Lythiaren

Pokemon Go

16 minutes ago, Chococat0815 said:

It was kind of expected, though? With the raids the legendaries also stay for one month. If they changed the legendary every week they'd circle trough all the available ones really fast. I also can't wait for Articuno because that one I'm still missing, I guess we just have to be patient.

Niantic is known for not having a good communication so we mostly have to figure out things on our own...

Maybe that's the case, but it was sort of disappointing that you work for seven days to get the same pokemon multiple times in a row. The only good thing, I repeat, is getting candies with more ease, but I seriously can't wait for the legendary to switch. I've been wanting an Articuno ever since the game appeared, so I better get one at some point or else I'll be really, REALLY mad.

By the way, some days ago I used some rare candies to add the four that I was missing to get my Ludicolo and I finally have that happy, Mexican style cactus dancing duck. :wub:

I unlocked two entries this morning: a breathtaking Crawdaunt and the shiny red Gyarados that I've been waiting for. :wub: Community Day is going to start in an hour from now; I can't wait to hatch two 10K eggs and two 2K eggs in that time. Plus, I hope to catch a breathtaking shiny Mareep. (Can't wait to unlock Ampharos. :wub:)

49 minutes ago, obelisk_light said:

I unlocked two entries this morning: a breathtaking Crawdaunt and the shiny red Gyarados that I've been waiting for. :wub: Community Day is going to start in an hour from now; I can't wait to hatch two 10K eggs and two 2K eggs in that time. Plus, I hope to catch a breathtaking shiny Mareep. (Can't wait to unlock Ampharos. :wub:)

Use Pinap berries on EVERY Mareep that appears, I'm planning to do that throughout the whole event. I'm also hoping for a shiny.

Europe here, Community Day is almost over. Unfortunately, I could only play for about an hour. Also, the spawns got diluted by the ongoing Kanto event so there were fewer Mareep than what you would expect. So definitely use Pinapberries! There were still lots of Mareep and I got two shiny =)

Good luck to everyone else!

ETA: Most importantly, put your eggs into an incubator only AFTER the event has started because once an egg is inside an incubator the distance doesn't adjust...

Edited by Chococat0815

4 hours ago, *Silver Fox* said:

Use Pinap berries on EVERY Mareep that appears, I'm planning to do that throughout the whole event. I'm also hoping for a shiny.

Good luck with your shiny hunt!

That's exactly what I did. :) The event just got over for me. I caught one shiny, though it had a bad appraisal so I didn't evolve it. I did unlock normal Ampharos in the last few minutes of the event - as I'd planned to do if I didn't catch a good shiny. I have a "2.5K" egg that I got and incubated during the event. We'll see what it hatches into. :)

So here's another tip: if you get any 10K eggs during the event, be sure to incubate them right away. In case they don't hatch when the event ends, the counter isn't adjusted to the default. 

One of my older 10K eggs gave me enough candies to unlock Slaking, so there's yet another Hoenn dex entry :)

ETA: The spare egg from the event just hatched into Beldum. I'm just 14 candies away from unlocking Metagross. Yay! :D

Edited by obelisk_light

Caught 7x shinies and only 1 was strong :/  and I evolved it . That event wasnt that good for me on IVs . 

I had a lot of fun today! I got enough Mareep candy for two Ampharos (I evolved one of my shiny Mareep into Flaaffy -> Ampharos, and kept one as a shiny mareep) and I caught so many other Pokemon :D I'm most happy with the many male Nidoran I found, and getting enough candy for a Rhydon.

I also loved how short the eggs were to hatch, I got my first 10km egg in like 1.5 years... I was so excited! Got it towards the end of the event, managed to hatch it!

... There was a Mareep in it.

giphy.gif

29 minutes ago, Cinspawn said:

I had a lot of fun today! I got enough Mareep candy for two Ampharos (I evolved one of my shiny Mareep into Flaaffy -> Ampharos, and kept one as a shiny mareep) and I caught so many other Pokemon :D I'm most happy with the many male Nidoran I found, and getting enough candy for a Rhydon.

I also loved how short the eggs were to hatch, I got my first 10km egg in like 1.5 years... I was so excited! Got it towards the end of the event, managed to hatch it!

... There was a Mareep in it.

giphy.gif

I am so, so sorry, but I'm laughing over here. :lol: :lol: :lol: My community day event was the first one I ever took actual part in, so I ended up catching enough Mareep to evolve two all the way and got two of them in the shiny variant. One of them became my third, shiny Ampharos (I have a male and a female breathtaking Ampharos + a shiny male Ampharos), and one female Mareep was also kept as the other shiny. It was so cute being surrounded by all those sheep, I felt kind of like a shepherd!

I caught one shiny mareep during the event(as usual).  Naturally it wasn't breathtaking.  Managed to evolve it though. Ironically the very first mareep I clicked turned out shiny.  The encounter was glitched though and the mareep was upside down and my pokeballs were reacting the same.  I had to flee and pray that it was still shiny when I went back(I wasn't sure if it would remain shiny or not) It was, and all was well this time.

I got one shiny, after about a bazillion mareep. It of course had terrible ivs but I evolved it anyway.

On 4/15/2018 at 1:22 PM, Kaini said:

I got one shiny, after about a bazillion mareep. It of course had terrible ivs but I evolved it anyway.

