Lythiaren

Pokemon Go

GO fest is over for me. Added 8 shiny pokemon to the family (Alolan Exeggutor, Growlith, Sunkern, O Unown, Oddish, Pikachu, Marril, and Eevee)

Now to decide what becomes of the shiny eevee. I want to evolve it but dont know if I want to gamble between Vaporeon, Jolteon, or Flareon...or go for a guarantee like Espeon, Umbreon, or Leafeon (already have a shiny Glaceon)

9 hours ago, ShorahNagi said:

Now to decide what becomes of the shiny eevee. I want to evolve it but dont know if I want to gamble between Vaporeon, Jolteon, or Flareon...or go for a guarantee like Espeon, Umbreon, or Leafeon (already have a shiny Glaceon)

If it were me I'd go for Umbreon purely because I don't like Espeons shiny much (don't care much for the green), Leafeons is a bit eh and out the other 3 Jolteons is the worst imo so wouldn't wanna risk getting it lol.

Also does anyone know if that Victini research is permanent or is it going away once Go Fest ends? I don't really like rushing research and I dislike Rocket stuff in Go 

3 hours ago, smokeytripod said:

Also does anyone know if that Victini research is permanent or is it going away once Go Fest ends? I don't really like rushing research and I dislike Rocket stuff in Go 

An article I read this morning confirms that the research is permanent (so you can take your time on it...I'm STILL trying to beat Giovanni for the "Lurking in the shadows" research XD)

1 hour ago, ShorahNagi said:

An article I read this morning confirms that the research is permanent (so you can take your time on it...I'm STILL trying to beat Giovanni for the "Lurking in the shadows" research XD)

Well I was planning on taking my time, turned out beating Cliff was the hardest part of the whole thing for me as I just kinda roflstomped Arlo, Sierra and Giovanni....never beaten any of the leaders now I've done all 4 and got my Victini lol.

Also did my 1st ever Dialga raid today and caught it xD.....only seen 1 Palkia and no one was fighting it though

Edited by smokeytripod

I’m down to needing Palkia to complete the legends, I got an invite to one but I was already in a Gible raid and missed it.

Edit: Two Palkia raids and I didn’t catch it, so rip me.

Edited by Zinogre

Finally found a Palkia raid and it had people in it, managed to catch it with 1 ball remaining too(I only had like 8 anyway lol) :D.

I'm probably still missing a bunch of legendaries but I wanted Dialga and Palkia since in Masters league in the Go Battles those 2 are usually all I see so they must be good....

Has anyone else been having issues with raid invites not working? I was invited to 4 raids and my game crashed when I tried to get into the raid.

I was in 3 Palkia raids and I caught none of them. I think I’ll be outta luck unless I can get into raids again.

Edited by Zinogre

1 minute ago, Zinogre said:

Has anyone else been having issues with raid invites not working? I was invited to 4 raids and my game crashed when I tried to get into the raid.

I was in 3 Palkia raids and I caught none of them. I think I’ll be outta luck unless I can get into raids again.

I got 1 invite yesterday and it didnt work (haven't had any today, but I've been in work up until now)

Anyhow, so glad to have my Victini, as well as the other legendary pokemon that came with GO fest. Now to just find someone to trade me a kangaskhan and a Mr. Mime and I will have a living kanto pokedex (there's a lot more I'm missing overall, but that's been my goal)

26 minutes ago, Zinogre said:

Has anyone else been having issues with raid invites not working? I was invited to 4 raids and my game crashed when I tried to get into the raid. I was in 3 Palkia raids and I caught none of them. I think I’ll be outta luck unless I can get into raids again.

I've gotten a few invites to raids but when I click them I just end up in empty lobbies and not with the person who invited me, not had it crash on me though so that seems odd.

22 minutes ago, ShorahNagi said:

I got 1 invite yesterday and it didnt work (haven't had any today, but I've been in work up until now)

Anyhow, so glad to have my Victini, as well as the other legendary pokemon that came with GO fest. Now to just find someone to trade me a kangaskhan and a Mr. Mime and I will have a living kanto pokedex (there's a lot more I'm missing overall, but that's been my goal)

If I could I'd happily trade you a Mr Mime, damn things are everywhere here during non-event times lol

Alright, thanks for answering me. I guess my phone was acting dumb, I’m sorry to those who added me to raids and I didn’t get in. I usually don’t do raids because nobody here does them, so it was fun(the ones I went in on, I just wish I caught the Palkia, but oh well, better luck next time :) )

2 hours ago, smokeytripod said:

If I could I'd happily trade you a MrMime, damn things are everywhere here during non-event times lol

Yeah, that's like Tauros in recent days around here. Seems every time I stop at a PokeStop I find one.

