ShadowMonster

Nalom

Ella jolted at the sight of a gun being pointed at her before anything, before sighing heavily, fixing the man with a glare. ...He looked human enough, and... She hadn't seen any guns around before- Maybe he was human as well? His getup, though, made her wary, and she slipped her hand back into her coat, grasping the syringe. Not that it would do much, if anything, but it made her a bit more confident to hold, even if it might make them more suspicious of her. She straightened up once more, attempting to look unafraid. And, at this point, she really wasn't scared. The man was promising a quick death. Maybe this was all a dream, anyways.

"Wow. Has your mother ever taught you manners? Like, I don't know, don't point your gun at strangers? Look, I was just trying to find a safe place after the ground tried to collapse beneath my feet." ...Well, she had planned to be nicer, originally- But she was sore and hadn't slept for a good twenty four hours, and having a gun pointed at her did not make her suddenly so much more cheerful. She didn't remember the last time she had eaten, either- Irritation was strong in her.

She glanced past him, noticing the injured people on the ground, and moved to rub the bridge of her nose with a very heavy groan. "...And I do hope you know how to treat wounds, make sure there's no splinters left, no infections..." Though worry was inching it's way into her voice. Patients always came first to her, and seeing people in such a dire shape made her very unsettled. What had happened to them? ...And honestly, did he know how to treat such wounds? She was all too familiar with wounds similar- The wood could splinter and cause more pain and infection if the wood wasn't treated right, she knew. Well. That's what she knew from people who got branches stuck in them, at least.

Phill chuckled softly amd gave a wink at david finding it funny that he was angered so easilly. "Yes yes you did distract him, i guess i would be ash if me talking to him didn't work so thank you for distracting him, i do like having a solid form." After hearing the knock phill bit his lip hoping that there were not survivors that had tracked him."look i know it wasn't your fault, i jumped to block him because i felt bad you had saved me multiple times in reality so i wanted to try returning the favor." His reply was barely audible as he watched the door.

Phill saw that it was a female at the door with david pointing his weapon right at her. Already fearing the sound he burried his face and ears into the furniture he was sitting on as he couldn't cover both ears with one hand.

I'd love to get into this and join *if you're still accepting*, so if someone could give me a quick recap and the base timeline *technologies and weapons and stuff* that'd be great!

One David notied the woman's physical condition his gun wavered. She was wearing the normal garb of a doctor and looked impossibly exhausted. He returned er glare at her snarky statement, "We've had a rough day", was all he replied with. He holstered his gun but remained in the doorway, crossing his arms as if to say "you shall not pass". When she asked if he knew how to treat wounds such as theirs he finally smiled, "No. No we cannot. We were going to field dress it the best that we could in hopes of finding a doctor...which by the looks of it, found us instead"

David stepped aside and motioned for her to come in, "Sorry about that ma'am. I thought you were someone else". When she stepped inside, David poked his head out to look around outside. Deciding tht the coast was clear, he shut the door and locked it.

When the dotor stepped inside, the woman that helped save them rose to her feet. She had heard David say "doctor" and her hopes soared. she pointed to Phil on the floor, "He has a barbed arrow in his side as well as a stab wound in the left arm." she explained, concern dripping from her words, "Oh, and that jackass has a arrow in his shoulder. But you don't have to help him"

Ella nodded, stepping inside and surveying the area; Listening to the woman, she nodded once more, moving to settle beside the one on the floor and examining the wound. After a few moments, she drew back, turning her attention back to the others. "Check this place for a knife. Since this thing is barbed, I can't remove it with my hands. Find any spare cloth, anything that looks like a first aid kit- It's best to be over supplied than under. And a needle. Needle and thread would be great. These are deep enough that they're going to need stitches- And ice. Dear lord. You guys are in worse shape than I expected."

Having told her orders, she moved to carefully touch the skin around the puncture, mumbling a soft apology before sighing a bit. "...Does it hurt to touch it lightly like this? What about around here?" She moved her finger as she spoke, attempting to figure out if there was any splintering. She really hoped there wouldn't, but...

