Lythiaren

Pokemon Go

Wow, @water_angel, congrats on catching your Unown! :wub: I don't know if I'll ever find and catch one myself, although I have seen some players defending opposing gyms with their Unowns, so it ended up being ANOTHER shadow in my pokedex. :dry: However, I've done another Magikarp raid today, caught it after feeding it a pinap berry, so I did task 2 out of 3 on segment 6 of the Mythical Discovery research. I'll try my best to do three raids tomorrow, if I gather enough pokecoins to purchase 2 premium raid passes, although I don't think it's very likely, so I'll be on raid 9 out of 10 needed to proceed to segment 7. However, on the day after tomorrow I should be able to get closer to catching Mew, as long as I manage to do an excellent curveball throw. I tried to practice it, but I failed miserably, so I hope that I'll be able to do it at some point.

@obelisk_light I think it does change with every streak because I see no sense in doing field research for seven days in a row to encounter the same pokemon you've already caught. Please, God, grant me an Articuno next, I want that gorgeous blue bird! :wub:

Thanks @*Silver Fox* and @obelisk_light! happy to have them, especially the A. I also saw my gym this morning with someone from the red team had the A unown defending it. They must have gone to pax too lol.

I'm hoping we'll be able to get the jhoto legendaries from the field research. I have articuno from when raids first started and now moltres. I got lucky with my raikou and walked by a big group of people doing the raid so I have that one.

I feel like celebi will also be gotten the same way as Mew. same with jirachi and deoxys. 

Edited by water_angel

1 hour ago, water_angel said:

I feel like celebi will also be gotten the same way as Mew. same with jirachi and deoxys. 

Someone did say something about Celebi being obtained the same way as Mew, however I don't remember when and where. I also think that this research thingy is permanent in the game so that we can obtain all legendaries, I'm rooting for the possibility of getting Articuno and Mewtwo, those two would be perfect in my pokedex. :wub:

15 hours ago, water_angel said:

What are people using for IV checking? with the banning going on, is there a better way to figure out the best pokemon to evolve?

I use pokeassistant.com where you have to type in everything manually.

I think there are some that work by taking a screenshot of the pokemon (without requiring to log in) however, I don't know which ones they are as I hardly ever check the IVs anyway^^

I haven't been able to play a lot the past few days, but I was still able to get my Moltres. I'm stuck on the ghosts now as well, I caught Ditto unexpectedly fast.

13 minutes ago, Chococat0815 said:

I use pokeassistant.com where you have to type in everything manually.

I think there are some that work by taking a screenshot of the pokemon (without requiring to log in) however, I don't know which ones they are as I hardly ever check the IVs anyway^^

I haven't been able to play a lot the past few days, but I was still able to get my Moltres. I'm stuck on the ghosts now as well, I caught Ditto unexpectedly fast.

Lucky you, it took me a good while! And even longer for the ghost types - it always seems that, whenever I need certain pokemon, they don't appear anywhere, and yet there are way too many when you need them least of all. Murphy's law, apparently. :dry:

I managed to purchase another premium raid pass today, which I will use when I go out along with the free one that I will obtain tomorrow, and I'll be able to get my precious Mew the day after tomorrow if everything goes as planned. Two out of seven stamps for the second challenge so far, I can't wait to obtain all seven to see what's the mysterious pokemon that will appear! As for the field research, I have to hatch five eggs for a mysterious pokemon encounter, make five curveballs in a row and to battle in a raid, which I will get to do tomorrow to get my stamp. Also, today was a fabulously sunny day and plenty of Cacnea were spawning, but no trace of the breathtaking male that I need to get my second Cacturne. :(

Edited by *Silver Fox*

3 hours ago, *Silver Fox* said:

Someone did say something about Celebi being obtained the same way as Mew, however I don't remember when and where. I also think that this research thingy is permanent in the game so that we can obtain all legendaries, I'm rooting for the possibility of getting Articuno and Mewtwo, those two would be perfect in my pokedex. :wub:

Personally I doubt Mewtwo will be in this due to the special way it is obtained right now with the EX-passes and all.  I could be wrong of course.

So, they just added ALL the shiny sprites from G1 to the game's code :)

So it looks like shinies will finally start going to the way they are in the games - you can find ANY pokemon shiny, rarely. Rather than just a handful. Which is greattttt. I kinda hate the way niantic does things slowly. Just a couple shinies here. Just a couple of gen 3 at first. Just! Release it! Don't tease.

I'm hoping articuno comes for my next 7-day research as well, it's my fav!! And I don't do raids much though I really want a latios ;u; I work too often to get together with people.

