Lythiaren

Pokemon Go

Well, this change of doing quests for professor Willow is what the game really needed! I'm having so much fun going out to do quests and receive prizes, out of which some will be legendary or super rare Pokemon, and I hope that it will be for more than just Mew because I really want to be able to get legendaries without raids (I repeat, I can't go on my own and no one is playing to raid with me). I already completed five out of eight special research segments and I'm looking forward to completing the rest tomorrow or in the next couple of days.

The things that I have yet to do to proceed to segment 6 is this:

*catch a Ditto

*do 20 great throws (I think I have 4 or so) / completed in the meantime.

*catch 10 ghost-type pokemon

I'm seriously hoping for some Duskulls and Gastlys tomorrow or the day after tomorrow because I'm gonna need them, and Sableyes are also welcome, being the dark/ghost type and all.

As for the Eggstravaganza, it really helped me a lot! Thanks to this event I hatched many awesome pokemon, such as Azurill, Elekid, and even two more Wynauts! Some seriously good pokemon are coming out of these and they're so quick and easy to hatch. Looking forward to seeing what I'm yet to hatch tomorrow.

I could also use a Lotad, whatever IVs and whatever CP for four more candies - then I can evolve to Ludicolo. :D

Edit 1/4/2018:  It's so bloody cold and rainy today so I decided to just go out for the sake of getting today's breakthrough stamp and rush back home. Not a good day for Pokemon GO. I hope tomorrow will be better, but the good thing is that I have to go to college so I can use that to complete some quests and earn cool prizes. I can't wait to see what I'll get when all seven stamps are completed!

Edited by *Silver Fox*

When it comes to field research, I made some progress and it's all super fun, I have three out of six stamps before I reach the breakthrough package to see what it contains, but when it comes to special research not much progress was made. There aren't many ghost type pokemon spawning lately so it's going pretty slow for me, and also no luck for catching Ditto. Apparently I must be on a serious lookout and catch every one of these Pokemon and hope for a Ditto:

* Pidgey

* Zubat

* Magikarp (if I'm not wrong)

* Rattata

* Gastly

* Hoothoot

* Sentret

* Gulpin

* Zigzagoon

* Taillow

* Whismur

I hope I'll be able to catch a Ditto soon (today would be ideal) so that I can move on. Also, I switched my buddy - I used to walk Wailmer, but I switched to Magikarp because I read somewhere that one of the future research tasks is to evolve a Magikarp, so I want to be ready for it just in case, I'll easily switch back to Wailmer later.

The Eggstravaganza eggs have given me quite something again - thanks to that event I got one male and one female Wynaut and one male and one female Azurill, so I'm really, really happy. And while I was chilling at home last night, I caught a breathtaking male Trapinch, which will become my second Flygon as soon as I gather enough candies for it. :wub:

Edited by *Silver Fox*

I'm having fun with the research too, though I am stuck on the third one with the raid battles, because naturally none show up when I actually have the time to do them.  I did manage to do one yesterday, I beat a manetric solo.  There was another raid battle nearby that I could have beaten, but I didn't have time to get over there and fight the raid boss before my lunch break was up.

I thought I was going to be stuck on part five forever because of the Ditto quest. However, on my way home I got one! It was disguised as a little Whismur, and after so many annoying Pokemon that I see around way too much it was quite a relief. However, I still have to catch six more ghost type Pokemon to be able to proceed, and they're barely spawning. I was super excited when I saw a Gastly, but it ran away, which annoyed me, he even beat a golden razz berry and an ultra ball! And after that I had realized that because of that Gastly I missed out on a Sableye, which also counts, and it was too late for me to go back to get it. Brilliant. :dry:

Oh, well, at least I got the hardest part done and I hope that tomorrow will be better for the ghost types. This doesn't sound like me normally, but I would love it if it could get cloudy, it increases the poison Pokemon spawning and Gastly is a ghost/poison type, so fingers crossed to me being able to finally move on and get that Mew.

I'm still on step 2 of the mew quest, I work a lot XD

Research was sorely needed in the game, though. It FINALLY gives you a goal to work toward, and I'm deeply enjoying it.

Due to having just one incubator I'm still hatching some leftover eggs from the Eggstravaganza, and I just hatched another Tyrogue and another Wingull. As for the research, I agree with you @Kaini, it makes the game so much more fun, especially knowing that you're rewarded for keeping up! I can't wait to get Mew and to see what other challenges and mysterious Pokemon can come out of this!

I REALLLY hope you can get other legenadaries with the 7-day research streaks. Because raids are tiring and difficult in rural areas and if you work a lot. I have (1) legendary and I'd realllyyy like to be able to get more without having to get together with 20 people in my small town that I don't even know :P

I also think it's great way to make legendaries more available. For me personally, I like the bonus encounters the most - I'm getting pokemon I've practically never seen in the wild which is much more fun than trying randomly to hatch something you need :lol:

Not related to the research, but I caught a shiny Aron! It's my second shiny, and it was my 29th Aron caught.