She withdrew her hand as she waited for a reply, Ella retrieving the bandages, disinfectant, and syringe from her coat. She patted around, sighing in relief when she found a small tub of numbing cream, and a pair of rubber gloves- She knew she had those with her. Finally relaxing, she paused, realizing that she hadn't even introduced herself yet to those in the room- Especially not to her patient. "Ah... I'm sorry. My name is Ella Barrett. Dr. Barrett to the jerk who pointed a gun at me, but Ella to the rest of you."

That's not how you make friends, Ella.

((I'm honestly not sure what is happening at any point in this RP--- I think we should still be accepting...? But I'm not sure about the timeline, either.))

Phill's ears twitched as they talked about the arrow lodged in his side and the state of his arm. Phill listened and the color in his face drained slightly as he thought about being cut open. He gave a quiet mumble to himself to encourage himself.

Phill let his golden eyes look up at the doctor tilting his head. When she began touching around the wound he gave small whines as it was sensitive but the most pain was when she tiuched right under the punction wound. Luckily there was no splintering but all phill knew was that there was a lot of pain in that area.

Phill watched as the doctor pulled out many different medicines that caused his ears to twitch and his nose to crinkle slightly from the scent. Phill gave a soft sigh while his tail wrapped around his waist "I'm phill, nice to meet you Ella."

"It's nice to meet you too, Phill."

She smiled gently at him, only briefly glancing over his ears and tail before focusing on the wound once more, and slipping on the rubber gloves. "I believe the arrow is a bit slanted, but there doesn't seem to be too much damage. I'll have to dig a bit to get it out, but the cream is for numbing, alright? You'll barely feel a thing, and I'll stitch you back up right afterwards. I won't lie, it's gonna sting a bit- But it'll just be like you're being pinched, nothing more. I shouldn't have to cut in too much. I just need to make sure I don't rip anything out when I pull it out."

Her tone was very gentle, and she smiled once more, opening up the tub. "This stinks a bit and is going to hurt to apply, but it'll feel better quickly. I just don't want you in too much pain when I have to operate, and it'll all be over soon, okay?" she cooed. "I don't think they punctured a nerve. You're very lucky, and very strong for doing this well. Just a bit longer."

...She couldn't help it. Phill was in pain, and seemed fairly upset and stressed, and was nicer to her than the previous man. She only felt right to treat him kinder and try to soothe him the best she could, as she began to apply the cream to the area around the wound, spreading it about an inch each way.

Phill was taken aback by the niceness from her, he only just met her so he assumed she may be more business like but it seemed like she actually cared. He listened to her talk about the arrow being slanted as well as numbing him and the smell of the numbing cream. Phill nodded quietly "i can handle a pinch as long as there isn't going to be excruciatin pain."

Phill's nose wrinkled and he raised his good arm to cover his nose at the intruding smell. Her tone was soothing to him becaise of how calm she seemed it had calmed him down as well. He nodded quietly as she said it would hurt for a second.

Phill was expecting her to put the cream on but the pain surprised him all the same. A whimper broke free from his throat as his tail thrashed around, his ears flattening as he sat through it. Soon though just as she said the pain had faded until he forgot she was even touching by his wound and looked up at the cieling feeling much better.

David searched the house with the purple eyed woman for the supplies the doctor requested. They were silent as they rummaged through cabinets and drawers. No first aid kit but they found some clean cloth and a basin to hold water. The woman took the supplies and went bak into the living room.

"here you go. It's not muh but it's all we could find" she said eyeing her work on Phil, "is he going to be alright? she asked, biting her lip.

David walked back from the kitchen. He had stepped outside to try the hand pump but the well was dry. He uncorked his water bladder and filled the basin to about halfway. He dug through his bag a little more and found what he was looking for. He set the small sewing kit he found in Dodge on the floor next to her. He stepped back and watched her work from across the room. She was a professional, clean and calculated. She was also a lot like David: out of place. She knew much more about medicine than other people in this place. Plus, she had a set of latex gloves as wel as some very modern numbing cream. Finally, David spoke up, "Where are you from Dr Barret?"

