Lythiaren

Pokemon Go

They probably come out as really strong anyway, so I'm not sure if you'd need to walk 'em for candy. If you really needed to power 'em up, rare candies sound best. Golden razz berries should help the catch rate by a lot, too. But I dunno, I doubt I'd ever get any, I'm never in an area populated enough to beat legends and mythicals. Maybe by some crazy trade when trading is available.

Well so, Go fest in Chicago has apparently been a disaster anyway, to no one's surprise. Not sure how they expected to get that many people in one area and not have connection issues...

Kinda sad.

Nothing changed for me. I'm still in my patch of urban Cali catching pidgey and rattata with 1 pokestop 4 miles away. Although actually I guess sentret shows up now, so that's new.

Whoever said urban players are OP don't take into consideration that many urban areas actually have nothing.

Edited by Ashywolf

4 hours ago, KrazyKarp said:

They probably come out as really strong anyway, so I'm not sure if you'd need to walk 'em for candy. If you really needed to power 'em up, rare candies sound best.

I actually expect the opposite - that they'll come out lower CP and you'll have to walk to power them up. But I guess we'll find out soon. Hopefully rare candies can be used on them... for those folk that actually catch them.

1 hour ago, Kaini said:

Well so, Go fest in Chicago has apparently been a disaster anyway, to no one's surprise. Not sure how they expected to get that many people in one area and not have connection issues...

Kinda sad.

Yeah. I saw the wait period just to get in was absolutely ridiculous. Glad I didn't waste money buying a plane ticket or hotel, lmao.

I guess connection issues is why the global portion of the event is also a flop, IMO. There's only three times + the main event where you get boosts and they only last half an hour. They should have done a lot better job announcing that. I'm not at home, but it's still a 15 minute drive to play PoGo, and my mom very, super kindly planned out a day where we didn't do anything interesting (hiking, biking, kayaking, or tubing - we often do two in a day) so I could walk around for pokemon. It was only after we got to town I discovered the itty bitty half hour windows - and we got to town just after one had ended. I wasn't about to make my mom wait another couple hours for the next one. =\

The only plus to today was the handful of pikahats I caught.

EDIT: lmao, full ticket refund + $100 pokecoin credit for users who went to the event. Floooooooooooop.

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

yeah the game's unplayable if you use a crowded cellular network and despite the scale of the event it seems no cell towers were put in place. before the livestream was muted people were just chanting "we cant play," niantic employees got booed every time they spoke on stage, and some employee is just tweaking the challenge numbers themselves to fulfill them since the game isnt actually playable by most attendants.

i cant say im shocked, unfortunately. niantic absolutely be like that lmao

I just saw someone say they had to restart their phone to get the bonuses we were supposed to get. Now I'm really, mightily ticked off that I wasted time playing regularly. Plus, apparently fest-goers not only got compensated with pokecoins and a refund, but they all got lugia for free!? C'mon. I haven't even gotten to participate in a level 4 raid and I've only tried one 3. There's no way I'm touching a level 5 raid. There's never anybody around to raid with but people who were privileged enough to be able to waste the time and money to go to failfest get pokecoins and lugia? I'm sure they're all feeling better over that but I feel there could have been more fair compensation. I'm betting most the non-locals who showed up are all people cheating and playing PoGo in place of a full time job. They're already levels ahead the rest of us and would have gotten legendaries before us, too, just due to how much they play. And here they are getting free legendaries. =_=

I do think they definitely deserved compensation, but that's a little frustrating.

Bet there's no compensation for us who tried to participate globally and got literally nothing because the game didn't work as it should have.

niantic employees got booed every time they spoke on stage,

Aww. I mean, I 100% understand the frustration (I'm thinking I need to take a break from this game before I want to break someone's face), but I'm guessing employees getting boo'd weren't the ones directly responsible for bad planning. I feel kinda bad for them.

It wasn't employees, it was the CEO lol. So yes he was directly responsible for the bad planning lmao.

Sooooo yea what a disaster, I'm disappointed but I guess not surprised. GO fest attendees got Lugia and.... now the rest of us get to figure out if it's possible to get them via raids esp in small towns. whee.

1 hour ago, Kaini said:

It wasn't employees, it was the CEO lol. So yes he was directly responsible for the bad planning lmao.

Sooooo yea what a disaster, I'm disappointed but I guess not surprised. GO fest attendees got Lugia and.... now the rest of us get to figure out if it's possible to get them via raids esp in small towns. whee.

Ooooh, okay. I feel less bad about that. xP I have seen multiple reports that people threw water bottles and other trash at employees on stage, though, and that's not okay.

It's too bad all of us on this thread can't just meet up to raid together. Argh.

yeah the CEO did talk and was booed but a few other people also spoke and also got booed which is what i was talking about. i remember when legendary raids were first coming out people kept saying their warning timer went for about 48 hours but now i'm not sure if that's true? i really hope it is because it'd be excellent to have that much time to prepare since i live in an area with a kind of spotty pogo community....

Edited by Switch

Legendaries are like 100% capture rates , they require  lots of  people to beat tho, but they are not that hard and I see many people getting more than 1 legendary and they are Lugia and Articuno.  Thats how they are trying to  make people happy right now. But they are not that good and you cant put them in gyms aswell, pretty much for collection. :)  Lugia comes as 1916 cp after caught and articuno comes as 1.6k cp. But still, it would make me feel good to have at least one. 

uh i heard the base capture rate for legendaries was 2%. is it temporarily tweaked or something? well thank god i would have been annoyed if i ran out of balls on a lugia...

