for person A one week, person B the next, and person C the third.  Fourth week is mine if I choose and then I go through the list again.  That way someone with an easier pairing further down doesn't have to wait until a harder pairing is successful, and your dragon isn't all oh, gosh, not *them* again! :lol:

 

And I did get a shiny out of a Frostbite when those were new, so it *is* possible.....

I actually just started using a rotation, I find it actually allowed my dragon to breed properly because she was struggling up until then. It only took 3 swaps to get a prize. So who knows, maybe that's the trick.

 

Edit so as to not double post: 

 

I attempted to breed for one of my kin list requests since Silver Lunar Heralds are dropping right now and sadly no egg was produced. 

Breed

You attempt to breed the two dragons, but no egg is produced.

Edited by Rekha

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, Peachycupcake525 said:

I'm trying to breed a prize from an Anagallis. Do you think that's possible within the next few months?

 

Some time ago I swaped 2g Prizes with someone and I asked for an Anagallis as a mate. She got a Prize on the 2nd try https://dragcave.net/lineage/iZO9b

So it's possible.

 

I wasn't lucky with an offspring from that Prize yet, all I got so far are Anagallises: https://dragcave.net/progeny/iZO9b But I don't breed them on a regular basis. Just now and then when I'm thinking of it.

 

Share this post


Link to post

I hadn't counted offspring before but now looking, Metal has exactly 40 shiny babies. The vast majority are from "safe" pairings such as Xenos, Holidays or Demi-rares? I'm lucky she's willing to toss eggs, so I also upped my chances by picking easy mates. Commons are tough. I've also gone a month or two without breeding her when I take a break now and again.

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Vhale said:

I hadn't counted offspring before but now looking, Metal has exactly 40 shiny babies. The vast majority are from "safe" pairings such as Xenos, Holidays or Demi-rares? I'm lucky she's willing to toss eggs, so I also upped my chances by picking easy mates. Commons are tough. I've also gone a month or two without breeding her when I take a break now and again.

Xenos are easier to breed than commons? Well in that case I feel a bit less worried about the requests people have made. I was thinking that commons might be easier due to them being common and breeding easier. So far for requests I think the hardest are the lunar heralds because not only do I have to breed based off a calendar I have been breeding lunars with holiday dragons and mostly got no egg messages and just tried with my prize and got the same. 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Rekha said:

Xenos are easier to breed than commons? Well in that case I feel a bit less worried about the requests people have made. I was thinking that commons might be easier due to them being common and breeding easier. So far for requests I think the hardest are the lunar heralds because not only do I have to breed based off a calendar I have been breeding lunars with holiday dragons and mostly got no egg messages and just tried with my prize and got the same. 

 

I've been trying to do some Lunar x Common lineages lately and they seem to be breeding at about Trio rarity for me. I've gotten 1 prize vrs 2 lunar eggs from them. So they aren't so bad. Granted, you never know when the ratios are going to flop. But I think Lunars are popular enough they wont be too bad with prizes.

But here's Metal's kiddos so you can compare to the list

https://dragcave.net/progeny/Metal

The one x Frill is from before Frills came back to the cave, so it's an anomaly.

 

I have/had a tendency to vamp my common 2Gs as no one seemed to want them or offer on them. So if I could show deaths, there would be more common offspring than there is showing.

Edited by Vhale

Share this post


Link to post

I'm currently trying to get a prize out of a green.

I already got five green eggs. I guess I was pretty lucky to get a prize on my second ever attempt on another mate.

Share this post


Link to post

@Vhale thank you for sharing that list of made me feel a little better about some of my requests especially the Gaia that I was worried about.

 

@MadameZ I got really lucky and my first breeding resulted in 2 celestials and a prize. 

Share this post


Link to post

I'd like to share as well: https://dragcave.net/progeny/keglu

 

Harder stuff was Speckle-Throateds, Cassares and Royal Crimsons. I spent pretty much a year with just the Royal Crimsons and Cassares. I don't know what else I could share right now, but I remember a longtime ago someone suggested me to stay away from Nhios and some others. I'll see if I can find the list to avoid...

Share this post


Link to post

I finally got the Gaia to breed with my Prize. Sorry I haven't been updating as of late, I have been really ill. I am updating the first post after this.

Share this post


Link to post

Lots and lots and lots of Anagallises. (Anagalli? Anagallae?) I got another mate so she isn't breeding with the same guy each time, but it doesn't seem to have helped yet.

Share this post


Link to post

I'm so sad, I had this great plan for my CB gold tinsel that I won just last month!!!!  I'm in a group whose colors are red and gold and I was going to breed my female prize with a male red nebula...except that red nebulas are ONLY female and I just found that out :( how do I petition for nebula colors to all be male and female?! XD 

Share this post


Link to post

I'm trying to decide what I wanna breed my bronze tin to - a lunar herald? A gold? Would it be better to breed it to a common, or a holiday? Hmmmm

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Kaini said:

I'm trying to decide what I wanna breed my bronze tin to - a lunar herald? A gold? Would it be better to breed it to a common, or a holiday? Hmmmm

LOL, it depends on if you're trying for a Tin or a kin.  If you're going for a Tin, I've had luck with Gold, Silver, Coppers, and Thallassas, and of course Holidays.  Rares, Uncommons, and Holidasys are your best Tin-producing bets.  Of course, it also depends on what kind of breeder your shiny is, mine seems to be pretty good at making shinys, but I know there's at leat one owner whose shiny is horrid at making shiny babies.

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, prpldrgnfr said:

LOL, it depends on if you're trying for a Tin or a kin.  If you're going for a Tin, I've had luck with Gold, Silver, Coppers, and Thallassas, and of course Holidays.  Rares, Uncommons, and Holidasys are your best Tin-producing bets.  Of course, it also depends on what kind of breeder your shiny is, mine seems to be pretty good at making shinys, but I know there's at leat one owner whose shiny is horrid at making shiny babies.

 

I'm thinking maybe a garland? For best chance of shiny... ness.

 

But also if I bred it to a common I'd get kin eggs to trade too. HMM

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Kaini said:

 

I'm thinking maybe a garland? For best chance of shiny... ness.

 

But also if I bred it to a common I'd get kin eggs to trade too. HMM

It is a pretty combo.  Decisions, decisions!

Share this post


Link to post

You convinced me, I ended up doing the garland, it was too pretty :P And they produced for me, so how about that!

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Kaini said:

You convinced me, I ended up doing the garland, it was too pretty :P And they produced for me, so how about that!

*squees*  :lol: Congrats on your firstborn!

Share this post


Link to post

Tomorrow I'll be breeding for myself (hopefully) despite having 4 gifts to give. I'm selfish and want to own at least one of my second gen babies.

 

Gonna be doing Celestial to checker with https://dragcave.net/lineage/SzMBM

 

I accidentally made him solid, I buggered 

Share this post


Link to post

Kingcrownes are the bane of my existance for breeding, I had someone who was supposed to get a shiny from that pairing, but after a year of trying, I noticed the person hasn’t even logged into the forum in ages. So I gave up. No sense trying to get a shiny for someone who isn’t even here. I’m trying to decide what else to breed to. Male bronze tin. It’d be for myself or at most a lineage swap. His list is pretty much closed other than maybe for neglected and for lineage swaps. 

Share this post


Link to post

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.