Scanning the objects, she nodded, uncapping the disinfectant and pouring a small bit into the water, and... Ah, she had a scalpel on hand; Good. It wasn't much, but without a knife, it would do. But that was all she had on hand, so... Still. Good enough to begin. She smiled at the woman, rinsing the scalpel and nodding. "Yes, he'll be fine. It didn't hit anything major; He'll need to recover, and I'm not sure how long it will take him- I don't mean to be rude, but I usually work with humans." Ella turned her attention back to the wound, carefully cutting it open, years of practice making it easy to dodge major things as she spoke once more, responding to the man.

"I'm from Canada," came her simple response, working the wound open. "And you?"

Soon enough, there was enough room that she could take the barbed head out, wincing at the sight, but quickly moving to disinfect the needle before beginning to work on sewing it up, humming softly as she worked. "I'm almost done. It'll be over in just a moment, then I'll move onto where you were stabbed... Alright?" she asked, her voice soft once more as she tied the string, leaning back finally to admire her work, lightly tying a bandage and a wet cloth around it to help with the pain when it returned feeling.

"Next. This one should be quicker, don't worry."

Phill kept his eyes away from the side that she was working on. Phill let his ears flick at her coment about usuakly working on just humans. "In this kind of world you must not get much business that way, also i heal like a human as far as i know i dont have increased healing."

Phill sighed as it was yet another place he had never heard of but kept quiet as he could numbly feel things moving over there. He looked away as she started stitching him up and talking to him. "Do you know what happened to it and why i can barely move anything over there? I was told something about cut muscles but i have no idea all i know is i cant move it besides wiggling my fingertips."

"Your body has likely gone into shock, as well. It's shut down that part to keep it from bleeding out and wasting any of it's energy. And... If your muscles have been cut, then it'll take quite a while for them to heal. I'm afraid I didn't really look all that much for anything specific, but..." Ella frowned. "I didn't think any nerves were cut, at least. You'll have to give it a bit to get feeling back, but you should be alright. Now, for the next part... This one is going to sting a bit more, as I'll have to put disinfectant in it, but I'll use the cream again."

She moved to the other side, rubbing the cream around his injury once more. As she waited for it to take effect, she soaked another cloth and began gently cleaning the blood up, causing the water to turn a slight red. Ella paused, frowning softly.

"...I haven't been here long, but you seem fairly similar to a human's anatomy. So it's not too difficult. And if you heal at the same rate... It'll be a while."

phill nodded "i know my side is fine especially now thanks to you but my left arm is unable to move and i can only imagine how long that will take to come back." Phill's arm may not have been able to move but he let out a whine and bit his bottom lip while she numbed and cleaned his wound. He was letting his tail thud against the floor while he felt her make sure the wound was clean. "Thank you, this means a lot to me and kitsunes basically are humans though some can heal, at least i wasn't part dragon then it would be a lot harder to help me."

David frowned, unsure what the doctor's answer meant. Canada was defiantlyon earth so that meant she was displaced like e was. David wasn't sure if that made him feel better. "Chicago was the last place I lived." he answered, "Did you happen to just wake up here in the past few days?". David's heart dropped when she gave Phil the news about his arm. An injury like that would take months to heal. Learning to maneuver with just one arm was a difficult task and he felt bad for Phil. He was so young and now he was going to have to deal with a handicap. David excused himself and walked out the back door to wait his turn.

the woman with purple eye turned away when she began to stitch Phil up. She hated seeing her friends like this. It was all that stupid human's fault. She glared after him as he left the house. If they hadn't stopped to help him, Phil would have both arms and Rain would still be awake. She would find a way to make him pay.

David sat on the steps leading to the yard and dug deep into his pockets. He withdrew a crumpled pack of cigarettes and pulled back the top. He had two less than perfect white cylinders left, it was all that remained from his time in prison. He stuck one crooked cigarette in his mouth and lit it with his prison lighter trick. He welcomed the lightheadedness that came with breathing burning tobacco. He wished Phil had just let Rain attack him. Anything would have been better than seeing his arm a bloody mess.

"Yep," came the response from the doctor to the man, before she quickly returned her attention to Phill. "Should only be a few days. You'll need to be careful with it- injuries like this take a few months to heal, but you're lucky it's not worse. I've seen people walk in with injuries like this, but splinters all around, and infections- Their nerves never healed completely. Yours should heal up fine, though, don't worry."