I unlocked Walrein today only because I took a second look at my Sealeo. Like everyone else, I'm hoping for Articuno this time. My all time favourite legendary :wub:

I just reached the Ditto/ghost Mon stage of the New quest. Knowing my luck, I'll be stuck on it for a good while.

21 hours ago, *Silver Fox* said:

Lucky you, it took me a good while! And even longer for the ghost types - it always seems that, whenever I need certain pokemon, they don't appear anywhere, and yet there are way too many when you need them least of all. Murphy's law, apparently. :dry:

I guess so! I caught yet another Ditto today but still not ghosts in sight, even at night.

11 hours ago, Kaini said:

So it looks like shinies will finally start going to the way they are in the games - you can find ANY pokemon shiny, rarely. Rather than just a handful. Which is greattttt. I kinda hate the way niantic does things slowly. Just a couple shinies here. Just a couple of gen 3 at first. Just! Release it! Don't tease.

I'm really looking forward to that! I makes it so much more special if you find something you know not everyone else has dozens of and I hate shiny-checking the few pokemon that are shiny right now.

I CAUGHT MY MEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm, like, seriously so happy! Not the best IVs (certainly caught my attention), but who cares, it's le Mew!!!!!!! It's so cute, pink and a looks like a kitty, and once I get some TMs I think I'll change its moveset because it doesn't have the best attacks either. Mew is seriously the cutest, I caught it with the third ball that hit it and had a few misses because my dog was all over me, it looks like he was as excited about that little guy as I was! :wub: By the way, a tip -> when it says Battle in 10 raids here's what happened to me: I entered a Snubull raid as soon as it started, time ran out and I decided to try again because I was so close to getting it the first time. I was defeated again but both of those raid attempts counted to the total of 10, so I did the same raid three times, only spent my free raid pass and did three raid battles that I was missing for the quest.

I can't wait to see what else we'll be able to obtain via Special Research tasks, and to see what will turn up from the seven day research streak. I obtained my second stamp and I'll move on with it tomorrow. :)

Edited by *Silver Fox*

I caught my ditto today, and one ghost mon.  Nine more ghosts to go.  The game was trolling me though, I opened it up during a break because sometimes nice things spawn in the hospital I work at and there was a second ghost mon near one of the pokestops on campus.  I didn't have enough time to run down to the pokestop though(which naturally was the furthest one), as by the time I got there, it would be time to head back or risk getting in trouble for too long a break.

Edited by Nectaris

Only a few hours into the Kanto event and I am LOVING it!  I have seen a couple mons already that I didn't have and have caught several that are rare around here.  I even caught two ghastlies on my way out from work, bringing my ghost count up to four.  I was worried initially about the event given the lack of ghost mons in gen1, but if my luck hold out it won't be a problem.

The double candies are especially nice, as pinap berries double that!  I got a whopping twelve magikarp candies from one magikarp, taking a good chunk of what I need for a gyarados.

Edit:  Make that fourteen candies, as apparently you even get double when transferring.  That means I have 51 candies to go.

Edited by Nectaris

14 hours ago, Nectaris said:

Only a few hours into the Kanto event and I am LOVING it!  I have seen a couple mons already that I didn't have and have caught several that are rare around here.  I even caught two ghastlies on my way out from work, bringing my ghost count up to four.  I was worried initially about the event given the lack of ghost mons in gen1, but if my luck hold out it won't be a problem.

The double candies are especially nice, as pinap berries double that!  I got a whopping twelve magikarp candies from one magikarp, taking a good chunk of what I need for a gyarados.

Edit:  Make that fourteen candies, as apparently you even get double when transferring.  That means I have 51 candies to go.

Go @Nectaris go! :wub: It also appears that you get a candy for walking your body halfway from normal - my Wailmer used to find a candy for 1km, now he does it in 0.5km! I can't wait for this Sunday to take part in the Mareep community event, I'm gonna take the most of it for sure! Saving up incense and lure modules for Sunday, hoping for a shiny Mareep and tons of candies.

The event is insane and like @Nectaris I was worried I wouldn't be able to find any ghosts around, which turned out to be the exact opposite! And it has given me enough candy to evolve a Magikarp. Now I need to find time to do some raids^^

1 hour ago, Chococat0815 said:

The event is insane and like @Nectaris I was worried I wouldn't be able to find any ghosts around, which turned out to be the exact opposite! And it has given me enough candy to evolve a Magikarp. Now I need to find time to do some raids^^

I managed to get SIX ghastlies today, which fulfilled the requirements for the research, and put me well on the way to a gengar.  I also managed to evolve my magikarp with candies to spare.  Been able to evolve several gen1 mons and have gotten a few that I have never seen in the wild here(like drowzee).

