ShadowMonster

Nalom

Phill walked in with his horse as well having it tied by the water and food. He got some food and a drink from one of the others. He sat closer to the dancers though not by much, he wasn't hiding in shadows but he made it a point to not get too involved no matter how much fun it looked. His tail swayed softly to the music as he took a bite of the food since it didn't smell like any sort of poison. He felt his foot tapping the ground as he watched the dance, slightly entranced by it.

David dropped off his horse and relinquished his holsters from around his waist. Dropping them into the girl's arms. He really hoped he would get his guns back. From the way things seemed, it would be difficult to get another set. He tied his horse up with the others and wandered into the camp.

It wasn't long before some kid came up to him with a bowl of stew and a mug of frothy, bitter scented liquid. David took a sip of the drink and found it tasted much like beer back home. This was much sweeter though. He took a seat and sat in the grass. He was relatively close to a group of people who were also sitting in the grass. The dancing and music all reminded him what he imagined a gypsy camp looking like. It was...nice to be around friendly people.The other members of his party were cold and brooding, not very fun company. He was just about ready to move on from these wet blankets. He smiled at a couple when he noticed them watching him. He tipped his imaginary hat, "How's it going, folks? How are you tonight?" he asked.

Rain watched the dancing intently while munching happy on his food. He had never danced before but it didn't look hard. But damce wasnt really his thing.

Spotting phill sitting more in the open he gave up his seat in solitude to venture over to him. Stopping beside him rain looked down at him before dropping down onto the ground.

Finishing his food he set it aside, a few minutes later a child came amd picked it up while another o e offered a refill on the drink.

With his mug topped of and a full stomach rain felt peaceful. Although that didnt last long as the music changed to a light and airy sound. The notes jumping around, it was a fast paced song.

"Sir im Lucy, I see youve been watching the dance. Come and join us." A young girl of about 18 with a light flowing purplr dress and wine red hear asked. She looked dazzling but that want enough to get him up.

Lucy didnt wait for a answer though as she reached down and took rains hamd pulling him to his feet. At first rain wobbled a little from the drinks that he had had but he got steadier the closer they got to the fire and dances. He was definitely feeling the effects of the alcohol or else he would never had allowed himself to be puller out her.

Glanceing back at phill he gave him a big toothy grin as he seen amother girl get up the courage to as him to dance. At least he wouldnt be the only one. Looking around he spotted David, smiling at him he figured it would be a matter of time before some cute little girl asked for him to dance.

Phill chuckled as he had watched rain get pulled to his feet and towards the dance, he saw rain's big goofy grin and shook his head glad he hadn't drank too much of his drink. Phill wasn't sure at first why he saw rain grinning at him like that until a girl asked him to dance. She took him by the hand and was soon being taken towards the dance floor though his ears twitched not very fond of crowds. He tried many excuses about his injured legs even going as far as to try and show her but she paid his words no mind as he was soon close to where rain was, listening to the music but unsure if he really wanted to dance. He soon gave in though, keeping his ears out to make sure he wasn't being tricked as well as trying to make sure everything was okay. He followed the steps of the dance almost perfectly as his time perfecting his agiliy as much as he could as well as his kicks allowed him to have a graceful and fluid feel to how he moved, that showed in his dance though he didn'tknow the dance he looked like he had done it before.

Rain was spun around and around with his partner. Then a dip as he bowed and she curtsies and then a step back. Over and over the steps where repeated. At first rain was clumsy but after a while he grow used to it and was comfortable enough to talk while dancing.

While his cheeckes where dusted red he opened up at little.

"So what are you guys celebrating." He screamed over the music.

She smiled and before rain could get a answer she was gone and another partner took her place. This woman had long full back hair and a scarlet red dress.

"We are celebrating the dawn of a new year. We pray and give dance and drink to motica. The beautiful and gracious goddess of life." She said breathing heavily from the dance.

"What do you pray for." Rain was enjoying himself. Even more so when he glanced over and seen phill next to him dancing with a girl amd a little girl of about 10 asking David to dance.

Rain through his head back amd laughed as his partner changed yet again. This one was a sayter with pale skin and long white hair. Her eyes were a enchanting emerald.

"We pray that the new year will be better than the last. And that all should lost and trapped can find the door to the afterlife when the veil of years is thinned." She said spinning around as the song slowed. Another slower song picked up. This one rain new from balls and other formal events.

Again his partner changed and this time he was looking at a youmg man. He was a little taller than rain but he was strapping amd strong looking.

