Lythiaren

Pokemon Go

Yep, I also evolved Walrein yesterday, managed to evolve both a meganium and a sceptile a few days ago.  Today was "windy", which apparently hasn't happened recently here, and I got a few things that I have rarely seen.  I have both zangoose and seviper. 

Also managed to beet a wailmer raid boss today.  Was fun as it was nice and easy and I actually got to talk to someone else who was playing.  He was as surprised as I was that anyone else was out today as it is so cold.  That is the downside, is that it has turned bitterly cold today, and will be for the next week, so getting outside to play is going to be minimal.

Groudon was bad luck for me after I started travelling for raids. But I did just get a 100% kyogre on the first raid...last ball though, it was pretty scary.

I'm a little frustrated that I can't get a single breathtaking Wurmple to get at least a single Beautyfly or Dustox. :( All of them are above average in the best case. But I'm happy that I have a breathtaking Kirlia (female) and Ralts (male), both of which will be evolved to Gardevoir. <3

9 hours ago, *Silver Fox* said:

I'm a little frustrated that I can't get a single breathtaking Wurmple to get at least a single Beautyfly or Dustox. :( All of them are above average in the best case. But I'm happy that I have a breathtaking Kirlia (female) and Ralts (male), both of which will be evolved to Gardevoir. <3

I know it'll be a while before they release gen 4, but why not wait on evolving your male ralts until you can get a Gallade? 

14 hours ago, Syiren said:

I know it'll be a while before they release gen 4, but why not wait on evolving your male ralts until you can get a Gallade? 

I will surely catch or hatch plenty of them as they're not so hard to find, plus my main goal is to have a male and a female of each pokemon that has both genders. <3

By the way, today I was lucky enough to stumble upon and catch a 100% IV female Muk. :wub: And also I caught my first Luvdisc. On the other hand, I now have an Unown in my pokedex as I've spotted one in a team Valor gym. God, I wish those were at least a bit easier to find, they are not to be seen anywhere! :o

6 hours ago, *Silver Fox* said:

I will surely catch or hatch plenty of them as they're not so hard to find, plus my main goal is to have a male and a female of each pokemon that has both genders. <3

By the way, today I was lucky enough to stumble upon and catch a 100% IV female Muk. :wub: And also I caught my first Luvdisc. On the other hand, I now have an Unown in my pokedex as I've spotted one in a team Valor gym. God, I wish those were at least a bit easier to find, they are not to be seen anywhere! :o

Respectable. :)

Ou~ congrats in that 100% muk. I've caught a few from raids, but nothing that good. Heck I didnt catch my first grimer until new years eve! XD Unown is a super rare.pokemon to find. I only managed to catch one (w) because I was with friends and they had a map up that notified them when and where a rare pokemon spawns. 

I think using maps to find mon is cheating by the guidlines, but I wasnt about to look a gift horse in the mouth. ^_^;

Yeah, I totally know about Unown, super rare and I don't even know WHERE to look for it and at what time, I literally never even saw its shadow. Too bad that you can't hatch it from, for example, occasional 5km eggs or something.

The Muk was completely unplanned, it just happened to pop out near law school and I tapped it because I only had a male with horrible IVs, and when I checked this one out, not only was it a female that I'd been missing, but also with the best possible IVs and with almost 1700 CP, which is terrific! I also hatched a breathtaking Wailmer, which will be evolved into a Wailord as soon as I gather 400 candies. This is gen3 Magikarp obviously. :dry:

And I almost walked the necessary 20km with my breathtaking female Feebas which will end up being my first Milotic :wub: , but I'm still halfway with the candies (I have 57 thanks to hatching the Feebas three times so far).

I evolved my only breathtaking Torchic all the way up to Blaziken yesterday after quite a bit of Torchic grinding around my neighbourhood (and a timely egg hatching). I have one 10K egg and 3 5K eggs under incubation, here's hoping for some good hatches. :)

I have three 10km eggs waiting to be incubated, I'm also hoping for something good. I just need more PokeCoins to purchase another incubator.

Well, my 10 km egg hatched into a Chansey, which was good only for the living dex. The only 5 km hatch that's worth mentioning is a breathtaking Duskull, which I promptly evolved to get a Dusclops that's worth it. On the bright side, I now have two 10 km eggs under incubation; here's hoping for anything else other than Dratini, Chansey and Skarmory. :P

Good luck with your 10 km eggs, Silver Fox!

