Lythiaren

Pokemon Go

The 200 a day was difficult, but I made it harder for myself by starting late in the day.  I used two incense and caught everything that showed up at my parents' house.  Which netted me yet another magikarp shiny.  I didn't really need another of them.

For the Kalos mons, I have caught a few of them so far.  The only starter I have so far is Fennekin.

I’m almost done the level 41 tasks, I just need to do 4 more raids and I’ll be finished that one. I haven’t had much luck finding raids around me, so I’ve had to rely on people adding me to raids.

I have a few Kalos Pokemon so far, but it’s mostly Litleo and Bunnelby spawns. I’ve had a few Chespin, 2 Fennekin(one fled :( )and 0 Froakie. I figured I’d get at least one Froakie with the freezing rain we had today, but nope. Oh well, I’ll get one eventually, I hope.

And I ended up with ANOTHER spare shiny torchic.  Thankfully those little buggers are cute.  I did get a few more fennekin, and a few Chespin.  Despite it being rainy, not a single Froakie.  Not too surprised.  The last three generations the water starter has been obscenely rare for some reason.

On 12/2/2020 at 11:37 PM, Zinogre said:

I’m almost done the level 41 tasks, I just need to do 4 more raids and I’ll be finished that one. I haven’t had much luck finding raids around me, so I’ve had to rely on people adding me to raids.

I have a few Kalos Pokemon so far, but it’s mostly Litleo and Bunnelby spawns. I’ve had a few Chespin, 2 Fennekin(one fled :( )and 0 Froakie. I figured I’d get at least one Froakie with the freezing rain we had today, but nope. Oh well, I’ll get one eventually, I hope.

I'm still so far away from the completion of the raid task, I haven't been going out much due to the pandemic and because it's so bloody cold, plus I have no remote raid passes to take part in them remotely, but I'm patient. If I have somewhere to go or something to do I take the time to do all the raids I can solo to make it a bit quicker, but I'm still on 8 raids out of the needed 30. Can't wait to level up, and I also love that they added platinum trophies to the game! :wub: 

13 hours ago, *Silver Fox* said:

I'm still so far away from the completion of the raid task, I haven't been going out much due to the pandemic and because it's so bloody cold, plus I have no remote raid passes to take part in them remotely, but I'm patient. If I have somewhere to go or something to do I take the time to do all the raids I can solo to make it a bit quicker, but I'm still on 8 raids out of the needed 30. Can't wait to level up, and I also love that they added platinum trophies to the game! :wub: 

Yeah, the raid task is taking the longest for me too.  I have done 14 of the needed 30.

I too am enjoying the platinum trophies, and they have added some other new trophies as well.

I already have enough candies to evolve fennekin all the way, but none I have even have decent IVs.  Froakie is the only one that I have a three star mon in, but naturally I have least candy for them.

Edit:  Caught a three star Chespin

Edited by Nectaris

Still stuck on the raid task for leveling up to level 41. Currently I'm at 10 out of the needed 30. I said I wasn't going to do mega raids because most of my friends aren't interested in doing them, but today I saw a Mega Charizard X nearby and tried inviting some to come raid remotely with me. Three of them answered the call so the four of us have taken it down! That was my first ever Mega Raid and I was impressed by how relatively easily we won. I won't be doing these often but this was actually fun.

Well I got a Froakie the other day AND it has good IV's, literally only seen the 1 though and I even went to 3 places my nearby radar was saying they are spawning 😕 also had no luck catching a Chespin as of writing this I have encountered 8 of the buggers and every single one has fled, still hunting a 3* Fletchling and Bunnelby to go with my 2 3* Pyroars(got both genders) but those are far more common so eh. 

11 minutes ago, smokeytripod said:

Well I got a Froakie the other day AND it has good IV's, literally only seen the 1 though and I even went to 3 places my nearby radar was saying they are spawning 😕 also had no luck catching a Chespin as of writing this I have encountered 8 of the buggers and every single one has fled, still hunting a 3* Fletchling and Bunnelby to go with my 2 3* Pyroars(got both genders) but those are far more common so eh. 

I only have ONE Froakie, which doesn't have the best IVs, and I still don't have any evolution stages of Fennekin or Chespin (although I've caught many) because none of them have good IVs to be evolved. I also own a single Noibat because it spawned litterally only once since they released the Kalos generation, and it's been somewhere in the city centre.

By the way, the only reason I'm not opening gifts right now is because I'm saving up free egg slots for the Adventure Sync rewards tomorrow, as soon as I claim them at 9PM CET I'm opening them again. :wub: 

Well I got my 3* Fletchling finally, I also finally got and completed that field research for a Spinda....that thing is rare as anything since I've never gotten it 😛 

21 hours ago, smokeytripod said:

Well I got my 3* Fletchling finally, I also finally got and completed that field research for a Spinda....that thing is rare as anything since I've never gotten it 😛 

The Spinda research task is so incredibly rare! I live in a big city and whenever I go out I visit a great deal of pokestops, but I've only stumbled upon two or three Spinda tasks since October. Haven't found a single one in a while.

As for the play day I had today, not bad - I caught three more Froakie in a nearby park where I went by bus so I piled up some additional Froakie candy. Sadly, not one of them has good enough IVs for me to evolve, and still no luck with Fennekin or Chespin. I finally got a Deerling with three stars which is now my very first Sawsbuck, and the winter version looks so beautiful and festive! Also, one pleasant surprise today was finding a shiny Bronzor, that's the first one I ever got!

