ShadowMonster

Nalom

Rain though it over quickly.

"Yes that would be smart, also if it is safer when we get to the next town we all should stick together or just two people. You and david would be the better choices."

Rain sighed and tied his hosre up along side phills before he plopped down on the ground. He was to tired to pull out the tarp. And the ground wasnt wet or damp so if it was just one night he didnt care.

Glancing back at phill and david he motioned to the ground. They could resume there journey tomorrow and by mid day they would be at the town. But for tonight they would get the rest thy needed.

"Come on there's plenty of room for both of you." Rain yawned and guestured to the flat landscape around him. Turning on his side he used a arm as a pillow and curled up, closing his eyes waiting for sleep to take over.

((((((We can time skip when ever you guys are ready)))))

David followed suit, tying up his horse and listening to what they had to say. they were in a field with little tree cover. A fire was out of the question. It was lucky that he managed to eat before Rain went on a rampage. It was pitch black now that the sun a dropped behind the horizon. He heard the other members of his part getting ready for bed and discussing what should happen tomorrow. Thats when he spoke up, "We stick together, bad things happen when you split the party", he said from the darkness. DAvid suddenly had a thought; he was the only one that still had money. Once again, it would be on him to get supplies. It wasn't a big deal, the coin he had were stolen to begin with. "I'll take first watch", he said, absentmindly. His thoughts were elsewhere and there was no way he could get to sleep now. HE sat against the tree their horses where tied too and watched the road.

DAvid was unsure when he fell asleep but he was awoken to a voice directly by his ear.

"If you hurt them, I'll kill you" a female voice whispered.

David was on his feet in a flash, gun in hand and pointing at the space in the darkness where the voice had come from. He squinted against the inky blackness that surrounded him.

"They are friends of mine and I won't stand you disrespecting them" a different voice said, this time from somewhere above him

"Show yourself. who are you?" David demanded, trying to see into the night. The voice was silent, seemingly gone but David stood absolutely still for several minutes, listening for the sound of footsteps or something to indicate where the speaker had gone. Nothing but the occasional sound of the horses and the steady breathing of the other two. David replaced his holster with shakey hands and walked to where the others were sleeping. He laid out his blanket next to them and lay on top of it on his back. He folded his hands over his chest and let himself fall asleep.

(((A-yep. Ready whenever you are)))

Phill gave a curt nod atthem before he sprawled out not far from rain, he figured it would be easier to protect multiple people if they were close together. "Splitting the party is not a good idea, that is for certain so if one of use goes somewhere we all do." Phill took his backpack off and used it as a lumpy pillow, though slightly uncomfortable he had used worse.

((Ready when you are))

(((((time skip))))))

Rain woke with a kink in his neck and sleep sand in his eyes. Standing he stretched then bent over stretching the other way.

Rain glanced at the other two and noted that sometime doing the night david had moved, he must not have been able to stay awake the whole night or wake one of them up to take over. But with the amount and type of sleep they have been getting.

Walking over to phill he nudged his foot.

"Get up..... " oddly rain didnt have much else to say but he felt he should. After a minute or two rain made his way to David. He repeated the process with him.

After getting a noise from both rain made his way back to his spot and waiting for them to wake up enough to talk.

Phill had been peacefully sleeping with his body splayed on the ground, he had slept on the ground many yimes though each time caused pain in his lower back. When he was nudged he made a low noise that sounded like a growl mixed with the hoo of an owl. He woke up slowly and sat up rubbing his eyes before looking at rain "morning, did i sleep in too late?"

David jolted awake, immediately grappling for his blunderbuss. Drawing it from it's holster and bolting upright, he relized that it was only Rain waking them up. Replacing his gun and yawning, "I'm sorry", he slurred. It had been a rough night for him. After being threatened by someone who may or may not been there he had awoken almost every hour from a dream they were being attacked. he regretted seeing morning come so soon. He sat up and pulled his bag over to him, "Morning" he muttered sleepiness not wanting to release it's hold on him. He fished out the small pack of dried meat and pulled out a few slivers. He offered the bag to the others.

"hm...no, not really. But it is mid morning." Rain stood and walked over to phill examining him as he came closer.

It was clean and sweet, it trickled from to the west. Rain inhaled deeply sneezing at the end. It smelled slightly like water. Which was odd because all he had been smelling for the last couple of days rot and decay. It made him curious.

"Do you smell that phill" rain looked in the direction the smell had been coming from.

