ShadowMonster

Nalom

(((??? He fired over his head into the sky, angled away from the road, not into the water. I thought I put that in my post...)))

(((On another note, there is no way he could see bent nails flying out of the gun. You need a highspeed camera to see that (I think muzzle velocity of a gun is 720 m/s ) those nails are probably miles away by the time they hit the ground. )))

Edited by padfoot

((Edited even with his enhanced sight probably wouldnt see it but he just raised it above his head so no clue where it was aimed.))

(K so I edited the first post to combine everything and added in a better explanation of the whole humans randomly appearing in the world thing. I realized we never really explained that, only talked about that before making this.)

"I-I know," Alexa said, forcing her mouth into a weak smile, "I meant it, thank you. I w-wasn't being sarcastic or anything. I know it needed to happen." Her smile quickly became genuine. She accepted the hug, wrapping her arms around Kimon gently. She was careful to not damage his wings or pluck a feather. As he wiped away her tears she closed her eyes.

(wanna time skip a bit? we gotta find a way to get in on the action.)

](((Up? xd.png reading back I wasn't really clear. Sorry about that)))

Despite covering his ear, it was still loud as hell. His ears were pounding and a loud ring blocked out the sounds around him. He looked over to Phil, who seemed to be trying to say something.

"couldn't you-.....-ut first, .... is but it hurt, also what does... do besides try to kill our....." was what David could make out.

"What!" he said over the din in his head, "sorry! I can't really hear you. That was really loud!". He waded to the edge of the pond and pulled himself out. He sat on the bank with his legs still in the water. The ringing was subsiding enough to make out what Phile said next;

"nothing to be done about it now just please try and give more of a warning, i had no clue it would make any noise." phile said

David gave him puzzled look, "Didn't know they made noise? They...Oh! I forgot no one could help me find them. They are guns and these make more noise than normal guns. In the next town, do me a favor and remind me to look for some hearing protection. I think we are-...I am going to need it in the future" He said, suddenly remembering he agreed to go his seperate way i the next town. He watched the two fox men roughhouse on the other side of the fountian. With his shirt off, multipe small scars were visiable down the left side of his torso. Each mark were almost perfect circles. and there were more than a dozen dotting the left side of his abdomen. He glanced over at his pistols laying in the grass next to him. An idea popped into his head, "Hey. do either one of you wanna try one?" he asked, motioning his weapons, I can look through my bag and I might be able to put together some ear protection."

Rain was startled by the blast jerking a little. Distracted as he was he missed seeing phill get closer to him, then he felt his arms around his waist lifting and throwing him into the water a couple of feet away. Instead og coming back up thouth he swam over to where phills legs were and wrapped a hand around each before planting his feet on the floor of the spring and pushing up bring him to the surface and phill down under.

"No thats ok, there your weapon of choice not mine. Worst comes to worst I just cook whatever is trying to kill me."

Rain felt phill moving around under the water and he scampered to the edge of the fountain and climded out. Ringing out davids shirt that he had managed to hold on to he slipped it over his head and held his arms out looking at it. It hung on him coming to mid thigh.

"You know your a lot bigger than us." Looking up and gazing at david he paused noticing the scars on his cheat and abs.

He didnt say anything but it made him curious as to where they came from and the story behind them. Walking over to him he took a seat beside him letting the sun dry him off. The warmth made him lethargic and a feeling of nostalgia as he layed back sprawling out on the grass keeped alive by the fountain.

" We should probably get moving sometime soon and we would make then next town by mid noon instead of noon."

Rain took a deep breath before rolling to a siting postion then a standing as he made his way to his clothes. As he picked them up he stuffed most into his bag. Leaving the pants out he took them to the fountain and washed them before wringing them out and shimming into them.

He kept davids shirt on because he didnt feel lile taking it off and because david was unconsciously turning into a father like figure to rain, right beside his master. He never got to close to people usually because they ended up dead but as he looked back at the two he felt a pull on his heart. This two had become important to him in the last 3 or 4 days. Now he would never admit it but he would feel sad when they had to split ways.

There was a soft hum, and he relaxed, finding the action more comforting than he expected, even to himself. "...It'll be okay," he whispered to her, smiling softly. "It'll be okay."

After a few moments, he shifted to glance over at Hector momentarily, though he didn't try to free himself in the slightest. He shot him a questioning glance, as he seemed unsettled; Kimon couldn't help the slight worry growing in the pit of his stomach at the sight. That couldn't be a good omen, after all...

((timeskip sounds good to me!))

