Lythiaren

Pokemon Go

I got my first Pokemon GO shiny thanks to Community Day! A shiny Dratini popped up in the middle of a pack of 5 Dratini. I'm so pumped!

IMG_2420.PNG

Yesterday was a horrible day for going out of the house, but at the same time a tremendous day for Pokemon GO! Makes no sense, but here's why - it was snowing as hell, so the traffic was jammed and utterly slow, which made my bus ride feel like walking so I managed to get much closer to hatching my two eggs than I normally would. I'm incubating a 5km and a 10km egg which should hatch at the same time, so I'm curious to see what they'll give me, I'm hoping for something new or for a Feebas (to get enough candies to evolve the one I'm walking to Milotic, which will give me my gold Hoenn region medal). Plus it's my favourite gen3 pokemon which I can't wait to put into gyms to defend them. :D Also, I've seen someone with a Corsola, so it's either someone who travels the world to catch Pokemon or a cheater.

They just announced the next community event will include bulbasaur with special move " Frenzy Plant" and probably shiny form of it aswell. So it means we will get squirtle and charmander aswell which makes me very happy because I am one of these Shiny Charizard fans :).  I caught many shiny dratinis , highest was a 75 iv one with 630ish cp and I evolved it to a dragonite. I am happy to have more shiny pokes. 

Edited by rayheart

It couldn't be avoided.  My best one was a male Shiny.  Just need to get a fast TM to fix that darn Steel Wing.

Screenshot_2018-02-27-14-01-23.png

I'm not so much a fan of a starter community day since their catch rate is so terrible, but I'll still be looking forward to it.

I would have liked a squirtle or a charmander community day, but I already have all the bulbasaurs I need, though a shiny would be nice.  Charmanders are ridiculously rare here, I have only seen two since the one I first caught when I started playing.  Squirtles show up occasionally, but are still far from common around here.  Bulbasaurs though, they show up EVERYWHERE!  With them being boosted by both sunny and cloudy weather, they have been showing up very frequently.  Probably the most commonly seen starter over here, even over chikorita and treecko.  Although likely, there is no guarantee that the next two will be squirtle and charmander, and either would have been just as good a fit for this particular month.

Edited by Nectaris

I couldn't evolve any Dragonite on community day, but I did catch my second shiny Pokemon (Dratini) on that day. It turned out to be just above average, though, so it's not worth evolving.

I hatched my first Wailmer today. It's my first new Pokémon in a week or so.

I wish it would have been charmander because shiny charizard is flipping amazing, but I really love Bulbasaur, so Im actually okay with it.

I hatched a Mareep and a Larvitar (really helpful because of the candies), a Charmander (same thing) and some other not so special Pokemon so I'm not exactly blown away. I still have two 10km eggs to incubate so I'm hoping for something completely new and I also want a Wingull. I saw that and a Masquerain in two gyms and now I'm so angry because they are currently shadows in my Pokedex, and I hate when then that happens. :dry:

I'm looking forward to the Bulbasaur community day, although I don't if I'll be able to join it... I hardly ever see any starters and I'd really like to evolve my starter bulbasaur. Also, no genders show up in my pokedex although I have a male Venusaur. I wish they could've made it to add the gender retrospectively at least of the pokemon in your storage...

The Dratini day was great, I've caught six shinies, evolved one to Dragonite and evolved and powered up a regular one that has 97%.

I was initially too bored to play today, but I did it anyway and boy, am I glad I did! I caught two Masquerains, two breathtaking Surskits (one evolved and the other waiting for candy), a breathtaking Lotad evolved to Lombre and I'll evolve it to Ludicolo as soon as possible. I'm also close to hatching my 10km egg and I'm super excited to see what's inside! I also caught another Tangela and Lickitung, which is great for me to prepare for gen4. :)

Hatched a 10k today and it turned out to be a trapinch!  I have yet to see one of those in the wild, so I am glad I got the chance to hatch one.  I'm going to be going to Dallas this weekend, and I am looking forward to hunting in a big city.  Won't be able to do too much though as we are there for my cousin's wedding and I won't be driving(I am terrified of Dallas traffic).

