Estellux

Alternate Lives Raffles : Raffle Closed!

I do not mind either way! But yea, real life comes first!

Not to mention you're also hosting Secret Santa, which is double the work

Honestly If life is busy, I'd rather you wait. It is not uncommon for Player Activities to host a January type thing between Jan 3-Jan 20 (aprox we'll say), but also a lot of them do it. So even then, you don't have to do it and we'd have plenty of things to keep us busy.

If you want to breed Spriter's Alts, if you want to win Spriters Alts, there are Giveaways and Raffles, and there is a Weekly Giveaway Swap event and there will be ongoing raffles in Secret Santa (to which you can donate and participate) for yourself or for gifts for your Secret Santa. I mean I can make an updated post so you all are aware of these things, but they are pretty well highlighted too. Go follow these threads or bookmark them or something! So you are in the know and many post their schedules. So - there are plenty of ways you can donate and win Spriters Alts and other things all during the Holidays in between official DC Events.

In fact, at one time, when we had less Player Events, or it was just so crazy from Sept - March, that Players Events used to mostly go on hiatus so people could focus on the DC Events, with them sometimes popping up in between the big ones when there was enough time passing between or they felt inclined. These days we have a lot more, with a lot more support and people are chugging thru with very few breaks. So big props to the community there.

So take your break (or not) and let me give a reminder to the Community that it is important to go help and support and share all these events or they will fade away. They have before. Go show love all around!

And Rosa, with our love, please take as much time off and away as you need, if the Holidays are crazy, they always are for me no matter what I do it seems, please take some time. Take all of it. Whatever you need. You first always.

Edited by Natayah

The holiday season can get super crazy so yeah, take your time. :) I can definitely wait.

even though I kinda sorta had a mini heart attack when I poked my nose into this thread, thinking Rosa had hosted another raffle and I had totally missed it... oops XD

News!

Due to a lot of personal shenanigans happening pretty much all at once this week, I will be postponing ALR until after the holidays. I hope you all understand, and thank you all for your patience, support, and enthusiasm for this raffle. I wish you all a wonderful holiday season, no matter what you celebrate or with who. I'll still be around in some capacity, so if you'd like to reach out to me either here or on the official discord you're more than welcome to.

On a more personal note, I'd like to encourage all of you to take whatever kindnesses you would have donated here, and go give them out on your own. Raffle things on your own. Spontaneously gift. Find someone you think needs a reminder of how wonderful they are, and give them that reminder, even if it is in the form of a little pixel dragon. Reach out to someone you haven't talked to in a while, or someone you think is great but you've been worried to interact with and send them something nice. You may just make someone's day!

Thank you all again for your giving spirits and wonderful selves. Be safe, be well, and I wish you all the best.

Rosastrasza, with Alternate Lives Raffle

37 minutes ago, Rosastrasza said:

On a more personal note, I'd like to encourage all of you to take whatever kindnesses you would have donated here, and go give them out on your own. Raffle things on your own. Spontaneously gift. Find someone you think needs a reminder of how wonderful they are, and give them that reminder, even if it is in the form of a little pixel dragon. Reach out to someone you haven't talked to in a while, or someone you think is great but you've been worried to interact with and send them something nice. You may just make someone's day!

Thank you all again for your giving spirits and wonderful selves. Be safe, be well, and I wish you all the best.

Rosastrasza, with Alternate Lives Raffle

This is a wonderful message and I second it. Please reach out and gift, send thanks (we have Threads & PMs & Chats/Discords) and more! And you can just make a one time thing on your own too! Be awesome to each other and don't forget to love each other!

News!

Well now it HAS been a while, hasn't it? I know the last year was rather tumultuous, and I hope this message finds you well. As for myself, I have made it through in rather high spirits, and consider myself extremely lucky for it. Initially, I hadn't expected to take a whole year off from ALR, but I honestly feel like I needed it. And in the meanwhile, I found myself with a few extra responsibilities and self-improvement goals that made putting time aside for the raffle rather difficult, so I didn't bother to open it back up.

However, despite these things, I never felt like I wanted to stop running ALR, as I am still rather enthusiastic about Spriter's Altkin. In that time off I did take the time to more greatly consider a few changes, which will be listed below.

