Lythiaren

Pokemon Go

2 or so years ago there was a day where it was hazy all day (super rare occurrence) yet, PoGo said it's overcast. The weather hazy doesn't even exist lol. I mean it does but is is exceptionally rare. We also had such a mild winter, we only got like one or two times the hail weather. But honestly, sometimes just a temperature under 0 degrees C triggers the snowy weather, so that's awesome.

Sometimes a single cloud makes the weather partially cloudy in PoGo.

Sometimes the weather is accurate, sometimes it is wrong and sometimes it is half an hour ahead of time or late. (Pogo shows rain, an hour later it rains, Pogo then shows overcast again)

I mean, Weather is always sorta unpredictable, especially when you take it super local like PoGo does. It's a nice feature nonetheless.

And PoGo just changed the weather from sunny to partially cloudy with rain animation. Real world outside: sunny with super thin small clouds and a bit of wind. No rain, no big clouds. Yeah, good job PoGo weather system.

Edited by Shakura Kazuki

Hatched a shiny Klink today!  It even has decent IVs.

Also found a shiny staryu as well, though it has poor IVs.

I'm getting annoyed with these 'vote for the next C-day mon!' polls. Caterpie? Grimer? Really? They know Porygon and Charmander are gonna win. Porygon because "NEW!!" and Charmander because we all know people love the shiny black dragon.

9dc7c28cc6c7dbe029afadf4e03577f582985ffe

49 minutes ago, Syiren said:

I'm getting annoyed with these 'vote for the next C-day mon!' polls. Caterpie? Grimer? Really? They know Porygon and Charmander are gonna win. Porygon because "NEW!!" and Charmander because we all know people love the shiny black dragon.

Yeah.  I haven't seen the announcement, but yeah, not thrilled about this.  Granted, I want more shiny Charizards for my black dragon army, but not necessarily a C-Day.  Is this going to be another Twitter poll?  I couldn't participate in the vote last time because it was members only.

I have heard that they are focusing on mons with mega evolutions since they are coming out soonish.

Edited by Nectaris

50 minutes ago, Nectaris said:

Yeah.  I haven't seen the announcement, but yeah, not thrilled about this.  Granted, I want more shiny Charizards for my black dragon army, but not necessarily a C-Day.  Is this going to be another Twitter poll?  I couldn't participate in the vote last time because it was members only.

I have heard that they are focusing on mons with mega evolutions since they are coming out soonish.

Not sure, I got the news from my google notifications. As for megas, I welcome that completely, but only Charmander has one out of the 4 chosen. Butterfree, Muk and Porygon Z don't have megas.

Why not have a regional C-day. Even if its the kanto ones for the first one. Have their shiny forms mixed into the crowd. I'd be down for that. I only have shiny Tauros. I'd love to get a shiny Far Fetch'd or a Mr. 'Lime' lol. It'd give me a chance to get some more candy for my 100% Far Fetch'd too.

still don't have a shiny Charizard (or any of the Kanto starters shiny) so I still welcome that but that's just me personally I won't blame others for not wanting that(like with karp day recently).

Out of the other 3 choices even though we know Porygon will win cause new I'd quite like a chance to get the Caterpie family as shiny since my list of shinies looks odd with a full shiny Weedle line but no Caterpie lol....Grimer could be OK too since we may get the Alolan form thrown in too....still don't care for the Alola's but that could be 4 new shinies for me (2 grimers 2 Muk)

I'm perfectly happy with the Shiny Charizard that I bred for on my Moon version, and I don't really need a second, so I'm more than willing to vote for a Porygon this coming C-day.  *tries to hide view of two shiny Sceptile, shiny Torterra and Turtwig and shiny Cursola and Galarian Corsola.*

Edited by Lightstorm12000

Well, no new unown or shiny staryu for me...however I did catch a shiny baltoy AND shiny bronzor (now claydol and bronzong respectively).

And thanks to Unova week, I'll finally be able to get enough candy to evolve my roggenrola. Maybe I'll get lucky and get the Shiny Genesect (just got done with a raid - 6 of us took one down...one I got was not shiny and had worse stats than the one I got from the research event)

I wanted a shiny Solrock, Lunatone, Baltoy or Staryu so badly but all I got was an Unknown U...

Oh the other hand, it was a LIMITED shiny, which means it cannot be shiny anymore which doesn't really matter because Unknowns are basically nonexistent away from events.

But it's still nice I guess?

After my Rayquaza desaster I kept it easy on Deoxys. Got my shiny (84%) after 10 raids and haven't done any more afterwards. Also because I already have an old 96% from ex-raid.

I made some Genesect raids today and got my shiny (a 2 Star one, meh) but also a 93% and 98% normal. Now I have a good IV and a shiny so I'm done with Genesect as well. But it's an awesome Pokemon so I think I'll do a few more, maybe try for a better IV shiny.

The recent c-days really suck. I think the Pokemon that can be voted for are all for PVP. They want to shake up the meta a little with some cool pokemon with special attacks that are good for pvp. I don't like pvp so it's all rather "meh" for me. The only shiny I would need are Alola-Grimer and Porygon. 

Also.. urgh, Charmander. I have 8!  awesome IV (96%, 98&, 100%) Charizards, 6 of them have C-day attacks (Blast Burn) and I also have a 84% shiny and a 93% Clone. I REALLY don't need these anymore.