And Go Fest is done for me. I successfully caught another Dialga and I got a Palkia from a raid today, so I’m beyond happy.

I ended up getting 13 shinies on day 1 and only 8 shinies on day 2. It totally felt like the shiny odds were worse on the second day, it took over 2 hours to get my first shiny today when I had 5 or so shinies by that time on day 1.

I’m a little bit sad that I didn’t get a shiny Gible on either of those days. It seemed like every 2 star raid was an Alolan Exeggutor and with barely any Gible raids. I’ve probably seen only 3 Gible raids during the whole event.

I ended up getting both Palkia, Dialga, and Giratina Altered Forme.  All of these I did not have before.

As for shinies:

Woobat X 2

Alolan Marowak

Magikarp

Seviper

Alolan Grimer X 2

Zangoose

Charmander(w/visor)

Bulbasaur(w/visor)

Qwilfish

Snover

Tangela X 2

Sableye

Meditite

Roselia

Most of them I got day 2.  The second day was a lot better on the shiny front than the first.  I only got four the first day.

Sad that I didn't get a shiny gible, but I am super happy that I got the Zangoose and A. Marowak.  The Zangoose because it is doesn't normally show up here, and the A. Marowak because I can never get it in raids(can't ever find them when raid groups have formed).

Edited by Nectaris

15 hours ago, ShorahNagi said:

That makes me feel so much better. I was bummed when Team Rocket took over. it ruined the themed hour encounters and there were so many shinies I wasn't able to try for. I did get some nice new shinies though like Unown O, Durant, Woobat and Swoobat, Magmar, and Quilfish. Also got the visor hat shiny charmander and a second ponyta.

The best surprise was getting shiny seviper. That's one of my altime fav shinies in any game.

I ended up with a Dialga and Palkia (never seen either of them), only got 8 shinies in total though but I did spend all of day 2 indoors with incense got Zangoose(who spawns here anyway..), Unown O, Sunkern Heatmor, Clefairy, Jigglypuff, Alolan Marowak and Alolan Exeggutor, was quite sad I didn't get a Seviper as those don't spawn here but I got Heatmor who also doesn't spawn here so i'll take it...would've liked a shiny Tangela too as those are extremely rare here, oh and I did see a shiny Gible but it ran away from me....

Not gonna lie I was really peed off that Team Rocket showed up on day 2 and ruined the hourly habitats, like I'm sure it can't just be me who gets fed up with all the Team Rocket nonsense they keep adding right? especially since this was a paid event and they ruined the best part of it imo....

3 minutes ago, smokeytripod said:

Not gonna lie I was really peed off that Team Rocket showed up on day 2 and ruined the hourly habitats, like I'm sure it can't just be me who gets fed up with all the Team Rocket nonsense they keep adding right? especially since this was a paid event and they ruined the best part of it imo....

I was hoping they'd have kept the theme hours, and have the rockets have the pokemon strong against them (to show them trying to take over - So during water hour they'd have grass, during fire = water. Etc)

I'll agree that day 2 was kind of a let down, but the fact it gave me a chance to beat some research I was unable to do and get some legendaries is a decent consolation prize

25 minutes ago, ShorahNagi said:

I was hoping they'd have kept the theme hours, and have the rockets have the pokemon strong against them (to show them trying to take over - So during water hour they'd have grass, during fire = water. Etc)

I'll agree that day 2 was kind of a let down, but the fact it gave me a chance to beat some research I was unable to do and get some legendaries is a decent consolation prize

Had they kept the rotating biomes or maybe even added an extra Rocket themed one that wouldn't have been as bad...but still the over use of Team Rocket kinda bugs me lol, I do like the idea of the grunts teams being strong against the biome had they kept them running...shame Niantic aren't that creative lol.

I beat all the bosses and Giovanni for the 1st time ever, finished up that research for beating them all and got the legendary birds and Mewtwo, didn't have Moltres in my dex so now I have a full living Kanto Dex so guess I can't complain too much overall but I was still let down 😛 

Edited by smokeytripod

I actually liked day 2 more than day 1. For day 2, you had good spawns all day, good raids and super quick and easy rocket battles. Two of the habitats on the first day did not interrest me at all (grass and water), and the friendship one was meh. I still really enjoyed it, regardless. Also what I got in the end was really good, I got quite a lot of shinies, which I was looking for, as well as some good IVs. For shinies I got Heatmor (which you usually can't get here), Durant x2 (which you can theoretically get here, I have seen like 2 Durants in the last 6 months), Unown O, Tangela, Gible, Dratini, Slakoth, Swablu, Clamperl, Croagunk, Qwillfish, Swoobat, Kyogre and Exeggcute. On the 2nd day, I also got a really good shadow Beldum which I decided to purify into a hundo. From raids I got 96% Dialga and No-leg Giratina. And lastly from trading I got a 98% Litwick and Togetic, as well as a 96% Gible.