• New Staff: First and foremost, I would like to introduce two additional staff members, @MoonShark and @schenanigans. While all donation and entrant forms will still be sent either through the form or to me directly, these two will be helping behind the scenes. However, I trust them and their judgement, so if they tell you something on behalf of the raffle, it is as good as my word.
  • Raffle times changed: While it has been a while, I feel this is still worth noting. Raffles will now be held once a month, on the second week of the month. Donations will open Tuesday nights at approximately 8:30PM Cave Time and run for 24 hours. Once they are closed and everything is processed, the raffle will open for entry at approximately 9PM Cave Time on Wednesday night and run for 24 hours. Prizes will then be drawn on Thursday night at approximately 9PM and then sent out.
  • Donation description changes: In the past, most of the time spent preparing the raffle has gone to describing each and every donation that has come through. While I've done much of it myself, I've had a few helpers along the way to great effect. Now I have decided that, in the interest of everyone's time, donors will now have the option of describing their donations using a Description Guide. This is not mandatory, however, so please do not feel pressured to do so if you do not have the time or patience.
  • Breeding Voucher removal: Don't worry, this is not meant to be permanent. However, for the time being, ALR will not be offering breeding vouchers, just so we can all ease back into the swing of things.
  • Entrant stats: At the end of each raffle, a document will be available for all to see that says both how many total entrants there were for that raffle, and how many people entered for each prize. Checking this document is entirely optional, and discussing the contents of it is strictly prohibited, whether or not you think the information is positive or negative. This is meant to be a tool to help donors gauge how desirable certain lineages are for themselves, so that they can breed lineages more people are likely to want. It saves them space and it saves me time. I will not have anyone bragging about how popular or complaining about how unpopular their dragons are, nor will I have people weaponizing these stats against others.
  • Entrant prize groups: The issue of viewbombing is quite the tricky one to navigate, especially when there are rules in place to make sure that prizes stay on a specific scroll. In order to allow users to keep their scrolls hidden and safe as much as needed, entrants will be required to have a group for the prizes they have won most recently, and will be required to keep those prizes there for up to two weeks. That said, if I am unfamiliar with your scroll, I may ask that you make your scroll temporarily visible or that you link your name on your dragons' pages to make sure rules are being followed.
  • Tweaked introductory section: The three introductory posts for this raffle have been tweaked to reflect the changes noted above. As always, they are the end all be all when it comes to information regarding the raffle. Personally, I would encourage everyone to reread through both the Rules and Donation Requirements sections, although any major changes to them have been listed above.

ALR will be starting its first round of the year here in the second week of March, giving us all plenty of time to get out of the holiday season and settle in. I wanted to let you all know this information now, to give you all a heads up so you can familiarize yourselves with any changes ahead of time. I can't thank you all enough for your continued enthusiasm and patience for this pet project of mine. Every time I come back around, I hope to improve this raffle to make it the best it can be. Of course, it is nothing without donors and participants alike, and I appreciate all of you coming together to make ALR the best it can be! I can't wait to see you all for the raffle in a couple of weeks!

Welcome back! Excited to see this raffle return & happy you made it through the past year in good spirits :) 

Glad to see you back, Rosa! :) Looking forward to the raffles.

hurrah! thanks for reviving this raffle, rosa. so happy you found some trustworthy and much-needed help (good luck and thanks, schen and shark!). ❤

i'm super happy you decided to make available the data about entries. i much prefer donating already-bred eggs over vouchers, but i could never tell if i was breeding things anyone wanted (my personal taste does not align with popular trends in saltkin lineages, as far as i can tell...). so i'm steeling myself for a wake-up call. :)

Welcome back! :D And I second miaou about the entry data; I hope it'll help me pick more desirable lineages to raffle.

Welcome Back, Rosa, Happy to See Everyone, and thank you to @MoonShark and @schenanigans for helping out. Great Team Work to make the entire Community Work & Have fun. Because if the team/community doesn't win, - no one really wins! Thanks for pitching in and everyone giving, gifting, participating and sharing and growing together for fun!

Donations Open!

The Donation Form is now open! Thanks in advance to any and all who donate, I'm sure we'll love what you have to offer!