"My friend it looks as if you've had to much to drink. But im happy you are enjoying youself. " The young man gave rain a large grin pulling him closer by the waist.

"My name is alindor. Maybe you would like to spend the night in my company." Alindor looked around a brief second.

"Ill find you later." He said as he was whisped to yet another person.

This time he was starting at phill. Smiling he started laughing.

"How did we end up together."

David was engaged in a conversation with the group next to him. They were chatting about random things, the weather, how the year has gone, and what the festival was all about. It was a way to ring in in new year and blessing the one thats past. David told them about the Ball Drop Countdown and Anderson Cooper. They seemed intrested in his stories of earth traditions, getting obscenely drunk, eating certian foods to brink luck and money, and getting a kiss when the countdown was done.By this time, he was on his third or fourth drink. David prided himself on being able to hold his alcohol but the little voice of booze was begining to creep into his mind. A little girl, about ten or eleven, rushed up to him, "Wanna dance mister?" she asked. Now David was not a dancer by any stretch of the term but the little voice of alcohol told him it would be rude. dvid threw up his hands and let the little girl lead him to the bonfire.

It was some kind of formal line dance thing. With simple steps repeating. David tried to pick up the steps but his current drowning coordination was making sure he was always one step behind. Tired of making a fool of himself, he resorted to addding his own moves. Moves from Earth dances like the Electric Slide and Thriller. He was getting laughter from every partner that switched to him and David in his drunk fog didn't have a care in the world. He laughed and joked along with his partners.

The next time he switched was a surprise though. His next partner was a woman about his age.She looked like she was related to most of the other people at the party. tall, light hair, pale skin. Her eyes threw him off though. They were a brilliant pinkish purple and did not look happy. She swung a open palm and struck David on the side of the head with a sharp pop. He held his face and looked at the angry woman in surprise, "Uh...HI?"

'Don't "hi" me. How would you feel if I treated you like that", she demanded, wacking him again.

"Ow! Stop. I really don't know who you are" he said.

The woman glared at him, looking as if she might strike again. She though better of it and stalked off. David watched as she vanished into the crowd. He was snapped out of his trance when his next partner swapped to him. David tried to fall back into the dance but remained distracted by what he just saw.

Phill had started getting disoriented as both guys and girls spun him around avoiding his question about how long they have been traveling and about the next town but they instead told him about the celebration and why it was so important, he had been flirted with a couple times and had a soft blush as he caught rain's hands in his. He began to spin Rain and chuckled before moving away from the big group, he wouldn't let it show but he was jelous and protective as the other man hit on rain. Phill pressed his nose lightly against rains staring him in the eyes "you are drunk, you better not go sleeping around with random men, you might regret it." He let out a small puff of air as he reached over and grabbed his mug and took another drink.

Rain blushed but was taken aback.

"What, you dont like the idea of another man with me." Rain wasn't thinking straight, he wanted to pull phills strings and he know that wasnt a good idea but he couldnt help it.

Leaning in he kissed him on the forehead.

"Don't worry I dont plan on sleeping with anyone." Releasing phill he backed away returning back to the dancing. He was having fun and wasnt ready to end the night. Sauntering away from phill he walked back to the fire and took up a new dance partner. After 20 minites of so he switched painters again.

This time he was face to face with a partner he didnt wasnt to see. David look at him somewhat distracted. Rain noticed a red mark on his face. Leaning closer to get a look ,concern plastered on his voice and laced through his voice.

"What happened, someone his you." Rain reached up amd gently traced his face with feather light fingers. Leaning back again he gave a chuckle.

"Sorry, I know that shouldnt be funny but you... mister big, dark, and mysterious was slapped by someone." Rains voice died down as did his laughter. Sobering a little he looked david in the face.

"Sorry, I know ive been rude it you." Rain let go and backed up. Shaking his head he crossed his arms and looked at the ground. With out a word he turned and left, walking away to the wagons to find a place to sleep.

Edited by Acornia

David was still miles away when Rain switched to be his dance partner. He was surprised when he showed compassion when he noticed the red handprint on his face. His eyebrows furrowed together i a face of annoyance, "Yeah some woman appeared and slapped me. Said something about the way I treated her. Weird thing was that I have never seen her in my life". He allowed Rain to touch the warm spot on his face. It still stung but the pressure of the man's hand didn't make it any worse. He was surprised at Rain's next action, He started laughing. It was infectious and David couldn't help laughting, "Don't appologize. It is funny", he said between chuckles.

"Sorry, I know ive been rude it you." he said after their laughing fit subsided.

