TJ09

2017-08-28 - August Dragon Release

1 minute ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Was probably just a working title.

Curious if my memory is correct :lol:

I'm glad I don't stalk DR. It must be so tiring :)

Oooh, I love the Khusas! Can't lie, their hatchlings look quite unremarkable to me, but the adult sprite looks amazing!

OMG KHUSA

NEW FAVORITE DRAGON

IVE BEEN WANTING A PROPER BIRD DRAGON FOR AGES

THANK YOU INFINIS

It was so neat to see that my smooth and shiny eggs had hatched today and that TJ:s dragons had grown up on the same day! Both of the new breeds are lovely, the Khusa looks so happy and fluffy and the Carina is simply majestic, I love nightly themes. :)

Thank you TJ and spriters for the awesome release!

I love both of the new dragons ♥ 

Also is that a feather or a tongue by the head of adult Khusa? 

Wow, the Khusa! 

That's one bad*** chicken dragon! :lol: Such a very distinguished look!

Welp. Time to hoard Nebula and Ridgewings, because the Carinas are GORGEOUS! (Even though the wings on the female definitely look greenish to me) And the Khusa, love the bird like look they have to them. Would love to know which bird they were based on, though they still remind me of a Griffon Vulture.

Edited by SheridanCharon

Love the Khusa's derpy face. They look like a very happy dog :lol:

The Carina are pretty too. Curious how they'll look in lineages. Nice release.

I cannot handle the cuteness of Khusas!! Such a cute, derby dragon-birb, I love them!

Definitely not fond of the new Khusa Dragons. Not my taste. I'll complete my Scroll Goals for them but that's about it. *shrugs*

Okay, they've grown on me, the big derpy angry chickens...

Edited by Metal-n-Monster

The name khusa doesn't come from anywhere, it's just a word. They're based on lammergeiers.

I love both of them so much omg,,,,,my only qualm (not even that really) is how the Carinas have blue fire, and their mannerisms. Basically, I don't really understand how they're a hybrid of Nebula and Ridgewing. Absolutely beautiful though!

2 minutes ago, Infinis said:

The name khusa doesn't come from anywhere, it's just a word. They're based on lammergeiers.

Is that a tongue or a feather by the adult's head? :)

You never disappoint with your sprites, keep up the amazingly gorgeous work ♥ 

Curious - why the name Carina? In spanish, it's a common name XD I'd like to know the meaning behind it

Ahhh, bearded vulture dragons! What cuties :D

Love the Carinas too, although I think they would've made a lot more sense as Falconiform x Nebula hybrids (with modified wings, of course). The blue flames kinda came out of nowhere for a Neb x Ridge mix. 

1 minute ago, FoxintheBox said:

Is that a tongue or a feather by the adult's head? :)

You never disappoint with your sprites, keep up the amazingly gorgeous work ♥ 

beard. c:

thanks ~

I like the Khusa dragons a lot more than I thought I would. I was honestly expecting a derpy-looking dodo dragon from the hatchlings. Glad I was wrong.

I'm indifferent about Khusas. But it's nice to have some feathery bird-like dragon in DC. Plus their description - they're like griffins. But Carina dragons are simply gorgeous in my opinion, I love the blue flames and star/nebula patterns on their bodies. I'm a little sad because I'm focusing now on building my BSA army (and catchnig new CB releases), and after that I'll start catching more of parent breeds for hybrids.

Are the Khusa adults the same sprite? I am trying to see if there may minute details, but I am not sure. I got a male hatchling and I want to know if I should let him grow or freeze him to complete my set. But the Khusa reminds me of a bird of prey almost. 

3 minutes ago, Firebirdwyvern said:

Are the Khusa adults the same sprite? I am trying to see if there may minute details, but I am not sure. I got a male hatchling and I want to know if I should let him grow or freeze him to complete my set. But the Khusa reminds me of a bird of prey almost. 

same sprite, and based on lammergeiers.