This was me as well. I named him "Pretty Idiot" because he's not good for anything, but he's so pretty. :lol:

Well, what a horrible day outside. Instead of the beautiful sunny weather that makes me want to get out and never go back inside it's cloudy, gloomy and potentially rainy. I don't like it one bit. I'll have to get out to buy lunch and a nail polish so I'll use that to catch three more weather boosted pokemon which will grant me my fourth stamp (to get another Moltres probably, but I hope I'm wrong although it's not very likely). I'm absolutely not in the mood for raid battles and spinning pokestops so I have to complete this challenge because it's the only one I can do with minimal activity.

I had some pretty good luck from the event. Caught 4 shiny mareep total. Evolved two into Ampharos, one into a flaaffy and kept the 4th a mareep. I did pretty well considering it started to storm half way through the event. Good thing there was a well sheltered gazeebo (sp?) at the park. I ducked under that with about 6 other ppl lol. Went home, got ready for work and right when I got there,

There was my 4th and final shiny just waiting for me. :)

Charmander is next. I'm so happy.

Did another raid today, that makes five out of the ten I need.  I plan to be a bit more aggressive regarding raids tomorrow and Saturday, as this is taking forever.

In other news, I am thrilled that they added a new pokestop to the park nearby.  The park is within walking distance of my house(though not a short walk), so it will be good on days I can't/don't want to get out much but still keep up my streak.  They didn't even recognize it as a park before, but now they do.

Got another moltres for my research breakthrough, sigh. Completely useless.

Still stuck on the ditto quest for mew. Catching everything that can possibly be a ditto and still no ditto.

7 hours ago, Kaini said:

Got another moltres for my research breakthrough, sigh. Completely useless.

Still stuck on the ditto quest for mew. Catching everything that can possibly be a ditto and still no ditto.

Same, same and same. It's also really annoying to waste a lot of balls on the Moltres since they're quite stubborn to catch. Hopefully in two weeks we'll have something different.

My boyfriend managed to catch a Ditto that spawned as Ghastly in our apartment but it fled for me (despite razz berrying and using a great ball). Now I've been catching everything with a possibility of being Ditto, but no luck. Frustrating.

I unexpectedly caught another Ditto being disguised as a Whismur, although I got my Mew ages ago. Looks like it will be Moltres only until May, my guess is that these mystery pokemon from weekly researches will change on a monthly basis, so although it's frustrating to continuously catch the same Pokemon I can stack berries for my first Moltres (the only one I'm keeping) until the mystery Pokemon switches in May. Fingers crossed that I'm correct.

3 hours ago, hedy said:

Same, same and same. It's also really annoying to waste a lot of balls on the Moltres since they're quite stubborn to catch. Hopefully in two weeks we'll have something different.

My boyfriend managed to catch a Ditto that spawned as Ghastly in our apartment but it fled for me (despite razz berrying and using a great ball). Now I've been catching everything with a possibility of being Ditto, but no luck. Frustrating.

Thats odd, my research catch ditto was also a Gastly. What tasks come after the one where you have to evolve Gyarados? I just need to do ten raids and I'll be ready for the next one. 

1 hour ago, Syiren said:

Thats odd, my research catch ditto was also a Gastly. What tasks come after the one where you have to evolve Gyarados? I just need to do ten raids and I'll be ready for the next one. 

After 10 raids, evolving a Magikarp and reaching level 25, you have to earn a gold Kanto medal (if you already haven't), make an excellent curveball throw (it took me AGES, it's so stupidly hard to do), and to catch 50 pokemon using a berry (any berry). After that, Mew is yours. :wub:

3 hours ago, *Silver Fox* said:

After 10 raids, evolving a Magikarp and reaching level 25, you have to earn a gold Kanto medal (if you already haven't), make an excellent curveball throw (it took me AGES, it's so stupidly hard to do), and to catch 50 pokemon using a berry (any berry). After that, Mew is yours. :wub:

Amazing, that's so easy! I have to have another Moltres ready after the field research-box for the excellent curveball though, I threw like three of those this morning when I tried to catch it XD 

5 hours ago, *Silver Fox* said:

That definitely sounds easier than battling in 10 raids, which is taking me forever to do. XD

Moltres again for the field research? I was hoping that the update would bring something different.

6 hours ago, *Silver Fox* said:

That explains why they had the Kanto event.  The curveball is scary, I can't throw those things worth anything.  The rest is easy.

Anyways, having no luck with raids.  I went out today and went to several locations and not a single raid, not even one a good time away.  I think I will go out later this evening and try again.  Tomorrow I will try downtown as well.

Regarding field research, I am torn between hanging onto the last stamp next week and waiting until May 1st to see if it changes or just going ahead and getting another moltres next Friday.  I have some time to think about it.

24 minutes ago, Nectaris said:

Regarding field research, I am torn between hanging onto the last stamp next week and waiting until May 1st to see if it changes or just going ahead and getting another moltres next Friday.  I have some time to think about it.

I know the dilemma, but I think I'll go for the fourth Moltres as well, just for the candies, at least. I can't wait to get to see what the next mystery pokemon encounter will be!

As for the excellent curveball - in your dreams! Right when you need it the most you'll be getting all GREAT! and NICE! It took me forever to do the excellent curveball, and it was miraculously on a Nosepass.

I throw every ball a curveball, so that part's easy for me. I've only gotten a few excellents though. It's easier on a pokemon with a large... ring? area? like tauros.

15 hours ago, *Silver Fox* said:

Except for the excellent curve that sounds easy as pie! Im only missing Mr. Mime, Kangaskawn and mew for kanto! Thanks!

And guys, (this is to everyone) another local player told me that you dont have to win the raids for them to count. Just go into a 2 or 3 star raid, use weak pokemon and let time run out in the battle, then try the raid all over and rinse and repeat. It counts as one each time even for the same raid. :)

Edited by Syiren