Phill let his tail curl around his waist as his ears twitched slightly. He fixed his clothes tugging at the tight purple shirt only to mumble out a curse as the shirt ripped from the slight tug. He started sniffing the air as rain started to talk. "Yes, i don't like it, the caravan knows our species what if they think we are hiding and are using sweet smells to lure us out. I have to admit i really want to go towards that smell though. I cant put my finger on the smell its sweet almost like candy but at the same time it smells nothing like candy, it is hard to explain." He took a long whiff in the direction it came from his nose wiggling and he rubbed it so he didn't sneeze.

David grunted, "Thats a little roundabout, don'tcha think? We are out in the open" he said, motioning around at the field beyond the thin trees they were taking shelter under, "I would think they would just rush us". David didn't smell anything, years of smoking cigarettes dampened his sense of smell to the point he couldn't identify vanilla even if he was smelling a candle labled vanilla. Weird smell or not, they should get a plan together. David was still shaken by what he heard last night. These two seemed more dangerous than he originally though. He scanned the field through the trees nervously. These two had some kind of invisiable guardian that would see to it that David was murdered if anything happened to them.

(((The smell doesn't have anything to do with David's scare, does it?)))

Rain continued to smell the air while listening to the two. Both had a good point but it made rain feel slightly tingly.

"David does have a good point, and it smells really good. Which is odd for all the decay ive been smelling the past couple of days. I say we take a small detour and check it out." Rain smiled back at Phil before going to his horse.

"Besides it almost has a underlining scent of water, so we can refill our canteens and water the horses." Looking as david we was waiting for a reply on his side and he felt that david was more inclined to agree with rain.

(((( No I dont know what your plan is for them so i was going to let that play out how you wanted it. You can include them though in it. ))))))

Phill nodded at davids point that he brought up and got on his horse as well. "We just have to be careful, i have no idea what it is but it is very enticing and it does smell slightly like water as well so that may be good since my cantine is empty we just need to try and not get cought if its a trap by anyone, who knows what it could be. I will agree and go with you this time but if its a trap maybe youll trust my instonct next time." Phill grabbed his sword amd closed his eyes feeling a very slight spark in him told him he only had enough electricity to use one more big surge of it just in case.

David Packed his blanket and threw his pack of jerky in his bag. He was down to check it out, trap or not. He was confident that they could handle an ambush. He has escaped two since he woke up a few days ago. One of them was even Rain, that one was just a misunderstanding though. David threw his bag on his shoulders and went to his horse. When he tried to jump up, his horse began to canter in a circle, always staying just out of David's reach. After the stunt he pulled at the camp the night before, david was ready. IT didn't mean that he didn'tlook like an idiot hoping after his horseas they twirled. Finally, he was able to catch up and get on his back.

"I will agree and go with you this time but if its a trap maybe youll trust my instonct next time." Phil said.

David was checking the ammo in his guns, "Wow! a pre-emptive "I told you so". Never heard that before" he said with mock surprise and winking at Phil. He holstered his guns as they started on their way. David spoke up again, "If it make you guys feel better, I can hang back some and cover you. I have a longer reach than your weapons". He made a mental note to start collecting different types of ammo. Maybe a shotgun like ammo isnn't the only thing thiese can shoot?

Rain keeped quiet as he gathered his horse and hoped up. He had found David's circus act hilarious but he wasnt about to laugh out loud. Although he did smile which was short lived by the wink he through at phill.

Ignoring the two he spurred his horse of in the direction of origin. It didnt take them long to find it with rains and phills sharp nose. They could tell when they were close as the dead and dieing grass turned vibrant with life. The bulk of the smell was coming from a little fountain of water about 15feet in front of them.

It was quant with a staute of a woman standing in the middle. She had wings that where outstretched and a strapless dress that pooled at her feet. Water poured from her hands and trickled down to meet the spring around her feet. The edges of the fountain looked to be made out of limestone surrounded by flowers. It was a thing of beauty in all of the death and decay.

Rain stopped a little bit away from in and got off of his horse. Letting go of its rains he watched as it went over and drank from the fountain.

'well if it didnt kill the horse it wont kill us.'

"Think we can bath in it."rain asked almost absentmindedly. Walking to the edge he looked over into the water. It was crystal clear and had a odd sparkly gold reflection on the surface.

"Well the horse isnt dead, I think its safe to drink."rain looked between the two before leaving over and taking a couple of drinks from the cup he had fashioned out of his hand.

Phill ignored davids comment as well as ignoring the wink as he spurred his horse to get beside rain. Phill was glad to have something to do as he helped find the source of the scent. He was surprised by what they found that was for sure, he wasn't quite sure how or why it survived.