Edited by obelisk_light

I wish I could FIND another 10k egg.  Since I hatched my last one(another skarmory) I have only been getting 2k and 5k eggs.  Whenever I hatch one of those, that slot is promptly filled with a new 2k or 5k egg.

In other news though, I managed to catch a breathtaking quilava the other day.  Incredible considering that previously I had only seen and caught a grand total of one cyndaquil(even with sunny weather).

Edited by Nectaris

On 1/16/2018 at 5:04 PM, obelisk_light said:

Good luck with your 10 km eggs, Silver Fox!

Thanks! Good luck with yours too! <3

As soon as I earn enough PokeCoins (I need five more to purchase the incubator, so close :'( ) I'm incubating all three to hatch them at the same time. The things I could use are: a Mareep (to get candy and get closer to evolving my breathtaking Flaaffy to Ampharos (I've got a lot of candy left to go, but I'll get closer by hatching at least one)), a breathtaking Larvitar for a change (as I still don't have a Tyranitar), a Snorlax (a breathtaking female would be nice), and another Feebas with any stats would be really helpful so that I can finally get a Milotic. I hope I get nothing other than that as I hatched too many Porygons recently, several consecutive ones. :(

Also, I was so incredibly lucky to have an unexpected hatch from a 5km egg - a breathtaking FEMALE Charmander! I will now have two breathtaking Charizards as soon as I gather enough candies to evolve my Charmeleon girl (I evolved her once already). :wub: And I'm also hoping for babies I still don't own: Elekid, Wynaut and Azurill from 5km eggs.

And I also forgot - some days ago I caught a wild Togetic! I couldn't believe that I did it, it was pretty elusive and I thought that this one would run away from me as well (the first one I ever found in the wild last year ran away after breaking free from the first and only ball I managed to throw at it). I now have a male and a female Togetic, the female was a hatched breathtaking Togepi which I walked until I could evolve her, and I'm pretty happy about it as Togepi are mostly male.

Edit, 18/1/2018:  I got out for a small stroll as it is a beautiful, sunny day for this time of year and I walked my three 10km eggs (I walked almost 4km to their total) and caught some pokemon along the way. Caught another Luvdisc (they always appear at a single place in a park not far away from where I live around two pokestops next to each other), and also a breathtaking Shroomish which I will evolve to my first ever Breloom as soon as I get 10 more candies. I added my Togetic to a friendly gym and conquered one team Instinct gym which is now defended by my Blastoise. :wub: I haven't battled in a while so it was a nice change. Also, one thing isn't clear to me - ever since the game was updated with changes to gyms and battling, is it possible to train your pokemon or not? If not, it will be the only medal that will forever stay silver because I didn't train much back in the day. :(

And in the very end I walked the total 20km needed to evolve my Feebas to Milotic in the future, all that's left for me to do is gather 42 more candies and that will be it. :wub:

Edited by *Silver Fox*

On 1/17/2018 at 5:33 PM, *Silver Fox* said:

Also, one thing isn't clear to me - ever since the game was updated with changes to gyms and battling, is it possible to train your pokemon or not? If not, it will be the only medal that will forever stay silver because I didn't train much back in the day. :(

I don't think there's a way to train at gyms anymore.

My 10 km eggs gave me my first Ralts and another Slakoth for an eventual Slaking. :wub:

2 hours ago, obelisk_light said:

I don't think there's a way to train at gyms anymore.

My 10 km eggs gave me my first Ralts and another Slakoth for an eventual Slaking. :wub:

I haven't seen the possibility either so that's why I asked if anyone else knew anything I didn't. Congrats on your 10km hatches, I can't wait to walk 5km more to hatch mine! I already walked them halfway to hatching. :wub:

I also managed to catch two more Luvdisc (the third one ran away), and one of them is a male, which is awesome as they are mostly females. :)

Edited by *Silver Fox*

Ugh, the 10K I finally managed to hatch yesterday turned out to be Aerodactyl. Was hoping for almost a second Mareep or a Porygon (I still have none). There was a Lapras spawning next to our apartment but it ran away from me, which I'm very bummed about because I still have none of those either!

15 minutes ago, HeDy said:

Ugh, the 10K I finally managed to hatch yesterday turned out to be Aerodactyl. Was hoping for almost a second Mareep or a Porygon (I still have none). There was a Lapras spawning next to our apartment but it ran away from me, which I'm very bummed about because I still have none of those either!

