Jump to content
Lythiaren

Pokemon Go

Recommended Posts

My husband has caught an articuno and a lugia. Me? Nothing. -_- I finally just gave up and went home seriously upset over a game. 

Share this post


Link to post

The topic I posted on the website I was talking about actually worked!.  Someone pmed me and we have a whatsapp group with 13 people and  we defeated and 5 of us captured Articuno including me.

Share this post


Link to post

I thought IVs weren't supposed to change through evolution, so you should be able to evolve good pokes via appraisal??? I had an excellent machop, which evolved into an excellent machoke. Spark (well, still Candela...) said they were an excellent battler with the best stats. Evolved to machamp and all of a sudden they're a terrible battler with the worst stats. What the heck? I rarely get those candies. That was such a waste. =(

 

EDIT: Thank you, bonus event! Halfway through level 33 already, hatched so many eggs in the past few days it's awesome, hit my jogger badge, ended up with 13 pikahats (now deciding if I should get rid of some or save some for trading), and had service during my hike today, so I went from 349 magikarp candies to 387! So close to unlocking gyarados! My pokedex is finally pretty well filled out. I'm missing some random rares (grimer, girafarig, unown, ampharos - which I can walk for, kingdra - which I can walk for, feraligator - which I can walk for, region exclusives except Tauros, and all the legendaries) but that's about it. Slowly working towards as filled out as it's going to get, since I'm not ever going to get other region exclusives or any legendaries. o3o

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

Share this post


Link to post

The event has ended , but looks like they have lowered the pokemon spawns more than they used to be before the event. There are really a  few spawning.

Share this post


Link to post

Only 13 candies away from unlocking Machamp, and the Diglett I got from 2K today led me to unlock Dugtrio! Also, is anyone else getting a lot of regular Pikachus spawning or did they just set up a nest for them right on our doorstep? Not complaining in either case!

 

Yesterday I went to a Charizard raid with my boyfriend and we got our arses totally kicked. For some reason we thought we could totally take it down with just the two of us, but no, the mighty beast brought us back down to earth quite quickly. Oh well, I'll just keep waiting for enough Charmanders to hatch from 2k's! My boyfriend had a mission to get a Charizard this month, so he walked over 100 km with his Charmander. Dedication. 

Share this post


Link to post

I got a random pikachu spawn (without a hat) earlier, when I've hardly ever seen them before the event.

 

Edit: One of my friends has three lugias somehow.

Edited by Peachycupcake525

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, HeDy said:

Also, is anyone else getting a lot of regular Pikachus spawning or did they just set up a nest for them right on our doorstep? Not complaining in either case!

 

2 hours ago, Peachycupcake525 said:

I got a random pikachu spawn (without a hat) earlier, when I've hardly ever seen them before the event.

 

They did just change nests, so it's possible you both have a new pikachu nest (although nests tend to be parks). I haven't been near any stops yet today, so I can't say if pikachu is more common around here. xP

 

Congrats on the diglett, HeDy!

Share this post


Link to post

Nah, it's not a nest, I don't think, just a random spawn. It was in the middle of a road. It was near a park, though.

 

Today I went to an articuno raid with two of my friends. The one that started 10 days ago and the one that started the same day I did. There were a few other people, including someone who was I think level 38. We beat it, but only a few people managed to catch it. For the friend that's new, her thing finally worked, but she didn't catch it. I was only able to throw three of my six balls. At least we beat it.

Edited by Peachycupcake525

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, HeDy said:

Yesterday I went to a Charizard raid with my boyfriend and we got our arses totally kicked. For some reason we thought we could totally take it down with just the two of us, but no, the mighty beast brought us back down to earth quite quickly. Oh well, I'll just keep waiting for enough Charmanders to hatch from 2k's! My boyfriend had a mission to get a Charizard this month, so he walked over 100 km with his Charmander. Dedication. 

 

Yea, for a tier 4 you need at least 7-8 people over level 24-25.

 

From what I've seen the raids look a bit like this:

 

Tier 1: Can be solo'd by most reasonably leveled people

 

Tier 2: Can be solo'd by higher level people, easily done with two people

 

Tier 3: Generally needs minimum four-five people (I haven't done as many of these, what do ya'll think)

 

Tier 4: Needs 7-8 people absolute minimum

 

Legendary/Tier 5: 15+ people, 11 absolute min

Share this post


Link to post
24 minutes ago, Kaini said:

Yea, for a tier 4 you need at least 7-8 people over level 24-25.

 

From what I've seen the raids look a bit like this:

 

Tier 1: Can be solo'd by most reasonably leveled people

Tier 2: Can be solo'd by higher level people, easily done with two people

Tier 3: Generally needs minimum four-five people (I haven't done as many of these, what do ya'll think)

Tier 4: Needs 7-8 people absolute minimum

Legendary/Tier 5: 15+ people, 11 absolute min

 

I've only tried one T3 (vaporeon) by myself and couldn't beat it, so haven't touched another because no one to play with. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Haven't had any problem solo'ing T2's as level 31+ (except a wheezing where I made bad battler choices). I'm pretty sure I could have beat the T3 vaporeon with one, maybe, two other people playing with me, though. I maybe could have done it myself if I didn't dodge and just went through another round of pokes. I got pretty dern close.