She switched to stitching it up, Dr. Barrett's hands careful to hold the wound together. "Typically, I'd have something stronger to numb the pain, but... We're not in any hospital. But that should do it. You'll need to be careful not to strain them too much or push yourself, and they'll need to be cleaned if you get anywhere dirty, but you should be fine now. Or, at least, you won't bleed out on the floor. Now, I believe I have to go retrieve the other man..." A pause. "...Try to relax. If you need any help afterwards, I'll just have to clean up." And she moved her things to a different, clear spot, and slipped out of the room.

Seeing the sight of him smoking outside, she sighed very heavily, shaking her head. "That's not healthy." Her tone said she could care less, however. "Your turn. And while I'm no therapist, you can talk to me afterwards. Patient confidentiality. I've done it before," she offered, Ella moving to survey the area. "...I don't want to know your life story. I'm not asking for that. But the added stress won't help you heal at all, especially considering how much you've all been through.

"Or are you worried about Phill? He'll be alright. It'll heal."

Phill looked at her with a slight bit of confusion unsure about what she said. He looked up at the cieling "a month without my left arm since it seems to be the one more difficult to deal with, it was burned probably melting some of the muscle there as well as bing cut very deep so did that mean the side would heal in a few days? " he had been talking to himself since he saw that she had left the room.

Phill stood up slowly, thankfull dor the fact he was still numb as he took the crackers and walked in the kitchen. He boured the crackers on the counter and began to eat them hungry from not eating much. He looked over at the women who seemed to hate david. "Why do you hate david+? He protected me and looked after us even provided food for us, i was careless and ran forward injuring rain and myself and put us all in danger. I caused this ." At the word "this" he pointed to his left arm bandaged to help keep the wound clean though his hand and wrist still were bloody as only the area around his wound had to be cleaned.

David glanced over his shoulders when he heard a sigh. He wasnt surprised she commented on his smoking habit. He only shrugged in response. In hindsight, smoking around a doctor wasn't the best idea but it didn't matter to DAvid. He deserved it after the day he had. David tapped out the cherry on the tip of his cigarette on the bottom of his boot, "Do you mind if we do it out here? If you haven't noticed, the general opinion of me inside isn't very outstanding" he said. David pulled his shirt over his head and moved down to the bottow step so Dr. Barret could work behind him. the area surrounding the stub of the arrow was red and puffy. The remaining shaft of the arrow poked out of a small pool of dried blood on his left shoulderblade.

He chuckled at her question about talking, "I guess I'm just still in shock from everything. We had to fight for our life bak in the last town. We are lucky we all walked away at all, despite what shape we are in. If is wasn't for Rain...the guy sleeping on the couch, thats Rain. If it wasn't for him we probably wouldn't be alive", he explained. David was silent, thinking carefully about his next choice of words," you're the only other person I've met from earth. " He fell silent for several minutes before speaking again, "I'm sorry I threatened you. I thought someone followed us..." he said, trailing of because he wasn't sure what to say next, "I have some gold or food. you know...as payment. I don't know how else to thank you".

The woman with purple eyes followed Phil and offered him a glass of water. She studied the doctor's work with worried eyes, " how are you feeling? she asked after a few moments. She furrowed her brow at Phil's question about David, 'Oh come on, really? He put us all in danger fireing those guns of his at all hours, He acted like a fool at that party, and he sure as hell didn't treat me right", she crossed her arms in from of her chest, "You can't actually trust that guy, right? I mean, how much do you actually know about him? He could be a murder. Or rob you guys blind in the middle of the night."

Edited by padfoot

((Always accepting. As to what is happening...I have no idea either lol. You can post your forms and anything on the OOC thread.

I'll edit my post onto here in a few))

Alexa grinned. "It's alright Kimon, I understand what you meant," she laughed. Her smile quickly faded as she thought about what he said. "I'm on an entirely different planet..." she muttered, gaze falling to the floor. Maybe it was a different name for Earth? What if Nalom was what the magical creatures called Earth? Very, very unlikely. She sighed. Well, getting home wouldn't be easy. Maybe impossible. She quickly stopped herself before her mind could travel any further.

