Rekha

CB Prize Breeding

On 5/13/2018 at 1:26 PM, Kiramu said:

Tomorrow I'll be breeding for myself (hopefully) despite having 4 gifts to give. I'm selfish and want to own at least one of my second gen babies.

I make sure to earmark one try for myself when rotating breeding! Otherwise I wouldn't get to try new lineages or have an occasional egg to trade. 

Aww, no egg for me this week :( My guy produced first time and hasn't since :P

I've had pretty decent luck with Snape over the last three years despite over 40(!) tries with Anagallis and Seragamma without a shiny (I don't think their ratios have improved very much over the last few months):

These are Snape's progeny (full history here).

Tinsels: 35
Tinsel-kin: 68
Holiday: 26 (10 clutches)
No egg: 38
Refusals: 1

Sycamore, you inspired me to make a spreadsheet too!

So now that I'm keeping track, with Icarus I've had:

No egg: 3

Tinsel egg: 2

(I use fertility every time)

He produced this week! Yay!

My new Gold Shimmerscale refused my first mate of choice, a CB Holly.  I am now worried she will reject the other one as well.  Anyone else try their Prizes with Hollies?

10 minutes ago, Bodecia said:

My new Gold Shimmerscale refused my first mate of choice, a CB Holly.  I am now worried she will reject the other one as well.  Anyone else try their Prizes with Hollies?

Did you use Fertility to decrease chance of refusal?

This made me curious. Journey grew up and bred his first tinsel offspring exactly one year ago today. I by no means have bred him faithfully every week. But here are his stats. I only use fertility once in a blue moon. But he’s never refused. Good boy 😛

6 tinsels

26 commons

3 holidaykin

He has no list, and I don’t owe anyone anything. It’s a nice feeling lol. His next shiny babe is mine. 

6 hours ago, Bodecia said:

Congrats on the shiny!

That's the first second pairing I tried and got an egg on the first try. Got another egg from them at a later date with minimal fuss as well (there may have been one "no egg produced" first, don't remember anymore, but it was a quick breed). Glyphe seems to be breeding phenomenally well with most holidays though! Now, her kid from that Holly absolutely hates his 2(!) mates.

He only has 2 children - not from the lack of breeding attempts, although I don't breed them every single week, but because it's literally a "no interest" every single time. (And the second egg auto'd because I didn't even bother keeping space open that time :lol:) If I didn't use fertility for that very first time, they would have probably Refused. So, I'd say it's the luck of the draw. Throw fertility on and hope for the best! In worst case, it would be possible to restock on a different Holly at Christmastime if you have your heart set on that pairing

Edited by Yhme

3 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Did you use Fertility to decrease chance of refusal?

Yeah, so I was a little surprised. I really hope she isn't going to be one of those finicky breeders. 

Weeps, Icarus didn't produce for me this week.

So with him I'm now at 9 breedings total:

- 4 Prize produced

- 5 No egg produced

Welp, after *37* attempts, Snape finally produced a Tinsel from Seragamma. See if I ever try to get a shiny from a very common mate again... Hopefully sticking to rare and holiday mates for a little while will beef his stats back up 😆

Total Attempts: 156
Tinsels: 37
Tinsel-kin: 70

Also, a quick question for the thread. Does breeding two Prize dragons still produce only one of the two 'colors' as offspring? I remember it used to be that whichever type of egg you got the first time you bred, for example, a Gold Tinsel with a Silver Tinsel, that was the type of egg you would always get (although I don't think Tinsel/Shimmer pairings ever had that problem, but I may be wrong on that one).

@Sycamore, congratulations on Snape finally doing that thing. 

If anyone is attempting a tsunami pairing right now, I have potentially good news for you (or maybe it's just my prize, heh). I've been trying for a prizekin for a while now, and it has given me 3 prizes (plus some no egg weeks). It would be kind of fun, except my IOU is going unfulfilled.

16 hours ago, Sycamore said:

Welp, after *37* attempts, Snape finally produced a Tinsel from Seragamma. See if I ever try to get a shiny from a very common mate again... Hopefully sticking to rare and holiday mates for a little while will beef his stats back up 😆

Total Attempts: 156
Tinsels: 37
Tinsel-kin: 70

Also, a quick question for the thread. Does breeding two Prize dragons still produce only one of the two 'colors' as offspring? I remember it used to be that whichever type of egg you got the first time you bred, for example, a Gold Tinsel with a Silver Tinsel, that was the type of egg you would always get (although I don't think Tinsel/Shimmer pairings ever had that problem, but I may be wrong on that one).

Oh wow, I think that has to be the longest line of prizefails I have seen from a single mate on a prize's progeny. XD Don't know if I could honestly ever have that kind of dedication, as I would find myself exasperated after around a month or two of trying. Congratulations on finally producing a prize offspring!