@*Silver Fox*

Good to know that applies to all buddies.  I had known my magikarp was getting candies at .5km, but I wasn't sure if that applied to non-gen1 mons. 

Edited by Nectaris

Loving the Kanto event, I'm so close to finally unlocking Charizard! It's the only gen1 starter that I haven't fully unlocked yet, but I'm only 9 candies away now. In addition to that, I'm only missing Hitmonchan, Porygon, Snorlax and Lapras (+regionals and legendaries) from my Kanto Pokedex so hopefully I'll get at least one of those during this event! Also, can't wait to see what I get from the second 7-day field research box tomorrow! So exciting!

Edited by hedy

The only Kanto pokemon that I'm still missing are regionals and legendaries, I've discovered the least pokemon in the Johto region by far, which is quite frustrating. Maybe the next time we have a special research task involving a Johto legendary we'll get a Johto event, which will help everyone. I'm so impatient to see what I'll be getting tomorrow that I set the alarm to wake me up at midnight so that I can complete one of the tasks that I have pending and so I can receive the final stamp and see what's inside, I can't wait already! :wub:

@*Silver Fox* So incense on Community Day increases the odds of spawning that event's Mon? That's good to know, I've been wondering about it.

In other news, I unlocked Scizor today and am making great progress in unlocking Gyarados. I'll unlock it when the research task comes up. I'm stuck on the ghost Mon task; not nearly enough Gastly are spawning in my area.

41 minutes ago, obelisk_light said:

@*Silver Fox* So incense on Community Day increases the odds of spawning that event's Mon? That's good to know, I've been wondering about it.

In other news, I unlocked Scizor today and am making great progress in unlocking Gyarados. I'll unlock it when the research task comes up. I'm stuck on the ghost Mon task; not nearly enough Gastly are spawning in my area.

Not sure about it, but equipping with that will surely incense SOME pokemon, and if it spawns increasingly on community day I suppose that it could work. Lure modules are also extended for a reason especially on community day. I'll try luring up a nearby pokestop and using incense and hope to attract as many Mareep as possible.

Awh, got my second 'research breakthrough' and it was just moltres again... lame. After a solid week of working for it, it should be a random legendary or something...

At least this one has better IVs

5 hours ago, Kaini said:

Awh, got my second 'research breakthrough' and it was just moltres again... lame. After a solid week of working for it, it should be a random legendary or something...

WHAT?! Why would it be Moltres again? So not fair!!! The only good thing about this is getting more candies for the breathtaking Moltres that I already have, knowing that they're doubled during this Kanto event. I really hope that they'll change the prize next time - does anyone remember how it worked with legendaries when raids became a thing? Which legendary bird was first and how long had it been a raid boss? Maybe they'll be switching them the same way when it comes to how much time needs to pass before the pokemon you encounter switches.

Edited by *Silver Fox*

6 hours ago, Kaini said:

WHAT??!!? That is... super disappointing. I wonder if its time based, like for two weeks a after the launch we'll have Moltres,then two weeks of Zapdos etc. Or if it is based on how many times you get the 7th day of field research (but in that case, it would be pretty weird to have Moltres twice). 

1 hour ago, *Silver Fox* said:

Which legendary bird was first and how long had it been a raid boss?

The first one was Articuno, and was it for a week? Two weeks? I remember it being the first legendary raid boss but nothing more! 

Seems a bit pointless now to claim my prize in... 1h 30mins. So annoying. Niantic finally did something well until, yet again, they made it bad. Ugh.

Edited by hedy
typos

I'm hoping that maybe the prize will change, like, once a month or something?  That maybe the prize it time based and what appears depends on when you get the prize and they are giving latecomers a chance at a moltres too.  I DO wish they would explain the prize system, whatever it is.  Anyways, more candies will be nice, or a moltres with more CP to begin with.

Edited by Nectaris

Like I can't imagine it'll be moltres forever, it may change monthly or something, but that was... honestly a huge disappointment, felt like such a waste.

It was kind of expected, though? With the raids the legendaries also stay for one month. If they changed the legendary every week they'd circle trough all the available ones really fast. I also can't wait for Articuno because that one I'm still missing, I guess we just have to be patient.

Niantic is known for not having a good communication so we mostly have to figure out things on our own...

Edited by Chococat0815