T5, one of the guys in our area's facebook group who plays 40+ hours a week, just posted a video where him and his friends (three level 40s and one level 38) beat an articuno by themselves. =U

Share this post


Link to post

I did three legendary raids today. I caught an articuno (my first legendary) at the same time as two of my friends. We're all mystic.

 

I've won a legendary battle with like 8 or 9 people. There are a bunch of people near where I live that play, so there are often a bunch of people at legendary raids. We have a discord and stuff to inform us of those, so I guess that's why.

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, Kaini said:

Yea, for a tier 4 you need at least 7-8 people over level 24-25

 

Yup, clearly! We had talked about tier 4 raids being impossible for us just on our own earlier, but somehow with this Charizard popping up we just kinda forgot that it wouldn't be as easy as the lower tiers. 

 

This morning, we went to overrun this already quite beaten down-Mystic gym and finished it easily. When we were putting our pokes in the gym, this small little stoat (kind of a marten-like animal) popped up from the pile of wood right next to us! He was just looking at us curiously, standing about 1 meter away from us. Too damn cute!! Gotta give thanks to PoGo for this, otherwise I wouldn't have had any reason to stand on that spot quietly for all that time! Wish I could've caught him in a ball, such a small, adorable critter.

 

JynvptM.jpg

Had to add this photo that I managed to get here too, LOOK AT HIM! He so cute!

 

Also congrats Peachy on your Articuno!

Edited by HeDy
because cute

Share this post


Link to post

I found that three people can beat a tier three. Twice I've had me my friend and his boyfriend beat a machamp and an alakazam. We are all 25-27 level so it is doable.

 

My friend rage quit the game though. He caught Lugia after the second try but got mad when he went 0 for 9 on Articuno. So I probably won't be getting a shot at lugia, moltres or zapdos unless his boyfriend will go with me. I think it's kind of sad when you let a game get to you like that.

 

I was going to go take back my gym this morning since it's still so early but there's literally a war going on at it between red and yellow so I'll leave it alone, lol.

Share this post


Link to post

I haven't had time to try for any more legendaries, been working, so I may not get an articuno unless I land one tomorrow 8(

 

There was a graph I found a while back that offered tips for getting better chances at catching legends when you beat the raids - for one thing, just using a curveball like doubles your chances. Obviously golden razz berries, and also hitting the 'great' and 'excellent' helps a lot. If you're just throwing straight balls you're missing out on a lot of the chance.

Share this post


Link to post

Yeah, curveballs supposedly give you better chance of catching all pokes, though probably not double. Don't know that I've really noticed a diff, but I need all the extra points I can get.

 

~

 

Lmaooooooooooo. Niantec way overcorrected how easy it was to capture raid bosses, essentially overselling and making both premier balls and golden razz berries useless (I used a golden razz berry to try and capture a pikahat the other day since I only had three pokeballs left. Didn't work, but a regular razz berry did it for me. =_= ) I defeated a T1 quilava in less than 20 seconds. Wasting one regular razz berry and two golden razz berries, using curveballs and hitting every time, 11 premier balls wasn't enough. A T1 quilava and I couldn't catch it. I've caught three or four wild quilava (including an excellent one) easier than that. They shouldn't have a red ring with "premier" balls. =\ I'll be participating in raids for the XP and items, but the only reason I'll continue to try catching is because at least I don't have to waste my own pokeballs. I definitely won't be using any more items on raid bosses, though. Maybe I would if I had 50 golden razz berries to waste. premier balls should really be called something else now, though. Pathetic balls? Pity balls? Bland balls? Mayo balls? Anything but premier. >.> Surprised anybody has caught a legendary with these crap odds, lmao.

 

Good news is, unlocked gyarados! Only got bite but it did end up with hydro pump.

Share this post


Link to post

Hatched a Porygon today and caught a Snorlax yesterday which I'm super excited about. Unfortunately, I live in the middle of nowhere so I have zero chance of ever getting a legendary :(

I wish there was a way to get them yourself because I can't ever find people near me to fight raids with me. 

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, SockPuppet Strangler said:

Yeah, curveballs supposedly give you better chance of catching all pokes, though probably not double. Don't know that I've really noticed a diff, but I need all the extra points I can get.

 

~

 

Lmaooooooooooo. Niantec way overcorrected how easy it was to capture raid bosses, essentially overselling and making both premier balls and golden razz berries useless (I used a golden razz berry to try and capture a pikahat the other day since I only had three pokeballs left. Didn't work, but a regular razz berry did it for me. =_= ) I defeated a T1 quilava in less than 20 seconds. Wasting one regular razz berry and two golden razz berries, using curveballs and hitting every time, 11 premier balls wasn't enough. A T1 quilava and I couldn't catch it. I've caught three or four wild quilava (including an excellent one) easier than that. They shouldn't have a red ring with "premier" balls. =\ I'll be participating in raids for the XP and items, but the only reason I'll continue to try catching is because at least I don't have to waste my own pokeballs. I definitely won't be using any more items on raid bosses, though. Maybe I would if I had 50 golden razz berries to waste. premier balls should really be called something else now, though. Pathetic balls? Pity balls? Bland balls? Mayo balls? Anything but premier. >.> Surprised anybody has caught a legendary with these crap odds, lmao.