And I've been wondering about your question too. Although I've seen instances in which the pairing is a Bronze Tinsel and a Silver Shimmer, and the offspring can either turn out to be a Bronze Tinsel or a Silver Shimmer, but not a mixture of between.

I've also been wanting to know... are newer dragon breeds really more difficult in breeding a prize offspring than, say, an older breed would be? I've been seeing a trend of a lot of prizefails from Zyumorphs, Fire Gems, and the recent DC birthday release breeds in particular. And from what I can tell it applies not only for 2nd gen but 3rd gen offspring and onwards too. That might explain why I rarely see any checkers even from newer releases that have been out for half a year now.

T R U M P just grew up AND - look you can make ANY joke in good taste you like, if you want to say he's not capable of growing up, that is ok with me too 😉 - and I bred him, and I fertilized him and the umm... Garland Xmas Dragons Flying Amphs? Anyways, working on that name thing, and I got my first Golden BeBe! I decided the first breeding should be with a ..... Holiday just to see if I could get something. So that is my report and I'm all flitter fluttered and confused. )

When the "breeding changes" (whatever they were exactly although I know changes were made since couples went from always producing lovers forever to now childless sad pandas), I thought there was some mention from TJ himself (I could be totally wrong, I'm really pulling on a long ago post from a year or two or more) something about also taking "breeding rests" to potentially help, specifically seeming to point to harder to breed pairs, or rarer dragons. Has anyone ever taken the reportings from giving your Shinies a week or two break from "strenuous activities" and just letting them be fanned and fed skinned grapes by their harems while they relax from such "a life of constant pressure and work" (that is more faced by their owners, but we don't get those luxuries). Is that still a thing, or was that ever proven or disproven? If you have no idea what I'm talking about, that is ok.

Edited by Natayah

7 hours ago, Natayah said:

T R U M P just grew up AND - look you can make ANY joke in good taste you like, if you want to say he's not capable of growing up, that is ok with me too 😉

This made me lol! XD 

My baby bronze shim grew up (named her Biathlete since her code has bi in it and biathlon is also a pretty great sport) and I first bred her with a White Zyu. Got one white Zyu from her, next week I'm trying with a Holiday breed to see how finnicky she really is!

Oof, Icarus is being stubborn. Tried him with a Leodon and got a big fat nothing.

Those new ones normally take a bit of time to kick in, because until "enough are bred" to meet whatever base quota or percentage, you will almost always get that "new breed" vs. the Shiny. However, things like organized Mass Breedings (that generally also focus on sending nicer line, or at least useful and often both), or the Targeted Mass Breed Raffles really make an impact on that. Hopefully we can get some those organized again at the same time as it helps everyone and there are nice prices and the AP time goes down - all benefits across the board, often getting us the AP down to incuhatchables and some people just go on a massive hatching and either re-gifting them, freezing them, or adding them to their scroll (or any other issues that may benefit lower time eggs....). Hopefully we'll see some of those come back, although they can be a lot to run so ... if they pop up again, Prize Owners (who really already know this), really really are helpful with their *OWN* breeding, so its nice to remember to encourage, promote and possibly donate to keep the interest in doing the extra work because the potential winnings are worth it, and some of those other "dragons" they collect can also be used in various other games and threads some times. I certainly feel amazingly blessed and such - but since I'm not obsessed with getting a long list of things (heck I don't even know what I really know yet, hopefully, I'll get that figured out!), but I want to help out with Player Raffles and Events in the meantime to help not only the Community, it helps me make more Gold Prize babies instead of breeding without luck for weeks and reducing frustration! And... to keep people interested in keeping the Prize/Gave Raffle each month so that even if they aren't winning, they see enough going on that they have enough going on that they are still getting fun gifts and prices!!

If that's of interest....

progeny of König Drosselbart:

https://dragcave.net/progeny/y1nFh

The only interesting thing in it might be the shiny offspring of an Anagallis that I got after 14 Tinsel kins. The Shiny from Blacktip after "only" 12 kins was a bit of a surprise, I'd thought it would be harder.

progeny of Maharani Tara:

https://dragcave.net/progeny/oPuY6

That's perhaps a bit too little to show anything. I didn't always breed them faithfully every week.

I'm starting to think that my Prize is going to be a picky breeder. I won her in the September 2018 raffle and have been breeding every week (with fertility, unccomon/rare mates, and rotating between mates weekly)...resulting in not a single shiny. It's probably still too early to tell, but the future does not look good based on her current behavior. I'm tempted to breed her with a Holiday to see if she finally produces a Tinsel.