David smiled and waved his hand dismissively, "Don't worry about it. I know how abrasive I can be. Thats what landed me...", he trailed off, looking past the fox and into the crowd behind him. He thought he saw the pik eyed woman watching them but now he couldn't find her. She must have saw him looking and stepped back into the shadows. When he looked back at Rain, he suddenly looked much more tired. David tipped the space above his head where a hat would be, "Night, Fox Friend", he said after him. He snagged another mug off a tray a little boy was carrying and went back to making his next partner laugh.

Rain walked around for a couple of minutes clearing his head and looking for a safe spot to sleep when alindor came up to him.

"What are you doing away from the festivities. Are you perhaps looking for a place to sleep." He asked with a smile on his face while wrapping a arm around rains waist leading him away from the fire and to a wagon at the back. It was a little was away from the rest which was odd seeong as they were all in a circle.

"Here, this is a safe place to sleep and it is far enough away the the music and festivities won't wake you. " Rain looked at the wagon and back again. Taking ahold of the side he attempted to lift himself up. He know he hadnt gotten enough ump when he felt himself fallimg back. But a pair of steady hands placed themselves on his hack and rump. Giving a hand alindor helped rain into the wagon where he layed down on some soft pelts and pillows that were inside.

Rain looked up at the ceiling as he felt his head real from the movements of just moments ago. The movement of the wagon didnt make it any better as another person climded in.

"You ok. Dont get sick in here we still have some fun planned for tonight." Alindor climded in and leaned over rain looking him up and down hungrily.

Rain took a look at him and knew almost instantly that it had been a bad idea to go with him. He was feeling a little sick at what was happening as a hand slipped in and snaked its way up his chest. Rains mi d went on autopilot as his hands came up and one slammed into his noise while the other went to his neck in a tight hold.

Alindors scrambled with the hand on his through, his eyes where large as his oxygen was cut off. Rain getting some leverage swang up and now he was stairing down at him as he sat on his waist. Somewhere in the back of rains head he know he should stop, that he had learned his lesson but rains darker side, the one he had keeped looked up in chains and drowned in the deepest part of him was struggling to the surface, but it was like giving water to a thirst man.

He watched as his struggling died down and his lips turned pale blue. Still he did not let up, with a wicked smile he had the ghost memory's of blood on his hands. Something that the darkness wanted to feel. But a small part of rain weeped Inside, some small part had changed this so a horrible memory in the past would never be repeated.

Looking at the dieing man rain felt a tear roll down his face. It was like waking up from a dream. The fog cleared amd rain let go like he had been burned. Rain scrambled backwards, tripping over a blanket he fell out of the back amd landed on the ground. Breathing heavily he scrambled back up onto his feet and ran in search to find either david or phill.

David spun around and around, away from the bonfire. He was really feeling the effects of this alcohol. It was good too, made him see colors more vividly and the sounds of the music were sharper. It was like being drunk and high off the same substance. He Laughed at nothing in particular and throwing his head back.

It was then that he was almost bowled over when someone slammed into him. He Whirled around, spilling his drink a little as it sloshed around in his heand.

It was Rain. And something looked wrong.

He studied the boy's face. It appeared he had been crying. david glanced around, noting that no one seemed to be paying attention to them. He pulled him further from the light of the bonfire and looked him in the eye, "What happened?" he asked simpily, suddenly much more sober than he was second before.

Phill had been watching rain with daggers when he went with the guy. He had been relaxing a while and sighing as he was close to going to get rain as he saw him scrambling out of a back caravan. He took a few steps around david and wrapped his arms around Rain holding him close. He softly rubbed his back gently "what is wrong rain? Are you alright, did he try and hurt you or was there an attack?" Phill spoke so quietly he was sure only rain and maybe david could hear him at the moment. He looked at david and nodded at him quietly "thank you for your concern as well."

Edited by voltage

Rain felt the arms wrap around him and more memory's came trugging back up. The darkness in his soul creeping up to consume his mind. Bowing his arms out he broke hos hold while turning in his arms bringing his fist up on a upper cut to phills stomach. Dropping low he backed up a couple of steps breathing hard. He was fighting to remain in control and that hadnt helped.

Rain had something important to tell them, but he couldnt remember....

"We need to go, there's......he's....I dont think I killed him."

Rain looked at phill and david as his mind cleared alittle. Guilt washed over him as he realized he had just attacked phill. He even had his hand in his vest for a knife he hadnt handed over. Pulling his hand out he took a step foward taking a deep breath trying to calm his nerves.