 

Good news is, unlocked gyarados! Only got bite but it did end up with hydro pump.

Curved balls giving better chance to catch is a Myth. I dont even curve and I caught 4 lugias and 5 articunos so far and the group I am playing with is the believers of that curva ball chance and I am the only person who caught the most lol. I think its all luck and RNG. Not that I am not believing the curve balling , but its an unsolved puzzle lol. I am 3 candies away from Blissey. Hatched a chansey in the event :D . After today's legendary raids which we will start doing in 2 hours ( the raid bosses spawn timer actually ) I will have enough rare candies to evolve my Chansey. 

Edited by rayheart

Share this post


Link to post
20 minutes ago, rayheart said:

Curved balls giving better chance to catch is a Myth. I dont even curve and I caught 4 lugias and 5 articunos so far and the group I am playing with is the believers of that curva ball chance and I am the only person who caught the most lol. I think its all luck and RNG. Not that I am not believing the curve balling , but its an unsolved puzzle lol.

 

I don't think it's a myth. There's actual data mining to backup that curveballs increase your chance of success. Silph road also did a test with a ton of users that showed that, overall, curveballs do give you a better catch rate.

 

I don't think you not curving and getting a legendary while those who curve didn't disproves the data mining. It's just that a 1.5x multiplier doesn't mean you have a 52% chance at the legendary, it means you have a 4% chance (assuming 2% base rate). There's still very low chances overall, so yes, luck definitely does play into it. You just got extra lucky.

 

From Epimetheos for Silph Road:

legendaryiagag.jpg

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler
I haaaaaaaate trying to post images on the new forum. =|

Share this post


Link to post

Half way to level 20 finally. Hoping I can get there fairly soon, I've also caught a Pikachu and Raichu the other day. Wish I didn't live down some back road that don't get spawns often. >_<

Share this post


Link to post

Thanks for posting the graph, Sock! I also thought that curveballing was just a myth, but this actually proves something. And I agree with you on the ridiculous difficulty of catching the raid bosses, I also missed a Quilava after 11 premiere balls, some even with Golden Razzberries. Raiding has lost a bit of it's charm because it seems like a waste to battle even the lowest tiers when it's too hard to catch them. 

Share this post


Link to post

And yet did 2 artis today and got one tier 1 articuno :D   without any curves.

Share this post


Link to post

What sock said, there's that graph I couldn't be bothered to link !

 

Curveballing does give you a significantly increased chance! With a curveball, golden berry + good aim and a medal you can get your changes up to 20% which definitely beats 3%.

Share this post


Link to post

For the Caterpie/Weedle/Pidgey + Lucky Egg trick, do you need 30 of EACH type to use up a entire 30 minute lucky egg or just 30 combined? I got nearly that amount and considering doing it so I can get to 20 so next time I'm out I hopefully have some better luck.

 

Oh, and what is the maximum number of Pokemon storage slots you can have? I know the bag storage is now 1,500.

Edited by demonicvampiregirl

Share this post


Link to post
47 minutes ago, demonicvampiregirl said:

For the Caterpie/Weedle/Pidgey + Lucky Egg trick, do you need 30 of EACH type to use up a entire 30 minute lucky egg or just 30 combined? I got nearly that amount and considering doing it so I can get to 20 so next time I'm out I hopefully have some better luck.

 

Oh, and what is the maximum number of Pokemon storage slots you can have? I know the bag storage is now 1,500.

I can evolve around 65-70 pokes in 30mins. Some people says they could evolve more than 70. 

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, demonicvampiregirl said:

For the Caterpie/Weedle/Pidgey + Lucky Egg trick, do you need 30 of EACH type to use up a entire 30 minute lucky egg or just 30 combined? I got nearly that amount and considering doing it so I can get to 20 so next time I'm out I hopefully have some better luck.

 

Oh, and what is the maximum number of Pokemon storage slots you can have? I know the bag storage is now 1,500.

 

For evolving any during a lucky egg, you should aim for at least/around 60 - 70 pokes. It might depend on your phone speed. For me, it takes about 20 seconds for the evolution animation to complete, so factoring in human speed to get to the next group of evolvables, I can do around 55 - 65 depending on how I book it and if my phone freezes during any animations. (I don't get many caterpies or weedles here, so I depend on pidgey, ratata, nidoran, sentret, snubbell, paras, and spinarak.) If you favorite everything you have to evolve, that can help you scroll faster between things so you're not scrolling an alphabetized list from caterpie to weedle, but it takes a while and you need to unfavorite so you can transfer them all. It's definitely worth saving up to do that for the XP, though.

 

I didn't even realize there was a max storage. XD Googled it and someone said 1000 on Jun 13 of this year, but it seems like they should have increased pokemon storage when they increased item storage.

Share this post


Link to post

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.