She looked over at Hector. "How's that feeling of impending disaster or something? Is something terrible still about to happen?"

Edited by ShadowMonster

Hector didn't look at her right away. His large eyes were focused towards the south. Against the changing sky, he ould make out a great pillar of black smoke rising into the sky. It seemed to be a great distance away, further than he flew this afternoon. His head swivled back to look at Alexia, "Yes. It feels like it's coming from all diretions at once. I have never felt anything like this. " he stared back in the direction he was looking before, "and for the first time, I have the slightest idea when it's going to happen"

"Yeah, working out here would be fine. I'll go grab everything," came Ella's response. She paused at the door as he began to speak, though, listening quietly and frowning slightly. It was after a few minutes that she spoke up, keeping her eyes averted and using a somewhat detached tone of voice; Had to keep things professional, not get emotionally invested. Especially considering what she was going to do to them. She almost regretted it, but... Maybe she could bring this man with her, home? Surely, Elin wouldn't mind...

"Rain, hmm? I hope he's not injured... Ah, maybe I'll have to do a check up anyways. Best to be safe rather than sorry." She was only speaking to herself, just a mumble, before she raised her voice to speak to him instead of to herself. "It's fine. Not the first time I've been threatened here- And a bullet would've been a quicker death than being eaten alive. Because, apparently, that's what some of the locals want to do. Eat me alive. This is a very lovely change from that." More silence, but she hesitated before opening the door, lowering her voice a bit. "...Food would be great. I don't remember the last time I've eaten." And she slipped inside.

It didn't take long for her to gather up all of the stuff and head outside, though it did require a couple of trips. As soon as everything was settled, she sat down behind him, rubbing the cream on first with a quiet hum. "...You're all lucky to have made it out with such minor injuries. But then again, I suppose I'm far too used to people coming in after cracking their heads open from falling down stairs... Funny how such mundane things can sometimes cause worse injuries than fights, huh? Still, it's a good thing that none of you are bleeding out." Well, now, she was rambling on, more than anything. Idle talk as she worked. "And that I came here when I did. I arrived from the woods, though. Deeper in- It's not somewhere you'll want to go, there's... A spider that lives there. Not very friendly."

She didn't really want to say too much about it, but she had already thought up a false story to cover herself. Ella couldn't let them all know, after all, that she was really there to help the spider- No, that'd be a bullet in the chest for sure. And as favorable as that was to being eaten alive by the spider... "I'm guessing most people from Earth might have wasted away by now. Stumbled into things, less fortunate than ourselves. Either that, or they're terribly lost... Or on the other side of this place, completely. Ah, I almost pity them, but years of work have made me numb to death..." And she sighed, moving to begin to cut the wound open.

---

Kimon fell silent once more, listening to the two as he preened more, a somewhat nervous habit of his. He glanced over in the direction Hector had been staring at, freezing up in his movements as he spotted the pillar of smoke, silently hoping it wasn't in the forest- And, if it was, that it wouldn't reach them. He curled up a bit tighter, appearing to become a head attached to a blob of feathers, almost. He couldn't help his fear. Lots of things were happening; Bad things. So many bad things...

Phill looked over into those purple eyes with his golden ones, his ears twitching as he grabbed the water setting it by his pile of crackers. Phill actually lqughed at her saying he could be a murderer or rob them blind. "Those guns or whatever you want to call them only have been used when he has felt threatened and even though they hurt my ears he does give us a warning most times. We all acted a fool at the party, do you not remember me nearly attacking rain on the dance floor or the reason that we left? Murderer huh, well good then he will fit right in though considering how many people i killed when i could have left them alive i probably should be dead, even after i tried to turn over a new leaf, so you still trust me? I have probably murdered more than either of them when it comes to doing it unneccesarily back when i lived alone in a werehouse. I trust him and rain both, rain was on a rampage but he aimed at the house instead of rain, he is not from nalom as far as i know, he didn't know what a Nalom was, he said he is from chicago."

Phill felt slightly better as he had gotten that out of his system. He took a sip of water before letting out a sigh as he could feel some pain starting to return. "I feel alright, im starting to ger feeling back but not too much, just barely able to feel it. I should try and not move so muchcmaybe i can lift rains legs."