Donate Here

And, for those of you unable to login to Google, PM me with the PM title ALR Donation and the form in the box below (writing descriptions is optional but encouraged, and a description guide can be found here😞

Forum Name:

I would like to donate the following dragon(s):

Donation Description:

Donation Lineage Link

Donation Transfer Link:

Yay, I'm happy & excited for ALR to be back! Bred and entered my donations. :D

I am locked in the wrong time it's been a while, rosa! And am glad to hear that Shark and schen would be helping too, so hopefully not too much of a burden for all three of you!

Can't wait to breed a few random stuff to donate!

Edited by BlueLatios

Raffle Entries Open!

The raffle is now open for entries. Many thanks for all the wonderful donations. I hope everyone finds something they like!

Enter Here!

And for those unable to login to Google, please message me with the PM title ALR Entry and the form in the box below (line numbers can be found in the “Current Raffle Entries” document). If you are making a new prize group, please name it ALR Prizes (or some variant that contains those words):

Forum Name:

Scroll:

Prize Group Link:

I would like to enter for the following dragon(s):

Line #:

Edited by Rosastrasza

Didn't have space to hold things to donate this time around, but I bred all my SAltkins to the AP yesterday instead :D

If anyone wants to camp out for them, the first egg was bred Mar 10, 2021, 1:04 pm EST ---> https://dragcave.net/lineage/thW8S

And the last egg was Mar 10, 2021, 3:12 pm EST ---> https://dragcave.net/lineage/Yk5su

Thanks to everyone who did donate and good luck to everyone entering the raffle.  And many thanks to Rosa, Shark, & Schen for all the work they put into it :wub:!

Raffle Winners!

Congratulations, everyone! PMs will be going out to the winners shortly. Don’t forget to pick up your prizes within 24 hours of receiving your ‘Congratulations’ PM, or let me know if you can’t. If you are curious to see how many entrants there were for each dragon, feel free to check the Entrant Stats sheet, although doing so is optional. Please remember that discussing these stats is prohibited.

For those who did not have anyone who won their prize, they are welcome do with them as they please, including FFA'ing them here.

3EG Aqualis (2sSS) Alesita

3EG Avatar of Change Checker (1pSW, 1gSW) Aqub

3EG Black Tea (bMis, bAgs) Dalek

3EG Blue Fire Gem (1bluArc, 1 blkArc) tjenni

3EG Bronz Lunar Herald (2Cali) Kovia

3EG Crimson Flare Pygmy (1Pmkn) Dalek

3EG Gaia Xeno Checker (1pGar, 1bGar) Kigyptnee

3EG Guardian (1gE, 1bE) Ruby Eyes

3EG Kemaro Xeno (2Cali) Miltank

3EG Lihnseyre (2golSno) Tinibree

3EG Lihnseyre (2gSS) Sunrunner

3EG Moonstone Checker (1bbMut) tjenni

3EG Script (1bsMut, 1bluArc) Aqub

3EG Script (1Cali, 1pGar) N/A - No Eligible Entrants at Time of Drawing

3EG Skysilk (FC, yMis) Aie

3EG Storm-Rider (2 blkArc) Kovia

3EG Thalassa Checker (1bO, 1pO) Alesita

3EG Water (1YB, 1bGar) Rememberdrgns

3G White Zyu (1gSS, 1bbMut) N/A

4EG Gaia Xeno (1bK, 1bDesi, 1bGar, 1grnSno) Tinibree

4EG Gaia Xeno (1Shim, 1bAgs, 1HStg, 1bE) Zhiyi1015

4EG Mint Checker (4pO) BlueLatios

4EG Nhiostrife (1bAegis, 1bMis, 1bO, 1sSS) Aie

4EG Nhiostrife (2bDesi) sleepymuggle

4EG Thalassa Xeno (2bO, 1bbMut, 1Sol) BlueLatios

4EG White Zyumorph (2blkArc, 1bbMut, 1gSS) sleepymuggle

Edited by Rosastrasza

That's a lot of plenty for people! And grats to all the winners :D

Thanks again, ALR Team! Can't wait for next month's

Awesome! :D Thanks for hosting this, Rosa! ❤️

thank you for hosting, got my pretty Mutamore x Moonstone checker already ^^

Thank you Rosa, Shark & Schen, for running the raffle!  And thanks to the donator of my win!  I promise to pick it up ASAP as soon as this one egg hatches and frees me from egg-lock in about 6 hours :P  Have retrieved the eggo :wub:!

Edited by Sunrunner