16 hours ago, Nectaris said:

Hatched a 10k today and it turned out to be a trapinch!  I have yet to see one of those in the wild, so I am glad I got the chance to hatch one.  I'm going to be going to Dallas this weekend, and I am looking forward to hunting in a big city.  Won't be able to do too much though as we are there for my cousin's wedding and I won't be driving(I am terrified of Dallas traffic).

Good luck with your hunting there! :D

I saw two Trapinch in the wild, but one ran away and the other appeared when I had no pokeballs and no means to buy additional ones, so I'm also hoping to hatch one myself. I'm currently incubating two 10km eggs and hoping that at least one of them is a Trapinch.

Yesterday a wild Feebas appeared in the wild, and I couldn't go out to catch it as I was already in bed and it was really late. Also, the 10km egg I had hatched into a Larvitar so I evolved my previously hatched Larvitar into a Tyranitar so my goals for that Pokemon is complete. :wub:

Edit: Awesome day! I tracked down and finally caught my first Trapinch. :wub: I also hatched an Onix, which gave me enough candy to get my second Steelix, so my goals are complete for them. But when I wanted to spin a pokestop I accidentally tapped a gym that I didn't want to open... and an Armaldo was there. Another pokedex shadow, great. :dry: I also caught another Lileep, which made me happy as it was the second one I've ever seen. I also have enough candies so I'm evolving my breathtaking Corphish to Crawdaunt.

Edited by *Silver Fox*

I haven't played Pokemon GO since mid-end 2016. I'm always tempted to open it back up, but I never get around to it. I know that they've released pokemon from other regions since then, but would someone be able to give me a rundown of how the game has changed/evolved in the past 18 months? Tempt me back! :P

8 hours ago, StormWizard212 said:

I haven't played Pokemon GO since mid-end 2016. I'm always tempted to open it back up, but I never get around to it. I know that they've released pokemon from other regions since then, but would someone be able to give me a rundown of how the game has changed/evolved in the past 18 months? Tempt me back! :P

Raid battles that also include legendaries, plenty of new pokemon, weather boosted types and so much more, I think it's super fun to play! :D

Anyway, I hatched awesome pokemon: Trapinch, Bagon (evolved to Shelgon), breathtaking SNORLAX (finally, that took ages!) and a Dratini. Plus I evolved my other breathtaking Surskit to Masquearain and I hatched a female breathtaking Corphish. I can't wait to see if I'm going to hatch a Wingull, I hope so because I still don't have it and it's such a cute pokemon. :wub:

Today I managed to solo a 13k cp exeggutor raid battle today.  Was really pleased that I could beat a mon like that by myself even if I didn't exactly need one of those.

Also, managed to hatch a feebas today, which means I can FINALLY get a milotic.

Thanks for the info @*Silver Fox* but what are raid battles? Are they different to the battles they had a couple of years ago? :lol: I caught up with a friend today who had one of those little pokeball things that plays the game for you while you walk around so you don't need your phone open. I'd never seen one before! I didn't know they were a thing. How times have changed. :P 

19 hours ago, StormWizard212 said:

Thanks for the info @*Silver Fox* but what are raid battles? Are they different to the battles they had a couple of years ago? :lol: I caught up with a friend today who had one of those little pokeball things that plays the game for you while you walk around so you don't need your phone open. I'd never seen one before! I didn't know they were a thing. How times have changed. :P 

That's a Go Plus, it's really handy.

In raid battles, the fighting is the same like when you fight a gym (tapping the screen), but you fight against a very strong pokemon. There are different difficulties from level 1 to 5, level 5 being the legendary raids. The higher the level, the stronger the raid boss, so you need to fight with other people in order to be able to defeat it.

Personally, I don't care much about the battle system, it's just not involving for me at all. I like the collecting aspect much more^^

Yeah, when I was still playing the game, I liked the collection much more than the gyms. The only time I was ever interested in the gyms is when a work friend and I had the gym outside the high school we work at and used to listen to the kids complain about not being able to beat us and wondered who we were. :P But other than that, actually collecting pokemon was what I found the most fun.