Phill walked slowly to the couch and admitted it would be easier if rain had pants on. He could have grabbed the pants legs together but for now he wrapped his arms around the ankles and lifed them while he sat down. He lay rains legs back over him and looked up quietly.

Rainlistend silently to the conversation and the arrival to someone new. He was a little afraid that david and phill may hate him or be extremely mad although he knew better. Feeling someone move his legs he looked down and seen phill attempting to move him.

Rain helped by movinghis legs but kept silent. Looking at phill he noticed that he looked rough but he had some bandages around his stomach and arm. Guilt wiped through him as he was sure that he had cause at least one. But his memory was a littlw fuzzy on the subject.

Coming to a sitting position he looked at phills profile.

"What happened" rain puase before reaching a hand out and gently running his fingers over his side covered in gauge.

"Are you ok, I'm sorry." Rain pulled his hand away as his ear drooped in defeat and depression. He was afraid to touch phill but he wanted to have some skin to skin contact just to know that phill was ok amd that he didnt hate him.

Rains eyes glanced over to a women in what he assumed was a kitchen before he came back to look at phill. Looking down at the ground he sighed.

Phill was surprised when rain helped move his legs and phill watched him sit up. Phill was glad the pain wasn't there as his hand softly grabbed rain's hand. Phill pulled rain against him gently and murred. Phill nuzzled into rain's hair and ears gently hoping to get the depressed look off his face though he had to tell him what happened.

Phill gave out a soft sigh "as for what happened, we were caught up to by the caravan who tried to kill us. We got to the roof but i was shot in the side by an arrow, david had been shot in the shoulder before we went out the window and on the roof. You stayed behind and started a fire to try and block their advance or kill them i don't know. David and i met at the horses and waited for you but when you emerged you were in a rage, i tried to talk to you and calm you but david fired his gun at the building by you so you attacked. I managed to tackle you and grab you but your overheated knife went right through my arm, luckily it will heal and i will be able to move it, it just may take a month so probably on my birthday when i get my second control and my abilities get stronger ill be able to make illusions of myself and may even be able to create lightning like you do fire since it gets stronger each tail."

Phill continued to softly rub his face against rain. His tail swayed quietly behing him as he enjoyed rain being so close. He hummed quietly keeping rain close.

Rain listened to phill while looking around taking a closer look at the place he was in. It was mostly barren. There wasnt alot.png of stuff around and other than the purple eyed woman they where the only people inside from what he could tell.

"Wheres david, is he ok. And why are you hugging and nuzzling me. I'm not that bad off, not as bad as you." Rain asked as he tried to pull away from phill. But he have a vise like grip on rain amd he didnt want to hurt him any more that he already had. Giving up he slumped against him.

"How can you just seem to forgive me, I could have killed you." Rain asked from his place in phills lap where he had wiggled to in his embrace.

"Actually I'm suprised your not. On all accounts you probably should be. Its what I used to do for a living." Rain thought for a minute contemplating something

"I owe you, if you want or need something, anything at all ask amd I'll do my best to make it happen." Looking him in the eyes he tried to convey how sorry he was and was sincere in his declaration.

David winced when shestarted rubbing cream on the entry wound. The surrounding area was tinder and he ould feel every bump against the arrow shaft. He kept his voice as level a he could, "eaten alive? Guess I'm lucky i've just been shot at", he said with a weak laugh, "I'll see what all we have once you finish up". David though about what she had said and was suddenly finding himself much more fortunate. He couldn't imagin beingdropped in the middle of the woods in a new place. She seemed to escape this giant spider so it coudn't be all bad. "Other humans? You think more people ended up here like we did?" he asked. If more like them were here...he didn't know what that meant. Maybe it had something to do with the darkness he was investigating with Phil and Rain. He was silent for several moments before speaking again, "How did you get away? From this giant spider, that is. I'm sure you could travel with us until the next town. we all kinda owe you anyway."

The woman with purple eyes stepped back into the living room. Her face lit up with joy, "Oh! RAin! You'er awake. I was scared you wouldn't wake back up" she said, crossing the room and giving them both a hug.

Edited by padfoot