0 Tinsels, 3 Tinselkins, 2 "no egg"

Gloriosa's progeny

Edited by The Dragoness

So my boy Hamo has only bred twice, he failed to produce the first time being bred with a Magma and gave a Shimmer kin when bred with a Black.

I'm going to be pairing him with a Blacktip for somebody once there are no more Halloweens to grab, here's hoping he'll produce some shinies soon.

4 hours ago, The Dragoness said:

I'm starting to think that my Prize is going to be a picky breeder. I won her in the September 2018 raffle and have been breeding every week (with fertility, unccomon/rare mates, and rotating between mates weekly)...resulting in not a single shiny. It's probably still too early to tell, but the future does not look good based on her current behavior. I'm tempted to breed her with a Holiday to see if she finally produces a Tinsel.

0 Tinsels, 3 Tinselkins, 2 "no egg"

Gloriosa's progeny

We've already kinda talked about this but... even though Xenos are considered rare (mostly) they tend to vary A LOT in their offspring ratios depending on whichever your prize likes best (~kinda).

Example: Gwyndolin's progeny

Out of 4 Mageia breedings: only 1 kin (even though I desperately need another!) and 3 Tinsels - 1 of them is currently fogged.

Out of 7 or 8 Gaia breedings: 5 kins, no Tinsels, ~2 "no eggs produced" with the regular Gaia mate + tried another Gaia that didn't even want to produce an egg on their first breeding (not going to bother with her again)

Also, another Example: My sister's Gold Tinsel (from the same raffle as yours)

Okay, 3 of those mates were technically (like) a Holiday but still... first time breeding with a Balloon - did NOT see that shiny coming :o

Maybe try a Holiday for once like you said (just so you can finally get a shiny "happy rush" feeling for yourself ;) )

1 hour ago, Soulsborne said:

Out of 4 Mageia breedings: only 1 kin (even though I desperately need another!) and 3 Tinsels - 1 of them is currently fogged. 

Dang, that crushes my hopes of one day possibly trading for a Mageia of that sort XD

Are the stats with Zyus similarly bad?

16 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Dang, that crushes my hopes of one day possibly trading for a Mageia of that sort XD

That's probably only my "problem" and all other Mageias behave normal (...it's strange to complain about getting a prize rather than a kin but that's a curse if you need the kin...)

I'm thinking about catching another Mageia for this 🙄

Can't say anything about Zyus - haven't tried them yet and currently no chance to do so with all the IOUs going on.

9 hours ago, Soulsborne said:

We've already kinda talked about this but... even though Xenos are considered rare (mostly) they tend to vary A LOT in their offspring ratios depending on whichever your prize likes best (~kinda).

Example: Gwyndolin's progeny

Out of 7 or 8 Gaia breedings: 5 kins, no Tinsels, ~2 "no eggs produced" with the regular Gaia mate + tried another Gaia that didn't even want to produce an egg on their first breeding (not going to bother with her again)

Also, another Example: My sister's Gold Tinsel (from the same raffle as yours)

Okay, 3 of those mates were technically (like) a Holiday but still... first time breeding with a Balloon - did NOT see that shiny coming :o

Maybe try a Holiday for once like you said (just so you can finally get a shiny "happy rush" feeling for yourself ;) )

Yeah, I've tried with Gaia and Thalassa and definitely noticed that a bit when breeding. The Thalassa has produced kins both times but the Gaia gave me nothing. While I would love to get a shiny out of my Tinsel, at least I haven't gotten any refusals or "no interest" messages yet. 

Besides, I bet a Silver Tinsel x Arcana pairing would be gorgeous. Now I have a reason to try it!

7 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

I haven't bred my CB Tinsel to any Zyus, but I do have this 2G Bronze Tinsel x Pink Zyu. A CB Prize might be more stubborn than a 2G, but, as you can see, he isn't the best breeder to begin with. There have been many "no egg" weeks. I was pretty surprised when his mother produced a 2G Prize egg on the first breeding attempt made by the person I traded with. I also have a 2G Bronze Tinsel x Sinomorph. Not quite a Zyu pairing, but I find it interesting that she has produced so many Tinsel eggs. 

I don't breed my 2G Prizes weekly or use fertility on them, so that may affect the results a little bit. Hopefully my examples are somewhat helpful though.

Edited by The Dragoness

I look back on almost seven months of pretty successfully producing Shimmer offspring from her:

https://dragcave.net/progeny/5Tha2

She produced nine Shimmer eggs, one of which died unfortunately after I traded it away (for a CB Gold, I feel so bad).

The last challenge I had was an IOU with a Whiptail. Still took only about six weeks to produce Shimmer offspring.

I sometimes call her my little rabbit. 😆