TJ09

2017-08-28 - August Dragon Release

I love birbos, hence I like Khusas too.
I need to get more CB Ridgewings for the hybrid now that I like their adult sprite.

Regarding Carinas, I think if the wing flames were smaller and there was more wing color (instead of trying to fit that much color into a tiny space!), they'd look better. But overall I like them.

I foresee myself and a lot of other people building Carina armies on their scrolls! They're just so PRETTY! I wants them all! :D

And once again the new dragons look amazing. The Carina's look beautifull and I like the Khusa dragons look fun.

These new dragons look amazing! So gorgeous~ I can't wait to start filling my scroll up with these guys!  ^-^

Gotta say, though, that Hybrid pairing did take me by surprise; I'm not complaining, however, I love it! <3

Thank you TJ, artist, and anyone else involved with making these dragons. :D 

3 hours ago, Metal-n-Monster said:

Regarding Carinas, I think if the wing flames were smaller and there was more wing color (instead of trying to fit that much color into a tiny space!), they'd look better. But overall I like them.

I have to agree with you, there's just too much going on. Also when I look at the Khusa ones, all I see it Ho-oh from pokemon. The wings look so familiar and the wings too.

57 minutes ago, Dame_Jedi said:

I have to agree with you, there's just too much going on. Also when I look at the Khusa ones, all I see it Ho-oh from pokemon. The wings look so familiar and the wings too.

As someone who LOVES Ho-Oh... I disagree.

African-harrier-hawk-landing.jpg

acf51a68d1c6c2860cde53b2604ce708.jpg

THIS is what you see. The wings are at an angle, with long primaries sticking out.

Edited by Orchi'dea

Are those adults supposed to be blurry?  Is it just my monitor?  Maybe I'm getting a migraine?  For me, they're hard to look at.

Wonderful dragons, wonderful concept but this relase remains bitter-sweet to me.

I love this hybrid since i saw it in the dragon request section and i will repeat my crit once more: the body has a white shade that it is unnecessary in my opinion. I loved the high contrast between the black body and those star-like marks, but this faded when the white shade was added. The blue flames are majestic, but so big that almost cover wings and details, they give enough brightness to the sprites even without the addition of the white shade.

I know my opinion was supported by other users besides me, i feel like it has just being ignored. I support the jump back that all the completed dragon request made back to the "Dragon request" section, because there were many concept that needed to be polished out. Honestly i don't see any change made to improve the Carina before their official relase, imho.

Khusa dragons are funny looking and lovely made. I rarly appreciate dragons with plumage and feathers, but this one adds variety and looks original. I also like the shades on his belly.

9 hours ago, Infinis said:

--khusa can fluff their feathers to make themselves appear larger.

This is extremely important.

Hey, guys!

Just wanted to give a quick update on the Carinae: Playdoh and I hear your concerns about the wing flames, and we're working on reducing their size a bit so you can see more of the wings. It'll be a little while before this goes live--'tis the nature of these things--but do know that we've taken your words to heart and are doing the best we can to fix the problem.

Thanks for your patience!

Pie

Edited by PieMaster

16 minutes ago, PieMaster said:

Hey, guys!

Just wanted to give a quick update on the Carinae: Playdoh and I hear your concerns about the wing flames, and we're working on reducing their size a bit so you can see more of the wings. It'll be a little while before this goes live--'tis the nature of these things--but do know that we've taken your words to heart and are doing the best we can to fix the problem.

Thanks for your patience!

Pie

In before people then complain that the flames aren't big enough :P

But seriously, I love how they look now, but at the same time I'm interested in seeing how they turn out :) You guys do great work!

Bless you, Pie, Playdoh... It is very kind of you to undertake an update so soon after their release, and I can't think how to express how wonderful this kind of response is. Thank you for the release, and thank you for going the extra mile. We are very lucky. ❤️

Really loving the extra info on the Khusa, they seem like very sweet birdies.

Wow Pie, Playdoh, thank you for the consideration to our words. I honestly think the Carinas would be very, very beautiful if the flames were toned down a bit, so I really look forward to seeing what the update looks like!

Aw, I actually like the flames on the Carinae. I appreciate every effort made by the spriters.

49 minutes ago, andromedae said:

Aw, I actually like the flames on the Carinae. I appreciate every effort made by the spriters.

Don't worry, we're not getting rid of any of the flames! Rather, we're just reducing the wing flames' size a bit to hopefully make the sprite feel more balanced, since a lot of people felt the wing flames were too distracting.

24 minutes ago, PieMaster said:

Don't worry, we're not getting rid of any of the flames! Rather, we're just reducing the wing flames' size a bit to hopefully make the sprite feel more balanced, since a lot of people felt the wing flames were too distracting.

Oh, that's nice to hear, then. Can't wait to see the update! I'm sure you guys will make the sprite turn out to be even more beautiful.

Oh man. Since someone mentioned the Khusa sprite looking like Ho-Oh, I can't unseen it! Even the pose reminds me of Ho-Oh in attack mode! :lol: Also, I didn't have any complaints about the Carinae, but it's great to see Pie so engaged with the feedback and keen to upgrade. Thank you, Pie and Playdoh! <3 

These guys are absolutely lovely!

YEA FOR MORE FLUFFY DRAGONS!

Edit: And thank you TJ and spriters for this lovely release!

Edited by Shokomon

Water themed and space themed dragons are my favorites so Carinae are just right! :)

Khusas are really different, and I like that. More variety! But they're definitely gonna take some getting used to for me. Breeding mine should help with that!

5 hours ago, StormWizard212 said:

Oh man. Since someone mentioned the Khusa sprite looking like Ho-Oh, I can't unseen it! Even the pose reminds me of Ho-Oh in attack mode! :lol: Also, I didn't have any complaints about the Carinae, but it's great to see Pie so engaged with the feedback and keen to upgrade. Thank you, Pie and Playdoh! <3 

Lol same here with the Khusa sprite. I had no idea who Ho-Oh was, but after looking it up, yup, can't unsee it lol.

Ho-oh aside, my initial impression was it looked like a hawk trying to cough a hairball, lol. But that could just be me. 

Carinae is ok. The wings feel a little much to much and I agree with the the blurry comments. But it's a fun concept and beautiful otherwise.

They'll be fun to create lineages with! Love having hybrids.

15 hours ago, Orchi'dea said:

As someone who LOVES Ho-Oh... I disagree.

THIS is what you see. The wings are at an angle, with long primaries sticking out.

Yes. Thank you for bringing ornithology into this - the pose is basic and widespread among many real and fictional flying creatures. It's not as if you can pin a pose on a certain character

@PieMaster and @Playdoh - I am glad you took our criticism of your dragon so graciously and plan to work out a way to make the wings even more lovely. Thank you for your responsiveness.