Edited by *Silver Fox*

I guess I should't say anything then... I'm lvl 41 already since this Friday I think. I just need to catch and walk a few Evees to evolve, throw some berries and evolve some Minccino because they are plenty and I have like 20 of their evolution items. (19/20 as of now)

200 Pokemon a day was easy. I caught some while at HomeOffice starting at 9am and I was done by 4pm. Didn't use incense, didn't get out of my house. (Well, I do have a spawn cluster at home) There was even the special hour afterwards at 6pm because it was a Tuesday and I didn't even needed that! I have 17 gyms in sight range so I did a few remote raids daily, but didn't rush it, only doing raids I really want (like Espurr).

27 minutes ago, Shakura Kazuki said:

I guess I should't say anything then... I'm lvl 41 already since this Friday I think. I just need to catch and walk a few Evees to evolve, throw some berries and evolve some Minccino because they are plenty and I have like 20 of their evolution items. (19/20 as of now)

200 Pokemon a day was easy. I caught some while at HomeOffice starting at 9am and I was done by 4pm. Didn't use incense, didn't get out of my house. (Well, I do have a spawn cluster at home) There was even the special hour afterwards at 6pm because it was a Tuesday and I didn't even needed that! I have 17 gyms in sight range so I did a few remote raids daily, but didn't rush it, only doing raids I really want (like Espurr).

Okay, I've seen the requirements for leveling up in the future and... I think I'm gonna faint.

@*Silver Fox*

Yup. That's going to take a while. But in the end it WILL come naturally if you continue to play on a daily basis. Nobody rushes you.

I do however, keep every shadow zubat to purify when I'm at that level task xD gotta prepare!

Got a really good fennekin today that I was able to evolve fully!  All I need now is more froaky candy.  Oh, and I need a noibat, which I have a feeling is going to be this gen's axel(which I STILL don't have, grr).

I haven't looked at the leveling tasks yet.

2 hours ago, Shakura Kazuki said:

@*Silver Fox*

Yup. That's going to take a while. But in the end it WILL come naturally if you continue to play on a daily basis. Nobody rushes you.

I do however, keep every shadow zubat to purify when I'm at that level task xD gotta prepare!

I have so many shadow pokemon in my storage as if I KNEW I was going to need them someday... but as someone who only buys pokecoins with actual money when I find it really necessary updating my storage is a slow process.

@Nectaris I feel ya! I don't have Axew either, but so far I have two Noibat so I think you'll get lucky at some point. My Unova pokedex is half empty because I haven't played in a while, and now with Kalos pokemon I don't know if I'm EVER going to get more Unova entries so easily.

I still only have the 1 Axew (I refuse to believe they are in the egg pool anymore tbh) and I haven't even seen Noibat on my nearby or even in a gym, not actually spoken to anyone locally who plays who has one either so I dunno whats going on there.

How are you all able to fully evolve the starters? They only spawn in parks or with weather boost around here. I have 3 Chespin, 5 Fennekin and 8 Froakie. Not even enough to evolve Chespin once...

2 hours ago, Shakura Kazuki said:

How are you all able to fully evolve the starters? They only spawn in parks or with weather boost around here. I have 3 Chespin, 5 Fennekin and 8 Froakie. Not even enough to evolve Chespin once...

I don't know, but I see Fennekin all the time, with or without the weather boost. Froakie appears sporadically, and Chespin is right behind Fennekin when it comes to its frequency of spawning. I've caught quite a lot of them so far.

I have about 300 candy for Fennekin already, the guy is pretty common around here. Chespin is a bit more rare, I am close to 100 candy for him. However Froakie I have seen a total of 2 times. 

As for the leveling up beyond 40, I'm in no rush. I easily got the 200 in a day the second day after the update (kinda wish I didn't complete it, so I could have a quick catch indicator of sorts), but I will go slowly on the Raids with only my free passes. Other than Go-Fest I don't spend money on the game, and with the rubbish that is currently in Raids I'd rather save the coins and premium passes I still have. The XP I have is just about enough for 44 anyway. I'm really digging the xp changes though. The other day I was on the bus for quite a while and made 500k XP in a single day from just excellent throws. 

Edited by Loebok

7 hours ago, Shakura Kazuki said:

At least you've gotten some Chespin and Froakie lol, so far I've caught 15 Fennekin, 1 Froakie and 0 Chespin, up to 11 Chespin encounters and every one of them has run from me 😕

12 hours ago, Shakura Kazuki said:

Fennekin and Chespin have been quite common around here, though the weather has been favorable for that.  Froakie I have rarely seen in the wild.  Maybe three or four of them, max.  About half my froakie candy comes from eggs.

I officially despise Froakie lol. I have seen him twice today, caught him and he broke out and fled :( Chespins and Fennekins I have seen all over. 

I added a few of you that I found codes for in a the past few pages. My trainer code is: 3026 9467 3828 :)

Edited by galleri

I’m going to be stuck at level 41 for a very long time, but that’s okay. I only got to level 40 this past summer after working my butt off. I was at level 35 the beginning of this year, so I impressed myself getting to 40 fairly quickly.

Speaking of the Kalos starters, I’ve seen so many Chespin and Fennekin and barely any Froakie. I swear they make the water starters rarer on purpose.

31 minutes ago, Zinogre said:

Speaking of the Kalos starters, I’ve seen so many Chespin and Fennekin and barely any Froakie. I swear they make the water starters rarer on purpose.

Honestly I think in the case of the Kalos starters I think Froakie is the rarest because Greninja was the most popular Pokemon of 2020 so they will naturally make it harder to get.

18 minutes ago, smokeytripod said:

Honestly I think in the case of the Kalos starters I think Froakie is the rarest because Greninja was the most popular Pokemon of 2020 so they will naturally make it harder to get.

Except for that, at least here, the last three generations the water starter was by far the rarest.  Even now, I rarely see piplup or oshawott outside of events featuring them, now mudkip and totodile have all but vanished as well.  All the others are dirt common.