TJ09

2017-08-28 - August Dragon Release

I love the Khusa, it's so goofy-looking :lol: I'm slightly disappointed by the Carina though, I was hoping for something less... busy. Not that its design isn't totally beautiful anyway, it just wasn't what I expected.

Interesting adults. They definitely look different and add more variety to the cave, that's great!

Thank you, spriters!

25 minutes ago, DorkJulian said:

They look derpy because bearded vultures/lammergeiers ARE derpy!

bearded-vulture-bird.jpg

Such cuties! They're my favorite vultures.

I really like the pose for the Khusa! It lines up so well with the description of how they attack - I like how it's flying down from above and you definitely feel the motion of the image. It's pretty fun and unique and specific to the breed. And I love the bird inspiration and the fluffy feathers on the body. The eye also really stands out which I feel like is not always the case with new dragons - it's really easy for those to get lost in the sprite. I like the beady red. Fun new release!

Thank you to all the spriters for the new dragons <3

Wait, they're based on Lammergeiers? :o 

BEARDIES! :wub::wub::wub: 

I've always loved Vultures, but the Lammergeier/Bearded (or Beardies, I always call them since I can never pronounce the proper name XD) is my favourite, so this just knocked the Khusas up my fav list like....20 places.

15 minutes ago, Moiken said:

Aaaaaand wasn't around.. I hope they aren't rare. -.-

Khusas are still there pretty regularly! I mean, there are regular eggs in the biomes, too, but I've been picking up new eggs since my first batch hatched with no problem at all. :)

(Also I'm so glad my 800th post was me posting a picture of a bird. Considering what a bird nerd I am, it's only appropriate.)

Edited by DorkJulian

Wow, the adults are lovely! I especially like the blue-green Carinas.

However, I'm not seeing breed descriptions on either of these guys pages. Is that intentional or what?

I really don't like the Carinas. They're just way too busy.

The Khusas on the other hand though are lovely. Been wanting a proper birb-dragon for awhile now. Hopefully we see more in the future. I wonder if they dye their feathers like lammergeiers do o:

Edited by frozenboundary

7 minutes ago, Sunfeathers said:

Wow, the adults are lovely! I especially like the blue-green Carinas.

However, I'm not seeing breed descriptions on either of these guys pages. Is that intentional or what?

Breed descriptions have been moved to the very top of the description during the last site update. So just have a look below the numbers. ;) 

1 hour ago, DorkJulian said:

They look derpy because bearded vultures/lammergeiers ARE derpy!

bearded-vulture-bird.jpg

Thanks for the picture. What a cool bird. I can see the resemblance.

I have to agree that the Carinas are way too "busy", mostly because of the flames. The flames just look way too messy and seem completely unnecessary.

I'm not a huge fan of Khusas, either. Sure, they're supposed to look "derpy" because of what they're based on, but I think they might be a little TOO bird-like.

A rather disappointing release, but... eh. We've had worse.

56 minutes ago, Luxrayx said:

I'm slightly disappointed by the Carina though, I was hoping for something less... busy. Not that its design isn't totally beautiful anyway, it just wasn't what I expected.

I have to agree. I really want to like them more, but there is just way too much going on there. The colors and the markings are beautiful and the sprite is well done. Adding so many flames just puts it way over the top. It is just not to my taste, I guess. Nevertheless it is an interesting addition to the cave and I shall experiment with lineages.

The Khusas are more my style -- lots of detail, but not overdone. Fluffy, but fierce. I like that.

Thanks to all the spriters and to TJ for this new release.

the longer i look at the khusa, the more i like them. the egg immediately captured my attention, and i love the way the colors and shading carried through from hatchlings to adult. <3

Ahhh!!! I got 4 Khusa hatchlings and 3 Carinae  but AP seems to have sucked all Carinae eggs. I can't find the last Purple Ridgewing x Blue Nebula I need >.< 

I like the Khusas, fluffy birds, quite cool idea using a Bearded vulture (Bartgeier in german, just named one like this XD)

I love how happy the Khusa looks, and the hybrids are pretty cool. I actually like the idea of shooting stars, though still seems a little out of character for the two dragons used to make it.

They've grown up! :D Loving these two new breeds. Thank you TJ and spriters!

I think the Khusa's are cool, I really love birds. :) The Carinae's are so pretty, still, maybe a bit less flames. 

The adults are amazing. The Carinae and the Khusa are both so original and so well done. They don't look or act like any other dragons. I hope the "though a rare sight" in the Carinae description isn't true, because I want so many more of them on my scroll. Well done, Spriters. Both dragons are amazing.

Odd that khusas have lost their beaks that they had as hatchlings (or it's a white beak with fangs?) But I love them. They have a never ending story type feel to them. 

I agree that the hybrids are overcrowded.

3 minutes ago, Mangrit said:

Odd that khusas have lost their beaks that they had as hatchlings (or it's a white beak with fangs?) But I love them. They have a never ending story type feel to them. 

I agree that the hybrids are overcrowded.

It could always be that they had egg teeth?