TJ09

2017-02-14 - Valentine's Day!

I've been going in circles and now that i'm on the second page whenever I type "take path" it just takes me back to the first page again, I think I have a glitch!

No matter what i type it takes me back to the nest.

shame too, unlike those RPGs I was actually interested in this!

Edited by blockEdragon

Where? What object? There's a few instances in the game where you have to explore a bit to figure out how to move forward.

After I cut down the tree, I went down that path. It's blocked. I am no good at text games.

Anyone else stuck in the cave with the fungus? I can only move north, but no matter which direction I take after that I end up back in the cave with the fungus.

Same, I'm stuck between the crystals and fungus/skeleton no matter which direction I try to go. :S Is this an error? How do I return to the spider?

My third egg is gone now? I guess the glitch has been taken care of.

Interestingly enough, the egg that was taken was the first egg I caught.

Luckily it seems to have been abandoned and not destroyed, phew!

Edited by lolahighwind

Is there a thread for help on what commands we should be entering? I'm sooo lost, it took me forever just to get out of the nest and now I'm stuck again on the mountain path.

I am new to this event thing. How do I go about doing it? I only got as far as to read the note.

Try using common verbs that you might do: examine, take, walk, follow, climb, etc. Take note of what items you have and how you might use them. Examine the area around you for clues on how to move on.

Ooh, I'm loving these eggs! ohmy.gif Always a fan of purple, and it's a surprising change from the typical pink/red/white colors that we've already got.

I'll have to wait until later to get my hands on a couple, though. Didn't think to leave two of my eggslots open for them, whoops. xd.png

What commands did you try to go into the tunnels? Take notice of what direction they are in and go or walk that direction.

I tried several (follow -- tunnel, look tunnel, and a bunch of others i cannot remember). turns out it was "go (insert direction)"

it was kinda obvious. not sure how i missed it lol

Try going cardinal directions?

*snuggles* Thanks, Sock! I completely forgot about directions... and the mention of an east tunnel at the start of this section. XD

Anyone else stuck in the cave with the fungus? I can only move north, but no matter which direction I take after that I end up back in the cave with the fungus.

It seems to be bumping everyone back now, not sure why, but quite a few people have said this and I just experienced it myself. I'm going to go make cookies then try again. ^^

For some reason the I can't open the Biomes. Had this happen over the last days with the AP, too. That works fine now as does every other page on DC, no lag or anything.

Does anyone know why this is or what I could do?

Have you tried linking directly rather than from the cave? I think I remember that working for someone else. Here are the links smile.gif

Abandoned

Alpine

Coast

Desert

Forest

Jungle

Volcano

Otherwise it might just be because too many people are online. Maybe try again a bit later

Yaay the evil bad egg is gone and my other two are there. That means tomorrow I can play the story game. I'm glad I don't have to kill the eggs as punishment. Good nite and happy Vanetines!

Someone please help! I'm stuck at the cliff with the horse. When I try "Go Back" it takes me to the Mountain Path, but when I try any command there it just takes me back to the cliff. Where is this tree I'm supposed to cut down? It won't let me go to it!

Same, I'm stuck between the crystals and fungus/skeleton no matter which direction I try to go. :S Is this an error? How do I return to the spider?

Does it let you progress if you haven't done everything in a certain section? Maybe there's something to do before we can leave? I took the box and the sword, I took a piece of the crystal, but can't think of anything else that might need to be done.

And due to a thin connecting wall between myself and my roommate, I'll have to stop typing, so the best of luck to us all - and thanks to whoever put together this game!

So, I'm trapped in the Cultist's Grotto? Every time I try to leave, I just get redirected back there. Like, I type 'GO WEST' and it DOES take me back to the Entrance Tunnel...and then I type GO SOUTH or EXAMINE LEAVES and it says I'm back in the Grotto, and that those command are invalid. Help?

Well, what else have you tried? You have a week to explore the game and finish it. ^^

Try picking up any items around you. Can you use any of the items? Are there any other hints in the text for other areas you could explore?

I tried walk path, climp path...nothing. Picking up the armor dies not do anything either

It seems to be bumping everyone back now, not sure why, but quite a few people have said this and I just experienced it myself. I'm going to go make cookies then try again. ^^

Yeah, I just noticed the other posts. Oh well, maybe that's a sign I should go to bed. xd.png

Okay so I've sung to the dragon, and it still tells me that "If you try to run, the dragon will catch you. You need to find a way to stop it." when I type in go to cafe. what do I do?

Seriously no matter what I do at the narrow path on the second page it just bounces me back to the first!

try use axe on tree biggrin.gif

For a moment I thought my page had reset at the tree, so I re-entered a particular command and...

"> USE AXE ON TREE

You've already cut down the TREE. You wonder if chopping everything in sight is a good idea, or if that's just the adrenaline talking."

xd.png

WELP. That was the easiest holiday catch ever. I got mine when they first dropped. Thanks for the eggs! I've silently stalked this thread enough for one night. I'll play the game tomorrow :B

Edited by thephantomdragon