Alexa quickly fell asleep while still mid hug.

A few hours passed before her eyes reopened. She stared up at the ceiling. Where was she? Oh yeah; strange place, stick in leg, bird people. Her leg didn't hurt any more. She pushed herself up on her elbows to look at her leg. Wrapped in a now mostly red cloth. It was numb now though, so that was good. She really wished she had gone to sleep in more than shorts, a t-shirt and socks.

The only thought on her mind was to get out of the nest and explore; she wanted to learn about where she was, and why and how she was there. Well, and that she wanted pants. She was cold.

Hector silently glid (Glided? Gledded?) above the treetops. He had flown south to check it out. The pull of dread grew stronger every mile he flew. Just when it was so intense Hector though he would be forced to land, it had stopped. It seemed to have moved, now pulling from the east. There was no way that spmething that terrible happened without him showing up. He has yet to provea correlation between the pull and his presents but they never seemed to go away until he arrived.

As he neared the nest of the harpy, he dropped below the treetops and came in for a landing. He noticed the girl they had saved, Alexa he believed her name was, was up and moving around. He landed on one of the large branches supporting the nest, "Oh good, you're awake", he said in his deep voice. He revealed what he was holding in one of his talons. He handed over a thick, knitted blanket with a jagged hole carved in the center, "I noticed how scantly you were dressed. This was the best I could do on my way back. I hope it is sufficient.".

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

David chuckled when Rain put his shirt on and it swallowed him.

'You know your a lot bigger than us." he said.

David laughed, "You don't say? I honestly though you two were children when I first met you" he said jokingly. He caught Rain eyeing his torso and momentarily forgot the scars that were present there. Instead of mentioning it, he eyed the man back.

"Soooo....whats with the...uh...", he motioned to the top of his own head, signaling that he was talking about the fox ears on top of their heads. He had gotten used to it but it still wasn't normal. They caught him off guard everytime they caught his eye.

"We should probably get moving sometime soon and we would make then next town by mid noon instead of noon." rain said, breaking him out of his thoughts.

"Oh...Yeah. We have been dicking around here for a while. Nice though" he said, looking over the shimmering pond.

Phill was giggling before he got flipped under the water by his legs due to rain. Phill shurried out and giggled as he saw the shirt look like a dress on him. He ruffled rains hair before stepping back and looking up at david. He saw the scars david had and he traced his own subconciously.

Phill had stretched out in the grass enjoying the feel of it against his skin. He would roll slightly to look at the others not sure if he should ask about david's scars. He was starting to grow to like the guy, he seemed like a good role model to him considering all his past ones.

Phill got up soon after rain shimmied into his pants. Phill left no shirt on since his purple one was ripped bad up the side not helping him hide or protect anything anyways. He pulled first his briefs up, then his pants struggling slightly due to his skin being wet, they didnt want to cover his butt then they trapped his tail.

Phill finally got his pants on with some grumbling and let his tail sway happily. He thought about how they were close to the next town and looked over at david again his soft golden eyes locked onto his face. "Uhm...david, since they are looking for you too maybe we should stick together, if we split up there are two of us so we could distract them but if they surround you knowing that it's just you... What im trying to say is you don't mind sticking together with us for at least a little longer, maybe until we are back to the other town?" Phill was not sure where it came from but he wanted to get it out of the way, he knew he wanted to keep david around, he was becoming a role model not only to himself but rain seemed to realy like him too and though phill usually wouldn't like that he felt at ease that it was david.

Phill tilted his head though as he thought about davids question. "I guess you mean our ears? We are called kitsune's i guess since we didn't know about guns or whatever you talked to the blacksmith about before it's natural that you wouldn't know some things either. Think of us as fox people if you must since i didn't get the chance to learn too much, i know about the little rubber or mettal ball most have but telling all about that would not seem wise. But yea we have fox ears and tails ill have my second soon, we can have up to nine."

Rain walked to his horse petting it along its neck.

"I would let you rub them just so you can see ...... you know....... but my ears are really sensitive where there so large. Feel free to rub phills though im sure he wont mind." Rain said as he left to gather his stuff before swinging up onto his horse.

Turning he gave it a small kick and sent if in the direction of the next town. He drifted sideways so they would eventually get back on the road.

Glancing behind him he spotted phill and david. Smiling he felt content to say the least. They didnt really have a reason to be together other than david needing a horse and they needed supplies but he was happy they were.