Phill hopped off his horse and walked over beside it while it began to drink from the water. Phill took out his empty cantine and filled it with the water. He took a sip of the water sighing happily as it was the most refreshing water he had had. He chuckled hearing rain's question to himself "i believe we could."

"hm.... could what". Rain paused for a minute letting phills statement sink in.

"Oh.. yes I plan on it after we have filled up our stuff. I also think we should look around for food that the water might have saved.

Rain stood, walking around the fountain while david and phill filled up there canteens rain spotted a small stone on the ground. Taking a closer look he read the scrolling writting on it.

Let this monument stand for eternity in tribute to Lumiere, the beautiful and graces goddess of light. May she purify our water with her love and fill our souls with light

Taking a second longer to re read the stone rain shrugged his shoulders. Looking back between david and phill he descided they were done. Stripping his clothes off he grabbed his bag pulling out a small thing of sand soap. Jumping into the fountain it he shivered a little as the cold water came up to his waist. It was deeper than it looked.

Rain turned to find phill and david looking at him. Smiling he dunked under gettong wet before coming back up soaked and ready to clean himself.

Edited by Acornia

Kimon glanced over with a soft chirp at the sight of the two, and hurried over, shifting to lift himself on one talon instead of both. He didn't want his feathers getting into the wound, after all. "This is going to sting a bit... I'm sorry." And, with a frown, he quickly tugged the stick out of her leg, wincing at the blood, but dropping it off to the side before pressing a cloth down on it- Hard. He flapped his wings to rise a bit, using his other talon to lift the leg into the air, propping it up on a pile of hides and feathers.

Still pressing down on it, he carefully shifted in the air to pull the remains of the kit close to him, rummaging through with his free talon to find a small bottle of water infused with herbs, designed to clean wounds. He lifted the cloth and poured it on the fabric, wincing as he knew it'd hurt when he applied it, but pressing the cloth back down afterwards and tying another around it, tight. It'd be uncomfortable, but would help with the blood, he knew.

"...There. It's... It'll need to be changed, but..."

David rolled his eyes. These guys must not know what winking means becasue it always feels like he takes two steps back when he does it. David filled his water bladders and stood back from the pool. It was weird that it was stil running in this land of rot. The statue showed no signs of erosion despite being made of soft limestone. The pools seemed untouched by the death that surrounded it. David found it strange that they didn't spook any animals on their way up. Tis had to be the only source of water, right? David stalked around the pool, his gun in hand and eyes outward. He was having a bad feeling. standing watch while the other two bathed seemed to make him feel better.

Alexa screamed as the twig left her leg, along with a flow of blood. The warmth on the back of her leg tempted her to look to see just how bad it was but she kept her eyes squeezed shut. Her fists locked onto the bottom of her shirt. She focused on keeping her breath steady to help ignore the pain; it didn't help much.

She nearly shrieked again as the cloth was reapplied with the herb water. The burning sensation was nearly unbearable. She forced her leg to stay still as possible, knowing moving it would only make this worse. A few tears rolled down her cheeks but she didn't even realize it. She did realize she had been holding her breath and let it out.

"Thanks..." She muttered through clenched teeth. She focused on steadying her breathing again.

Rain was enjoying the feeling of being clean while playing in the water. It had been a while sence he had had a bath or shower and he was taking the chance to relish in the feeling.

In the midst of scrubbing he spotted david walking around with his guns in his hands. He was on the look out for something.

"Hey did you see the stone, I dont think you have to worry because this is a shrine to Lumiere. Although she was thought to be just a myth people still worship her sometimes." Rain wondered over to David smiling slightly as he got close to the edge. He felt that david was just a bundle of nerves and with what happened the night before rain felt comfortable around him. That's why he had no problem when he reached out grabbing him by the shirt and pulling hard causing him to tumble over the side with rain.

"...I'm sorry. It would've been worse if I hadn't done it quick, i-it should numb soon..." he quietly stated, shifting to kneel on the bed and spread his wings in an offering of a hug. That was how humans did it, right? And it was to give comfort? He wasn't completely sure how it worked, but he wanted to help in any way he could. This seemed like as good of a way as any, he figured, the bit around his neck puffing up as he let out a soft chirrup. He just hoped she wouldn't blame him for the pain- Hopefully, she understood that he only had her best intentions in mind, and didn't mean to put her in more pain. But, just in case...

