Lythiaren

Pokemon Go

11 hours ago, ShorahNagi said:

To be honest, I don't recall there being a community day for the Sinnoh starters (though I know their shiny forms are in game as I have shiny Torterra and Infernape...can't seem to find a shiny Piplup which is my favorite of those starters.

Anyhow. My shiny luck seems to be gone now. I've not caught one since GO fest :(

Yes, each of the sinnoh starters have had a C-day. My best luck was with chimchar. 23 shiny that day. I also got a 96% Shiny Turtwig for his C-day.

Caught a shiny Dratini today, yay, and got a 100% Horsea from an egg. :D

A friend of mine got a shiny Gible... I so envy him for that. 😯

Edited by Idril

Hey all! Been a while since I've posted here, my FC is 8808 1713 0872 for anyone who hasn't added me yet!

Today was a good raid day. I did 8 Rayquaza raids, most of them with remote help from some friends. And I got 2 shiny Rayquazas, one even a 93%. :D

I also caught a wild 100% Dratini. :)

I caught my 100th Dratini today and still no shiny or hundo :( couldn't even find a shiny/hundo Horsea during spotlight hour either lol, did end up finally getting my gold dragon type medal (the +3 catch thing each type has) so that's something at least lol.

Also hatched 9 7KM eggs today, got nothing but Swablu and Trapinch....so yeah pointless even putting Deino, Gible etc in them imo.

Got a shiny dratini today!  I have been wanting one for a while.  While I was able to participate in the dratini CD, I only got one due to severe weather that hit that day(as in hit almost the moment I got in the car).  I didn't feel safe so I went home.  There were no spawns at my parent's house(I didn't have my house at that point) so it was over for me.  I had not had a shiny dratini since, though I love the cute little pink dragon.

Still have yet to even SEE an active ray raid...  At least there is raid hour...

Edit:

Got a shiny horsea from the spotlight hour!  That completes my set.

Edited by Nectaris

5 hours ago, Idril said:

Today was a good raid day. I did 8 Rayquaza raids, most of them with remote help from some friends. And I got 2 shiny Rayquazas, one even a 93%. :D

I also caught a wild 100% Dratini. :)

Geeze and I'm here with 150 Rayquaza raids and NO shiny so far. I sunk so much money in this and no luck, it's frustrating.

I got a bunch of 96%+ Rays and even a 100% but nah, no shiny.

And the one I lucky-traded got 80%

Yeah, Rayquaza hates me I guess.

6 hours ago, Shakura Kazuki said:

Geeze and I'm here with 150 Rayquaza raids and NO shiny so far. I sunk so much money in this and no luck, it's frustrating.

I got a bunch of 96%+ Rays and even a 100% but nah, no shiny.

And the one I lucky-traded got 80%

Yeah, Rayquaza hates me I guess.

wish we could do long distance trading. I'd happily trade my extra shiny Ray for a Purple Kyogre or Red Lugia. Been after those guys for so long.

*screams* 15 minutes left of raid hour and I just caught a shiny Rayquaza :D, got really lucky since it was just some random raid I happened to click on (remote raided).

Edit: for the record I've seen 4 and caught 4 Rayquaza's so.....extremely lucky? 😛
, i also downloaded an Iv checker (calcy, if theres a better one let us know?) and my shiny is a 91% too....lol

Edited by smokeytripod

@smokeytripod

Nah Ray is just easy to catch. I have caught 158/175. It doesn't attack or wiggle as much as other legendaries and has a good circle to throw excellent. I actually almost never do the catch trick (waiting for an attack) because it's just so calm~

16 hours ago, Shakura Kazuki said:

@smokeytripod

Nah Ray is just easy to catch. I have caught 158/175. It doesn't attack or wiggle as much as other legendaries and has a good circle to throw excellent. I actually almost never do the catch trick (waiting for an attack) because it's just so calm~

I was referring my luck to finding my shiny one in only 4 Rays lol, but yeah I have noticed they are a bit calm for a legendary raid, just makes them perfect for farming things like Gold Razz's and TM's plus the candy doesn't hurt (think I'm up to 10 total caught).

Also kind of an odd occurrence today, so I did a Ray raid just after work with 7 other people and every single one of them except mine was a shiny Ray......found that a tad strange lol.

The shiny chance for legendary raids is sort of 1/19 to 1/25 which makes me feel even more bitter to know I got like, only 2 of them AFTER doing 170 raids WITHOUT a single one.

And then they have crap IV. Sorry, I'm ranting and whining but honestly, I have every reason to do so.

I can't even be happy about the 2 shiny Ray I got now and it sucks.

