Keyboard_Cat

Down With The Sickness!

Greetings, brethren in the fight for the Cure! Hopefully we can eliminate this dreadful malady before it spreads further.

Unfortunately for my scroll, the dragons that would be most helpful in this endeavor are all afflicted! sad.gif My unaffected Whites and Soulpeaces are trying their best to keep their patients as comfortable as possible as we work towards isolating the Contagion and finding the Cure.

Greetings, brethren in the fight for the Cure! Hopefully we can eliminate this dreadful malady before it spreads further.

Unfortunately for my scroll, the dragons that would be most helpful in this endeavor are all afflicted! sad.gif My unaffected Whites and Soulpeaces are trying their best to keep their patients as comfortable as possible as we work towards isolating the Contagion and finding the Cure.

Greetings to you, and you too Keyboard_Cat.

I fear it's getting worse, we must double our efforts.

Stay strong, we can do it.

Whoa... I just thought of something... What if the meter shows us what we want to see? Like, people going for Cure have a meter showing that Cure's winning; and people going for Spread have a meter showing that Spread's winning. I only say this because the meter seems to be continuously stuck around 48.62% with Cure winning and I've only ever done Cure. But then there're people saying they see Spread winning who have mainly gone for Spread. Even though I've been checking a lot, I've never seen it winning.

Of course, I could just being making something out of nothing. But that's what makes conspiracy theories so fun!

Contributed to the cure two more times. I'm awful at Minesweeper, so I try to contribute what I can! biggrin.gif

However, dragons who encounter the ooze become lethargic. Though not technically dead their normal sharp intelligence is blunted. In the initial phases they tend to lie around all the time, deeply asleep.

I think I'm infected ! xd.png

I'm really disappointed that this thread is not titled "Down with the Sickness".

OW WAH AH AH AH

Team cure's got a theme song and the best uniforms.

Headbanging plague doctors for the win.

Headbanging plague doctors for the win.

That is.....an interesting image. xd.png No wonder we're winning, we're just scaring the plague into submission.

So we got the best anthem, the best uniforms.....now all we need as a bada** flag and we're golden! xd.png

Contributed another.....10 I think, since I woke up. CURES FOR THE CURE GOD! Wait, that doesn't make sense....

THE MALAISE IS SPREADING!

One of the eggs I had bred, all of which not infected, is infected now!

IT'S GETTING WORSE.

Cures! We need more cures!

On a side note, I'm starting think the bar really isn't moving any more. Shouldn't there be a winning side by now?

Spread the cures! Has anyone noticed any of their dragons that WEREN'T sick becoming sick now??

I already posted this on the News thread...

I don't play games of the sort that are needed to cure the "disease," so I am at a complete loss. Guessing is getting me no where. I just want it to go away. Why isn't there an opt out button? Sigh.

Some of my dragons that weren't sick have caught the disease today. WE NEED MORE CURE!!!

I guess everytime someone picks "cure" a dragon gets cured and everytime someone picks "spread" a dragon gets infected...

Edited by Felixr2

Im all for the cure...Im trying my best since Im not very good at minesweeper, but Ive managed to win a few times.

Im all for the cure...Im trying my best since Im not very good at minesweeper, but Ive managed to win a few times.

I could help you if you'd send me screenshots. If you want me to, of course.

It's late here though, I'll be heading to bed in about an hour I guess...

The bad thing is that you still have to guess sometimes. Im super good at choosing exactly the wrong tile on those occasions. wink.gif

TJ has finally found the perfect excuse for lag with that disease. No lag monster, no other influence... it's just the dragons being lethargic.

The bad thing is that you still have to guess sometimes. Im super good at choosing exactly the wrong tile on those occasions. wink.gif

TJ has finally found the perfect excuse for lag with that disease. No lag monster, no other influence... it's just the dragons being lethargic.

You have to guess sometimes, but most of the time it's very quickly visible you'll have to guess (at least to me), or you actually don't have to guess if you take all the information into consideration. I'm pretty good at it. smile.gif

Guys I just checked the status bar and it looks like the Curse is spreading more!

ETA: I just spread the cure some more.

Edited by Syiren

Guys I just checked the status bar and it looks like the Curse is spreading more!