"Hey David do you want to stay with us after you finish your buisness in the next town." He through over his shoulder as the other to caught up

david's mind was reeling. Fox people? Horses only? No one has heard of guns or whiskey? Not to mention tat people used magic. Where the hell did he wake up? He snapped out of it when the others got on their horses and started back towards the road. He had so many questions now but they would have to wait. He ambushed his horse and jumped on his back.

Back on the road, he smiled at Rain's offer to touh Phil's ears, "So thats your name." he said, looking at the other kitsune, "That's alright , I touched yours back in the last town when you were following me, remember?" David was happy they finally trusted him enough to let him stick with them. He figured it was time to let them know something that has been bothering him, "Ok so...ya'know how I say things that you don't know and you say things I don't know? Well...I don't know where 'here' is. I'm from Chicago, Illinois and I sorta...woke up here five days ago." he said as his horse fell into step next to the two.

"Hey David do you want to stay with us after you finish your buisness in the next town.", Rain finally offfered.

David was taken aback, that was an invitation from both of themin less than five minutes. "Absolutely. I didn't know what I was going to do after then next town. The ony instructions I had was "go South", David said, relizing how clueless he was, "I hope the next town is well stocked, my bag is feeling pretty light ad I have this stolen gold to get rid of".

Noticing that she had fallen asleep, Kimon carefully freed himself, placing her down on the bed and retreating to a corner of the nest to wait for her to wake up. Well. That was the plan, at least, but after a short bit, he dozed off, nestled in a pile of feathers and soft down, his wings tucked around him as he settled into a ball, almost.

After quite a few hours, however, his rest was disturbed by noise, and he shifted with a yawn, eyes opening slowly as he stared at the other two, staying still for a bit as he woke up more. It took a few minutes for the harpy to finally stretch his wings out slightly- not by much, there wasn't enough room in there without hitting somewhere else, due to the size of his wings- before folding them once more against his sides and moving to sit on the pile of feathers, still drowsy but less so now. He didn't make any move to speak, though. Not yet, at least. Not that awake.

Still, it didn't stop him from listening and preening himself while he waited, blinking his eyes tiredly at the two as he... Basically melted into a feathery puddle.

Phill was on his house following rain not far behind them he turned a soft red as rain said thatdavid could touch his ears. "Rain you know my ears are justas sensitive as yours, just because yours are larger doesn'tmake mine any less sensitive." Phill nodded as he watched as david looked at him seeming glad to know his name before talking about some place called Illinois. Phill tilted his head to the side looking back at him "i have no clue what or where Illinois is but it doesn't seem anywhere near here i know of nalom but not much about chicago?"

Phill smiled at david's reaction and nodded. He liked how david seemed happy to stay with them "i hope so i need a new shirt and i don't think taking yours is an option, if it's a dress on rain then ill be walking on it and fall, next thing you know ill be completly hidden in it." After he spoke phill laughed a real laugh for the first time in a while his soft high pitched voice ringing through the air. "We are doing the same thing, just heading south to figure out what the wave of grey was and if it leads to what we have seen down here and if so how long after it passes?"

Edited by voltage

Rain listened to phill and david as the chatted back and forth silently wondering what Chicago was like. It didnt sound like anything around here.

Rain was brought out of his thoughts by the change of the scenery. Rains heart raced and leaped as he caught sight of a few buildings. As they got closer his hear took a plummet as he took in the grey and crumbling houses.

"Well this looks promising doesn't it" rain pulled his horse to a holt looking at david and phill. All the feelings he had had seemed to have been leached from him by the town.

As Hector landed Alexa sat all the way up and gently swung her legs over the edge of the bed, careful to not damage her leg in any way. She gratefully accepted the knitted blanket and put in on. "It's amazing, more than sufficient. Thanks." She grinned.

"So, Nalom? What exactly is Nalom? Where exactly is Nalom?" She glanced back and forth between the two as she asked. Her voice didn't shake; she wasn't scared.

Phill saw the buildings coming up as well and headed towards them. His head immediqtly dropped when he saw the buildings crumbling and grey, he couldn't see any good signs from what he could see and his ears lowered from his sadness.

Phill rode up beside rain and hugged him gently yet awekwardly due to being on horses. "We may as well go through, maybe it stopped partway through like how the one from my cave didn't reach the city. We just have to keep positive as much as we can." Phill adjusted himself on his horse and gave a soft sigh.

David looked at Phil questioningly. He wasn'tsurprised that he didn't know where Chicago was, he was more concerned about what he had said next. "Nalom? whats a Nalom?", he asked.He was getting a sinking feeling in the pit of his stomach. He had never heard of Nalom but he wasn't good with geography. He had a feeling that he wasn't even on earth anymore.