Edit: It's like paying 200 bucks for a rollercoaster ride, waiting in line for 2 hours and afterwards you found out it wasn't as good as you hoped for and a kinda crap ride.

Edited by Shakura Kazuki

Are you all seeing locations on your gifts? In your list and from friends.

Ugh my Magikarp luck sucked today lol, caught 15 shiny Karps and my absolute best was a 64% with 7atk, 15 def and 7 sta lol.

Did also manage to catch an 82% Deoxys today, like it's a 3 star so I'll take it.

I didn't even count how many shinies I got, I just played for an hour from home, and went outside for another hour quickcatching everything using a star piece. I think it was maybe 6 or so. IV wise I got another 98% from a quest (which was my 8th or so), as well as the best one for Ultra league PVP

I got 16 shinies with three of them beging 3 star. One of them is a 98%. It was wild caught, so it was not from a quest and not from incense. It also was the best I caught today overall.

Still got plenty of time in community day here. I'm at 3 shiny carp, but all with poor poor stats 

I ended up getting three shinies.  I wasn't trying though, like, at all.  One of them has good IVs at least.

Got 11 shiny Magikarp, 2 with good IVs to evolve. I also evoved my 100% Magikarp, I already had.

I did 2 Deoxys raids, but both came out only 2 star...

Also wanted to do some Unown raids, but they are quite rare. 🙄 Hopefully I can do some when I'm in Vienna again... I only need the U, L, T and A. Already got the R...

So seems like Deoxys is a bit more squishy then most 5* raids, I've done 2 today in the quest to get my brother a Deoxys, one had just the 2 of us (completed with around 30 seconds left) and the other had us 2 and a 3rd person off my friends list who was online (may have been someone here?) normally 5 people with remote raiding etc is the minimum I see to take down a 5* here.... and as for the results my brother finally managed to catch 1 of them and for me neither of them were shiny or 3*/better than my best one :3

I believe that was me, smokeytripod, it was earlier today and was pretty easy with 3 of us. In fact, I’ve done about 5 Deoxys raids with 3 people. I’m more comfortable with 4 people though, as long as they don’t drop out of the raid.

So far, I’ve caught 38/59 Deoxys and three of them are shiny! I’m still doing Deoxys raids, as they are good exp, so I wouldn’t mind more shinies.

Right now though, I really need an Unown U raid. I’ve gotten every other letter in ULTRA at least once but the letter U is elusive. If any of you guys get an Unown U raid and I’m online, and don’t mind dropping me a raid invite, please send me one :).

I would just like to find an unown raid.  I haven't seen any yet.  I do have an A from the time they were available in 10k eggs, though I would love some other letters.

Edited by Nectaris

I’ve been invited to 3 or 4 Unown raids, but I’ve never seen one myself. I’m on vacation right now and cell service is spotty at best(last I heard a bald eagle pair had a nest on the cell tower and they broke a few of the wires). The only way I can get raids is through Wifi at my grandparents place, which is okay, but not the best.

I haven’t had much luck when it comes to wild shinies, I really want a Baltoy but I don’t think it’ll show up. 

EDIT: Well, I got all the Unown, a friend managed to get an Unown U raid, so they hooked me up and I got it. Less than 5 minutes later, we drove past a gym that had an Unown U so I ended up with two of them!

I’ve also gotten my 4th shiny Deoxys so I think I’m good for those raids. Now to wait for Genesect to start.

Edited by Zinogre

Sometimes the weather system gets to me.  This morning I wake up to thunderstorms and a flash flood warning.  Some streets have even been closed due to the flooding.  What does PoGo say the weather is?  Sunny.  So I report that the weather is inaccurate.  What do they change it to?  Partly Cloudy.  Not even close people!

On 8/10/2020 at 3:58 PM, Zinogre said:

I haven’t had much luck when it comes to wild shinies, I really want a Baltoy but I don’t think it’ll show up. 

I'm chasing Baltoy and Staryu, even though they got Staryu's colour kinda wrong....not seen either yet :( also not seen a shiny Deoxys yet (also cheers for showing up to that 3 man raid lol)

1 hour ago, Nectaris said:

Sometimes the weather system gets to me.  This morning I wake up to thunderstorms and a flash flood warning.  Some streets have even been closed due to the flooding.  What does PoGo say the weather is?  Sunny.  So I report that the weather is inaccurate.  What do they change it to?  Partly Cloudy.  Not even close people!

Today when I went out it was sunny AF and 33 degrees Celsius (dunno the fahrenheit) but PoGo claimed it was raining on my screen....mine also seemed to change to cloudy when I reported it lol.