ETA: I just spread the cure some more.

When did it become a curse? Lol, I thought it was a virus infection...

When did it become a curse? Lol, I thought it was a virus infection...

Well, when you win the game it asks if you want to cure or curse and I just went with it. happy.gif;

You have to guess sometimes, but most of the time it's very quickly visible you'll have to guess (at least to me), or you actually don't have to guess if you take all the information into consideration. I'm pretty good at it. smile.gif

Maybe it's my first-click habits. I tend to avoid corners, and that's where I often get stuck with a 50/50 chance. There is just not much you can do when all the adjacent tiles are filled with virus markers and you've got one lousy germ left. xd.png

When I win the game it just says: "You win! SPREAD or CURE"...

All adjacent tiles filled with virus markers... you must've gotten very unlucky. xd.png

Also, I need a cure myself now. Was so concentrated on the game I forgot I'd put vinegar in my kettle for descaling, then made myself some tea and took a large swig. dry.gif

When I win the game it just says: "You win! SPREAD or CURE"...

All adjacent tiles filled with virus markers... you must've gotten very unlucky. xd.png

Wow, I'm totally half asleep. How did I miss that?! *headdesk* oh well. This virus is kind of like a curse so, I'm not going to go crazy with technical words. happy.gif;

The sickness side has been constantly gaining points. We need to work harder. :0

Well, at the risk of helping those darn Cure fanatics- i shall post tips to help my fellow Goo lovers!

1: go to google and type in "timer" the first thing that comes up should be a free timer! you can set the timer to ten min and it will alert you so that you always know when you can contribute again.

2: do not use the little virus button in the top corner of the game to mark your potential goo squares. its really easy to misclick something and step in goo. instead use the right click method.

3: its super important to realize that the number indicators takes DIAGONAL squares into account as well as those immediately to the left, right, ect.

4: sometimes the shot is going to be 50/50 and the only thing left to do is guess.

5: i usually open with a click to the middle and a click to one of the far corners. if more than one corner looks fairly safe I may open with multiple corner clicks.

4: here are a few helpful indicators that let you know fore sure that there is a goo puddle under the tile. Diagonal indicators are your friend!

user posted image

The “1” squares are your best friend. If you see a "1" in a corner like this one, it means it’s attached to ONE goo puddle. And since the only unclicked square it’s touching is the one diagonally across from it, that one HAS to be that one that has the goo!  So you see all those other “1” squares in the same area? those are all attached to that SAME GOO SQUARE you just identified. So that means all the other squares those “1” tiles are touching have to be safe, otherwise those tiles could not be marked as a “1.”

user posted image

~~~~~~~~~

Ok now from the next bit. up in the top we have two squares boxed in by tiles marked as “2” so naturally those two untouched squares between them have to be goo, because the top “2s” can’t touch anything else but those two squares. 

user posted image

Then we have a tricky situation with the “3” and all the remaining “1s”. this gets a little long  but upon closer inspection its quite simple. The ones have already told us where the goo is. once again there is a “1” in a corner , so the goo is diagonal from it. now we just have to figure out how many of the other “1s” are touching this square.  (marked in red) All the unturned tiles touching a “1” that is also touching this goo tile CANT also be a goo, because if it was, the tiles could not be marked as a “1”.  So now that we know that and we can see that the three is already attached to the two tiles we already identified as goo up in the “2” box (marked in yellow) that only leaves one square left that the three can be touching but the red-marked “1s”  are not touching. So that’s the las goo!

~~~~~~~~~~

Now in this picture we have a really straight forward answer marked in red. We have a tile marked as “4” so its touching four goo. But it can only touch four tiles in total so all four tiles HAVE to be goo. Notice that some of these tiles attached to the “4” are also attached to some “1s” this means that all the unturned tiles up above those "1s" are safe! (marked in green)

user posted image

Now down in blue we got three “1s” in a straight line broken up by a “2.” The “2” can only touch three squares, but the “1s” touch those squares too. so the only way the “2” can be touching two goo squares without the "1s" also touching more than one goo square, is if there was a gap between the goos. So out of squares 1,2 &3, squares 1 & 3 have to have the goo.

Yoink! I hope the risk was worth it! wink.gif

I figured this could help some people.