Edited by Shakura Kazuki

...Wow. so the Go Fest make-up day had its ups and downs for me. Had great luck with Fire hour. Caught another shiny hat charmander, and then caught two back to back shinies with ponyta and alolan marowak. 

I wrapped up fire hour by doing my first ever Genesect raid. I got the shiny and it was a 3 star. I think it's a 93%. CP was 1889 or 1883. Phone's charging otherwise I'd look. Water hour was... ironically dry of shinies. Friendship hour was too up until the last three minutes when I caught my second shiny marill. finally have my shiny azumarill now.

I did see this one glitch several times. It was like the sky glitch only it was like you were zoomed in super close on the overworld and your character isn't there, just the nearby pokemon and stops. I had to keep reloading.

Anyone else besides me finding the newest releases a tad rare? I've only seen 3 Cottonees in total so far since the event started and not one Emolga or Sewaddle, also only seen 3 Genesect raids spawn near me....

Cottonees don't seem that rare, I have found a couple.  I have found one emolga in the wild, and two or three sewaddle.  I'm not surprised about emolga being rare, but I am sewaddle .

And they are doing a twitter vote...  Thanks Niantic for denying me a voice in this.  I point-blank refuse to sign up for twitter.  Would it really be that hard to use a third party survey site that you don't have to join to vote?  Or find a way to incorporate it into the game.

No shinies for me during the make up time.  I had to work through part of it, and it was so hot I didn't really do much when I was free to do it.

Edited by Nectaris

Glad I'm not the only one they are kinda rare for lol, did see an Emolga earlier but the bugger ran off.

Got no shinies or really anything good during the make up event.

Oh and yeah bugger the Twatter only poll, pretty sure they should be able to make their own in game poll system like just have it flash up when you next sign in like those annoying "Rate our app" popups or something lol.

I heard the reason they do it on Twitter is so that everyone can be sure that Niantic does not manipulate the poll. I can't vote either because I don't have an account, but won't make one for the sole reason for voting c-days.

Anyways, the make up event granted me two more shinies, but both are for trade... it was an Alolan Maroak (0 Star, but I already have a 2 Star from a raid) and a Clamperl. (0 Stars as well and I already have some 2 and 3 Stars)

On 8/17/2020 at 12:34 PM, smokeytripod said:

Anyone else besides me finding the newest releases a tad rare? I've only seen 3 Cottonees in total so far since the event started and not one Emolga or Sewaddle, also only seen 3 Genesect raids spawn near me....

Cottoned has been uncommon, but I'm still finding between 2 - 5 a day. Sewaddle has been more rare (lucky to find 1-2 a day).

Just one Emolga that showed up for me at 3 am this morning.

Not the best, but not the worst in my opinion.

Well I saw my first Sewaddle today on the drive to my grandparents (I was a passenger don't worry lol) and it despawned before I could click it which is kinda annoying.

Also did 6 Genesects today during raid hour....no shiny but I did get a 91% weather boosted one so that's something I guess.

Well Mega Evolutions are here.  Unfortunately to get Mega Energy you have to battle in Mega Raids, which are basically 5 star raids.

I also hatched a shiny absol today.  That makes my second.

Yeah.  It's not the best system, and it gates out a lot of people, like me, who can't travel too far for a raid and the raids nearby never have enough people to win a 5 star. 😕 Oh well.  I guess I'll just keep shiny hunting on Pokémon Sword.

Edited by Lightstorm12000

what annoys me about megas for PoGo is that I heard the megas you get only last for 4 or 5 hours and then they revert? kinda sucks and makes it pointless if you ask me, especially if only one mega can be in your collection at a time.

Yeah somehow Niantic managed to screw up Megas lol, you need to do like 4-5 Mega raids just to do it once since the Kanto starters each need 200 energy and you get at most 50 a raid, after the 1st time they then cost 50 energy but only for that mon you evolved (if you have more then 1 Blastoise they still cost 200 then 50 per), the Mega itself only lasts 4 hours and imo provides mediocre bonuses during raids etc (it's like 1.1-1.3% more damage for your team or something).

Honestly it just feels like a cash grab to me since a lot of people remote raid so they get you to buy 5 passes just for 1 Mega. Oh and lets not forget we will likely need remote passes when Mega Heracross and kangaskhan are introduced what with them being regional 😛 

Yeah, that just screams dirty and cheap to me. And apparently they're adding a subscription service? There was a story article on my google list mentioning it. I'm not paying them anymore money to play pokemon. Isn't it enough that we sometimes spend money for boxes and passes? And tickets to events like go fest? If they want me to pay more, it only makes me want to 'play' less. and what of those who don't buy subs. Will they introduce ads? Or make it nearly impossible to play by locking the best mons behind a paywall?

I knew paying for special event tickets would lead to this. Niantic thinking: "Hey, if they'll spend $8 for special EX raids and early legends then maybe they'll spend more money if we lock it behind a real money only box!"

Niantic is starting to get way too greedy imo.

Well, if the subscription is like one Hyperbox a month for 15€ then it's alright? Because I'm already doing that xD

When it comes to Megas - I'm not going to spend money/go out of my way to get them.

My plan is get them once to fill in the Pokedex, then let it go (as there are some I will most likely never get [Regionals])