So in that matter, I think PoGo has improved a lot. There are not only much more pokemon to collect, now different types are more common during certain weather conditions, which adds a little variety, also they've added more challenges to getting pokemon (e.g. some you can only get from raids - which is not necessarily good, for some evolutions you need an evolution item or you need to walk a certain amount of km).

Also, there's a Community Day being held every month which I personally think is a lot of fun.

On another note, the windy event has been good to me - I hatched two Beldum and I got another 10km egg, keeping my fingers crossed.

I hatched a Beldom as well and my friend was like "Im gonna throw your phone in the lake" it made me lol cuz he really wanted one, but luck isnt very kind to him, tho the dude's got like 5 shiny magikarp. I really need to hatch a good Bagon.

This was a fabulous day for this game! I caught another Beldum (still waiting for one with wonderful IVs to evolve it all the way one day), caught a couple of Lotads with pinap berries so I'm closer to getting my first Ludicolo (although I could have gotten more if two Lotads hadn't run away), and I also hatched a Feebas, which allowed me to evolve the one I was walking to Milotic (she is absolutely stunning! :wub: ), I hatched another breathtaking Bagon and a breathtaking Chimecho! I still have two 10km eggs to incubate and hatch, I wonder what those two might contain. :) Also, I finally made a breathtaking female Eevee named Sakura my new walking buddy so I'm working on my second Espeon, wish me luck!

Edited by *Silver Fox*

I AM SO HAPPY!  Today, I actually found a mawile raid I could do(mawiles always appeared when I couldn't go outside to the gym), and not only did I manage to catch it, but it turned out to be a SHINY mawile!  My first mawile turned out shiny!

Edit: 

Hatched a wingull, so that means I can evolve my breathtaking wingull.

Edited by Nectaris

13 hours ago, Nectaris said:

I AM SO HAPPY!  Today, I actually found a mawile raid I could do(mawiles always appeared when I couldn't go outside to the gym), and not only did I manage to catch it, but it turned out to be a SHINY mawile!  My first mawile turned out shiny!

Edit: 

Hatched a wingull, so that means I can evolve my breathtaking wingull.

Whoa, I didn't know that Mawile can be shiny too! Congrats! :wub: When do you get to see whether it's shiny or not, when you defeat it and get to the catching challenge? I must defeat as many Mawiles as possible because I only have a male, and I need a female.

I also hatched my first (breathtaking) Wingull and I'm so happy. I hatched: another breathtaking Bagon (so now I have a male and a female Shelgon waiting to become Salamances one day), a breathtaking Trapinch that was evolved to Vibrava (my first), caught two breathtaking male Koffings so I evolved one to my second breathtaking Weezing, I got my second Espeon so I'm working on my second Umbreon now, I'm one candy away from evolving my Carvanha to Sharpedo, and I FINALLY caught a breathtaking Wurmple that evolved to Silcoon for a change (I was so sick and tired of all the Cascoons I've been getting. One more breathtaking Silcoon/female and I'm done with catching Wurmples). I also evolved my second Whiscash and caught a breathtaking Lunatone. I'm somehow predicting that Solrock and Lunatone will migrate like Zangoose and Seviper after the spring euqinox or in the summer, what are your thoughts on it? Also, I saw someone's Azurill in a gym, so another Pokedex shadow, great. :dry: And I don't know if I've said it before or not, but I caught a female Anorith for a change, I know these are quite rare compared to males so I'm happy. :wub:

Edited by *Silver Fox*

1 hour ago, *Silver Fox* said:

Whoa, I didn't know that Mawile can be shiny too! Congrats! :wub: When do you get to see whether it's shiny or not, when you defeat it and get to the catching challenge? I must defeat as many Mawiles as possible because I only have a male, and I need a female.

Thanks!

During the catching challenge, it appeared normal during the fight itself.