David's heart dropped at the sight of the next town. Dilapidated buildings made up the entirity of the small town. No living thing could be seen on the road. David dropped off his horse and walked to the closest window. He cupped his hands around his eyes and peered into the darkness. the inside looked as bad as the outside. David stepped over to the door and found that it was locked. He put his hands on his hips and looked both ways down the road, "Well, I'm not leaving empty handed", he said, rearing back and kicking open the wooden door.

Rain watched as david kicked the door in and went to the next house. Putting his hand on the nob it didnt turn so he walked back a couple of feet and slammed the door.

It gave with a small popping sound and swang open. Walking in he must have been in the living room as there was a couch and and table with some chairs placed around the room. Most small valuable stuff was taken and the larger heavier stuff was left.

A set of stair led up to a second story and after searching the bottom floor and coming up empty he went up. As he went up the smeel of dust that had hung in the air changed to rot and decay. Opening the firat door he found out why as that room was the source of the smell.

Rain turned the handle and the door creaked open sending up little bouts of dust. The room had been a vibrant pink at one time but now its walls were covered in dirt or just simply falling in. A rocking chair was in one corner with a blanket and crib next to it. Some toys where in a basket on the other side with a high chair for feeding.

In the crib lay the decomposing form wrapped in a faded yellow blanket of a baby. It was hard to tell what creature it may have been but either way it pulled at rains heart. Bowing jis head he gave a moment of silence before turning to explore the rest of the house.

While the baby was one of there child they must have had two others as rain found a bark blue room that houses some old clothes that were in good shape. They must have left in a hurry after the deathbof the baby. Picking up three shirts and two pairs of pants. One pair was most likely for a girl as they had embroidery down the legs.

He left the house with the pants in hand ready to show phill and david.

Phill sighed at david and waved his hand around. "As far as i know, unless memory serves me wrong we are on Nalom." Phill watched as they each went into a house breaking through the door. Phill walked up to a house across the street andused his backpack to break a window. He climbed inside and avoided the broken glass as he found himself in the living room.

Phill hung his head saddened slightly as there was a body on the couch that apparently didn't know what was coming. There was a couple of stands along with the couch and a table with just two chairs around it.

Opening the stands he found nothing of use for the most part some paper and writing utensils. In the stand behind the guys head he found an empty cantine which he figured would come in handy.

He walked up the steps to find two bedrooms, walking into the one on his left. In it was the second corpse along with womens dresses, so he decided to go into the last bedroom. He had better luck finding two shirts and a pair of pants that were too big for him and seemed they may be closer to david's size as the body on the couch took up the entire couch. Even if they were too big he could find a way to keep them up.

David found himself standing i the gloom of an abandoned convenience store. Or, what was left of it. Most of the shelves were knocked against on annother like dominos. He poked at a pile of packages with the toe of his boot. The continents released a cloud of spores and crumbled into gret dust. he sighed and started sifting through the food scattered aroud.

David emerged from the dark shop and back into the sunlight. He had managed to find a sealed room in the back of the store that reminded him of a walk in freezer. The grey had leaked in slowly but he managed to find a few ripe fruits and vegetables that seemed edible. The lot was tuked away safely in his bag. He also found a sewing kit, a whetstone, and a few things he could load into his guns. On to of his head, he wore a brown leather hat with a wide brim. It reminded him of the kind of hats aussie ranchers wore. It was sitting in a locked glass case behind the counter. David didn't think anything of it so he smashed the glass with the butt of his gun and took it. Finally he had something to tip to people. He noticed Rain coming out of the building next door, "anything?" he asked, "I got a little food but I don't know how long it's going to keep". David glanced around the ghost town, didn't that guy from the Brotherhood say they had an agent in this town? he wondered.

(((sooo, is nalom the coutry or the area or the planet?)))

As rain came out of his house he had spotted phill through a window of the house across the street. Stepping down onto the ground he took off in his direction.

"Anything" davids voice startled rain as he left. Shacking his head to nothing important . Rain pointed at the place phill had gone into as a indication as to where he was going before taking off again.

Coming up the the front door he smiled as it had not been opened but instead the window had been busted out. Opting for the already open entrance he climbed in crunching on the glass as he entered. The same smell of death was here as was the large corpse of someone on a couch. But phills scent of honey amd melons helped to lead rain to phill who was upstairs in a room by himself.

"Hey" he felt awkward at saying anything to him in such a place but he couldnt help it.