"I didn't want it to hurt..." he mumbled, shifting to very carefully wipe a tear off her cheek, as difficult as it was to move his talon while kneeling- Along with not harm her further with his nails. But he managed. Besides, he had seen humans do this before as well, so... Maybe it was comforting too? He wasn't sure. Kimon just hoped they weren't threatening actions.

Hector stood to the side, his wings wrapped around him and his eyes glowing. He looked more intimidating than he intended. It was just part of his biology. People don't like what they can't see. He could feel the pain rolling of the human in waves, her streak of unluckyness seemed to be passing though. The same could not be said for the rest of Nalom. He was getting a strong vibe of dread rolling in from the south like a stormfront. He would need to check it out, it was compelling him. For now, he would stick around to make sure the human was fine

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

David Looked back when Rain spoke to him.

"Hey did you see the stone, I dont think you have to worry because this is a shrine to Lumiere. Although she was thought to be just a myth people still worship her sometimes." he said to make him feel better.

David looked across the pool and squinted trying to see the stone he was talking about. Without warning, the fox snagged him by the collar of the shirt and threw his weight backwards. David toppled into the water with a curse, one gun falling on the bank and the other sailed into the pool with a plunk. He resurfaced close to Rain's face, soggy and angry. He spit a cold stream ofwater in Rain's face and laughed.

"Jerk" he said devoid of actual anger.

He grabbed Rain around the waist and suplexed him into the deeper water as payback.

Rain screeched in suprised as he was picked up and flung back into the deeper water. As his head went below the water he wrapped his arms over davids shoulder grabbing a fist full of his shirt. Struggling as david made his way back up rain held on and he peeled davids shirt off over his head.

Coming to the surface he smiled and waved the shirt in the air like a prize. Taking it he waded through the water away from david toward phill.

"Thanks for the shirt I needed a new one."he called over his shoulder while seeking out phill, his possible next victim for dunking.

Phill nodded at rain expecting that he was going togo find food. What he was not expecting was for rain to fly past him naked and splash him with water. He sighed as he made sure his cantine was clothed and put it on the ground.

Phill saw those two messing around and he quietly stripped stretching his muscles. As he saw rain turn to come towards him he ran and jumped into the deeper water with a big splash right beside rain. He surfaced with a big grin "you may have got him but that gave me plenty of time to get out of a dunk session, thanks for distracting him david."

"So...you jump closer?" h asked, unsure of the fox's logic. david waded back towards the shore and dropped off his soggy shoes. IT was then that he noticed only one pistol resting on the grass where he was thrown in. "Uh-oh" he muttered, looking around the shallows. He took a breath of air and held it. He dunked his head under and opened his eyes. Looking around in the depths below him, he just could just make out a dark, blurry shape off to his left. He surfaed for a moment to get more air before upturning himself and diving to the bottom.

The bottom of the pool was made of smooth, yellowing limestone. His pistol was resting on the bottom, small bubbles escaped when he grabbed it. bracing his feet on the bottom, he pushed himself towards the surface. Whe he reached the top, he held the gun over his head, streams of water poured out of every seam and he hoped it still fired. David held it over his head and covered the ear closest, "Fire in the hole" he said to the duo and pulled the trigger

BOOM! the gun went off without a hitch, spraying bend nails and water vapor into the air. "Oh good! It still works.", he said, tossing it to the bank to dry with his shoes. It was a pretty intresting result. Regular guns would have wet gunpowder and be unusable until the whole thing dried out. It seemed his, with their "magical ignition" could even shoot water out the barrel. He was unsure if that would be useful, but it was certainly cool.

Phill chuvkled "yes i jump closer, since i dont have clothes or weapons on me i have no reason to not want to be dunked. Plus being in here too means that i can wrestle back and dunk him instead." Phill splasged some water onto rain enjoying the feelings of cleanliness as well as having someone to mess around with.

Phill was confused at david going under water and tilted his head. When david came back with his weapon over his head phill began to be curious. He was just about to speak when the weapon made a deffening noise that caused him to whimper from the pain. On top of that he didn't know what that was, what it did, or if it was going to hurt them and was slightly upset "couldn't you have gotten out first, i dont know what that is but it hurt, also what does that even do besides try to kill our ears." Phill wasn't trying to sound upset as he knew that was just how david was and he couldn't fault him since he acted without thinking a lot. He gave a soft sigh and shook hus head "nothing to be done about it now just please try and give more of a warning, i had no clue it would make any noise." After that he grabbed rain and began to wrestle to get a grip on him and toss him.

Edited by voltage