Edited by Switch

I caught 2x Lugias and 1x Articunos yay!!!. They are 100% chance to catch, go guys catch your legends. And its giving uber exp, I got 13k exp without any egg boost lol from Lugia raids. I am on another Articuno and there goes my  last raid pass and coins.  I wonder if this is an event or Legend raids are gonna stay like this because everyone will horde legends , well we are hording them right now, people shout in the street lol. Everyone is so hyped but its kinda easy really. And we need 5 more guys to down this Articuno.

For Lugia Raids , I used  Lanturns, Golems  and Gyaradoses, Gyarados with bite does great job. You can also use Tyranitars / Houndoom aswell for the best.

For Articuno , Used Lanturns , Golems , Arcanine and Tyhplosions.

Try to dodge most attacks even small ones, but big moves are the crucial part. 

Edited by rayheart

Hello everyone, its my first time here. Also its interesting to read what was up in Chicago, etc. I am from Germany and I havent a chance to go to such an event.>,> Still I look forward when the legends come to Europe. :) 

Happy Hunting everyone..... 

7 minutes ago, Frano said:

Hello everyone, its my first time here. Also its interesting to read what was up in Chicago, etc. I am from Germany and I havent a chance to go to such an event.>,> Still I look forward when the legends come to Europe. :) 

Happy Hunting everyone..... 

They are up in whole world. But 100% catch chance in Chiacago and low on other Countries. 

Why its written in quote duh 

Edited by rayheart

3 minutes ago, rayheart said:

Why its written in quote duh 

HI, thanks for the info. and i thought it was depend on Chicago about the catching rate... extra bonus. So in other Countries we can catch them too. Oo Then I proberly understood that wrong. 

Alright, I have to wait longer for the legends/ search better. ^___^ 

26 minutes ago, Frano said:

HI, thanks for the info. and i thought it was depend on Chicago about the catching rate... extra bonus. So in other Countries we can catch them too. Oo Then I proberly understood that wrong. 

Alright, I have to wait longer for the legends/ search better. ^___^ 

Yes you can , but you will need to be lucky to catch. :) Hope you can catch it, yesterday was a disaster at event lol. People were throwing bottles and yooing the ceo because noone could do anything because of  the connection and crashes, they had to fake the results for bonuses and  gave lugia away to whoever bought the tickets and they  refunded the tickets. They also give a hundred dollars worth pokecoins to everyone who attented.  Thats why legendaries are 100% catch there right now lol. They really massed it, the event was disorganised.

And raid has no egg hatching timers right now. They just pop up. 

I know right Socket, wish we could unite and raid, would be awesome to play together. 

Edited by rayheart

I caught an articuno as well!! there were two gyms next to each other that had articuno as a raid and I didn't catch the first one but the second one it rolled once then was caught. I was so surprised, I figured I would have to battle at least 10 more before I caught one. there were about 16 of us at these two raids and 3/4 of us actually caught one of them, so imo that's not bad odds. I really don't think these should be easy to catch, they are easy to battle with enough people, but it's okay to have to go to a few before you catch one.

It's disappointing that the festival was such a mess, maybe they'll learn from it. If they do decide to do another one, maybe they'll spread it out to different capitols around the country instead.

Aye, legends do not feel like legends. Tyranitar is harder to catch haha. 

3 hours ago, rayheart said:

They are 100% chance to catch, go guys catch your legends. 

Most definitely are not. I went to a Articuno raid, beat it with 11 other people and there were like 20 other people who had started raid earlier on the spot too and NONE of us caught it. I haven't heard of anyone around here catching it yet. Maybe it's 100% in some parts of US, but not all of us live there, so this is not true for many people. 

Anyway, the raid was cool on every other aspect, I didn't even know that you can keep putting more pokemon in the fight when the first six faint! 13K XP is also a welcomed bonus, and on top of that I got charged TM, 3 Rare candys and some revives. I'm really enjoying the other bonuses too, 1,7 km for a Larvitar candy is just so much more reasonable than 5 km. Oh, and guess what? Hatched another 10K, yet another Sudowoodo. 3 in a row. Nice.

lol. I hatched a sudowoodo from an egg a while back when I had already caught five, the first of which was the first day Johto pokemon came to the game. I did hatch a larvitar from an egg yesterday, not a mareep but I'll take it. He's got good IVs too so he will be my someday tyrannitar.

Are you able to buy coins from the shop? I wanted to spend money for 1 raid pass, but I can't. :mellow:

I want to have Lugia and Articuno, I used my free pass but Articuno run away....:( 

I really hope they will stay. I always hear something from 48 hours, that would be horrible if they stay in that short time.

I was off to a bad start this morning... flew out of bed bc I saw the local facebook group was doing a lugia raid and showed up 5 mins after everyone had left. Wasted my pass completely, and now i'm disillusioned and can't afford to buy any more. :/

Niantic needs to change it so you can see the lobby WITHOUT using your pass.

1 hour ago, Shajana said:

Are you able to buy coins from the shop? I wanted to spend money for 1 raid pass, but I can't. :mellow:

Yeah, scroll to the bottom of the shop. ^^

58 minutes ago, Kaini said:

I was off to a bad start this morning... flew out of bed bc I saw the local facebook group was doing a lugia raid and showed up 5 mins after everyone had left. Wasted my pass completely, and now i'm disillusioned and can't afford to buy any more. :/

Niantic needs to change it so you can see the lobby WITHOUT using your pass.

Aww, that sucks. I totally agree! I've always thought it was a bit backwards that you had to use your pass without seeing how many people were there but you can still run away before doing the fight - a total waste of the raid pass. Might as well at least go in and try and see how bad you'll get beaten. =\

Ah now I can buy coins again, it was a bug, my game had problems.

Well now I tried to catch Lugia but it fled.:wacko:

I just won a Muk raid and I was able to catch it. It's decent, but not one of my best six.