"I bet you would look fabulous in one of those dresses. Care to wear one." Rain winked at phill, something he had seen david do a couple of times and he had found it annoying. He thought that phill may take it as maybe a joke but he wasnt sure.

"I'll go get you one." Rain disappear and came back a couple of minutes later with women's clothing he had found in a room down the hall. Setting them down he pulled up a blue dress from the pile.

"How about this one." The dress was made for a slim woman so rain was sure he could fit it. Hell they both probably could. It had a slit that ran up the leg and little beads were sown on it in swirling patterns.

"If not that how about this" ran dropped it and picked up a Lacey black leather dress. It was short and the shirt part of it had pleats in it. The top came up amd would have cupped the breasts of a woman but on a guys it would probably look hilarious.

"And hey here's one for David. Think we can hold him down and dress him up." Rain said while holding up a bright red dress with gold ribbon and trimming. It had long billowing sleeves. Rain smiled while looking at phill.

"By the way before we leave I suggest we burn the town as a last tribute to this people. Give them a burial fit for a king if you will."

(((((( I'm assuming nalom is the planet. Any suggestions on a name for the area. And town there in.))))))))

Edited by Acornia

Phill was getting the pants folded along with the shirts. He turned towards rain nodding before turning bright red. "Hey what are you winking for and a dress? Me? What makes you think that." Phill was putting the clothes in his bag before he saw the dresses put down.

Phill decided to go along with rain giggling. He pulled the blue one up in front of him. "I will wear the blue if you wear the black one." He giggled at rain holding up the other dress "i am sure if we walk out in dresses he will be laughing so hard we would have a chance. Besides i think you would look good in black though i dont know if blue is my color."

Phill nodded humbly as he listned to rain. He gave a small nod "i agree that we should be able to burn it down,allow them to rest peacfully with a burial for a king."

Rain grumbled as he pulled his clothes off. Taking the black dress he put it on the floor and stepped into it. But the back was lace up amd he stood holding the front to keep ot in place. He turned and waited as phill took the indication and laced it up. When he was done rain let his hair down and smoothed out the material as it felt a little hard to breath. Letting his arms fall he was able to touch the bottom of the skirt.

"You do realize that I look like a girl." He stated in the most feminine voice he could. And he did. Being short with no body hair besides what was on his head he did.

"Well now it's you turn. Come on, dress for me honey." He said a sweetly as he could setting on the edge of the bed and folding his legs.

He wanted to see phill in a dress and even though he though that the red would look better he know that it was to big. So he would stick with what he could get.

"You know I had to use disguises in my old job. I might go looking for some more bags and take some clothes with me. Never know when they may come in handy. And i think we look good as girls." Rain said the last part while starring at phill with a blush on his face.

Phill blushed as rain stripped and stepped into the dress. Phill slowlylaced up the dress for rain before taking a step back looking up and down. "We both look like girls, you are not alone." Phill was hairless beside his head tail and ears and he stripped before slowly pulling the dress on. He had rain help him a little to make sure he had it on right.

Phill could rach the bottom of it and did moving his body back and forth shyly. He felt his tail lifting the back of the dress slightly causing his briefs to be displayed. He bit his lip as his hair was messed up and covered both his eyes slightly. He did a little twirl and walked up to rain sitting in his lap blushing "i think these may come in handy and i must admit they feel good. Are we ready to go try and pin david or you want to wait a minute?"

(((Dodge? As in "get out of")))

David leaned against the store he just broke into and watched rain climb into the building Phil broke into. He leaned his head back against the wall and sighed. Where was he? This Nalom place was nothing like earth. It was full of weird people with weirder powers. David felt out of his depth. Even when he was in prison it wasn't this bad of a situation. At least there he knew what to expect. Here...Here he didn't know what to think.

Movement to his left caught his eye. Looking down the road they had came he could seee some dark shapes coming up over the hill. as he watched, more and more began heading their way. David shielded his eyes against the glare of the sun. Then he could make out some minor details. Men on horses, covered wagons? uh oh he thought, sprinting arross the street and leaping into the house.

Inside smelled the same as outside. Decay and death filled his nose. He didn't have time to worry about that. David stomped up the stairs, taking them two at a time. Whe he got to the landing, he ran inot the closest room with the door open, "Guys I think-" he stopped short when he saw the two foxes in suggestive positions...also in dresses, "Uh...whats going- nevermind. I think the caravan has caught up with us!" he said, pointing to the window vaguely in the direction he saw the wagons.

(((You mind Acornia?)))