Being the ruralist of rural players, it's rather frustrating seeing everyone get so far in the research. But at least next time I go on vacation I'll have something new to do on the game.

I can't believe how scarce the ghost types are! I really hope to catch the last one that I need tomorrow so that I can proceed, I'm really getting impatient to get my Mew. I'll have to evolve a Magikarp in the next quest segment and I'm getting ready - 343 candies so far! So close, I can't wait to get it done, but thanks to the fact that I'll also have to battle in 10 raids it's gonna go pretty slow for me.

2 hours ago, *Silver Fox* said:

I can't believe how scarce the ghost types are! I really hope to catch the last one that I need tomorrow so that I can proceed, I'm really getting impatient to get my Mew. I'll have to evolve a Magikarp in the next quest segment and I'm getting ready - 343 candies so far! So close, I can't wait to get it done, but thanks to the fact that I'll also have to battle in 10 raids it's gonna go pretty slow for me.

Do you have to actually win the raids or just battle?

I'm also just on day two, haven't had much time to anything else than the quick walk around the block. Btw, does anyone know what counts as "PokeStop you haven't visited before" because today I got that field research and was ready to ditch it, but then I got to two stops that I last visited in probably November and they counted lol. So now I'm short only one Pokestop on that research and I'd like to know from how long ago do visits count?

Also, is there anyway to get the cathing-reward go away if you don't actually want to catch the Pokemon? I'd rather not waste my balls on something I don't need just because it drives me crazy to see the orange circle and the bright "CLAIM REWARD" every time I open the research page :D 

2 hours ago, hedy said:

Do you have to actually win the raids or just battle?

I'm also just on day two, haven't had much time to anything else than the quick walk around the block. Btw, does anyone know what counts as "PokeStop you haven't visited before" because today I got that field research and was ready to ditch it, but then I got to two stops that I last visited in probably November and they counted lol. So now I'm short only one Pokestop on that research and I'd like to know from how long ago do visits count?

Also, is there anyway to get the cathing-reward go away if you don't actually want to catch the Pokemon? I'd rather not waste my balls on something I don't need just because it drives me crazy to see the orange circle and the bright "CLAIM REWARD" every time I open the research page :D 

If it doesn't say "win" then it should be enough to just fight the pokemon - not running from the fight, but getting defeated or running out of time.

The Pokestops you haven't visited before should be the ones that have a white circle around them. They also give you 250xp for the first spin.

I don't think so? If you run, then the quest will stay there, so you probably just have to get on with it and catch it... I haven't really tried getting rid of a bonus encounter because all of them have given me at least uncommon Pokemon.

Okay, Ive only gone after two Latios so far, caught one of them and when I checked its stats when I got home I nearly dropped my water bottle. I didnt expect to get this...

Screenshot_20180403-183254.jpg

11 hours ago, Chococat0815 said:

If it doesn't say "win" then it should be enough to just fight the pokemon - not running from the fight, but getting defeated or running out of time.

The Pokestops you haven't visited before should be the ones that have a white circle around them. They also give you 250xp for the first spin.

I don't think so? If you run, then the quest will stay there, so you probably just have to get on with it and catch it... I haven't really tried getting rid of a bonus encounter because all of them have given me at least uncommon Pokemon.

Turns out there was some new stops added and I just thought they were old because they were next to the old ones XD Anyways, encountered a new stop on my usual route to uni so I got that research done! I also finally hatched a Tyrogue, which was a new unlock for me. I'm excited to see what I'll get out of the field research breakthrough box tomorrow!

Haven't got any latios, there just aren't people gathering for raids.

Got a moltres from my 7-day research breakthru though.

Had a good day today.  Caught a kabuto today, my first ever sighted, and it was a breathtaking one! 

Also, managed to beat a sableeye today so that advanced my research.  Also beat a duskull, but that was just a bonus.  Too bad I wasn't to the section needing ghost types yet.