I surely hope that you'll either catch or hatch one sooner or later (better sooner than later of course), I remember how long it took me to hatch my first Lapras. :wub: Now that you mentioned Aerodactyl, I could use a female as I only have a male, I believe.

As it's a horrible day today, which means good for anything but a walk even for five minutes, I only went to a PokeStop across the street to spin it for the daily bonus, and also because a Lotad spawned and I'm trying to get my first Lombre. I won't be hatching my 10km eggs today, maybe tomorrow or even later than that.

1 hour ago, *Silver Fox* said:

As it's a horrible day today, which means good for anything but a walk even for five minutes, I only went to a PokeStop across the street to spin it for the daily bonus, and also because a Lotad spawned and I'm trying to get my first Lombre. I won't be hatching my 10km eggs today, maybe tomorrow or even later than that.

I feel you, today is the first GOOD day in quite some time.  This week we had snow(unusual for this area) and record lows.  Between that and my health, I haven't been able to walk much.  I was just thankful I was able to get a ride to work the other day, or I would not have been able to visit a PokeStop at all(I have plenty were I work, but none where I live).

Partly cloudy seems to be the worst weather for spawns in my area (winter temperature never goes below 10 degrees celsius so there's no chance of snow around here). I was able to walk the last few kilometres with my Koffing and evolve it to Weezing, so today wasn't a total loss.

OK, although I didn't plan it, I went out to run some errands today and I did some more walking and I was driven around by my family and walked my eggs to a total of 8.7km, so if I manage to do some more walking tomorrow I should hatch them and see what they contain. :) Thankfully it was raining a bit as I was in the car so I was able to catch another Wailmer (which turned out to be gen3's Magikarp with all the candy you need to get Wailord) and a breathtaking Carvanha, which is my future Sharkpedo.

Carvanha ooh na na, I'm gonna evolve my Carvanha oon na na. :lol:

Then again, I caught some more Wurmples and... not a single breathtaking one for me to evolve. :(

Edit 20/1/2018: Pikachu are spawning like crazy! :o What's happening, how come there are so many? But the good news is that this most recent update made sure that Pokemon spawn around EVERY PokeStop you come across - I used to have two close to my house where not a single pokemon spawned ever since the game appeared, and now they're spawning around them too, you can see it on the radar. :D

By the way, my 10km hatches weren't so great: Ralts (which isn't too bad as I need candy to reach Gardevoir), Slakoth (same as Ralts, but I was hoping for at least a Feebas) and a Dratini. :dry:

Apparently there are now SHINY PIKACHU in the game, with the so-called SURF ability. Interesting.

Edited by *Silver Fox*

I was going to post here that I caught my possibly first Tauros since 2016 yesterday, and it is fully powered up (not super great stats however)

... but I opened up the app just now to see two Pikachus, and the first one I caught was shiny!

9 hours ago, marienine said:

I was going to post here that I caught my possibly first Tauros since 2016 yesterday, and it is fully powered up (not super great stats however)

... but I opened up the app just now to see two Pikachus, and the first one I caught was shiny!

You my friend got yourself a rare Pikachu that knows Surf. ;) don't evolve it if you wish to keep surf, it'll forget it if it evolves.

My local discord group actually held a little meet up at the park dt and we all lured up the stops. Pikachu were EVERYWHERE! it was a special community day held by niantic which I believe was worldwide. For 3 hours pikachu were more common than any other pokemon and there was a super high chance of finding a shiny. I caught five of 'em. One stop I swear had ten Pikachu. I counted. I can't wait to see what next month's community event mon will be. :D

Well, that didn't last long. And by THAT, I mean the Pikachu hysterical spawn rates. :lol: No shiny for me, but I caught a couple yesterday to try to reach the golden Pikachu fan medal as soon as possible. :D

Next community day is set! Feb 24th. And the pokemon is Dratini! :D

4 hours ago, Syiren said:

Next community day is set! Feb 24th. And the pokemon is Dratini! :D

Shiny Dratini? AWESOME!!! If they end up spawning more often maybe I can make progress for my Dragon type medal. ;)

Oh amazing, I'm still missing a Dragonite so that sounds amazing! Now fingers crossed I remember it and not miss it like last time... Anyways, saw and caught my first Whismur, and there's Arons and Nosepasses (Nosepass'? Nosepassi? Nosepasss? What???) showing up on the Nearby! Exciting, can't wait to go for a walk later today.