Lythiaren

Pokemon Go

Our group is gathering for our very first Moltres. We will be meeting in 30 mins. Wish me luck. 

I only just now realized you can give berries to your pokes in gyms without having to physically be at the gym. o: I was hoping for this earlier! Glad to see it implemented. Now to just wait a week until we return home so I can stock up on items. Continuously at less than 10 regular pokeballs and less than 5 each of great/ultra with similar stats for my berries. =X

2 hours ago, SockPuppet Strangler said:

I only just now realized you can give berries to your pokes in gyms without having to physically be at the gym. o: I was hoping for this earlier! Glad to see it implemented. Now to just wait a week until we return home so I can stock up on items. Continuously at less than 10 regular pokeballs and less than 5 each of great/ultra with similar stats for my berries. =X

WHAT, really? O: that's amazing! Hopefully it doesn't lead to that that gyms will become impossible to beat, if someone just sits at home and feed their pokes berries continuously when someone is trying to beat the gym. 

if you feed a pokemon without being there, the amount of hp they gain is heavily reduced. so it shouldn't be too much of a pain to battle them.

saw two articuno yesterday at my two gyms and was so disappointed that no one was there. My friends gave up playing so I don't think I'll be able to get the other legendaries.

We beat two Moltreses but I couldnt catch any :( . Its easier to beat than Articuno.

I had the same problem... I beat two Moltres and catch non of them... They are easier to beat than Articuno, but much harder to catch, the hitbox is horrible and it is so far away.

17 minutes ago, Shajana said:

I had the same problem... I beat two Moltres and catch non of them... They are easier to beat than Articuno, but much harder to catch, the hitbox is horrible and it is so far away.

Yea , I agree  Moltres is so thin and hard to hit because it keeps going up and down and flies from far. 

Edited by rayheart

5 hours ago, HeDy said:

WHAT, really? O: that's amazing! Hopefully it doesn't lead to that that gyms will become impossible to beat, if someone just sits at home and feed their pokes berries continuously when someone is trying to beat the gym. 

Yeah, go to your pokemon, then click on any one that is a gym. There's a "go to gym" option which will let you feed your poke berries and, I assume, any other pokes in the gym (haven't been able to confirm that, though, as I just discovered it yesterday and otherwise didn't go out to play).

What water_angel said, though. I've had my poke in the gym for like 6 days now, so I fed it a golden razz berry the first time. The HP went down pretty quick after that. I would have to check, but it's probably already lowered again, when it usually takes about three days to fully lower. But it could be a good way to work on your berry badge and, if you catch it at the right time, discourage someone from taking your gym.

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler
Oops. Stray period.

There's a new Pokestop in my area and the Pokestop next to it turned into a Gym. Didn't know that could happen.

I actually won my first raid a couple of days ago with my family. It was an Exeggcutor. Nothing special, but at least I finally got to take my new Houndoom on a test drive.

1 hour ago, marienine said:

There's a new Pokestop in my area and the Pokestop next to it turned into a Gym. Didn't know that could happen.

Niantic is constantly adding more.

I'm not even in a particularly rural area right now, but there just aren't enough Go players around to form the minimum for a Lugia or bird trio raid. Kind of sad. People don't want to wait around for two hours for nothing, and I can't blame them.

They should make it so when the raid timer is reaching thirty min or less, the bosses' difficulty is extremely reduced and perhaps soloable. There needs to be something to bring this feature to rural / unpopular areas, or this game is going to crash even harder when people don't have a reason to log on anymore. Maybe it already is, lol.

It would be nice if the raid difficulty scaled to the number of people in the raid, and maybe even to their levels. I'm okay with them not being solo-able, I guess, but I don't know enough people for raids to be do-able for me at this time.

7 hours ago, marienine said:

In addition to what Kaini said, Niantec also owns Ingress and recently gave everyone level 12 and above there permission to once against create new portals, which also corresponds to PoGo getting new stops (AFAIK)! Which is very nice. I just wish I had played Ingress a few more levels so I could strategically place more stops for myself. :lol:

5 hours ago, Nine said:

I'm not even in a particularly rural area right now, but there just aren't enough Go players around to form the minimum for a Lugia or bird trio raid. Kind of sad. People don't want to wait around for two hours for nothing, and I can't blame them.

They should make it so when the raid timer is reaching thirty min or less, the bosses' difficulty is extremely reduced and perhaps soloable. There needs to be something to bring this feature to rural / unpopular areas, or this game is going to crash even harder when people don't have a reason to log on anymore. Maybe it already is, lol.