Edited by Nectaris

If it says "Battle in ___ raids" -> it just means that you have to take part in the raids and stay there until you either win, get defeated or run out of time. That's all it takes for it to count. :) If it says "Win" then you're supposed to win so be on the lookout for raids you can go for all by yourself in case there is no one else to go with you, I recommend tier 1 or 2 bosses to be sure that you'll win. That's what I do. :)

Anyway, my 7 day breakthrough was a Moltres, it's breathtaking and beautiful! I'm hoping that I'll get Articuno next, it's my favourite legendary bird! :wub: And I also hope that we'll be able to obtain all legendaries this way! When it comes to the Mew quest -> A mythical discovery, I still have to get 30+ candies to evolve my Magikarp and battle in seven more raids, which means that my poke coins earned from defending gyms will be spent on premium raid passes to make it as quick as possible. If tomorrow turns out to be a beautiful day I hope to do three raids to add to the total count. :wub:

I also evolved to my first Blaziken yesterday, I'm so happy! I hope to be able to obtain my Ludicolo these days too, I'm only missing 4 candies, which means that I need just one more Lotad to appear. :D

I'm super, super happy to see moltres as the seven day reward!  That makes my first legendary in the game(I am too chicken to find other players to raid with)!  I am hoping that the seven day rewards continue to be legendaries(I would like the see the birds and the beasts best, personally).

Edited by Nectaris

12 hours ago, Nectaris said:

I'm super, super happy to see moltres as the seven day reward!  That makes my first legendary in the game(I am too chicken to find other players to raid with)!  I am hoping that the seven day rewards continue to be legendaries(I would like the see the birds and the beasts best, personally).

Me too, especially my all-time favourite legendary, Articuno! And Mewtwo would be great as well, that is one badass pokemon! I went out to get mail today and so I took the opportunity to take part in (and win) two more raids, making my total quest number 6 out of 10. Hoping for two more tomorrow or the day after tomorrow and the last two the day after that so that I can proceed. I still need 9 or 10 more Magikarp candies in order to evolve it.

I also got my first stamp of the second seven day field research quest, I can't wait to see what could be inside that box! :)

3 hours ago, *Silver Fox* said:

Me too, especially my all-time favourite legendary, Articuno! And Mewtwo would be great as well, that is one badass pokemon! I went out to get mail today and so I took the opportunity to take part in (and win) two more raids, making my total quest number 6 out of 10. Hoping for two more tomorrow or the day after tomorrow and the last two the day after that so that I can proceed. I still need 9 or 10 more Magikarp candies in order to evolve it.

I also got my first stamp of the second seven day field research quest, I can't wait to see what could be inside that box! :)

Articuno is my favorite as well.  It is a large part of why I chose the blue team.

Anyways, onto the fifth section.  Not going to be fun hoping enough ghost types actually show up.

I chose Valor because I took my stubborness as passion lol. It just sucks that so many players nearby are Mystic. And they dont care about respecting other teams. I wait for people to get a good amount of coins from gyms, but whenever I put something in a gym I'm lucky if its there for 5 minutes. I get 7 coins at the most and several times I see a car pull up and actually WAIT for me to leave and then take the gym back. It's almost made me give up on playing the game. I know not all blue are jerks. I mean I know of some good ones, and there are some Valors who are jerks. Especially the retireries who are impatiant and dont want to wait for pwople who are on foot and dont even wait for the start time and because theyre level 40 they think they can call the shots. 

What really irks me is the woman who created our local discord is hardly ever around, yet she hired the services of a guy make a map that shows where raid are and where rare pokemon spawn. The bad part is in order to use the map we have to pay real money. And only those to pay can use it, which I'm pretty sure is cheating/illegal. I refuse to pay. There is another map not through discord which is free and my friend uses when we hang out and we do use that when we arent raiding, but I dont know. Its not the game thats ruining the experience, its the people.

18 hours ago, Nectaris said:

I hope to complete my field research streak tomorrow to get Moltres. It's my second favourite legendary :wub: Like many others, there just aren't any other players in my area for me to have a shot at the high level gym raids. I'm so glad there's another way to get legendaries now.

Edited by obelisk_light

I also caught a moltres yesterday when I finished my 7 day streak. :D was happy to have my third legendary.

I also was able to evolve a few being at cons the last two weeks, and I'm really close to getting a gyarados, so I'll have to save it for the research tasks if they really do want you to evolve a magikarp.

I also caught my first unown! I was leaving PAX and they had the unown that spell out pax around. was super happy about that. I also hatched a snorlax, which was my first. working on the pokedex is getting interesting again and now that the weather is getting better i'll be able to walk more. Super excited to go mareep hunting next sunday. I want my shiny sheep!

What are people using for IV checking? with the banning going on, is there a better way to figure out the best pokemon to evolve?

6 hours ago, water_angel said:

I also caught a moltres yesterday when 

I also caught my first unown! I was leaving PAX and they had the unown that spell out pax around. was super happy about that. I also hatched a snorlax, which was my first. working on the pokedex is getting interesting again and now that the weather is getting better i'll be able to walk more. Super excited to go mareep hunting next sunday. I want my shiny sheep!

Congrats on your Unown!

I caught my first legendary today (Moltres) thanks to the field research. I hope it changes with every streak.

I hatched a Mareep today, so I have enough candies to evolve a Mareep all the way. I'm going to save the candy for community day in case I catch a shiny sheep :D