"Alindor he...... I think I may have killed him." This time rain spoke a lot quieter. Glancing around only one or two people was around to have heard and both where young children.

"With as busy as it had been I dont think anyone will notice til morning but if they do we are all in danger." Rain wiped at the reminents of the tears and gave phill and david a sorrowful look. He wouldnt blame them if they decide to leave or turn him over but he didnt think that they would let them go as they had come in with them.

"Sorry" rain bowed his head and backed up a little toward the horses.

Edited by Acornia

Phill let go as he was hit in the stomach unexpectedly, he let out a soft groan as he rubbed where he was hit. He shook his head as he looked at rain knowing he was freaked out. Phill walked over silently nodding to rain "i would never leave you, lets go i think the horses are watered. Phill grabbed their horses and offered the reigns to rain "we just need to get our weapons and we can go see if the next town is there." Phill didn't know what happened and he was not going to push him, he found the girl with the weapons "i would like to collect my weapons if it is alright, we just needed to water are horses and now we really should be on our way, we got distracted by the dancing but we had something important we came down here to do."

David watched in silence as the events unfolded before him. He smirked a little when Rain attacked Phil. stupid boy, didn't he see that he was tramatized? embracing would have needed to come later. He followed the two to the horses and looked aroud for his. After he didn't see the third horse, he scratched his head.

The whirled around when Phil said he was going to go get their weapons, "No! Don't!" he hissed but he was already gone. Outsiders showing up, dead guy in a wagon, outsiders suddenly want to leave. Was DAvid the only one that thought that looked suspicious? He was about to chase the boy but a hard tug on the back of his head made him stop dead. His horse was standing behind him, laughing in it's weird horse way. He walked around the side and was surprised to see his gun holsters drapped across it's back along with Phil's sword and Rain's dagggers. "How the hell...' he said in wonder, looking the horse over. He whistled throuhg his teeth and tossed Rain his dagger belt. Phil needed to come back yesterday. Not only were they possibly going to be hunted down for murder, but now his horse stole their weapons back. Once the little girl noticed they were gone that was sure to turn some heads their way. David tried to mount his horse in his clumsy way but at the last second, his horse stepped to one side. David missed his mark and sprawled out on the ground. His horse laughed again. David cursed and tried agin, this time the horse stayed steady and allowed him to climb up. He rode up beside Rain and looked him over, wanting to tell himthat everything would be alright but didn't. People who said that when they had no idea were morons lieing to make another feel better. It wouldn't help so he just gave him an understanding nod. If he wanted to talk, that would come with time. time that they might not have if PHIL DIDN"T HURRY THE HELL UP.

Edited by padfoot

Phill had stopped slightly when david had talked to him. He saw that he gave rain his daggers back and ran back quietly. Phill hurried back and hopped onto his horse riding up beside them, he reached over and took his sword with a curt nod. He began to urge his horse forward "ready to go when you are."

Rain took his daggers and held onto them like they where a life line. He nudged his hors eon following the other two away from the caravan. The faster and farther away they got the better.

"Aaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

Rains head jerked around at the sound as a woman stumbled out of a wagon in the back. She came running foward with tears on her face and shaking hands, frantic for someone. As she came foward and the screams and tormented sobs rang out the music stopped and the dancers stilled. The barley men from earlier came forward.

By this time it didn't matter as rain and his party were far enough away that they couldnt hear. Reaching the road the spurred his horse on wanting to put as much distance between them as possible.

"Thanks" was the last thing he said to phill and david before he shut himself off.

((sORRY I AM HERE))

Kimon nodded, hurrying now. He knew the forest like the back of his hand, thankfully, and moved along the uneven path without trouble, glancing around and fluttering up once or twice to see if he could spot his home.

Soon enough, he did, and he swiftly moved towards it, turning towards the other two when they reached. "It's just up here. Can you carry her up?" he asked Hector, already spreading his own wings in preparation to head up. "If not, then just call and I'll bring down the kit." And up he goes with a few flaps of his wings, stirring up the dirt and rising into the tree house-like building. Well... It was more of a sphere with an opening; An oversized bird's nest. But, still.

Kimon quickly set to work gathering up the supplies he'd need, humming underneath his breath.

Phill stretched as best he could while on horseback, knowing that they had found that guy that had probably tried to hurt rain. His ears twitched and he spurred his horse along the road quickly. He nodded his head as he spoke "no problem, we are friends, at least in my eyes." Phill had known him for only a small amount of time but he knew how rain was most of the time and decided that they were at least friends.

