Paradisiske

Marketplace

well eatw is gone (rip) and i've seen people complaining that trading is a whole lot slower now. i personally liked the marketplace too

so my suggestion is an ingame marketplace

it would basically be the same as eatw, you put a teleport link up along with a preset message by the game such as

"Thanks for trading with me!"

"Pm *username* on the forums for more information."

"Looking for cb *breed*"

*Looking for bred *breed*

Preset messages can be combined if needed.

There would be no actual ingame communication between players.

I am positive this has been suggested before, but the search function of the forums has been buggy for me. Either way, I support this. Yeah, we can just trade on the forum (which is what I've always done), but that can be a major hassle.

4 minutes ago, LibbyLishly said:

I am positive this has been suggested before, but the search function of the forums has been buggy for me. Either way, I support this. Yeah, we can just trade on the forum (which is what I've always done), but that can be a major hassle.

all i've seen from searching around was the store and another marketplace which both deal with actual ingame currency. theres no currency for this suggestion just regular trading.

we can have trading ingame and in the forums. 

heck im sure that if people really wanted to we could have like a wonder gift function like in pokemon

Please no direct scroll to scroll messaging.

Strong support. From my experience trading in the forums tends to be rather slow, and all too often when I put something up for trade I get next to no offers. It feels as if everyone in the trading forums want only CB metallics/Zyus/Xenos or 2Gs from spriter's alts and Shimmers or Tinsels or an arm and a leg and your firstborn child.

The Dragonmarket was where I managed to snag (2) 2nd Gen Prizes for almost nothing in return. It's somewhere where people could post their Trades without being harassed, and I think that is what was appealing to those people. I also saw that even my simple Trades moved a lot faster there than just directly in the Forums here. I would like to see an Official Marketplace of sorts. And I know I'm beating a dead horse by suggesting this, but I'd love to see it be a branch of Trader's Canyon (The Store).

Just now, PREDATOR said:

The Dragonmarket was where I managed to snag (2) 2nd Gen Prizes for almost nothing in return. It's somewhere where people could post their Trades without being harassed, and I think that is what was appealing to those people. I also saw that even my simple Trades moved a lot faster there than just directly in the Forums here. I would like to see an Official Marketplace of sorts. And I know I'm beating a dead horse by suggesting this, but I'd love to see it be a branch of Trader's Canyon (The Store).

ah i would really appreciate it if all talk about the store suggestion was kept to a minimum here. this is a suggestion that has nothing to do with the store as far as i can see. 

Nah, it's not directly related to Trader's Canyon, but at least to me, it would make sense to be a branch off of it. I would like an Official Trading market type thing regardless if it was attached to that suggestion or not, but like I said, I think it would make sense. That's why I only wrote a single sentence about it, rather than making my entire comment about that one thing, since it doesn't have to be attached. But oh well, I've said my piece. I'm out. XD

I know I've seen this kind of suggestion before, and supported it then. Of course, I still support it now.

One additional thing, though: I'd like to be able to add a limited (?) number lineage links to the preset messages. As in, "Looking for a mate for this dragon unrelated to this one."

That being said, I think the marketplace on EATW was pretty much perfect, with all the egg sprites available, not to mention some of the mesh-ups (gold/silver, any shimmer, any tinsel, any trio...)

Edited by olympe

I only peeked at the Marketplace on EATW a couple times, but it did seem like a pretty good setup. Simple and straight-forward but with everything needed, and I liked the flexibility in being able to ask for "any shimmer" etc. I normally don't like in-cave trading suggestions because most of them include direct communication between users, some sort of messaging system, and I definitely do not want that. But something like EATW's Marketplace seems like it would be good.

Support. An in-game marketplace would be very convenient when one just wants to set up a trade without much hassle; it takes more effort to add images and lineage links of the things you have/want in forum posts, while in EATW it was extremely simple to pick from the list. Makes it easier not only to set up your own trade, but to find offers that interest you as well. Plus, personally I've sometimes been reluctant to post in the forums about a trade because people might PM offers instead of just putting them in the teleport, and I don't feel like or don't have time to exchange messages about it. 

A simple in-game trading system with no messaging system attached sounds perfect.

