Kaityn

Cleaning up AP from Halloween

I've been doing this for a few days already. I am seeking some eggs that I know are behind this wall and hoped to be able to influence them

Well, it's not gonna happen anymore but I still want to speed it up. So yeah, I am on it :P

I can't pick up things to hatch right now, but I'm putting them into ERs, so far

I've been doing that ever since they dropped under 4 days. Grab 8, hatch, throw back. Grab the next 8, hatch, throw back. Have the next bunch already cracking. :)

11 hours ago, Kaityn said:

I know there are non-Halloween eggs behind all these Holidays that are dying in droves at this point.

Just curious-- how do you know that, and why is it? Why would people be breeding non-holiday eggs and manually releasing them to the AP during Halloween?

3 hours ago, Guillotine said:

As a note, hatchlings usually grow up in the AP when it's this low. If you want them to be picked up as hatchlings, either take them out of hatcheries beforehand (although they'll probably still get caught in the purge before they get low enough to appear) or only "dump" them with teleports.

They may grow up in the AP if they get low enough on time, but a fresh hatchling goes back to 7 days left, so there is some time gained anyway.

5 minutes ago, tjekan said:

Just curious-- how do you know that, and why is it? Why would people be breeding non-holiday eggs and manually releasing them to the AP during Halloween?

I don't know exactly where Kaityn got their info, but I've seen this happen several times in the last few years. After the holiday wall breaks, there will be low time regular eggs behind it. I don't know why, but people do it.

I guess I could. I have plenty of space. So, after I hatch them, I just lob them back to the AP??

21 minutes ago, tjekan said:

It's something I've seen every year. Whenever the holiday wall breaks, there are a ton of non-holiday eggs with super low times right behind. 

11 minutes ago, Riverwillows said:

I guess I could. I have plenty of space. So, after I hatch them, I just lob them back to the AP??

You certainly can, and I've been doing a lot of that today. But if you prefer, you can always use a one-way teleport to give the hatchies away too. The hatchies that have a really nice lineage I've been giving away over in departures - some examples are a 5G SW x silver checker, a 6G PB Pumpkin, etc. 

Come to think of it, I feel I misnamed the thread. I think I should have called it "The Great Halloween Hatching" or something because there are just so many eggs, and while many people are scroll-locked, using a few slots to hatch and toss back resets the growing timer, and makes it just a bit easier to find space on someone's scroll (or grow up wild, if they are in the AP that long!)

Holy Omelette Batman, these eggies wanna hatch!! I'm on my third full batch in about an hour.....no sooner than I get them into hatcheries, than they are hatching!! Under 1000 views too!! lol.....

I'll do this a few more times, then I need to get back to modding.

Too bad these guys are too low time to bite now. 

I'd make some last minute Halloween vamps, but it is not to be.

Currently, the graveyard is empty. Who knows how long it will stay that way. (Do AP eggs even count towards the graveyard?)

Now, to keep tossing eggs back into the AP as hatchlings. 

I've been doing this too. Now, my scroll is locked. And I'm almost reached to freezing limit.

Since past halloween CB eggs released last halloween event, I couldn't focus work on lineages well...

But I'll keep taking AP halloween eggs until common eggs appeared.

Edited by Kyath The Dream Worker

Does anybody know if an uninfluenced egg will always be the same gender no matter on whose scroll it hatches?

If so, I wonder if it would be a good idea to make a list of eggs we precog'd to prevent more users from wasting their Aeons on the same misgendering egg.

(E.g. my Aeon says that the Desipis egg 1kLH* will be female, so I'm tossing it back because I only want to make "normal" checker lineages.)

influence doesn't stick to eggs, you have to hatch them on the same scroll. As far as precogs it might be better to take requests than try to use it on eggs randomly and hope a forum user finds the thread that discusses it.

I know influence doesn't stick, but all the eggs currently in the AP are not influenced, and I wonder if their gender is 100% fixed or if it can change when they are picked up.