5 hours ago, Dew said:

It would be nice if the raid difficulty scaled to the number of people in the raid, and maybe even to their levels. I'm okay with them not being solo-able, I guess, but I don't know enough people for raids to be do-able for me at this time.

I really like both of those ideas. Tbh, it's actually shocking that Niantec continues to ignore easy solutions like this and shove rural players down the drain.

Rural players are just kinda outta the picture in general. Like I've said before, to get spawns I need to drive about 25 minutes away to a place where I have to pay for parking. Free parking, sure, but paying just to play a Pokemon game is just... yeah I'm not doing it.

Edit: Alternate solution is driving about an hour away instead, which I'm not doing either unless I'm going to hang out with friends.

As a whole, Niantic doesn't handle Pokemon Go very well. The only reason people probably still play it is because it's Pokemon. If it were anything else, it'd be nothing by now.

Edited by KrazyKarp

10 minutes ago, KrazyKarp said:

As a whole, Niantic doesn't handle Pokemon Go very well. The only reason people probably still play it is because it's Pokemon. If it were anything else, it'd be nothing by now.

This is so true lol. They've just mishandled it so badly.

Also, Moltres is apparently much easier than Articuno.  The raid facebook group I follow (which really helps get raids together in a small, rural town! We're doing pretty good actually) mentioned they've been able to take it down with as few as three high level people.

Still no legends for me. And I've had to stop going to the water tower gym down the street - the owner of the business that shares the parking lot has been chasing people away and threatening to call the cops anew. She's just hunting everyone down out of the parking lot, it's really... like, really, pogo players aren't hurting anything and she's really gonna spend her time stalking the lot and immediately chasing them away? Just wow, honestly.

I just tried finding a group on FB for my area and there is literally NONE. Niantic needs to open up a bit more for rural areas. A town about 5-6 minutes away has a gym and a few stops but it's not that big, the other place is about half hour away or an hour for another. :/

i was in the area of a moltres raid today and i had a really good team set up for it and i was... the only one there....... my area isn't even rural it has a rather active playerbase. just. nobody came. there was like one mystic dude and he bailed immediately.

Edited by Switch

Took me 2 days to find people for raiding. I created a new facebook group with my city name on it with 2017 since most of the players quited in 2016 and not playing anymore. Posted a new topic on a very popular gaming community forum with same title and they reached me . I was the same with noone doing raids, now we are at least 11 in a raid, doing all legendaries and tyranitars when spawned. Our country doesnt even have the game , we have to change our accounts to the countries that have it to download it. We have the servers , but not the game offically lol, but so many players are playing this game in big cities. We have like 20 pokestops and 12 gyms total in our city, I am glad they are close to eachother =_=.  

I hope you guys find people to raid, I had the same problem for a long time. 

Caught two Moltres btw, both has amazing stats, but meh... So many weakness and as  Kaini said, Moltres is doeble with 3 people with 3k+ cp Tyranitars and 2.5k+cp  Golems with Rock Type Attacks espically Rock Throw and Stone edge. 

Edited by rayheart

Finally I got my Moltres, horrible IV, but I got it for the Pokedex, now my next goal is to catch a better one.:lol:

Aw, my tyranitar only made it 6 days in the gym. I was hoping to make it 10 before it was kicked out. xP

9 hours ago, SockPuppet Strangler said:

Aw, my tyranitar only made it 6 days in the gym. I was hoping to make it 10 before it was kicked out. xP

Insane time still! I've never had one to stay at a gym for even a day. There' such a quick rotation, it doesn't matter if they're full packed gyms or not, all the ones near me change at least once a day! 

7 hours ago, HeDy said:

I****e time still! I've never had one to stay at a gym for even a day. There' such a quick rotation, it doesn't matter if they're full packed gyms or not, all the ones near me change at least once a day! 

This is a stop you have to drive halfway up a mountain and then walk up the other half to get in range for the gym, lol. It doesn't get much traffic at all. xP I was the only one in the gym the whole time, too. In town, the gyms usually rotate quicker, though I have had pokes in some gyms for a few days before. The gyms where they rotate once every couple hours - don't find those as fun. :blink:

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

I'm visiting Florida and I just caught a Corsola! I'm hoping to also get a Heracross before I have to go home.

Looks like the thread is kinda dead. XD Well not anymore. I reached lvl 34 now and already gained like %15 thanks to raids . I managed to catch a nice bunch amount of Zapdos. They are easier to catch than other birds for me and is it me or they are all shint coloured. I read that Niantic coded the regular zapdos with shiny colours  by mistake. 

This weeks nests are Onix,Geodude , Charmander and Remoraids in my city. I am going to get more Golems and a bunch of Steelixes and one more Charizard I guess. 

Edited by rayheart