Support. Trades on the forums have been very slow for me lately and I had resorted to posting either on EATW exclusively or a combo of EATW/forum to get things to move. With EATW gone, I see the necessity of an in-game marketplace if a fansite does not step on and make one itself. I think that a marketplace on DC would also be safer from attacks since TJ has already taken steps to secure the site. 

Edit: Also supporting the desire for no communication needed to do this. EATW had it perfect where you choose how you want to be contacted whether via PM or posting a teleport link only. Sometimes I do want to do quick trades without "talking" and I have had people ask me why I put "no PMs" on my trades. I've been away from the computer more often than not and a marketplace would help with the hassle of setting up trades via mobile or when I just don't have time for a lot of communication. 

Edited by Jazeki

4 hours ago, CellyBean said:

all i've seen from searching around was the store and another marketplace which both deal with actual ingame currency. theres no currency for this suggestion just regular trading.

we can have trading ingame and in the forums.

heck im sure that if people really wanted to we could have like a wonder gift function like in pokemon

I actually suggested a Wonder Trade function a while back. e: here it is

I know I've seen a thread like this before, but I still support the idea. There's no real replacement for EATW's marketplace right now, and it makes more sense for teleport to be easily usable on-site, without the forums.

4 hours ago, fuzzbucket said:

Please no direct scroll to scroll messaging.

I personally despise that there's no way to message people on-site. Make it an option, but let people disable it if they really hate it.

As for the topic at hand, I'd be okay with this. Never really used EATW that much, and thus didn't use the marketplace, but what I saw of it looked more convenient than the forums.

And ooh, a wonder trade could be interesting too (and wouldn't be full of hacks like Pokemon's is).

Well, there's one very big advantage to a marketplace: You need to do a whole lot less scrolling than on the forums. Trading posts can be quite long. Add signatures to the mix, not to mention excessive wishlists...

Another good thing for a marketplace would be filters. One for what is on offer (if you're looking for something specific), and one for what the other person is looking for (if you have something specific you want to trade).

2 minutes ago, olympe said:

Well, there's one very big advantage to a marketplace: You need to do a whole lot less scrolling than on the forums. Trading posts can be quite long. Add signatures to the mix, not to mention excessive wishlists...

Another good thing for a marketplace would be filters. One for what is on offer (if you're looking for something specific), and one for what the other person is looking for (if you have something specific you want to trade).

hmm so you mean kind of like the gts on pokemon? so basically when you set up a trade there will be a list of dragon breeds to choose from and you click which one you want along with a preset message and bam your trade is created. and someone whos looking for dragons can selectively filter by choosing which dragon breed they are looking for and all the ones that are for trade show up.

I think a filter would almost be needed- if a lot of trades are active at once, it'd be hard to look through them all otherwise.

I don't really play Pokémon. (Okay, I did. But I never went into trading and stuff.) So, uh, maybe? :unsure:

Personally, I think that an in-cave marketplace would be waaay more popular than EATW since it's on site, not on an external site. So, yes, we'd probably absolutely need filters. And even if we didn't exactly need them, I think they would come in handy. Just check what you're looking for, and the site shows you just those things.

Having a reverse filter would also be an excellent addition to the marketplace. You don’t want to scroll through hundreds of other offers to find one asking for what you’ve got. You could use a search function that searches the “want” list and brings back only trades asking for things you have on your scroll, as either eggs or hatchlings.

Support. I was heartbroken when I heard EATW was shut down permanently. I'm SO close to completing scroll goals, so I relied heavily on the dragonmart. Trading on the forums seems very sluggish compared to EATW. Please, please, please make something like this! I fell I'm going to have to scramble to be able to get those final 3 cb golds with no dragonmart :(

As much as I agree, I don't think either the DC marketplace or the Trader's Canyon (in-game shop) depend on each other. As a matter of fact, both can improve the game significantly without the other being a thing.

On 06/01/2018 at 8:03 AM, jinglepupskye said:

Having a reverse filter would also be an excellent addition to the marketplace. You don’t want to scroll through hundreds of other offers to find one asking for what you’ve got. You could use a search function that searches the “want” list and brings back only trades asking for things you have on your scroll, as either eggs or hatchlings.

I think this is a great idea. I love the idea of being able to filter a system like this based on what you already have on your scroll. Sounds useful and efficient. :)