I assume everybody is running out of precogs very quickly. I only use it on eggs I would absolutely want to keep if they were the right gender. The others I send back to the AP, where they will be picked up by someone else. Now if that other person is also interested in checker lineages, they'll waste their own Aeon just to find out it will gender wrong, and toss it back for yet another person to find... So I thought if the first person had posted the precog result in a list on the forum (with partially censored code of course), nobody would have to precog that egg again, and someone who likes reverse checkers (or doesn't care about lineages at all) could take it.

Anyway I think the AP probably moves to fast for this to make sense. 

9 hours ago, olympe said:

They may grow up in the AP if they get low enough on time, but a fresh hatchling goes back to 7 days left, so there is some time gained anyway.

Which is what I was referring to with the purge comment. I doubt they'll exist long enough to grow up or be picked up if dumped to the AP.

I think that normal eggs survive the Halloween wall to some degree, just because I vaguely recall people seeing bred times that otherwise wouldn't make sense last year. I could be misremembering, though.

3 hours ago, Confused Cat said:

So I thought if the first person had posted the precog result in a list on the forum (with partially censored code of course), nobody would have to precog that egg again, and someone who likes reverse checkers (or doesn't care about lineages at all) could take it.

Anyway I think the AP probably moves to fast for this to make sense. 

... which is sad, because the same thing is happening to me :(. I just tossed back a beautiful Lurker / Thalassa checker, a Gold / Grave and two wonderful Grave / Tsunami Wyvern checkers (from the same batch) after precogging.

Edited by Fly-by-Night

That's why I bred my Halloweens only on request. That's also why, usually, there is only one egg produced nowadays. When I started playing, several eggs for the default.

Still hatching as many eggs as possible and sending back hatchlings. Hopefully they will gain some time and people will pick them up. I'm glad they hatch quite quickly today.

We might want to make a game out of it next year. Maybe more people would take part.

1 minute ago, Solanatsea said:

That's why I bred my Halloweens only on request. That's also why, usually, there is only one egg produced nowadays. When I started playing, several eggs for the default.

Still hatching as many eggs as possible and sending back hatchlings. Hopefully they will gain some time and people will pick them up. I'm glad they hatch quite quickly today.

We might want to make a game out of it next year. Maybe more people would take part.

I like this idea! Here are my thoughts on this, but I'd love some feedback:

• Game Would be announced with rules, etc., at least a week before the halloween events begin (so two weeks before Halloween). This is to give people some time to prepare and plan if they want to participate.
  • Game does not begin until eggs in the AP hit either incuhatchable or hatchable. Need feedback here - hatchable is more fair, but if we start at incuhatchable, we can (hopefully) keep egg times in the influencable range a bit longer.
  • Hatchlings returned to the AP or gifted would count toward the game. While I think adding eggs to hatcheries and sending them back to the AP might help for the non-holiday eggs that get blocked by the wall, the AP, even being as stuffed as it is around Halloween, moves too quickly for this to have much of an affect for the holiday eggs. I've picked up several of these, and by the time I pick them up to hatch them, the most one egg has had was maybe 300 views.
  • IF people want to track how many eggs they've hatched for the game, it would be via reporting the codes (no lineage or view links, as the dragons that are hatched are ultimately on someone else's scroll.
  • Yes, everyone is welcome to keep something nice that they find, but that egg would not count toward the game

I like the idea of doing it as some kind of game next year. It would certainly give people that little extra incentive to hatch the wall.

For now I'm gonna be putting some of the hatchlings over on departures, until my magi run out or I end up locked again, at least. I've already found a couple of (thankfully precogged right) keepers XD And this negates the risk they'll grow up on the AP.

5 minutes ago, SheridanCharon said:

For now I'm gonna be putting some of the hatchlings over on departures, until my magi run out or I end up locked again, at least. I've already found a couple of (thankfully precogged right) keepers XD And this negates the risk they'll grow up on the AP.

I'm all out of Magis so I'm having to send even the really nice ones back to AP. :( *makes note to have more Magis next year* Well, Magis, Pinks, and Aeons - I ran dry of all of them this year. LOL

Yeah I just ran out of Precogs and managed to find some really nice checkers, but after this, I'm only going to keep PBs or CBs unfortunately. :( I think we let too many Halloweens loose XD 

vv Wow that's perfect.

Edited by Earth Gurl