(((OH! Uh.... *Reads back frantically)))

David didn't have to do anything, his horse picked up the pace as soon as Rain's horse went into a gallop. His ears wern't as good as the other two but he still heard the piercing scream from the camp behind him. David drew his blunderbuss and rattled it next to his ear. A loud series of metalis clinks told him that it was still loded with the bent nails. Holstering it again. He erged his horse to go faster. Pulling up next to Phil, he finally spoke up, "Uh...did you tell anyone where we were going? Like, what did you tell that little girl?" he asked Phil. David was unfamiliar with the land so he didn't kow how many towns were in the imediate area. If this was the closest one, they would know exactly where to look."I don't remember if I told anyone. I was pretty drunk and talked to quite a few of the locals", he admitted. His memory was a foggy and he couldn't remember if he mentioned his mision to the couple he was talking to. "We should have stuck around, we could have talked our way out..." he muttered after falling back a bit. David wasn't sure if that could have been accomplished, but it would have been better thn being on the run. David was already on the run from the law.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hetor took the girl gently in his arms and spread his massive black wings. "Hold on, Miss" he said gently. Hector beat his wings against the ground, having to work harder to compensate for the extra weight. Shortly, he was above the treeline and flying in the direction the harpy went. He soon fouund himself heading towards a large, oval construct nestled in the upper branhes of a large oak. He touched down and folded his wings behind him like a cloak. He let the woman down on a soft bed and stood back. Unsure of what to do next.

Edited by padfoot

Rain listened as david asked phill some questions. He did have a point. Rain kepted his head low though as he thought over what had happened.

Phill had said they were friends, something that made rain slightly happy. At this point he was even warming up to having david around and he had only been with them for 2 or 3 days. But it had been the concern in his face when he had been having his panic attach earlier that helped him tremendous.

When he had first meet phill he had trusted him just about as far as he could throw him. Same had been said for David. He was a large man. Taller than rain and phill he had been imposing and rude. Standoffish if you will, but rain had seen intelligence and concern in the last 4 hours of traveling with him than in the last 2days. His opinions of this two had changed greatly and he wouldnt mind staying with them.

Edited by Acornia

Phill nodded at david "sadly we have to skip the next town or go through it quick, maybe stop and get supplies then leave, all i said was the next town. We just have to skip through it, we never had a destination besides south. Staying there could have been a death wish if the guy was dead then possibly just possibly but if he was alive and said rain attacked him he has been with the caravan longer so his words would mean more to them. If we just move more south after the town they have no clue where we are actually going, besides we don't even know where we are going fully. We may have escaped with our lives by staying but they probably would have taken rains in return and i will not let that happen." Phill looked off into the horizon as they rode "besides i never felt like staying there to begin with when people are that happy and nice there is always a secret they are hiding, i am surprised we werent poisoned."

(Yay!

That moment when you forget your characters name...and you also realize you forgot you made three characters, not two)

Alexa held onto Hector just tight enough. Her eyes stayed squeezed shut until they were above the trees. She made sure her hair blowing in the wind didn't blow into his face. As they flew through the air she took in the landscape below. It was beautiful from up above.

She yawned. She tried to see how many birds she could count in an attempt to distract herself from the pain pulsing through her leg. Her eye lids drooped and another yawn escaped her.

Rain looked over at david and phill.

"If we go to the next town I suggest getting supply's and new clothes, something like a disguise."

They had travelled a ways away from the caravan and now the only light to guide them was the moons that hung in the sky. On a dazzleing pale yellow washing the land in a warm glow the other a sparkling blue. Looking up at the stars hanging in the sky like little diamonds hanging from a neckless.

Rains horse faltered and almost feel. Regaining his balance rain held onto the neck. Glancing at the other to he seen there horses stumbling on. Taking a deep breath of the air he glanced around.

"I think we should stop for the night." Was all he said as he slide from his horse.

Phill nodded at Rain's suggestion of getting supplies and a set of new clothes. He pet the horse gently as he spoke "that seems like the best plan of action for sure, we are low on supplies anyways."

Phill got off of his horse after it stumbled around, agreeing that it was time to set up camp. He tied the horse up before sitting against a nearby tree that the horse wasn't tied to. He ran his fingers through his hair thinking things through "we have no clue if they will follow us or if so then when, it may be safest to set up some sort of watch just in case, if you rather not that is fine too but i figured that i may as well try and get some of the options onto the table, once we are past the next town i feel we will have much higher chances of not running into them so the watch would only be until then."