1 hour ago, Loebok said:

I actually liked day 2 more than day 1. For day 2, you had good spawns all day, good raids and super quick and easy rocket battles. Two of the habitats on the first day did not interrest me at all (grass and water), and the friendship one was meh. I still really enjoyed it, regardless. Also what I got in the end was really good, I got quite a lot of shinies, which I was looking for, as well as some good IVs. For shinies I got Heatmor (which you usually can't get here), Durant x2 (which you can theoretically get here, I have seen like 2 Durants in the last 6 months), Unown O, Tangela, Gible, Dratini, Slakoth, Swablu, Clamperl, Croagunk, Qwillfish, Swoobat, Kyogre and Exeggcute. On the 2nd day, I also got a really good shadow Beldum which I decided to purify into a hundo. From raids I got 96% Dialga and No-leg Giratina. And lastly from trading I got a 98% Litwick and Togetic, as well as a 96% Gible.

I also liked the second day better.  It was also a little more relaxing for me as I didn't have to worry about mons I wanted disappearing in the next hour as well as let me take breaks easier for that same reason.

I haven't gone through every normal mon I got yet, but I did get a hundo litwik!

15 hours ago, Loebok said:

On the 2nd day, I also got a really good shadow Beldum which I decided to purify into a hundo. 

Oof. Did you know a 0% Shadow is usually better in dps than a hundo because of their +20% dmg? So if you get a >82% Shadow, DO NOT PURITFY.

I wasn't able to do much on day one expect a bit catching with incense and didn't get anything useful at all. A few shinies in the first two hours and nothing in the last 8. (like, what the heck) and I did catch 4 of 5 of those shinies with Go Plus. Super disappointing.

I really like fighting Rockets, so I was in constant struggle to either fight rockets or catch Pokemon with incense, because you can't do both. (Well, you can with Go Plus, but it's catch rate is crap)

So I ended up doing 4 hours both, 1 hour raids (waited a lot for invites... did 5 in total which of 3 ran away and they all had bad IV, so... totally wasted), 3 hours incense/catching and another 2 hours rockets. 

In the end I was stressed the first 4 hours, wasted 1 on raids, chilled (watching YT and lunch) 3 hours and then went rocket hunting for the last two. Last 5 hours were the best! 

I got 6 shinies on day one and another 6 on day 2. Most of them which I did not have before. (Heatmor, Coragunk, Jigglypuff, Gible, Qwillfish)

Best catch of the day was a 98% Shadow Dratini that I maxxed out! Badass dps Dragoran incomming 😁

I did so many Gible raids (got invites from all over the city, because I got so many friends) but nothing turned out good IV wise. I did get a shiny tho, but NOT from a raid so it's IVs are crap.

I started collecting shadows a bit too late when some of them were already cycled out, so I was happy to finally get one of each Kanto starter again as well as Dratini and the new shadow Seedot.

Edited by Shakura Kazuki

10 minutes ago, Shakura Kazuki said:

Oof. Did you know a 0% Shadow is usually better in dps than a hundo because of their +20% dmg? So if you get a >82% Shadow, DO NOT PURITFY.

Yea, I do. I already had 3 shadow Beldum with TM'ed Frustration and similar IVs before this event. I know it was objectively stupid purifying it, I just wanted a regular hundo. There's no way I'm ever going to get all of these maxed anyways.

1 minute ago, Loebok said:

Yea, I do. I already had 3 shadow Beldum with TM'ed Frustration and similar IVs before this event. I know it was objectively stupid purifying it, I just wanted a regular hundo. There's no way I'm ever going to get all of these maxed anyways.

Ah, I see. In that case it's okay to purify I guess.

.....why. Just... just why? Magikarp is the Auguest C-day? MAGIKARP?! I already had 2 shiny BEFORE Go Fest where I caught three more. Only good thing about the event is 3x stardust.

One event I am excited for is this:

https://bleedingcool.com/games/dragon-week-unlocked-at-pokemon-go-fest-2020/

Dragon Week. Deino gets its shiny! Woot!

So I guess I'm the only one kinda happy about Magikarp day then? lol, 408 karps seen/185 caught(and yes i checked) and not a single shiny so far D:...I just really want a red Gyarados lol

Edited by smokeytripod

I have 3 shiny Gyarados and 5 shiny Magicarp. (2 from earlier this year, I can't even remember that I caught them) My oldest Magicarp is from 2017. And I think I already threw away 2 shiny Magicarp.