Lythiaren

Pokemon Go

Woohoo!  I got a shiny shadow lapras after beating Sierra today!  Now, do I leave it shadow, or purify it?  Hmmm....

I am really glad they chose the battle skills challenge to be Team Rocket based, I admit I was worried the battle week was going to be PvP, which is not my cup of tea.

Yay!  I am finished with the battle challenge!

I feel like I'm the only one not actually bothering with those challenges lol, like the rewards are eh and I don't really care for the Pokemon they are choosing as spawns during Go Fest when teams reach so many completions....

I've also not seen a shiny since I caught that Skorupi :(....but on the brightside I did see a Meowth balloon the other day and I got James' Team Rocket outfit lol. 

10 hours ago, smokeytripod said:

I feel like I'm the only one not actually bothering with those challenges lol, like the rewards are eh and I don't really care for the Pokemon they are choosing as spawns during Go Fest when teams reach so many completions....

I've also not seen a shiny since I caught that Skorupi :(....but on the brightside I did see a Meowth balloon the other day and I got James' Team Rocket outfit lol. 

I haven't seen a shiny since Weedle C-day. I've got a really bad shiny drought. I only care for those pokemon reward spawns if they release them shiny. If they don't let them sparkle then it's not very interesting to go after pokemon I already have several of.

23 hours ago, smokeytripod said:

I'm more of a "completionist" I need to finish those challenges or I'll miss something (even if I don't, there's that feeling)

Anyways, I caught a shiny Sneasel, but it had like 27 CP and very low IV so I transferred it. (I already have 3 shinies)

On 7/13/2020 at 12:41 PM, Shakura Kazuki said:

I'm more of a "completionist" I need to finish those challenges or I'll miss something (even if I don't, there's that feeling)

Pretty much me too. 

In other news, got a shiny murkrow! 

On 7/13/2020 at 6:41 PM, Shakura Kazuki said:

Usually I don't miss out on those challenges for the same reason but these ones I just don't feel like doing them for some reason lol.

Also today I finally caught a Kyurem and it was during the raid hour, makes up for how I saw no raids last week I guess lol.

I need more friends to send gifts to and trade pokemon with (none of my friends are ever on or playing enough anymore)

Screenshot_20200718-123918_Pokmon GO.jpg

Got the shiny Ghastlies I needed pretty quickly.  Also finished the elite challenge for the friendship week.  This one was the easiest of the lot.

I got 2 shiny Gastly since I already had 1 so I can have the full line, even managed to catch a semi decent shiny and it only took me 30 mins or so lol.

Still need to earn 1 more heart with my buddy to finish the 3rd step and unlock the elite challenge, somehow managed to do most of it without trying and I also kinda appreciated the Alolan Raichu it gave me since I dislike the Alolans and refuse to spend my raid passes fighting it but the completionist in me needed it for my dex lol.

Just need to send one more gift - and the main friend challenge is done. Probably won't be able to do the elite (been unable to complete them, but I care more about the main part)

That aside, with the addition of the shiny gastly line...my current shiny count is 79 Pokemon (78 if we go by species only [I've 2 shiny eevee and don't know what I want to evolve one into])

Got 7 shiny Gastlies, 0 perfect IV for 4 hours of event. The friendship challenge is pretty okay except the 'send 30 gifts' one. I have 41 friends and only managed to send 10 gift for one day :'D

I caught two shiny Gastly and evolved one to a shiny Haunter then to Gengar. I am so happy! I love these monsters.

I have a strange question. Gengar is classified as a Shadow Pokémon, so does that mean it is naturally affiliated to the Shadow Pokémon of Team GO Rocket?

In other news, I also got an evil Jackie Chan.

2 hours ago, georgexu94 said:

I have a strange question. Gengar is classified as a Shadow Pokémon, so does that mean it is naturally affiliated to the Shadow Pokémon of Team GO Rocket?

I think the 2 things are seperate, Gengar is classed as a Shadow Pokemon cause he's literally a shadow what with him being a ghost and all, while the Shadow Pokemon Team Rocket (and others in other games) use are Pokemon that have been experimented on and basically turned evil to make them more aggressive and stronger then their normal counterparts. 

Oh and today I caught a shiny Wurmple....been a while since I got a non Community day shiny lol, few dozen more and I may be able to have a shiny Dustox and Beautifly 😛

Edited by smokeytripod

I got 10 shiny Ghastly, but I already have 6 shiny Gengar from previous raid events and one Ghastly I got through a quest. So I evolved a 3 star to Haunter and threw away all but 2 for trade. I also got a perfect IV Ghastly that I evolved for the attack. I also had two 98% Ghastly before the event so now I have 3 good ones with the community day attack move.

I also caught two shiny Oddish shortly after the event ended! yay!

So today was Oddish spotlight hour so want to guess what shiny I managed to catch?

That's right a shiny Carvanha 😕 

45 minutes ago, smokeytripod said:

So today was Oddish spotlight hour so want to guess what shiny I managed to catch?

At least it's a shiny  🙂

Thanks for the reminder about the spotlight.  Last week my phone was almost dead during the spotlight hour, so I didn't do as much as I would have liked(I really wanted a bright green bat).

1 hour ago, Nectaris said:

At least it's a shiny  🙂

Thanks for the reminder about the spotlight.  Last week my phone was almost dead during the spotlight hour, so I didn't do as much as I would have liked(I really wanted a bright green bat).

That's true lol, still would have liked a shiny oddish though 😛

I didn't even do Zubat last week as I wasn't aware it could be shiny, not actually seen any of its lines shinies in gyms and people here like to flex all their shinies so yeah i figured i'd have seen one by now lol.

2 hours ago, smokeytripod said:

That's true lol, still would have liked a shiny oddish though 😛

I didn't even do Zubat last week as I wasn't aware it could be shiny, not actually seen any of its lines shinies in gyms and people here like to flex all their shinies so yeah i figured i'd have seen one by now lol.

I think I have only seen one shiny crobat in a gym, so it seems to be rare, though outside of events zubat is actually fairly rare around here.

Edit:

No shiny for me either.

Edited by Nectaris

On 7/21/2020 at 1:52 PM, smokeytripod said:

Sounds like me - I somehow caught both a shiny Yanma AND shiny Bellsprout.

But did I get a spotlight shiny? No :(

jee wizz batman, the sure a lot of raids going on.

BreRo and ShorahNagi, i sent you both friend requests.

Edited by zorua9

Okay guys, I have to make a new friend, so - here's my code! 9535 6166 0814

dang it. pokemon go is giving me an error. "Failed to find friend's list. Try again later." - I can't even send out new friend requests or accept them. Sorry Kaini. I'll do so as soon as it lets me. :(

2 hours ago, Syiren said:

dang it. pokemon go is giving me an error. "Failed to find friend's list. Try again later." - I can't even send out new friend requests or accept them. Sorry Kaini. I'll do so as soon as it lets me. :(

Yeah it's been doing that for like 2hrs for me now, the game also keeps disabling my adventure sync which is mildly annoying but I'm home for the last 2hrs so not that big a deal now, still I'd check all your sync if your out and about today.

Editing so I don't need to double post: So Go Fest is done for the day here, got 5 shinies (an Alolan Executor, Clefairy, Jigglypuff, Heatmor and Sunkern) did also see a shiny Gible but it broke out and ran off after 1 throw.... so 6 shinies in the day seems a bit low to me all things considered 😕

Edited by smokeytripod